Be a Supporter!

Say goodbye to snow, Americans.

  • 1,595 Views
  • 41 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
yinyangman
yinyangman
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-02 21:49:57 Reply

Because the United States is becoming such a hotter and hotter climate, There could be alot less snow by 2055.

AJ
AJ
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-02 21:58:07 Reply

This is definitely one of those threads where a link is helpful. Kinda hard to start a debate when you bring no points to the table. :/

Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-02 22:00:45 Reply

yeah and back in the 80's they predicted that by the early 2000s there would be massive heat waves and unbearable temperatures. this summer was particularly mild where I live (louisiana). it was rougher than this back in the 90's.


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-02 22:10:50 Reply

At 9/2/09 10:00 PM, Korriken wrote: yeah and back in the 80's they predicted that by the early 2000s there would be massive heat waves and unbearable temperatures. this summer was particularly mild where I live (louisiana). it was rougher than this back in the 90's.

You are aware that there is a world outside of Louisiana, right?

Are you also that dude who goes "Global Warning, eh? Pfff!" whenever it's cold outside?


BBS Signature
Buffalow
Buffalow
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-02 23:12:22 Reply

It's 40 degrees here in Buffalo and it's the end of August, beginning of September. If thats the global change everyone's been talking about, I see no huge problem other than shorter summers longer winters.


Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-02 23:57:21 Reply

At 9/2/09 11:12 PM, Buffalow wrote: It's 40 degrees here in Buffalo and it's the end of August, beginning of September. If thats the global change everyone's been talking about, I see no huge problem other than shorter summers longer winters.

i would probably die laughing if the planet experienced one hell of a harsh winter. I would love to see the government scramble to figure out a way to link a harsh winter with global wa... oh wait. its climate change now. right. world heats up, its climate change and only cap and trade can stop it! if the world cools off, its climate change and only cap and trade can stop it.


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Psycho-Medic
Psycho-Medic
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 02:02:47 Reply

I heard that we would run out of oil in 2010, and that all the rainforests would be gone by 2012. Getting pretty close.

Also, snow sucks.

Memorize
Memorize
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Animator
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 02:05:21 Reply

At 9/2/09 10:10 PM, poxpower wrote:
You are aware that there is a world outside of Louisiana, right?

Are you also that dude who goes "Global Warning, eh? Pfff!" whenever it's cold outside?

It's not any different from say, you.

You're one of those dudes who goes "The earth will heat up into the 2000's... what? It's gotten cooler Globally? Oh well, it's just masking the warming underneath... yeah, that's it."

"There are more storms? Global Warming! ...There are less storms? Global Warming! ...It's gotten hotter? Global Warming! ...It's gotten cooler? Global Warming!"

nukechicken
nukechicken
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 03:21:14 Reply

I call bullshit.

While Yes Humans are having an impact on the enviroment the Earth it'sself produces far More CO2 than We do and yes it's the earth temperature has risen and fallen many degrees in the last few million years with very minimal effect.

I'll believe it when I see it otherwise I don't believe in your global warming sansationalist bullshit. and neither do alot of scientist.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac tion=vids.individual&videoID=2015539316

Masterzakk
Masterzakk
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 03:22:16 Reply

Global warming is a lie and so is snow.


I am the all the one and the master of the lulz...those who deny my mastery of lulz shall be smittin with a brick in there pants I give no mercy, no quarter, no rights.

BBS Signature
Dawnslayer
Dawnslayer
  • Member since: Mar. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 03:34:48 Reply

At 9/2/09 11:12 PM, Buffalow wrote: It's 40 degrees [Farenheit] here in Buffalo and it's the end of August, beginning of September. If thats the global change everyone's been talking about, I see no huge problem other than shorter summers longer winters.

You noticed too, huh? Bear in mind those seasons are also getting hotter and colder respectively...(I live in Washington state.)

And since the point doesn't seem to drive home easily, I'm going to say it again: even if climate change is a load of bunk, the causes behind it still cause other very real problems, not the least of which is air and water pollution. Address the causes, and you take care of both issues. No one should have to argue about it.

homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 03:38:55 Reply

At 9/2/09 09:49 PM, yinyangman wrote: Because the United States is becoming such a hotter and hotter climate, There could be alot less snow by 2055.

NO! not slightly less Snow when i'm in my 50's!

remember when some Scientists were speculating that last summer all the snow in the North and South polls would be gone?

and everyone with common sense was all like "no it won't, you fucking idiot."

and they were all like "but we're Scientists!"

and they were like "HOLY FUCKING SHIT WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE SAVE MAH BABAH!!!!!!"


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 12:00:04 Reply

I live in Florida, so that sort of thing doesn't affect me much, unless you're saying it's going to get hotter, which would be worse for the Florida residents so in that case I do care.


You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 13:10:49 Reply

there is an El Nino happening, so that should mean a warm winter (nothing unusual there). though the farmer's almanac is predicting a cold-ass winter, lets see who wins.


VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM
Heathenry; it's not for you
"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature
LordJaric
LordJaric
  • Member since: Apr. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 13:31:27 Reply

Last winter says other wise


Common sense isn't so common anymore
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
Fanfiction Page

Presidentjlh
Presidentjlh
  • Member since: Jul. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 13:49:35 Reply

At 9/3/09 01:10 PM, SolInvictus wrote: there is an El Nino happening, so that should mean a warm winter (nothing unusual there). though the farmer's almanac is predicting a cold-ass winter, lets see who wins.

I place 1/30th of my reputation on the almanac.

Lorkas
Lorkas
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 15:04:51 Reply

Haha noobs it sometimes gets to -20 here in Lithuania so there'll be plenty of snow.


My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature
D2Kvirus
D2Kvirus
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 15:56:38 Reply

At 9/2/09 09:49 PM, yinyangman wrote: Because the United States is becoming such a hotter and hotter climate, There could be alot less snow by 2055.

And yet there will still be people saying there's no such thing as global warming here in the UK...


Propaganda is to a Democracy what violence is to a Dictatorship
Never underestimate the significance of "significant."
NG Politics Discussion 101

BBS Signature
adrshepard
adrshepard
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 17:08:50 Reply

How is less snow a bad thing, as suggested by the frowny-face icon in the first post? Once you grow up and stop playing in the snow, you realize its little more than a pain in the ass. It closes things down, you have to shovel it, it stresses telephone and power lines, etc. Does it provide benefits to anybody besides children?

ChickenReaper
ChickenReaper
  • Member since: May. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 19:59:33 Reply

I live in Los Angeles, our only snow day in thousands of years was because of climate change, I'm ust to it


BBS Signature
nukechicken
nukechicken
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 20:38:25 Reply

At 9/3/09 02:49 PM, LaForge wrote:
Sensationalist bullshit? So the fact that glaciers at the polls are melting much faster than anyone predicted doesn't light up any bulbs in your head?

You link to 3 damn articles Saying the same damn thing OMG the glaciers are melting the glaciers are melting run for the hills. Yah Ok Now hang buddy For the record I do not deny the Earth tempereture changes. It's natural nothing we can do about it. What I do call bullshit on is the whole Global warming theory that Humans are to blame for the increase in temperature. And To be quiet honest. I'm more worried that the Earth will be hit by an asteroid than I am global warming.

I can easily pull up sources facts and everything to refute you but as you said.

Not that supplying information will do any good, Global Warming Advocates are just like everyone else who deny obvious truths. No amount of debate will ever change their minds.
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 20:44:42 Reply

yeah the glaciers melt in the summer and they refreeze in the winter they don't talk about that.

nukechicken
nukechicken
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 21:00:17 Reply

At 9/3/09 08:44 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: yeah the glaciers melt in the summer and they refreeze in the winter they don't talk about that.

Not exactly What he's talking about is the fact that these glaciers are melting away more in the summer than they take in the winter. This still doesn't mea jack shit because the Earth has been warming up for the last 200 years. some of you might claim that it's caused by human industrialization. But first off a fews thing to note is the fact that CO2 the gas that soo many people claim to be the culprit behind Global warming makes up less than a fraction of a percent of the atmosphere Source And while yes Human put alot of CO2 in the atmosphere We pale in comparison to other more natural sources. Source

Like I said earlier I'm more worried the Earth will be hit by an asteroid than I am of global warming because It's a load of bullshit.

Shadow1035
Shadow1035
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 21:07:21 Reply

If you want to try to make an intelligent argument, I suggest you use correct grammar and put a few more words into your argument.


BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 21:48:14 Reply

At 9/3/09 09:13 PM, LaForge wrote: I'm siding with Al Gore on this one. Global Warming is real, humans are to blame and the 2000 election was stolen.

gore is a idiot he has like how many mansions and and a private jet and how much of a carbon footprint do you think he makes in a year? plus election wise that was totally legit. active volcanoes make more carbon thatn humans do in a year plus we are in a solar cooling (no sunspots from the sun) plus every few million years the earth heats up a little.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-03 22:02:34 Reply

At 9/3/09 09:48 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote:
At 9/3/09 09:13 PM, LaForge wrote: I'm siding with Al Gore on this one. Global Warming is real, humans are to blame and the 2000 election was stolen.
gore is a idiot he has like how many mansions and and a private jet and how much of a carbon footprint do you think he makes in a year?

but but but but..... he buys carbon credits!

what do carbon credits do? jack shit, and since he buys them from the company he owns, he's not really paying anything for them. When I see this buzzard flying overhead hawking his "carbon neutral lifestyle" and singing like a canary, I can't help but wonder why this dodo isn't called out for the charlatan he really is. It's no wonder the left is pushing this cap and trade nonsense. They stand to make a fortune, not only personally, but it would give them a huge boost in campaign contributions, while stifling the oil and coal companies, hurting their opposition's campaign contribution income.


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-04 09:40:29 Reply

Has anybody noticed how the least corrupt countries in the world (mostly in Scandanavia) are the coldest parts whereas the most corrupt countries (mostly in Africa) are the hottest parts? I mean, think about it. Canada is said to be less corrupt than the USA and Mexico is more corrupt than the USA, fitting into the idea of cold weather equaling a more pleasant atmosphere definitley. The least corrupt states in the USA (like North and/or South Dakota) are also located near colder areas.

What I'm trying to say is, if there's no snow, there's going to be a lot more corruption!


You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-04 18:26:00 Reply

I would like to point out,
If the temperature never goes below 33 degrees farenheit, ice can't form & neither can snow flakes !
so I don't know how many of you have slept outside in a tent when the temperature is "near" freezing. But I sure wouldn't call it warm.
This little planet was so hot at one time no life at all existed. So mellow, chill out (pun intended) what is effecting the ice at the poles has happened before if it hadn't, they would never have discovered the remains of forests in Antarctica.


Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-04 20:55:00 Reply

I love these threads.

Climatologists, the actual experts, say one thing, but the armchair scientists filled by O'Reilly-esque stupidity always have tons of completely random irrelevant facts to throw around.

Like "did you know that carbon makes up only a fraction of the atmosphere!".
Or "did you know that nature releases more carbon!!!!"
Or "the glaciers melt in the summer, BUT FREEZE IN THE WINTER!!

None of these even make sense.

No matter how many Nobel prize winning scientists will shove the facts down your asses, it's aaaaaaall a big conspiracy by Al Gore to make TONS OF CASH! Like, everyone who looks at the facts and says global warming is man-made is JUST OUT OT GET MONEY!!!

Yeah, unlike the people who deny global warming so they can continue to operate cheap, dirty businesses. No, those people don't stand to gain at all.

The whole "who stands to gain the most financially" thing is not relevant to the science ANYWAY.


BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Say goodbye to snow, Americans. 2009-09-04 23:24:18 Reply

At 9/3/09 02:02 AM, Psycho-Medic wrote: I heard that we would run out of oil in 2010, and that all the rainforests would be gone by 2012. Getting pretty close.

Also, snow sucks.

Fuck you snow is the best. Fuck the beach. swimming is boring as hell and there's nothing else to do there.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature