00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kekiiro just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why you shouldn't join the military

5,810 Views | 22 Replies

Look at some of the clips on this website. (NSFW, you need to make an account first.) Some of these videos are just plain fucking shocking. Not entirely the killing aspect though, just that they can take a life with such ease and even take enjoyment in ending a life. It's fucking appalling. (you might have to look through the media tab to find some noteworthy clips but once you do it's fucked up). What do you think about the sadists in our military who join simply to kill someone and this website in general?

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 12:42:31

In my opinion, I love it when people join the military, because that means I don't have to.

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 12:44:17

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

The minority of sociopaths in the military is far and few.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 12:44:38

At 9/5/09 12:40 PM, GiantDouche wrote: you do it's fucked up). What do you think about the sadists in our military who join simply to kill someone and this website in general?

theres nothing wrong with killing, killing= population control

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 12:45:12

Where your point fails is where you assume that everyone in the military goes into an active killing job. My friend who's joining the Marine Corps actually had to fight to become infantry, as they wanted him on intel or something of the sort.

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 12:45:44

I live in Finland, and they are going to force me to join the military when i am old enough, the other options are going to jail or going to civil service to clean the excrements of elderly people.
It doesn't really matter though because its unlikely that this country will go to war with anyone.

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 12:52:20

At 9/5/09 12:45 PM, KingPanther13 wrote: Where your point fails is where you assume that everyone in the military goes into an active killing job. My friend who's joining the Marine Corps actually had to fight to become infantry, as they wanted him on intel or something of the sort.

Fair enough. Okay let's say active duty. And many of the people in active duty aren't sociopaths, but those who enjoy it definitely are to an extent. I have a friend who's in the military and he tells me that there are an abundance of sick fucks just like those in these videos who take so much enjoyment out of killing that it's disturbing.

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 12:53:29

At 9/5/09 12:49 PM, Crayzorder wrote:
At 9/5/09 12:44 PM, pieplane wrote: theres nothing wrong with killing, killing= population control
You should be the next one, I mean, it is for a good cause amirite?

Yeah, please go join the military when you become old enough.

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 12:57:01

You're just mad because they didn't accept you into the army.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 13:09:35

At 9/5/09 12:52 PM, GiantDouche wrote:
At 9/5/09 12:45 PM, KingPanther13 wrote: Where your point fails is where you assume that everyone in the military goes into an active killing job. My friend who's joining the Marine Corps actually had to fight to become infantry, as they wanted him on intel or something of the sort.
Fair enough. Okay let's say active duty. And many of the people in active duty aren't sociopaths, but those who enjoy it definitely are to an extent. I have a friend who's in the military and he tells me that there are an abundance of sick fucks just like those in these videos who take so much enjoyment out of killing that it's disturbing.

Active Duty doesn't mean you're actively out there, killing people. It just means that military is a full-time job for you. The only time you'd be actively killing, i.e. going out and seeking to kill, or guarding something like military police, or infantry, or recon, spec ops, etc is if your job is to do that. Those jobs only make up about 10% of the military (off the top of my head). Active duty just means you're working every day on base, and getting deployed once or twice a year (and it isn't always Iraq, or even out of the USA for that matter.).

Not to be rude, but try and look up some of these terms before posting the point. Yeah, some sick fucks do join infantry just to kill, yeah some people join infantry wanting to be big and bad, and end up turning into sociopaths, but that doesn't mean joining the military gets this. If you join, you have a choice over what job you want to get, and if they give you an active killing job, you have the right to deny it, and request something else. When you join the delayed entry program (first step to joining the military) you are the one who makes a list of jobs you'd like, not them. If they give you something you don't like, or try shipping you out before you'd like to ship out, and they won't give you a different job/ship date, you have the right to leave. The only time it actually becomes locked in is when you hit basic training.

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 14:11:11

Enjoy having a free ticket to freedom and sleeping peacefully every night while people risk their lives for people like you every day for little to no gratitude and shitty pay.

This only motivates me to join, the thread at least.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 14:20:05

At 9/5/09 12:58 PM, Techno wrote: Protecting your country from people who wish to kill kids/women/dads/moms/grandparents and practically everyone isn't good?

No. Killing people for the sake of killing isn't good.

Without the military, we wouldn't be what we are today. We would be Britain's bitch. Now, i don't see how those videos make someone not want to join the military, in fact it is quite awesome the technology showed in those videos.

Well then it was necessary. Is the war in Iraq necessary? No. Not at all. We're not defending our own freedoms. We're just using the plight of a people as an excuse for getting oil.

I don't think that people realize that these clips do go both ways. We kill them, they kill us. What the fuck did we accomplish? More mindless acts of violence aren't going to make the world or our country a better place to live in.

Maybe because you or someone else is too scared to defend your country, doesn't mean you tell others not to join, people will do as they wish.

Scared? No. I don't see how putting a bullet in someone's face is defending my country. I don't see the need to take anyone's life, regardless of the crime they committed. If you're going for punishment then jail works just fine. They can't hurt anyone and they serve a fate much worse than death.

Join if you must but i will still think that the military needs to focus more on peaceful strategies that minimize casualties.

Essentially, I can understand if someone kills in the heat of passion and anger but to do it in completely sensibility and even derive some form of enjoyment from it just sickens me. And sadly many of those in active duty are doing so.

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 14:23:46

A few months ago I was thinking about joining the military with an interest in becoming a submariner. I think this thread killed the last of the lingering ideas I had about that.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 14:24:33

I'm already desensitized and angry.
Might as well have the gun too.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 14:30:44

At 9/5/09 02:23 PM, Sidorio wrote: A few months ago I was thinking about joining the military with an interest in becoming a submariner. I think this thread killed the last of the lingering ideas I had about that.

Mission accompished!

Why you shouldn't join the military

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 15:04:36

At 9/5/09 12:45 PM, DeIirium wrote: I live in Finland, and they are going to force me to join the military when i am old enough,

Do remember that the conscription DOES take your medical condition into account. If you´re chronically ill, chances are you´ll be C classed and will never hear from the authorities again.

the other options are going to jail or going to civil service to clean the excrements of elderly people.

You DO know you can choose where you will perform your civic duty period, don´t you? As long as there´s some semblance of societal gain from your period of civic duty-doing, you can choose pretty much any place to work at.

Take me for example. I secured a spot for myself at the municipalitys church, and my buddy chose to work at an elementary school.

It´s quite free, really. And it´s a common misconception that civic duty involves working a shitty job, stuff like that just doesn´t happen as much as one would like to believe.

It doesn't really matter though because its unlikely that this country will go to war with anyone.

Yeah, well, unless Finland joins NATO (a foggy subject in Finlands foreign politics) or you find yourself in the ISAF or some other international task force (unlikely, at best), you´ll probably stay at home, safe and sound.

Zephiran: Maintaining grammatical correctness while displaying astonishing levels of immaturity.

I was gonna clean my room.

But then I got pie.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 15:19:43

If I was to join any branch of the millitary, Id go with the Air Force so I could destroy from a distance

BBS Signature

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 16:07:18

At 9/5/09 12:45 PM, DeIirium wrote: I live in Finland, and they are going to force me to join the military when i am old enough, the other options are going to jail or going to civil service to clean the excrements of elderly people.

Cleaning excrements doesn't sound too bad. at least you're unlikely to die cleaning shite

Whereas with bullets...

"So... I heard your mum puts out"

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 16:07:57

Thats a sweet website thanks for showing me.

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 16:15:58

At 9/5/09 02:23 PM, Sidorio wrote: A few months ago I was thinking about joining the military with an interest in becoming a submariner. I think this thread killed the last of the lingering ideas I had about that.

If you became a squid, you'd barely even see land, let alone get the chance to shoot at someone. Navy basic teaches you how to use mossbergs and pistols, but that's it. You don't even have to qualify with them after basic, unless they changed it.

At 9/5/09 03:19 PM, PuRpLe-KusH wrote: If I was to join any branch of the millitary, Id go with the Air Force so I could destroy from a distance

Not all USAF jobs are kill from a distance, or even kill at all. Unless you wanted to kill, then that's your choice...but the USAF does have land jobs (ala Security Forces, EOD, Pararescue) that are pretty crazy too.

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 16:16:04

I have Cousins who are in the Marines and they've been to the middle east. Whenever I speak to them they hardly ever want to talk about their experiences there. They were there for a year or two and now they want out.

I guess it just affects people differently.

I love them for their bravery though

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 16:21:34

I always thought the military was a waste of time. I know countires need troops, but what's the fucking point in signing up, doing rigorous body wracking exercise and getting yelled at by some asshole drill sergeant for a year?

After all of that, you get to go walk around with a gun in your hand. Rarely will you ever see any fight. I wouldn't want to fight in a war anyway. The military just isn't for me.

Response to Why you shouldn't join the military 2009-09-05 16:43:35

Why you shouldn't join the military:
1. You'll die because of bush.

BBS Signature