Be a Supporter!

The Meat-heads By Jack

  • 67,680 Views
  • 663 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 02:49 PM Reply

Looking through this thread I see a lot of improvement but I also see things that could use improvement.
For example, I think the thing that you should work on most is your anatomy, especially heads and faces. the main problem i see is that the heads are either too small, to large, or not within the same perspective of the body. Anyways, I am seeing a lot of improvement, looking good.


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Sep. 27th, 2010 @ 04:06 AM Reply

At 9/26/10 02:49 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: Looking through this thread I see a lot of improvement but I also see things that could use improvement.
For example, I think the thing that you should work on most is your anatomy, especially heads and faces. the main problem i see is that the heads are either too small, to large, or not within the same perspective of the body. Anyways, I am seeing a lot of improvement, looking good.

Thanks I appreciate that you put more than "it sucks" or "Looking good way to improve"
I'm working on the head thing, its hard to get the perfect size and even on a massive project I'm working on right now the head is too large I can already tell. but I'm gonna start on some serious anatomy training next week to get everything put into place. So come back then.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Sep. 27th, 2010 @ 04:13 AM Reply

Oh BTdubs WIP. High-Res.

The Meat-heads By Jack

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 03:41 AM Reply

Started doodling in class and was gonna draw a dude flexing, but it looked weird so i gave him a ninja star and then drew cartoony "bad guy" eyes and then I realized it looked like the Art forum ninja a little, so I added the rest... felt I should share that with you just to clarify that I don't spend my spare time stering lovingly into his user page doodling our names together....yeah.

The Meat-heads By Jack

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 07:47 AM Reply

At 9/30/10 03:41 AM, JackDGreatest wrote: then I realized it looked like the Art forum ninja a little, so I added the rest...

Lololololololololol, nice.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 1st, 2010 @ 02:59 AM Reply

At 9/30/10 07:47 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/30/10 03:41 AM, JackDGreatest wrote: then I realized it looked like the Art forum ninja a little, so I added the rest...
Lololololololololol, nice.

Yes, Yes it is.
Here's a WIP of that picture I've been working on for the past few weeks

The Meat-heads By Jack

4MRZ3
4MRZ3
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 1st, 2010 @ 03:20 AM Reply

That sounds pretty cool, I actually had a friend who did the same thing only with marshmallows. In the end he gave up of course.. however the first few marshmallows turned out hilarious.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 1st, 2010 @ 04:00 AM Reply

At 10/1/10 03:20 AM, 4MRZ3 wrote: That sounds pretty cool, I actually had a friend who did the same thing only with marshmallows. In the end he gave up of course.. however the first few marshmallows turned out hilarious.

Uh....What?

....anyway, 2 weeks of work, not even halfway [high resolution] goddamn

The Meat-heads By Jack

Havegum
Havegum
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 1st, 2010 @ 04:07 AM Reply

man, fix the face up.
Get the proportions straight
Find a reference and use it.

The Meat-heads By Jack


BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 1st, 2010 @ 10:31 AM Reply

Yeah the face is off, but I'm too far along to have the drive to fix it at the moment, probably when i finish the background but at this point I'm sick of drawing the girl and want to get on with the rest of the picture.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 3rd, 2010 @ 01:28 AM Reply

Today was boring. and I have a headache.

The Meat-heads By Jack

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 3rd, 2010 @ 04:29 AM Reply

3 of 26 ships complete, I'm calling it a night.

The Meat-heads By Jack

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 3rd, 2010 @ 04:30 AM Reply

Just to put things in perspective:

The Meat-heads By Jack

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 5th, 2010 @ 02:00 AM Reply

I felt this looked coooool... so I posted it.

The Meat-heads By Jack

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 5th, 2010 @ 09:49 AM Reply

These ships are looking pretty sweet man.

argile
argile
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 5th, 2010 @ 09:59 AM Reply

At 10/3/10 04:30 AM, JackDGreatest wrote: Just to put things in perspective:

I like the amount of action going on this , Looks like it'll go out with a bang.

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 5th, 2010 @ 03:01 PM Reply

At 10/5/10 09:59 AM, argile wrote:
At 10/3/10 04:30 AM, JackDGreatest wrote: Just to put things in perspective:
I like the amount of action going on this , Looks like it'll go out with a bang.

so do i; its looking hot hawwtttt! (lolol love that movie)
it seems like you are a lot better at drawing the spaceships than the girl, so i think you should either replace the girl with a fucking BADASS mothership, or re-draw the girl (i like option A)
because she looks pretty pooor compared to the rest of the pic and really brings the overall pic quality down imo

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 5th, 2010 @ 08:00 PM Reply

At 10/5/10 03:01 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 10/5/10 09:59 AM, argile wrote:
At 10/3/10 04:30 AM, JackDGreatest wrote: Just to put things in perspective:
I like the amount of action going on this , Looks like it'll go out with a bang.
so do i; its looking hot hawwtttt! (lolol love that movie)
it seems like you are a lot better at drawing the spaceships than the girl, so i think you should either replace the girl with a fucking BADASS mothership, or re-draw the girl (i like option A)
because she looks pretty pooor compared to the rest of the pic and really brings the overall pic quality down imo

I refuse to drop the girl out whole the picture (I'm going to tweak the face a little once I finish) just throwing that out there) she's on a seperate layer, so I'm gonna put up two versions ; one thats just the sips and one thats the girl + ships, to satisfy everyone and to show off some of the action she blocks. And I'm not 100% sure how I'd put a mother ship there... thanks for the support everyone.

Small Update just for the hell of it.

The Meat-heads By Jack

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 04:49 AM Reply

I just finished this ship, its 1:50 am, I've got school tomorrow just felt it too badass to go away unfinished. gonna post the full WIP in a moment.

The Meat-heads By Jack

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 04:54 AM Reply

Full WIP, [High Res]

The Meat-heads By Jack

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 11:16 AM Reply

Man, you must have been putting in a lot of practice with digital art, because your colouring has vastly improved. That WIP is looking great man, can't wait to see you finish it.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 06:19 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 11:16 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Man, you must have been putting in a lot of practice with digital art, because your colouring has vastly improved. That WIP is looking great man, can't wait to see you finish it.

well once I got better acquainted with the tools and various brushes of digital art it all opened up. Thanks, I can't wait to finish this thing either.

ANYWAY, 7th Period World History. Nothing better to do, except draw. weird shit.

The Meat-heads By Jack

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 19th, 2010 @ 01:05 AM Reply

haven't had time to draw recently. but here's a WIP of another Jetpack trooper type guy thingy.

The Meat-heads By Jack

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 19th, 2010 @ 09:55 PM Reply

I'm looking for a distraction to keep me from doing my homework, and since I'm not really in drawing mode right now I'll just post a tiny bit O progress.

The Meat-heads By Jack

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 03:23 AM Reply

uh huh....

The Meat-heads By Jack

Havegum
Havegum
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 03:40 AM Reply

At 10/19/10 09:55 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: I'm looking for a distraction to keep me from doing my homework, and since I'm not really in drawing mode right now I'll just post a tiny bit O progress.

Cant really make out whats going on with his leg right there.
Also he seems to be unbalanced. I kinda suspect he's flying judging by the rocket looking things on his back, but still I think he looks unbalanced.
If he's going really fast (flying using jetpack) I'd suggestmaking the legs and body sort of drag behind the body.


BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 11:21 AM Reply

At 10/20/10 03:40 AM, Havegum wrote: Cant really make out whats going on with his leg right there.
Also he seems to be unbalanced. I kinda suspect he's flying judging by the rocket looking things on his back, but still I think he looks unbalanced.
If he's going really fast (flying using jetpack) I'd suggestmaking the legs and body sort of drag behind the body.

There is a slight disconnect in the body past the gun that I've noticed, and he isn't going fast, he's kinda just barely jumping up off of the ground and turning on his jet pack, so he's kind of hovering I guess.

Spac3case916
Spac3case916
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 02:41 PM Reply

The face im not so crazy about.

But the ships are cool!!!
the cooring is really sweet with the crashing ship.
good stuf.


[-----free like clouds-----]
Artzzzzz

BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 06:19 PM Reply

At 10/20/10 02:41 PM, Spac3case916 wrote: The face im not so crazy about.

She is currently undergoing facial reconstruction surgery.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to The Meat-heads By Jack Oct. 23rd, 2010 @ 01:47 AM Reply

Yo.[WIP]

The Meat-heads By Jack