johnathan-wrathborne
johnathan-wrathborne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Blank Slate
Choppy symbol movement... Sep. 12th, 2009 @ 01:12 AM Reply

Well as Halloween is around the corner I've managed to get a good chunk of my Halloween entry completed ahead of schedule, but tonight I realized that I have a problem. Due to the amount of detail on the backgrounds, the symbol animation is now choppy and slower than it should be.

The only way currently to get the symbol animation to go at is desired speed, is to lower the quality of the animation from 'high' to 'medium'.

As I've worked quite hard the past 2 weeks, this obviously isn't the answer I want. What I have looks really nice and I very much want to keep it that way.

Unfortunately the only solution I've thought of is to limit the background symbol animation some, as well as simplify the detail on the backgrounds.

I'm using flash MX2004(yeah its old, I know), don't know if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this problem, but I thought I'd ask.

Here is a shot from my project, I didn't get to heavy into background detail or anything, but its still giving me grief.

Choppy symbol movement...

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Choppy symbol movement... Sep. 12th, 2009 @ 03:44 AM Reply

What exactly is animated in the background? You could try saving the trees out as a jpg if it's just panning across the stage.

Looks good, btw ;)

johnathan-wrathborne
johnathan-wrathborne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Choppy symbol movement... Sep. 12th, 2009 @ 04:01 AM Reply

At 9/12/09 03:44 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: What exactly is animated in the background? You could try saving the trees out as a jpg if it's just panning across the stage.

Looks good, btw ;)

thanks. Wast quite sure if having a few JPG backgrounds would help or not actually...