Be a Supporter!

Doubles Showdown 7

  • 6,610 Views
  • 192 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Captain
Captain
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 16
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 14th, 2009 @ 03:00 AM Reply

At 9/14/09 02:30 AM, LegolaSS wrote: Your going down captin! *bouw... bouwbouw... ZZZUuuuhhh*

Captain-Ben uses level 7 photon shield

prepares plasma cannons

primed

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Fatchaos
Fatchaos
  • Member since: Oct. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 14th, 2009 @ 03:57 AM Reply

At 9/13/09 05:28 PM, Lundsfryd wrote:
At 9/13/09 04:48 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: It's funny how me and Fatchaos are kinda being friendly, working on our thing, giving each other feedback, but at the same time we hate each other and constantly insult one another.
Reminds me of something..

I lol'd.

But yeah, I guess that's the case ^^
And believe me, my friendliness might only last as long as this project... >;)


Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.
My art thread, starting from pg 18
See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 53
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 14th, 2009 @ 03:57 AM Reply

At 9/14/09 03:00 AM, Captain-Ben wrote:
primed

LegolaSS uses item - Art fourm doubles buddy

equip human shield...

acition: brace for artistic impact

staying on topic... honest :P

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 14th, 2009 @ 08:30 AM Reply

i just got wip from rhunyc so weve got progress and it looks good

yay

theres 13 teams but no one is posting updates here apart from the battle of egos above this post

lol
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 14th, 2009 @ 09:27 AM Reply

Crazerfish is definitely crazy. We only have a weekend to work on it, yet he has a ridiculously oversized idea to complete. I personally don't think we can pull it off.

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Member since: Oct. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 14th, 2009 @ 09:41 AM Reply

At 9/14/09 08:30 AM, ashman112 wrote: i just got wip from rhunyc so weve got progress and it looks good
yay
theres 13 teams but no one is posting updates here apart from the battle of egos above this post
lol

Helllz yea son. We's gonna take the cake fo' shoooooo.

naw, judging on some of the teams, I think we'll stand a fair chance. :) Just never underestimate the competition, lol...

Sorry my post isn't exactly great, but seeing Cpt. Ben talking about lasers, I thought I could throw this in with little-to-no flack. ;D

Weeeee competitions!


"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 53
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 14th, 2009 @ 10:38 AM Reply

At 9/14/09 03:57 AM, LegolaSS wrote: LegolaSS uses item - Art fourm doubles buddy

i didnt really use him/her as a shield... havent got a pm back from Little Eise yet... il wait another 12 hours O.o

that pile of burnt ash has nothing to do with me... or Little Eise.. honest

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 16
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 14th, 2009 @ 11:00 AM Reply

At 9/14/09 09:41 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Sorry my post isn't exactly great, but seeing Cpt. Ben talking about lasers, I thought I could throw this in with little-to-no flack. ;D

THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

At 9/14/09 03:57 AM, LegolaSS wrote: equip human shield...

You're going to need more shields

Doubles Showdown 7


Look at my art!

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 53
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 14th, 2009 @ 11:42 AM Reply

At 9/14/09 11:00 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: You're going to need more shields

... what do your lamo-eyeSS see legolaSS?

ok il go back on topic now :3

Doubles Showdown 7


BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Member since: Oct. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 14th, 2009 @ 12:09 PM Reply

At 9/14/09 11:00 AM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 9/14/09 09:41 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Sorry my post isn't exactly great, but seeing Cpt. Ben talking about lasers, I thought I could throw this in with little-to-no flack. ;D
THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

At 9/14/09 03:57 AM, LegolaSS wrote: equip human shield...
You're going to need more shields

I guess you really were serious! >:

Gotta get mine going too!

Doubles Showdown 7


"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Havayosunu
Havayosunu
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 14th, 2009 @ 12:17 PM Reply

count me in, if there s room left :)


my furry stuff.

BBS Signature
Havayosunu
Havayosunu
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 14th, 2009 @ 12:18 PM Reply


At 9/14/09 03:57 AM, LegolaSS wrote: equip human shield...
You're going to need more shields
I guess you really were serious! >:

Gotta get mine going too!

lulz great


my furry stuff.

BBS Signature
Re2deemer
Re2deemer
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 14th, 2009 @ 12:41 PM Reply

At 9/14/09 12:17 PM, Havayosunu wrote: count me in, if there s room left :)

Uh-oh....

At 9/7/09 12:37 AM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Alrighty, folks!
No more entrants!

BBS Signature
Little-Eise
Little-Eise
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 14th, 2009 @ 10:01 PM Reply

At 9/14/09 10:38 AM, LegolaSS wrote: i didnt really use him/her as a shield... havent got a pm back from Little Eise yet... il wait another 12 hours O.o

Don't worry, I sent you a pm.

Damn, it's been a long ass day.

.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 53
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 15th, 2009 @ 02:23 AM Reply

At 9/14/09 10:01 PM, Little-Eise wrote: Don't worry, I sent you a pm.

i have active buddy!!!... now im sure to do better :3


BBS Signature
AwesomeSaurus
AwesomeSaurus
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 17th, 2009 @ 03:38 PM Reply

Hey Hey everyone, hows about a little check-in to see how you are doing? Current Deadline is this sunday, but methinks there might be an extension if anyone else is feeling it.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 17th, 2009 @ 03:45 PM Reply

ngmastah and I haven't been doing the best job of communicating... even when we do communicate, we don't! lawl!! As far as I know, we have nothing yet! lmao!! GO TEAM!!

FAIL!!
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 17th, 2009 @ 03:46 PM Reply

At 9/17/09 03:38 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Hey Hey everyone, hows about a little check-in to see how you are doing? Current Deadline is this sunday, but methinks there might be an extension if anyone else is feeling it.

Oh were making progress all right! and how!
Extension not really necessary for us I think...


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 17th, 2009 @ 03:52 PM Reply

At 9/17/09 03:46 PM, J-qb wrote: Extension not really necessary for us I think...

show off ;P

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 17th, 2009 @ 04:01 PM Reply

At 9/17/09 03:52 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 9/17/09 03:46 PM, J-qb wrote: Extension not really necessary for us I think...
show off ;P

well, I remember last time around you had no problems meeting deadlines ;p


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 16
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 17th, 2009 @ 04:40 PM Reply

At 9/17/09 03:38 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Current Deadline is this sunday, but methinks there might be an extension if anyone else is feeling it.

Might need a small extension, depends on if I get my part done tonight. With all fairness we lost a few days due to the repool.

We do have progress though! Decided yesterday on what we're going to do, started sketching last night!


Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 17th, 2009 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 9/17/09 04:01 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 9/17/09 03:52 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 9/17/09 03:46 PM, J-qb wrote: Extension not really necessary for us I think...
show off ;P
well, I remember last time around you had no problems meeting deadlines ;p

ooh burn
ours should be finished by tomorrow lol
makes a difference, i actually met a deadline

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 17th, 2009 @ 04:45 PM Reply

At 9/17/09 04:41 PM, ashman112 wrote:
At 9/17/09 04:01 PM, J-qb wrote: well, I remember last time around you had no problems meeting deadlines ;p
ooh burn

nah, just kidding, I know ren can take it.
But I do have to say, it feels good to be able to just take my (/our) time on a project without constantly worrying about the deadline...
But above all I just want everyone to have a good time, and be proud of the work they made. If that means poeple need an extension, Im all for it.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 17th, 2009 @ 04:49 PM Reply

At 9/17/09 04:45 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 9/17/09 04:41 PM, ashman112 wrote:
At 9/17/09 04:01 PM, J-qb wrote: well, I remember last time around you had no problems meeting deadlines ;p
ooh burn
nah, just kidding, I know ren can take it.
But I do have to say, it feels good to be able to just take my (/our) time on a project without constantly worrying about the deadline...
But above all I just want everyone to have a good time, and be proud of the work they made. If that means poeple need an extension, Im all for it.

yh extentions fine i got lineart last weekend so i been working on it slowly
just tell us when to submit them if you give an extention dont want to submit it early

MeMB
MeMB
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 17th, 2009 @ 06:56 PM Reply

Extension sounds great if you ask me. My computer is b0rking up on me, and I really don't want to leave Zanroth hanging.


BBS Signature
Zanroth
Zanroth
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 18th, 2009 @ 01:26 PM Reply

At 9/17/09 06:56 PM, MeMB wrote: Extension sounds great if you ask me. My computer is b0rking up on me, and I really don't want to leave Zanroth hanging.

My laptop decided to stop working, and I've replaced it with one of those Compaq mini models.
Also, my hotmail account decided it could change it's password, so I've had to resort to my backup account until I can get it working properly again.

In short, that extension would be MOST welcome.

Fatchaos
Fatchaos
  • Member since: Oct. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 18th, 2009 @ 02:12 PM Reply

At 9/18/09 01:44 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Say is the doubles showdown usually a monthly sort of thing?

I'd rather give people extensions on the time rather than look at 2 - 3 pieces that makes it on time.
Sure, deadlines are for a REASON, but it's not like there are any lives at stake...

I mean... Right?


Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.
My art thread, starting from pg 18
See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 18th, 2009 @ 02:22 PM Reply

Darn Kweaks. He hasnt been on at all, except once or twice, and that hasn't been for awhile.

WEALP. There's always next time!


I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
Fatchaos
Fatchaos
  • Member since: Oct. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 18th, 2009 @ 09:14 PM Reply

At 9/18/09 02:25 PM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 9/18/09 02:12 PM, Fatchaos wrote:
At 9/18/09 01:44 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Say is the doubles showdown usually a monthly sort of thing?
I'd rather give people extensions on the time rather than look at 2 - 3 pieces that makes it on time.
Sure, deadlines are for a REASON, but it's not like there are any lives at stake...

I mean... Right?
Well Of course something's are worth the wait even after a few delays it gives it more time to be developed.I don't see why anyone would die just to see there the finalization. Are you still doing service in the military?

Truly. And naah, no1 takes this that seriously...
If they do, they should seek help. Naow!

And no, I was relieved from active duty 2nd January 2009. One of the best days I've ever had.


Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.
My art thread, starting from pg 18
See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature
AwesomeSaurus
AwesomeSaurus
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 7 Sep. 18th, 2009 @ 09:19 PM Reply

Alrighty! Extension it is then! Thursday the 24th at 11:59 PM US Eastern Time! Gives enough time, and that will be the day Doubles 8 sign up starts. I hope everyone can pull some stuff together by then!