00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game 3 music needed

36,402 Views | 290 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-02-04 16:50:38

I've already submitted my "portfolio" a few months ago on the Behemoth music submissions page, but I'll post my new song and put it here, as well as a couple others I've made.

No matter what, I'm getting this game when it comes out though lol. It'd be so much cooler if I could hear my stuff in it though.

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-02-06 18:58:43

At 1/26/11 04:04 PM, KevinbenjaminClassic wrote: Music : Copyright 2011 KevinBenjaminclassic

You do know that you automatically forfeited your copyright by posting it on NewGrounds, don't you? By releasing it on NG, you've accepted a Creative Commons license -- anyone can use your music free for non-commercial purposes, build upon it, and re-release it. And once you've signed away your exclusive copyright (which you have done), you can never get them back.

Finally, I bet you didn't even register with the US (or whatever country you're living in) Copyright Office. Which means that you don't actually have any documentation that could stand up in Court should a copyright dispute arise.

I love it when people who know nothing about copyright law think that Creative Commons is actually a legal copyright.

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-02-12 12:25:12

I thought I had posted this up here, but looking through the thread it seems like I haven't. Out of all the songs I recommended this is probably the most suitable one as well :P

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-02-13 11:21:01

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-02-13 11:22:09

Wow it must be really hard to decide, cuz there are so many great artists in the AP.

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-03 23:30:15

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-04 08:23:40

silent, listen...

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-06 12:29:13

;) Orchestral Breakbeat with a nice melody, would fit in a videogame.

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-08 08:10:41

silent, listen...

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-16 18:33:54

Here is a new song that I think may fit somewhere in the game. Sorry for the third post, but I don't know of a way to edit my original and I'd like you guys to have a wide variety of songs to choose from. I can't wait for the game!

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-17 03:18:06

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-17 16:42:57

At 3/17/11 04:24 AM, 2dpolygon wrote: (hope it's good enough =S)

Hopefully one of your songs gets picked! I'll be rooting for you. I didn't listen to them all but it's obvious they're good.

I'm still hoping one of mine can get in haha but I'm pretty sure I'll be just as excited for the game if none of mine do.

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-19 15:28:43

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-23 14:28:50

looling at this thread for being nearly 2 years old

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-23 19:08:44

Yep, i send a PM to DanPaladin he and his group of developers still check this thread!!

Also sorry for posting the same song twice i ment to post this one!

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-23 19:27:41

Just a whole bunch of stuff that I thought could be used for cutscenes, background music, or boss battles

Check me out on: Soundcloud l Twitter | Facebook

Newest song: GHOSTS

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-24 12:46:43

When Tom gets F***ing BORED! Please Listen :P

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-24 22:47:30

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-25 00:25:56

Hey Dan, Tom, and the Behemoth team. If you're looking for something a little spacey for an end credit, or perhaps cinematic, try this on for size. Maybe even for a solemn/sad level as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-27 15:42:11

we've been looking at all of these!

it seems we're somewhat heavy on songs that are the techno/dance style, which is probably the least fitting genre for the game, sadly, but will still have a place. electronic music is still wanted in some degree to the mix, but probably shouldn't be the heaviest element. does anyone have anything to balance it all out with maybe an organ and washboard band, or a guitar strum with a whistle or something? xylophones, shakers, bongos, etc, any "real" instruments would work very well.

we're going through every single song, trying to find a good mix for everything. thanks for all the submissions, keep them coming!

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-27 16:08:01

At 3/27/11 03:42 PM, DanPaladin wrote: does anyone have anything to balance it all out with maybe an organ and washboard band, or a guitar strum with a whistle or something? xylophones, shakers, bongos, etc, any "real" instruments would work very well.

Real guitar:

Real guitar and some synths:

Classical instruments and electronica mixed:

Classical instruments, some electronica stuff, and the title is a Monty Python reference :)

Classical instruments, piano, choir voices, and...a reese bass O.o:

Do any of these work? :3

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-27 17:19:21

Well, figure I might as well throw some stuff in...and you're looking for real instruments. Well, hmmm...wonder if orchestral stuff with chiptunes would work. lol

Anyway, have a look. :)

'Tis a Mystery
(orchestral, kinda Elfman like)

Unknown Path (more upbeat, stronger melody)

Forest of Life (tried to take influence from Nobuo Uematsu/Yasunori Mitsuda)

I Went Home Empty Handed (more emotional type piece, with flutes, ethnic percussion, and marimba!)

and the last piece I can't really put on Newgrounds right at this moment, since I've already uploaded two today, so...I'll just leave a Dropbox link:
Terror and Relief

Thanks for listening. :)

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-28 00:57:11

At 3/27/11 03:42 PM, DanPaladin wrote: we've been looking at all of these!

it seems we're somewhat heavy on songs that are the techno/dance style, which is probably the least fitting genre for the game, sadly, but will still have a place. electronic music is still wanted in some degree to the mix, but probably shouldn't be the heaviest element. does anyone have anything to balance it all out with maybe an organ and washboard band, or a guitar strum with a whistle or something? xylophones, shakers, bongos, etc, any "real" instruments would work very well.

we're going through every single song, trying to find a good mix for everything. thanks for all the submissions, keep them coming!

would happier music or sadder songs be more appropriate? and if you could, can you post some tracks by other artists that fit the idea of what your going for because people are just kind of throwing things out there at random, thanks for the extra details it really narrows it down but i think everyone would appreciate some sound examples or specific scenarios

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-28 01:52:26

is it cool for video game music really different

Response to Game 3 music needed 2011-03-28 01:53:01

At 3/28/11 01:52 AM, sugarsimon wrote: is it cool for video game music really different

From now on I'm following you around with the task of deciphering what you're trying to say.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat