New Topic Respond to this Topic
ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Aug. 31st, 2009 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 8/31/09 02:01 PM, SuperiorX wrote: IS this still on?

YES, this is definitely still on. Perhaps I should post an updated list of what I still need... Here it is:

||==|[ Looking For: ]|==||

1-2 Programmers (Desperately need you guys!)

1-2 Flash artists (1 confirmed, 1 pending) / Animators (none yet...)

1-2 Musicians (1 confirmed)

2-5 Voice Actors (Male) (7 pending)

1-4 Voice Actors (Female) (1 pending)

[ Interested? PM me (ObsidianSnow) or send me an email at: [email protected] ]

Also, @ Angryglacier: That doesn't look too shabby. I do have one comment though: I'd like to see a little more texture (I want it to be a bit darker and a little more rich in colour (pay special attention to the sky). I want to know that you can also do a slightly bloodier atmosphere, too. I like the fog, though) and depth to it. We'll be working with mountains, clouds, trees (and similar), water, and other such things. And remember that all of that has to fit - so putting the foreground lower will be necessary.

There's some promise there, though.

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature
Glacier
Glacier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Aug. 31st, 2009 @ 06:45 PM Reply

At 8/31/09 06:39 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote:
At 8/31/09 02:01 PM, SuperiorX wrote:
Also, @ Angryglacier: That doesn't look too shabby. I do have one comment though: I'd like to see a little more texture (I want it to be a bit darker and a little more rich in colour (pay special attention to the sky). I want to know that you can also do a slightly bloodier atmosphere, too. I like the fog, though) and depth to it.

I actually did put a lot of texture in the windmill, you just can't see it, I'll also get started on a battlefield.

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Aug. 31st, 2009 @ 06:55 PM Reply

At 8/31/09 06:45 PM, angryglacier wrote:
I actually did put a lot of texture in the windmill, you just can't see it, I'll also get started on a battlefield.

Cool. Mostly I meant to the whole scene (Your grass texture was good, for example, but I'd like it to seem to carry across the whole section of ground, rather than just sit at the top. Right now it just seems a bit empty, if you know what I mean). But the windmill looks good.

Good stuff, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

BBS Signature
Glacier
Glacier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Aug. 31st, 2009 @ 09:41 PM Reply

It's the finished battlefield, I really don't like it as much as my other but this has a lot more attention to detail and is a lot more gritty and darker (though I think I really messed up on the sky.)

Fabt Collab (rpg)

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 2nd, 2009 @ 03:58 PM Reply

At 8/31/09 09:41 PM, angryglacier wrote: It's the finished battlefield, I really don't like it as much as my other but this has a lot more attention to detail and is a lot more gritty and darker (though I think I really messed up on the sky.)

Hmm. It still looks empty. The colour was good, and I really like the detail on the sword, but the objects themselves aren't too hot. The sky is.. well, I think it's not the greatest, unfortunately. I'm looking for a fuller environment, with many layers of landscape that stretch off into the distance, with plenty of static objects all over the place in the bacground. I'll do a rough example of what I mean.

The other image was better, I agree. This image doesn't get you on the team, though. I'm still willing to view more attempts, but it's up to you whether you want to keep trying. If you want to keep trying, just hold on until I can show you a bit of an example.

However, since you took the time and effort to actually do these, I'll offer to have you do some game testing for us if you want to. I think you've at least earned that.

BBS Signature
mjattie
mjattie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 2nd, 2009 @ 04:48 PM Reply

At 8/31/09 06:39 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: ||==|[ Looking For: ]|==||

I'd like to participate on the musicans. (you know I have reason 4 so that's easy). If somebody tells me what to do off course. I'm not going to fully put myself into this, but I'd like to make a soundtrack, if that's allowed ;)

Glacier
Glacier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 2nd, 2009 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 9/2/09 03:58 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote:
At 8/31/09 09:41 PM, angryglacier wrote: It's the finished battlefield, I really don't like it as much as my other but this has a lot more attention to detail and is a lot more gritty and darker (though I think I really messed up on the sky.)
Hmm. It still looks empty. The colour was good, and I really like the detail on the sword, but the objects themselves aren't too hot. The sky is.. well, I think it's not the greatest, unfortunately. I'm looking for a fuller environment, with many layers of landscape that stretch off into the distance, with plenty of static objects all over the place in the bacground. I'll do a rough example of what I mean.

The other image was better, I agree. This image doesn't get you on the team, though. I'm still willing to view more attempts, but it's up to you whether you want to keep trying. If you want to keep trying, just hold on until I can show you a bit of an example.

However, since you took the time and effort to actually do these, I'll offer to have you do some game testing for us if you want to. I think you've at least earned that.

I'd like to keep trying this project sounds very interesting and I would love to be a part of it. My backgrounds are just samples their not meant to be complete but I can make a sample with parts in the distance, by the way thanks for the info on the sword here's a closeup on it.

Fabt Collab (rpg)

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 2nd, 2009 @ 07:42 PM Reply

At 9/2/09 04:48 PM, mjattie wrote:
At 8/31/09 06:39 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: ||==|[ Looking For: ]|==||
I'd like to participate on the musicans. (you know I have reason 4 so that's easy). If somebody tells me what to do off course. I'm not going to fully put myself into this, but I'd like to make a soundtrack, if that's allowed ;)

For sure. I already know that you're capable enough for this one (lol it would be sad if I didn't at this point), and I think your input would be beneficial. If you want to make a soundtrack, I'd be appreciative of that. If you need some details on what I need, at least in addition to what was described, just pass me a PM.

I'm glad you want in on this, Mjattie. Good to have you with us.

BBS Signature
SquidGoneFishing
SquidGoneFishing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 2nd, 2009 @ 07:49 PM Reply

That sure is one ridiculously intricate description!

Glacier
Glacier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 2nd, 2009 @ 07:52 PM Reply

At 9/2/09 07:49 PM, SquidGoneFishing wrote: That sure is one ridiculously intricate description!

What are you talking about?

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 2nd, 2009 @ 07:57 PM Reply

At 9/2/09 07:49 PM, SquidGoneFishing wrote: That sure is one ridiculously intricate description!

lol I know. The first post actually hit the character limit. I couldn't have typed even one more letter. XD I feel like I've achieved something there.

BBS Signature
ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 06:16 PM Reply

Alright angryglacier, here's that example I promised you (sorry it's late). Don't judge me on any artistic skills - I didn't put much effort into this anyways. So I know it looks like crap. But the point is, this is how full I want the environment to seem. There's more to a background than just a ground and a few static objects. (btw, those are lens flares in the top right. lol I hate having the actual sun in the background. But I could never make it look good even when I did try, so maybe that's just me.)
...and the green lines represent trees/other plants. Some trees on the foreground would be nice, too.

And once again: No, this is no indication of my actual artistic ability. XD

Fabt Collab (rpg)

BBS Signature
ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 4th, 2009 @ 06:38 PM Reply

Alright, time for another update.

1-2 Programmers (Desperately need you guys!!)

2-3 Flash artists (1 confirmed, 1 pending) / Animators (1(?) pending)

1-3 Musicians (2 confirmed)

2-5 Voice Actors (Male) (1 confirmed, 6 pending)

*Keep in mind that the number of any given people needed is subject to change*

BBS Signature
Glacier
Glacier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 5th, 2009 @ 02:09 AM Reply

Alright I'll start on a background sample.

Glacier
Glacier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 5th, 2009 @ 03:47 AM Reply

Finished:

Fabt Collab (rpg)

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 5th, 2009 @ 06:01 PM Reply

Ah. There's something I like. Sure, it could use some more detail in the distance (on the mountains, the water, the distant land, the sun and flares, and what-have-you), but I really like how this one turned out. The foreground is fantastic in comparison to the previous images... This is much better. Especially the sky.

It feels so much fuller this time. Now, provided that you can get the distant background items to be more detailed (I know they're blurred, and I like that, but a little more realism is in order, I think... try some rotoscopy and see what happens), I think I might be able to accept this as a pass. You've proved that you have some solid capability... you're almost there.

If you can show me just one detailed mountain, lake, and tree - I think I can accept you on to the team. Sure, there are a couple more kinks to work out, but judging by how well you adapted to my previous requests, I'd say that won't take too long. My suggestion, again, is to try some rotoscopy. Find a nice picture of a mountain, a tree, and a lake, paste them into flash, and draw on a layer on top of them, using the actual objects as references. You can get much better detail and realism that way. Plus I love the effect of rotoscopy =D

No need to put them into a background, I just need to see that you're able to get the realism I want. If you just put them on a white background I'd be fine with that.

As long as that looks good, I think you could pass (sorry if it seems like it's been a rediculously long process - I'm just looking for a level that I think was a little higher than you had aimed for before. I think it's within your reach, though).

Good luck. :D

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 6th, 2009 @ 01:54 AM Reply

This looks very interesting and I would like to offer you voice acting. I use a high quality podcasting mic and can do a number of voices. Here are some samples of my most recent works,

Number 1
Number 2
Number 3

Is that good enough for this project? I can also make just a bit of music... you can see an example here and "here.

Good luck with this project!

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 6th, 2009 @ 05:16 PM Reply

At 9/6/09 01:54 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: This looks very interesting and I would like to offer you voice acting. I use a high quality podcasting mic and can do a number of voices. Here are some samples of my most recent works,

Number 1
Number 2
Number 3

Is that good enough for this project? I can also make just a bit of music... you can see an example here and "here.

Good luck with this project!

Unfortunately, your music isn't quite what I'm looking for - it's good, but it just doesn't have the feel I'm looking for.

However, your voice acting abilities seem to be decent. It's evident that you're used to doing comedy and such, but you appear to have a lot of experience and a decent range of voice, as well. If you think you're up to doing something with a more serious tone, however, I trust that you would be able to pull it off.

I can see, based on your userpage, that you're involved in quite a number of other projects as well:
Provided that this doesn't cause too much of a delay, I think I can accept you on to the team as a voice actor.

If you just pass me an email at [email protected] I'll send you some more details.

BBS Signature
ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 6th, 2009 @ 05:19 PM Reply

Update time again.

1-2 Programmers (Desperately need you guys!!)

2-3 Flash artists (1 confirmed, 1 pending) / Animators (1(?) pending)

1-3 Musicians (Full)

2-5 Voice Actors (Male) (2 confirmed, 6 pending)

*Keep in mind that the number of any given people needed is subject to change*

BBS Signature
Glacier
Glacier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 7th, 2009 @ 12:01 AM Reply

I'm sorry but I hate rotoscoping so I made a mountain in the style of it.

Fabt Collab (rpg)

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 7th, 2009 @ 08:29 PM Reply

At 9/7/09 12:01 AM, angryglacier wrote: I'm sorry but I hate rotoscoping so I made a mountain in the style of it.

Hmm still a certain realism that appears to be lacking... I started an example for you. Yes, I was using rotoscopy, and yes, it's unfinished, and yes, it's not my best. But it's moreso in the direction I want it to take. Maybe a little smoother than this, but again, I wasn't about to spend a massive amount of time for an example. I hope this helps you understand what I'm talking about...

Fabt Collab (rpg)

BBS Signature
FireSickle
FireSickle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 8th, 2009 @ 08:49 AM Reply

At 9/6/09 05:19 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: 1-2 Programmers (Desperately need you guys!!)

I am a programmer. I primarily know AS3. I do not have much samples of what I can do, I have not been involved with many flash projects. But I would like to try out. Can you give me something to "test" me? Also here is some code I am writing at the moment:

http://www.firesickle.com/slideymcgetawa y/index.html - Platform game with a never ending level. The "level" part is actually a visual indicator to me that my code is working. Red blocks and falling off the edge "kill you", on player death I return the player to the top left corner, that is why the character will teleport. Hope you don't final judge me on this, I just made it this weekend, haven't had time to trace out all of the minor glitches, and make the level generation code less processor intensive

kebabh
kebabh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 8th, 2009 @ 09:10 AM Reply

lol, firesickle .. well can i join as an artist ?

( í have thing that i can't post without drawing ) :p

Fabt Collab (rpg)

smileinyoursleep
smileinyoursleep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 8th, 2009 @ 09:50 AM Reply

if you realy need a programer i can work on it here are some of my examples
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/100809/1 579_Adventure.php
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/010909/7 9352_RPG.php
this second one has since been edited and has been made alot better but i dont want to reupload it for so ther my exaples all progaming was done by me but none of the art

BBS Signature
Glacier
Glacier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 8th, 2009 @ 01:05 PM Reply

I give up. No more drawing attempts. Although I can make monster/places/weapons and armor/ other drawings for concept to be put into the game.

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 9th, 2009 @ 07:03 PM Reply

@ FireSickle: I responded to your email, the info you need is there.

@ Kebabh: If you mean the image you posted is your example of your ability, then I don't think you're suited to this project. But if that was just a random image out of nowhere, then draw up an example showing me what you can do (try to stick to the theme of FABT - you can do backgrounds, static objects, creatures, people, etc. as an example).

@ smileinyoursleep: You seem to understand some solid concepts of programming... pass me an email at [email protected] and I'll give you some more info on what I need before you can be accepted into the team.

@ angryglacier: Alright. If you want to do some concept art, I'd gladly let you do so. Also, I did really like the grass/foreground of your last image, so I might try to get you to just do some foreground things, too. If you're ok with that, then pass me an email ( [email protected] ). I'm still open to letting you do testing, too.

BBS Signature
Glacier
Glacier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 9th, 2009 @ 07:36 PM Reply

Obsidian snow I sent you a email. Looking forward to make the foreground for the game and some concept art.

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 9th, 2009 @ 11:20 PM Reply

At 9/9/09 07:36 PM, angryglacier wrote: Obsidian snow I sent you a email. Looking forward to make the foreground for the game and some concept art.

Cool... but I haven't gotten your email yet. Really I just need your email for easier communication, so you could send me that via PM if necessary. Wierd that I wouldn't get it, though...

BBS Signature
kebabh
kebabh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 10th, 2009 @ 07:24 AM Reply

that was a random image i made up for firesickles game ( the charachter )

well there you go .. little show of my work, but i can make it look litle more
darker or scaryer if you wanna ..

made this up in less than 5-8 minutes

Fabt Collab (rpg)

HonterGames
HonterGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Fabt Collab (rpg) Sep. 10th, 2009 @ 07:37 AM Reply

Well i usually work in programming, but have been recently been practising some art so heres a character which we 'whipped' up... Its more 'cartoony' rather than realistic i guess so im not sure whether or not its what you want...

If you like could you contact me through PM rather than posting here. Thanks

Fabt Collab (rpg)

BBS Signature