00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Portal Compilations

508 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio Portal Compilations 2009-09-04 11:21:03

SUGGESTION:
Firstly, we need support for Audio Collaborations, but people know that already. What would be REALLY cool is if Newgrounds released a CD each year compiling the AP's best songs. There could be competitions to design the cover and stuff and all these artists would compete -- or collaborate -- to get on it. 'Twould be really good.

The main problem at the moment is that the AP is full of shit, and there's only a few good songs here and there, so it would be hard to find nominees -- UNLESS they finally integrate "Sort by downloads". There would still be some good stuff nobody's noticed buried down somewhere, but a CD would be really helpful to people who don't want to waste hours filtering through the songs in the Portal.

I personally think the standards are too low in the Audio Portal. As it was created to provide free loops and such for Flash authors to use, it didn't really encourage a lot of professional music. Most people just get a hold of a program like FL or Acid, and submit the first crappy loop they make. Not cool.

Anyway, who's with me on this idea? :D

Response to Audio Portal Compilations 2009-09-04 12:07:46

At 9/4/09 11:21 AM, blackduckie wrote: SUGGESTION:
Firstly, we need support for Audio Collaborations, but people know that already. What would be REALLY cool is if Newgrounds released a CD each year compiling the AP's best songs. There could be competitions to design the cover and stuff and all these artists would compete -- or collaborate -- to get on it. 'Twould be really good.

What's the point of buying the CD when you can download the songs and burn them yourself?

The main problem at the moment is that the AP is full of shit, and there's only a few good songs here and there, so it would be hard to find nominees -- UNLESS they finally integrate "Sort by downloads". There would still be some good stuff nobody's noticed buried down somewhere, but a CD would be really helpful to people who don't want to waste hours filtering through the songs in the Portal.

There are always the front page posts Tom makes that can get some audio submissions some recognition...

I personally think the standards are too low in the Audio Portal. As it was created to provide free loops and such for Flash authors to use, it didn't really encourage a lot of professional music. Most people just get a hold of a program like FL or Acid, and submit the first crappy loop they make. Not cool.

Anyway, who's with me on this idea? :D

Your idea has some good points and negative points. May I suggest you try submitting your idea here: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/9731 38 where an admin reads over ideas submitted there.