00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Meat-heads By Jack

177,752 Views | 922 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-29 02:30:48

Hey Everyone the Meat-Heads are a project I've been working on for the past 6 months or so (complete with story) and I figured I'd share them with you. This is the First of them appropriately titled Meat-Head #1 there are to be 110 but I haven't broken 77 yet. Suggestions are welcome.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-29 02:36:37

Here's Number two, he relies more on tech to get the job done while #1 is a well rounded killing machine.
I am working on cleaning these up in Illustrator but I'm not 100% used to it yet.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-29 02:53:35

The Third of the Meat-Heads fell into the life of a Janitor after decommissioning from the military.
#3 is one of the few Meat-Heads within the first 30 or so to not be redone from the original.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-29 03:03:08

The Fourth Meat-Head was placed in a super secret operations unit along with two other Meat-Heads.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-29 03:21:13

Kool. Wow, 110 of these meat heads. Must be some whacky adventure. Wut's the story about?

Yeah i need to work on a signature...maybe i'll borrow yours for now.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-29 03:42:20

basically its a parody of all the mainstream story backdrops the main story which is Meat-Head #1 features government supersoldier programs, which are the Meat-Heads, Nazi's, Robot Nazis, Aliens, Alien coliseum battles, and every Meat Head takes a different persona ones a ninja anothers a pirate, and you can see hat I'm getting at. I can send any one the overarching plot if they're interested.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-29 03:46:22

Oh yeah forgot Zombies.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-29 05:52:08

Well good luck with your series and thanks for the support in the mean time here's #110.
Meat-Head #110 was the Second Meat-Head I ever drew and is my personal favorite.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-29 05:56:25

Ha, I love these. Reminds me of when I was young.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-29 06:28:29

I'm Gonna go out of order now and show some of my personal favorites,
Like #17, The War Machine:

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-29 09:37:19

The drawings have potential, but I would suggest on improving your anatomy abit. Also, it would be better not to sketch with pen. I'd suggest drawing it in pencil first. That way you can sketch and use helplines and whatnot. After that you can clean that up by removing unwanted lines with an eraser. After that you trace the lines with pen, giving a much cleaner result.

BBS Signature

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-29 10:22:38

Don't like 'em. They seem to me a lot like something you'd find in the back of a schoolboy's maths book. Just can't shake that thought when I look at them.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-29 10:43:07

At 8/29/09 09:37 AM, MeMB wrote: The drawings have potential, but I would suggest on improving your anatomy abit. Also, it would be better not to sketch with pen. I'd suggest drawing it in pencil first. That way you can sketch and use helplines and whatnot. After that you can clean that up by removing unwanted lines with an eraser. After that you trace the lines with pen, giving a much cleaner result.

Well I'm working on cleaning them up on illustrator, but I don't want to put any of them until the whole set complete

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-29 10:44:46

At 8/29/09 10:22 AM, JoeTheToucan wrote: Don't like 'em. They seem to me a lot like something you'd find in the back of a schoolboy's maths book. Just can't shake that thought when I look at them.

well that's how they started

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-29 13:06:08

Well here's another of my drawings unrelated to The Meat-Heads titled "Guardian". Essentiually he's just a hero with a shaved head and shades... Bruce Willis with glasses on.
This was hand drawn, but when I scanned it i messed with it a bit and this is it. There's a nicer more polished version in illustrator with skin tone n' shit but thats pain to make compatible with this site.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-30 04:22:09

Below are two supporting characters from another project Titled Stinch: Time Cop.
They are only mug shots and one got a little cut off, will draw better ones at a later date.

This is The Sergeant of his sector M. Belzner from an alternate Earth time line where wolves evolved into the dominant species along with humans.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-30 04:28:28

This is Robert Axian, he was moved to the Earth Patrol with Stinch and M. Belzner, he is arrogant as his race founded the U.F.P.S.T.C (Universal federation for the protection of the space time continuum) or as they refer to themselves the Time Cops

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-30 04:47:04

Here's the hero, Stinch a caveman who was chosen to become a Time Cop, in one probability he escapes (after the ship carrying him explodes)into the mid 1970's, and the other probability he becomes a time cop. The first story titled Stinch: Time Cop he works as one and about a third of the way in he is assigned a mission to kill himself in an alternate reality in which Stinch who maintains his caveman ego and silently kills thousands, eventually pushing the world into a nuclear war. Its up to the Time Cop and his squad to save that Earth. In Stinch: The Lost it is told from the other reality, Stinch's story from 1974 to 2014 on earth killing people.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-31 17:31:54

Here's a picture of a robot... in color!

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-31 17:58:51

all i do is use colored pencil and use basic editing tools to increase contrast and saturation, I'm very lazy when it comes to colors but hey it works

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-31 18:04:32

At 8/31/09 05:58 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: all i do is use colored pencil and use basic editing tools to increase contrast and saturation, I'm very lazy when it comes to colors but hey it works

youll thank yourself when you take more time in your drawings and colouring it will really show and improve your work

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-31 18:08:13

Here's a pencil sketch of M. Belzner.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-31 18:11:00

At 8/31/09 06:04 PM, ashman112 wrote:
At 8/31/09 05:58 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: all i do is use colored pencil and use basic editing tools to increase contrast and saturation, I'm very lazy when it comes to colors but hey it works
youll thank yourself when you take more time in your drawings and colouring it will really show and improve your work

Yeah I'm sure I will but if I find color absolutely necessary I use illustrator to color it as I only have about 5 colored pencils that I can find.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-31 18:13:08

Here's an explosion I Drew, I liked the way it turned out.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-31 18:56:40

At 8/31/09 06:13 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: Here's an explosion I Drew, I liked the way it turned out.

To be honest, I don't. It hardly looks like an explosion. Look at pictures of explosions and you'll see what I mean.

BBS Signature

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-08-31 19:01:19

At 8/31/09 06:56 PM, MeMB wrote:
At 8/31/09 06:13 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: Here's an explosion I Drew, I liked the way it turned out.
To be honest, I don't. It hardly looks like an explosion. Look at pictures of explosions and you'll see what I mean.

Dude what's your damage? its a cartoony explosion, fire, series of mutate triangles arranged in a way to emulate a fire, I thought you've established you don't like my drawings.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-09-01 22:03:44

Here's another Robot., I named it HackSaw.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-09-01 22:21:46

Quality over quantity can describe this thread pretty well, 110 is a ridiculous and unrealistic amount of characters, you'll start to repeat yourself at some point, frankly they look like doodles you would do in English class, which you said is how it started, as doodles in your notebook.
IMO the art forum is not the place for doodles
Something I noticed from being an over observant dick is that almost all of these have 4 fingers on one hand and than 5 on the other. I'm also gonna agree with memb here, your work could use some cleaning up.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-09-01 22:49:29

At 9/1/09 10:21 PM, M-Vero wrote: Quality over quantity can describe this thread pretty well, 110 is a ridiculous and unrealistic amount of characters, you'll start to repeat yourself at some point, frankly they look like doodles you would do in English class, which you said is how it started, as doodles in your notebook.
IMO the art forum is not the place for doodles
Something I noticed from being an over observant dick is that almost all of these have 4 fingers on one hand and than 5 on the other. I'm also gonna agree with memb here, your work could use some cleaning up.

well at 75 I haven't repeated myself so I must be doing something right, and as for the quality I'm not as in to art as I am writing so I draw the character first then give them backstories so these pictures are all characters, even the explosion is just part of a title. And I think what you were trying to put quantity over quality even I know all of my draawings are low in quality especially when compared to other stuff on the forums but thats what I go for: simple and cartooney.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2009-09-02 02:35:39

Here's my first EVER attempt at drawing a girl character.

The Meat-heads By Jack