---THIS MESSAGE IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR ANYONE INVOLVED OR PLANNING TO BE INVOLVED---
I'd like to at last answer Warchimp's question, and to explain why this forum has been so quiet recently:
The project is coming along just fine - albeit slowly, but nonetheless, it's coming. As a result of not obtaining a cabable programmer or enough artists to go about the project the way I had planned, I've decided that a change in the way things are being done is necessary.
This is how this will work now:
I have a full music team, which can function almost independently of the rest of the project. Which means that music will now be the top priority... However, in order to have the music done properly for the game's cinematics, I need to have completed the animated storyboards. Seeing as I have no animators (and because I'm very picky about the cinematics), I've begun to make the animated storyboards for the cinematics already. I cannot give an accurate estimate for how long this will take (there are a fairly large number of cinematics, which could have a total running time of up to about 10-15 minutes by the end. That's in the range of being rediculous, but I have a plan that should get it to work very well... I'm smiling mischieviously, in case you can't tell).
Since the music can be done almost immediately, I am dividing the project into several stages:
- Complete all audio aspects of the project, including music, voices, and FX.
- Complete all animated storyboards, including the audio.
- Assemble all artists, animators, and programmers.
- Create some kind of private FABT team forum where all the necessary details can be easily discussed between members during the project.
- Make sure everything and everyone is prepped and ready for the project to start flying.
- Build the GUI and finalize it.
- Create all in-game animations and art.
- Build the game engine and connect it to the visual aspects of the game.
- Build the finalized cinematics and insert them into the game.
- Otherwise put the pieces together for a funtional game.
- Send the game (now in beta) to the beta testers (you can ask to be a beta tester, but most will be invited).
- Fix the issues addressed by the beta testers.
- Allow 1-2 weeks of silence from the beta testers before considering the game debugged.
- Finalize the project.
- Announce the finalization of the project.
*note that I may talk to Tom Fulp during Phase 2 or 3 to see about adding medals to the game*
So this is what I need from all of you out there:
Yes, that's right - I need more of you. I don't have nearly enough of you (especially females!), and Phase 1 cannot be completed without you. Please email me or send me a PM if you're interested. And don't wait. The sooner I have you, the sooner this project can be completed.
I don't need you right away, but if you're certain that you want in on the project, then I can put you on a pending list. If you're put down as pending, be aware that it might be some time before I ask anything of you - but also that when I do ask, that you're ready to do it. I can't have anyone drop out from the pending list.
I need to have someone who will see the project to the end. If I suspect that you won't, I don't care how qualified you are - the problems caused by a programmer dropping out halfway are unimaginably huge. I can put you on a pending list, but the same rules apply as with the artists/animators. Just know that you'll have to wait until Phase 2 to begin your work.
Keep in mind that between school, extracurricular commitments, and FABT... I'm extremely busy most of the time. This means that I may take some time to respond to you - just be patient. However, also remember that FABT is always on my mind - every day I take steps to further the project, whether anyone else is aware of them or not. This project will NOT die - And I can say that with complete confidence.
That's pretty much everything for now. You won't be hearing as much from me for a while, as my focus will be on Phase 1 completion for now. I'll give updates every once in a while.
PM me or email me with requests to join the project - but try to keep other questions in the forum.