New Topic Respond to this Topic
ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-09-10 17:51:06 Reply

At 9/10/09 07:24 AM, kebabh wrote: that was a random image i made up for firesickles game ( the charachter )

well there you go .. little show of my work, but i can make it look litle more
darker or scaryer if you wanna ..

made this up in less than 5-8 minutes

lol. I love "FAB" on the guy's shirt. XD

But yes, I'm looking for something a little darker, scarier, and more realistic. For example, before I decided to do this as a collab instead of solo, I drew the dragon in my sig as what I would use for one of my main characters (no, I'm not leaking any more info as to storyline XD ). I hope that gives you some kind of idea as to what I'm looking for.

You're example might fit very well as a parody of FABT, but I think we're a ways from doing that just yet XD (although I would love to see that one day ;P ).

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature
ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-09-10 17:52:39 Reply

At 9/10/09 07:37 AM, HonterGames wrote: If you like could you contact me through PM rather than posting here. Thanks

Hmm... alright, I'll pass you a PM here in a minute.

BBS Signature
kebabh
kebabh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-09-11 02:41:18 Reply

well, if you wanna realistic stuff, then just say so, f ..

this is a sketch of realistic bg .. if you aprove it then i'll
add more detail's & color it way better ..

and i prefer PM's in future :p

Fabt Collab (rpg)

HonterGames
HonterGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-09-11 05:11:51 Reply

Heres a quick picture of a troll like creature i drew, it still needs some texturing, and as you can see i couldn't be screwed finishing it but you get the idea. If its 'dark' enough for you please PM...
Criticism welcome.

Fabt Collab (rpg)

BBS Signature
johnnymoha
johnnymoha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-09-11 06:29:54 Reply

I really like that troll image. Also, I can program , but in AS3 is really dont like AS2 as its much less organized. Could you PM me some of the finer details about how you'd like the combat and other things in general to work? I am taking a full course load and working so I would need to see what you want done.

HonterGames
HonterGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-09-11 06:38:04 Reply

At 9/11/09 06:29 AM, johnnymoha wrote: I really like that troll image. Also, I can program , but in AS3 is really dont like AS2 as its much less organized. Could you PM me some of the finer details about how you'd like the combat and other things in general to work? I am taking a full course load and working so I would need to see what you want done.

Thanks, i just whipped it together much like the image above. If anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome. Also good luck at trying to get the program position but collab organisers dont usually change their specs cos it usually screws up everything else. Hopefully u know some AS2 as welll.... Anyways good luck!

BBS Signature
johnnymoha
johnnymoha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-09-11 07:53:41 Reply

Yeah if it's in AS2 I dont wanna do it. Its just to messy in my opinion. I'm really more interested in doing some small elements of it and not being the GOTO programmer that writes the whole engine since im currently in school and study a ton. Still I would like to hear about what needs to be done before I submit myself to such a brutal undertaking lol.

johnnymoha
johnnymoha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-09-11 07:55:54 Reply

OH, since I don't know how to edit posts on this board... I'm sorry for 2x posting but I appearantly can't read and I didn't notice the part about the AS2.0 only in the requirements. NVM. lol

kebabh
kebabh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-09-11 10:25:27 Reply

hello, i think i don't wanna work with this fabt thing ..
you people s*ck, those other works --- .. well this is just
way too booring .. well here you go another and last bg
you can use earlier bg & this ( & edit them ) if you wanna,
but i'm out . cya

Fabt Collab (rpg)

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-09-11 16:49:20 Reply

@ kebabh: I'm not sure why you decided to pull out (your message didn't make a lot of sense), but that's fine. I was looking for something with a high level of realism, so I don't think it would have been an appropriate position for you here. Nonetheless, thanks for trying.

@ HonterGames: Alright, I'll PM you shortly with my comments.

@ johnnymoha: Ok... well, I'm not sure where you're standing right now. Are you still interested in doing some work on the project, or are you no longer interested at all? If you're still interested in doing even just a bit of work, then I'll still need to have some proof that you can do some acceptable programming.

@ ALL: Some of the work on the project has already begun - I'll post an update on what we still need soon, though.

BBS Signature
johnnymoha
johnnymoha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-09-12 03:28:49 Reply

Oh, no no. I'm out. My involvement now is strictly playing this when it's finished. I just didn't read the part about it having to use AS2 before I opened my big mouth. good luck though.

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-09-12 22:35:17 Reply

At 9/12/09 03:28 AM, johnnymoha wrote: Oh, no no. I'm out. My involvement now is strictly playing this when it's finished. I just didn't read the part about it having to use AS2 before I opened my big mouth. good luck though.

Lol alright. Just wasn't sure.

Glad you're looking forward to the release though. And thanks.

BBS Signature
WarChimp
WarChimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-09-13 00:45:00 Reply

Hows this coming along anyway?

BBS Signature
ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-09-28 19:32:21 Reply

---THIS MESSAGE IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR ANYONE INVOLVED OR PLANNING TO BE INVOLVED---

I'd like to at last answer Warchimp's question, and to explain why this forum has been so quiet recently:

The project is coming along just fine - albeit slowly, but nonetheless, it's coming. As a result of not obtaining a cabable programmer or enough artists to go about the project the way I had planned, I've decided that a change in the way things are being done is necessary.

This is how this will work now:

I have a full music team, which can function almost independently of the rest of the project. Which means that music will now be the top priority... However, in order to have the music done properly for the game's cinematics, I need to have completed the animated storyboards. Seeing as I have no animators (and because I'm very picky about the cinematics), I've begun to make the animated storyboards for the cinematics already. I cannot give an accurate estimate for how long this will take (there are a fairly large number of cinematics, which could have a total running time of up to about 10-15 minutes by the end. That's in the range of being rediculous, but I have a plan that should get it to work very well... I'm smiling mischieviously, in case you can't tell).

Since the music can be done almost immediately, I am dividing the project into several stages:

------------

Phase 1:
- Complete all audio aspects of the project, including music, voices, and FX.
- Complete all animated storyboards, including the audio.

Intermediary Phase:
- Assemble all artists, animators, and programmers.
- Create some kind of private FABT team forum where all the necessary details can be easily discussed between members during the project.
- Make sure everything and everyone is prepped and ready for the project to start flying.

Phase 2:
- Build the GUI and finalize it.
- Create all in-game animations and art.
- Build the game engine and connect it to the visual aspects of the game.
- Build the finalized cinematics and insert them into the game.
- Otherwise put the pieces together for a funtional game.

Phase 3:
- Send the game (now in beta) to the beta testers (you can ask to be a beta tester, but most will be invited).
- Fix the issues addressed by the beta testers.
- Allow 1-2 weeks of silence from the beta testers before considering the game debugged.

Phase 4:
- Finalize the project.
- Announce the finalization of the project.
- Submit.

*note that I may talk to Tom Fulp during Phase 2 or 3 to see about adding medals to the game*
------------

So this is what I need from all of you out there:

------------

Voice actors:
Yes, that's right - I need more of you. I don't have nearly enough of you (especially females!), and Phase 1 cannot be completed without you. Please email me or send me a PM if you're interested. And don't wait. The sooner I have you, the sooner this project can be completed.

Artists/Animators:
I don't need you right away, but if you're certain that you want in on the project, then I can put you on a pending list. If you're put down as pending, be aware that it might be some time before I ask anything of you - but also that when I do ask, that you're ready to do it. I can't have anyone drop out from the pending list.

Programmer(s):
I need to have someone who will see the project to the end. If I suspect that you won't, I don't care how qualified you are - the problems caused by a programmer dropping out halfway are unimaginably huge. I can put you on a pending list, but the same rules apply as with the artists/animators. Just know that you'll have to wait until Phase 2 to begin your work.

------------

Keep in mind that between school, extracurricular commitments, and FABT... I'm extremely busy most of the time. This means that I may take some time to respond to you - just be patient. However, also remember that FABT is always on my mind - every day I take steps to further the project, whether anyone else is aware of them or not. This project will NOT die - And I can say that with complete confidence.

That's pretty much everything for now. You won't be hearing as much from me for a while, as my focus will be on Phase 1 completion for now. I'll give updates every once in a while.

PM me or email me with requests to join the project - but try to keep other questions in the forum.

Thanks.

BBS Signature
WarChimp
WarChimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-10-03 00:27:55 Reply

This is good update. I am looking forward to see the final outcome

BBS Signature
EasilyEmbarrassed
EasilyEmbarrassed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-10-07 18:09:11 Reply

At 9/28/09 07:32 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: Phase 1:
- Complete all audio aspects of the project, including music, voices, and FX.
- Complete all animated storyboards, including the audio.

Thanks for this post OS! We better start working on the music again for phase 1 :P Like I said in the mail before, I'll also try to make an entire FX map with things like sword sounds, explosion sounds, elemental sounds like fire, water, wind etc.

We're currently still hard working on our next album, but besides that we've definitely find enough time to compose FABT music. Please also let me know when we have to change, rearrange something for the cinematic music. The tracks I've send you were only temporary tracks with the idea's. We can make them fit for the cinematic by changing the entire arrangement of the track, so it can fit the mood of the cinematic and the actions (Powerful part in the music when there's lots of action or fight, some softer and touchier parts for the parts when a character says something, some sad part when someone died or something), things like that.

We'll keep you updated when we got something new.

Cheers,

Nick, Easily Embarrassed

EasilyEmbarrassed
EasilyEmbarrassed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-10-07 18:12:40 Reply

edit:

"... that we've definitely..." => "... that we'll definitely..."

Too bad this forum hasn't got an edit button, sigh.

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-10-07 19:10:49 Reply

At 10/7/09 06:12 PM, EasilyEmbarrassed wrote: edit:

"... that we've definitely..." => "... that we'll definitely..."

Too bad this forum hasn't got an edit button, sigh.

Yeah, an edit button would be nice... Anyways, thanks for the response, EE.

I'm working on getting the animatic for the trailer completed here, so I'll definitely have something you can hopefully work with sometime in the next while. Of course, we'll still need at least one artist before we can finalise the trailer, but it's certainly a step in the right direction.

Also, I'd love it if you did an FX sound map. I would really appreciate that. I just storyboarded the trailer - there are a couple FX I think I might need, too. One is a certain kind of roar (I'll give you a description of the creature making the noise in my next email), and the other is a kind of deep, slow-mo heartbeat. I'll give you more info on all that in the email, since some of it is for FABT team members only at this point ;P

And @ everyone else:

Yes, that's right. We're doing a trailer to help promote our cause. Our team just needs one solid artist before we can get that done, though. So here's your cue, artists!

The trailer will be a landmark in terms of when the project really starts going. If you're wanting in on the project... speak quickly. Especially if you're a voice actor or artist.

---

No really significant updates this time around - but keep checking back periodically. I'll be trying to give more frequent updates from here on in.

BBS Signature
ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-10-12 21:46:19 Reply

--UPDATE--

Not a huge update here. Trailer has been fully conceptualised - I'll be putting the animatic together starting now, and hopefully we'll have EE working on our FX for that, too.

BUT we still need a solid artist! I'll be pretty upset if I have to do this myself. I could do it, but it'll take me a really long time to do it properly. So help me out.

Sorry for double-posting. Mind you, I don't think that's really my fault... o _0

BBS Signature
EasilyEmbarrassed
EasilyEmbarrassed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-10-13 17:09:53 Reply

At 10/12/09 09:46 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: --UPDATE--

Not a huge update here. Trailer has been fully conceptualised - I'll be putting the animatic together starting now, and hopefully we'll have EE working on our FX for that, too.

BUT we still need a solid artist! I'll be pretty upset if I have to do this myself. I could do it, but it'll take me a really long time to do it properly. So help me out.

Sorry for double-posting. Mind you, I don't think that's really my fault... o _0

Yup, already send you the entire trailer preview soundtrack to your mailbox ;)

Let me try is also:

LOOKING FOR SERIOUS ARTISTS TO WORK ON THIS BIG RPG PROJECT!

Cheers,

Nick

MilitaryMagnus
MilitaryMagnus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-10-14 17:02:02 Reply

I have talked to OS VIA email, I will be your artist for this thing. I do not have very much to show on NG, but my last thing I did was Red Mirage, which is on here, at the bottom of the list http://fusion.cogswell.edu/vidgal/FAMovi eGallery.html I have never done a colab before so I would like to take my work seriously and see where it gets me/us.

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-10-14 19:10:25 Reply

----------UPDATE----------

Things seem to finally be getting to a reasonable pace. MilitaryMagnus has joined, as he said, and Montycarlo has been confirmed as our programmer. The trailer shouldn't take too much longer, either. I don't want to give much in the way of an ETA, but... I'm hoping to release it well before the end of November. If all goes well then it should be done before the end of October.

We're still needing more voice actors, however. Especially female voice actors. Volunteers?

BBS Signature
ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-10-15 18:26:25 Reply

----------UPDATE----------

The trailer's animatic has been completed, and has been sent to the rest of the team. Work on making it final should be starting very soon.
The trailer's FX are nearly complete, according to EE.

This thing might be done sooner than I thought...

WE STILL NEED MORE VOICE ACTORS! Come on guys, this is your chance! I can get my school's drama department in on this, but I'd prefer to see some people from the worldwide community get in on this. So speak up! ...Also, I won't shut up about this until we've got enough of you. ;D

BBS Signature
EasilyEmbarrassed
EasilyEmbarrassed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-10-16 16:38:31 Reply

EE sound FX status: All sounds have been completed! ^.^

I've send you an email again Ian, with all the sounds and the orchestral music part in separated mp3 files. I wonder how the trailer will be with all the sounds included :) Can't wait to see the result!

Cheers,

Nick

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-10-22 20:04:57 Reply

-----UPDATE-----

Had a slight issue with the sound, but managed to fix it. The sound has been added and is working just great. We just need the art and animation to be completed, and then I'll move on to making sure everything is clean and polished, and making any last minute changes. With any luck you'll all be seeing the trailer fairly soon.

FABT FTW.

BBS Signature
ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2009-10-31 20:35:24 Reply

-----UPDATE-----

Work on the actual FABT project has started. We're still moving a bit more sluggishly than I'd like because we don't have enough artists and voice actors yet, but I'm working on fixing that.

No updates on the trailer yet, and I probably won't give any more on it until it's just about to go live.

Ah... nothing else for now. Mostly this was a "FABT is alive and doing well" update.

BBS Signature
SlashByte
SlashByte
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2010-02-05 09:48:25 Reply

Just curious about the progress- with the lack of updates, I hope this thing isn't going dead...

Any estimates on completion date of the trailer or teaser or actual game?

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) 2010-04-03 01:08:17 Reply

At 2/5/10 09:48 AM, SlashByte wrote: Just curious about the progress- with the lack of updates, I hope this thing isn't going dead...

Any estimates on completion date of the trailer or teaser or actual game?

It isn't dead - just currently on hold. This being my grad year, I've been far too busy to organise a full team of people toward the production of the game - it's unbelievable how much time I have to spend to keep it rolling (especially when people tend not to do anything at all unless you hound them constantly while still trying not to come across as a jerk :P trust me, 95% of people are like that). However, I do have a significant amount of time this summer in which I intend to continue production.

As for completion date and trailer release: I can't accurately give you a date for game release (it all depends on how dedicated the team is). However, the trailer is mostly complete. All the audio has been done, and the animatic is synced up. All that's left is for the animator(s) to replace the animatic with the final animation. That was supposed to have been completed months ago, but our animator stopped responding to emails, and then I got too busy to do anything. However, the trailer should be out within a week or two at most from the time production picks up again.

I hope this answers everyone's questions (which are probably mostly "what the crap happened to FABT and why are there no updates?" or something to that extent).

And just by the way, I'd still love to have more people on the team. So if you're willing to work on FABT this summer, don't hesitate to pass me a message.

Apologies for not having updated in so long. Updates will resume more regularly sometime soon after July 19 (which is when my summer break really starts).

Cheers all,

- Ian

BBS Signature