Be a Supporter!
ImlunchBoxx
ImlunchBoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
scientology Sep. 11th, 2009 @ 08:56 PM Reply

can someone give me a concrete answer on the beliefs and myths of?

BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to scientology Sep. 11th, 2009 @ 09:41 PM Reply

As usual: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

BONUS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD9bCdHqU 3s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPol_m8wm 8Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHb0BZyF5 Ok

The last one is interesting. He tells you how he got roped into it and how he just got more and more fed up with how craze the people were over the years.

Scientolgy is a cult that gets you to come in under the pretense that it's an "alternative to psychiatry". Basically they'll show you how successful other scientologists are and how they turned their lives around and they give you life tips on how to better yourself. Usually it's obvious stuff that you can get from any dumbass pep talk.
But the key difference is that they have a long process of purification that requires money. So basically the more money you pay, the more tests you get and the more they let you into the organization. Once you get to a certain level, they make you give other people tests and they make you share all your secrets and shame.

That's why people who get caught into it do NOT want to get out. They spill their secrets and they know that if they get out of the Church, those secrets will be used against them to destroy their careers and their lives.

Scientology also has a cult mentality of the "us vs them" ( kind of like Mormons ). Once you join, they will instruct and HEAVILY encourage you to either convert all your friends and family OR to sever all ties to non-scientologists.

And once you get deeper into the cult, then it gets stupider with the whole aliens and Xenu bullshit. But at the base, it's just a cult meant to prey on people who are weak, depressed and who are looking to better their lives through a Tony Robbins-esque self-motivation process and through creating bonds with other humans.

Once they sink their teeths into you, that's it. You're done. they will ask for all your time and money and will NOT let you leave. They learn techniques to avoid talking to people in actual conversations. You can see it in the second video. They are instructed to always look into the person's eyes, always talk into their face and shift the conversation to problems the OTHER person has instead of discussing anything pertaining to scientology.
So if I said to a scientologist he was a dumbass, he'd confront me by trying to figure out if I'm a rapist and by staring right into my face to try and intimidate me.

And when that doesn't work, they threaten violence and have been known to carry out on it. They will go after you, your family and your career and they are not afraid to sue anyone who badmouths them.

Basically, stay as far away from these assholes as possible.

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to scientology Sep. 11th, 2009 @ 10:34 PM Reply

*sigh*
Scientology got one of my friends. He buys their books every other while, and they're soooooo expensive and he's basically in debt to them.

They basically do bullshit things that's basically what psychologists would do.
except-- with a psychologist, you got a licensed doctor-- and with a scientoligist, you got a person telling you to grab two peach cans with a string and telling you that you got bad "thetans" (alien ghost spirits.)

Basically-- they try to help you find happiness, and happiness comes from learning how to communicate people and removing things that bum you out.

They sell books that supposedly teach you how to communicate, but they're sooooo badly written and uses their own terms ("talk" is some word like "comp-o-n-u" although, I made that word up... but to illustrate what I meant...) and things like that.

They believe the negative things come from these ghost alien spirits in your body and cause you unhappiness, and so you got to grow out of them. And the higher level you are, the less (or more?) of these ghost alien things you have in your bodies.

And to be on a higher level... you need money. You need money to buy the next level.
Notice how really rich people are high levels like Trevolta and Cruise...

Whatever you do--
avoid them at high costs.

I'm atheist, but I recommend any form of christianity or other religion. At least they're free (most of them.)

Heck... you can get Catholic Charities to help you if you're in need... not scientologists. You got to pay or work your way.

Giijo
Giijo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to scientology Sep. 12th, 2009 @ 05:29 AM Reply

Scientology is the one true science, and anyone who speaks out against it is just trying to hide their crimes. Anyone who hates Scientology is just trying to trick you into staying miserable.

Dominickaos
Dominickaos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to scientology Sep. 12th, 2009 @ 09:13 AM Reply

More like who gives a shit, like all fucking religions its a crock of bs.

ohbombuh
ohbombuh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to scientology Sep. 12th, 2009 @ 10:14 AM Reply

At 9/12/09 05:29 AM, Giijo wrote: Scientology is the one true science, and anyone who speaks out against it is just trying to hide their crimes. Anyone who hates Scientology is just trying to trick you into staying miserable.

If it's the one true science, why would so many credited scientists label it with astrology and other nonsciences?(Answer: Real science is a tentative answer, and can be proved false. It is NOT asserted to be true when there's overwhelming evidence against it.) What crimes? What does scientology have to do with crime? Some have even suggested that it itself is a criminal group formed to evade taxes and harass the IRS. How will Scientology make you happy if you're miserable with another religion? Many of its converts have gotten nothing but negative media attention. It has few members, so it certainly won't bring you a large amount of acceptance. And besides that, don't different things make different people happy? Maybe one person would want acceptance while another wants wealth and earthly power.

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to scientology Sep. 12th, 2009 @ 11:24 AM Reply

I wouldn't be a Scientologist because L. Ron Hubbard (founder) himself said making a religion would be a good way to make money. His son even said that most of what his father said about himself wasn't true. Not to mention he died of drugs which the chuch is against.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

ReiperX
ReiperX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to scientology Sep. 12th, 2009 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 9/12/09 09:13 AM, Dominickaos wrote: More like who gives a shit, like all fucking religions its a crock of bs.

And people wonder why Atheists have a bad rep and people want to not have a conversation with them.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to scientology Sep. 12th, 2009 @ 04:12 PM Reply

At 9/12/09 02:45 PM, ReiperX wrote:
At 9/12/09 09:13 AM, Dominickaos wrote: More like who gives a shit, like all fucking religions its a crock of bs.
And people wonder why Atheists have a bad rep and people want to not have a conversation with them.

;;;
I left both quotes up...but I'm actually only replying to ReiperX

God has absolutely NOTHING to do with religion.

Religion has even less to do with GOD than GOD has to do with religion.
That's what's confusing you ! ! ! Every religion on this planet every single one is about "their view " on how to behave , their rules, their point of view ,in order for you to be considered a good person & possibly be taken to heaven,nirvana,paradise etc. & be with god.
NOTE <> I am not refering to Buddism as an actual religion...simply because they have no GOD in their views.
.... I guess, I just demoted them to a cult...sorry...best thing about Buddhists, is they won't mind :)

We created god in our image.
We gave god, human emotions & with it loving as well as vindictive behaviour .
We decided God would be perfect & we would be in need of his help
We decided that his help would also require 'guidence' & so there were the chosen ones, the keepers of god's word's & knowledge & they would work to keep our knowledge of this god unchanging.
Which created a small problem of paying those who would guide us !
So it was decided by those who would help us, that they would tax us...sorry I mean tithe us for this fabulous service.
Which allowed them to acquire vast fortunes tax free over the years....which was of course only for the 'Glory of God !!!

Please excuse me if i seem over critical of religions as a whole .

Please, while I agree that religions 'views' on god are relevant in argument about religious differences & or athiests views etc. Seeing as God has never appeared to a large enough group of persons. Any views, ideas, dogma, {secondhand aka heresay , is no good as actual evidence - IMO and every court in North America as well} that is put out by these religious groups is actually just 'fiction'

But that in no way...again IMO ...takes away from the possiblility there could be a god(s) .
Lack of proof of something doesn't mean it can't actually still be the correct answer.
Just because religions don't have the answer...& any answers they do have are IMO pathetic at best.

Changes nothing if God is an unknowable omniputent being ;)

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

ThePretenders
ThePretenders
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to scientology Sep. 12th, 2009 @ 04:36 PM Reply

Watch Scientology and Me by John Sweeney for further information.

Scientology is a nefarious cult that makes people depart their money and time and destroys familial bonds. They believe that Xenu brought humans to the earth 75 million years ago.

L. Ron Hubbard admitted that his cult is BS.

"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion."

BBS Signature
ReiperX
ReiperX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to scientology Sep. 12th, 2009 @ 08:59 PM Reply

At 9/12/09 04:12 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
At 9/12/09 02:45 PM, ReiperX wrote:
;;;
I left both quotes up...but I'm actually only replying to ReiperX

God has absolutely NOTHING to do with religion.
Religion has even less to do with GOD than GOD has to do with religion.

For many believers, God has everything to do with religion. To many, God is their sign of hope, God is their Savior, God is their past, present and future.

That's what's confusing you ! ! ! Every religion on this planet every single one is about "their view " on how to behave , their rules, their point of view ,in order for you to be considered a good person & possibly be taken to heaven,nirvana,paradise etc. & be with god.

Because many religious individuals believe that this is what needs to be done to be with God. There are some religious people who honestly do it out of fear of going to Hell, or are totally brainwashed into believing something. But there are others because they want to see something more, and want to be with God. And not all of these people (actually I'd say most of them) don't really try to force it down other people's throats. Those that do, are extremely annoying, in fact just as annoying as many Athiests who try to push it down everyone else's throats that there is no God, and all religious are a crock of shit and you are stupid for believing in your religion.

The truth is, those types of people on both sides do a serious discredit to their beliefs (either religious or athiest).

NOTE <> I am not refering to Buddism as an actual religion...simply because they have no GOD in their views.
.... I guess, I just demoted them to a cult...sorry...best thing about Buddhists, is they won't mind :)

And these are your beliefs, your opinion. And they are not undeniable fact unfortunately.

We decided that his help would also require 'guidence' & so there were the chosen ones, the keepers of god's word's & knowledge & they would work to keep our knowledge of this god unchanging.
Which created a small problem of paying those who would guide us !
So it was decided by those who would help us, that they would tax us...sorry I mean tithe us for this fabulous service.
Which allowed them to acquire vast fortunes tax free over the years....which was of course only for the 'Glory of God !!!

Does this cover "all" religions? I can tell you for fact that it is no, especially with the people who are collecting vast fortunes tax free. My old preacher for example, almost all of the money from the tithes go to charity or back into the community. They live in a small house with their kids. They provide for their children but they are definitely not well off.

Please excuse me if i seem over critical of religions as a whole .

Please, while I agree that religions 'views' on god are relevant in argument about religious differences & or athiests views etc. Seeing as God has never appeared to a large enough group of persons. Any views, ideas, dogma, {secondhand aka heresay , is no good as actual evidence - IMO and every court in North America as well} that is put out by these religious groups is actually just 'fiction'

But that in no way...again IMO ...takes away from the possiblility there could be a god(s) .
Lack of proof of something doesn't mean it can't actually still be the correct answer.
Just because religions don't have the answer...& any answers they do have are IMO pathetic at best.

Changes nothing if God is an unknowable omniputent being ;)

Or of course, God could have sent his son to die for our sins on Earth, and the Bible could be the true word of God, or at least our interpretation of God's word. We don't know for sure, or at least it's not provable either way.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to scientology Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 03:55 PM Reply

At 9/12/09 08:59 PM, ReiperX wrote:
At 9/12/09 04:12 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
And these are your beliefs, your opinion. And they are not undeniable fact unfortunately.

;;;
Actually, there is proof that we (mankind) created God in our image. It is clearly written in the bible...God created man in his image.
God didn't write this...everyone knows God didn't write the bible...neither did god's supposed son Jesus...he didn't write it either.
Men wrote it so & a man wrote that "God created man in his image"

That's all the proof I need that man decided that we were created in gods image...so this is a manmade asumption.
a person(s) decided this , helps sell god to the unwashed . Which is why the ancient greeks had human aspects of their various god's along with very human emotions & faults.

If you look at ancient religions, Hinduism etc. God doesn't look like man.
IF you think about it, having god appear to look like a human, makes it easier for those who refuse to think for themselves, to obey persons in charge of the faith, who are godly persons.
( I personally think its just all part of any religious groups smoke 7 mirrors tricks to keep the masses in line.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

This-is-Eskimoe
This-is-Eskimoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to scientology Sep. 18th, 2009 @ 12:30 PM Reply

I find it too hard to completely disregard the idea that there is no God, but I find it harder to stand there and say "This is right, ask no questions. OBEY!".
I guess what I'm saying is I'm an agnostic, and I have to say, life makes just as much sense as it ever has or ever will. It's complicated.
However, I am fully against charging bogus prices to reach "enlightenment". The "Church" of Scientology is an obvious scam. The people who get sucked into it are looking in the wrong place for answers, and unfortunately overtime become shells of their fromer selves (have you seen these people, it's heartbreaking).
Bottom line: Religion, like all things, is good in moderation. Scams, and I hope you all agree with me here, are cruel. And people involved in Scientology are blinded by either Greed or Fear of the unknown.

Assios
Assios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to scientology Sep. 19th, 2009 @ 05:28 PM Reply

Obviously this is a scam on a global scale, but do you guys think the celebrities like Tom Cruise and John Travolta really believe in it? I mean, they do of course earn a shitload of money for supporting Scientology, but why would they do this just to earn money? They are not in need of money, so why destroy their reputation completely?

So, what do you think?

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to scientology Sep. 19th, 2009 @ 05:55 PM Reply

At 9/19/09 05:28 PM, GlowingMonkey wrote: Obviously this is a scam on a global scale, but do you guys think the celebrities like Tom Cruise and John Travolta really believe in it?

hmmm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezlClilZJ Sw

BBS Signature
prowlie2
prowlie2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to scientology Sep. 19th, 2009 @ 06:34 PM Reply

watch the episode of south park when the plot is based around there pathetic religion it's really quite unbiased and it's fucking hilarious

prowlie2
prowlie2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to scientology Sep. 19th, 2009 @ 06:37 PM Reply

if you don't get your friend out of that cult now you are not trying hard enough!!! you have to be fairly stupid to fall for it in the first place but cummon a lil common sense how fucking gullible is the world these days

prowlie2
prowlie2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to scientology Sep. 19th, 2009 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 9/12/09 05:29 AM, Giijo wrote: Scientology is the one true science, and anyone who speaks out against it is just trying to hide their crimes. Anyone who hates Scientology is just trying to trick you into staying miserable.

i hope to "god" your taking the piss lmao