Alrighty, folks! With the closing of Doubles 6, it is time for yet another showdown to begin. I must request that YOU READ ALL THE RULES THAT ARE TO FOLLOW!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Number 1 ultimate rule:
- This is because you are not alone in your participation, but you must think that without you, your partner is sure to fail. This is unfair to them if you end up crapping out. The set 2 week time limit is generous enough that you can complete a piece, even if you live in separate time zones.
2 - All entrants will be screened. Thats right! Not to be a stalker, but I will be looking through everyones profile/posts to find some of your artwork to gauge your ability/dedication to actual effort. This is not to be cruel, and I am not looking for the next Da Vinci, but to assure that the #1 ultimate rule stays intact. If you have not been selected to join, you will be notified via PM. If there is enough people who have been "ousted" I may use these people in another random team drawing among themselves, as long as there are no objections. Take note that your partner may be unreliable/a stick figure spammer, but if you are included in this category, we will go over it in PM's.
3 - This is to promote cooperation, create a great collaboration piece, and make new friends! Have fun with the project; be competitive, but don't get carried away/bitch at your partner. It is necessary to use an instant messenger client, e-mail, or at the very least the Newgrounds PM system (which you can provide links to your .psd/.fla/.etc file on megaupload or some other hosting site) You need to be able to communicate, and if you are not cool with that, then why would you want to participate in a collaboration project anyway?
4 - IMPORTANT! - If you do not make respond to your partner within 3 days after teams are sorted, YOU ARE SUBJECT TO LOSE YOUR PARTNER! Let me know if you have extenuating circumstances, but make contact ASAP. If you are left partnerless, you will be put into a re-draw. This is a double check against the #1 ultimate rule!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Here are some familiar rules that also apply:
Photoshop, Flash, Painter, Gimp, and other art programs are a must, unless you are an exquisite MSpaint artist, or have a scanner/digital camera.
- It is recommended that you provide a link to a higher quality image
- Once you know who your partner is, PM them with your contact info (Instant Messanger, e-mail, etc.)
you another partner, but I really am hoping this doesn't happen.
- Abide by all NG art forum and site rules
- BOTH artists must contribute!
- Give a description of what it is, and who did what in your piece!
- - - - - -
Okay, so now that all that good stuff is outta the way. Here's how it works!
Until Sunday, September 6th, at 11:59 PM US Eastern time, you are to post in this thread letting me know that you are "in." On Monday the 7th, I will write down the entrants onto tiny little pieces of paper, crumple the hell out of them, and throw them into a hat. I will then be picking the teams at total random! Don't bitch about your partner please.
From that Monday the 7th, you have until Monday, September 21st, 11:59 PM US eastern time. to complete your team's piece.
- - - - - - -
Now to the Theme of this Showdown!
- Here's what I mean: Take any non-cartoon TV show or movie, and illustrate how it would look as a cartoon, OR if you don't want to be cartoony, make a caricature or the character(s), or depict them in their environment doing whacky stuff etc. This has endless possibilities, you can pretty much do whatever you want as long as it isn't just a portrait of the characters. Think outside the box, and be passive about what show you are doing. The hardest part may just be agreeing with your partner on a topic. Remember that this is about the art, but it will help if it is a show/movie you are both familiar with, as you can get more creative.
If you think I forgot something, or have a quarrel with some of the rules, feel free to shoot me a PM and I will try and straighten it out.
*PHEW!* Thats a lot of stuff! If you actually took the time to read all of it, I greatly appreciate your time! On to the results business:
- - - - - - - - -
Doubles 6: Comic Pages results! (from when voting actually ended)
In a tie for third place, it is Zanroth & Sockembop, and MeMB & Ngmastah!
In second place, Daniel123297 & big-jonny-13!
And your winner of Doubles 6, ReNaeNae and J-qb! (see attached)
A great job to all the participants, and hopefully we have a few more this time!
- - - - - - - - -
Characters remaining: 3,326. Gosh.