00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Entrys of various delineation

43,628 Views | 469 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 13:01:26

Well I'v been new to the forum for about 2 weeks now, so I think I'v become settled in enough to make my own thread.
All the work I post here can be found in higher quality either in the art portal or on my deviantart account
And to start things off my most recent piece, Bruce Campbell, as Ash Williams in the Evil Dead movies
This was requested by a friend and it was really fun to do.

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 13:05:18

A regular colored version of one of my enttires into the colors in threes collab

Mr. Colbert

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 13:08:57

Another entry to the colors in threes collab

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 13:14:46

A painting I made, the eye I like but the hair and shading I could use some tips to make it look smoother and more realistic.

And this goes for all of my work, I would appreciate any crits you give me, flat-out insult will be dealt with by e-hugs most likely.

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 13:15:01

At 8/23/09 01:05 PM, M-Vero wrote: A regular colored version of one of my enttires into the colors in threes collab
Mr. Colbert

I liked your 3 colour version better. But this is allso good. I acturlly do know who colbert is. We have quite a few american talkshows on danish tv. The daily show, the late show with Lettermanm, and various chick shows like Oprah and dr. Phil.
And it is very easy to see who it is. It has just been a while since I have seen Steven Colbert. I wish that they would start broadcasting the colbert report.
Good work :)

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 13:25:03

Good stuff mate. Diggin' your semi-cartoon style, much like you find in many graphic novels.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 13:27:25

At 8/23/09 01:01 PM, M-Vero wrote: And to start things off my most recent piece, Bruce Campbell, as Ash Williams in the Evil Dead movies

I love Bruce Campbell, I love Evil Dead and I love this piece.
Great stuff mate.

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 13:38:43

At 8/23/09 01:25 PM, JoeTheToucan wrote: Good stuff mate. Diggin' your semi-cartoon style, much like you find in many graphic novels.

Thanks man, basically what I go for.

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 13:40:01

At 8/23/09 01:27 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I love Bruce Campbell, I love Evil Dead and I love this piece.
Great stuff mate.

Bruce Campbell's the man, and his movies are so unintentionally hilarious!

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 13:41:01

At 8/23/09 01:15 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: I liked your 3 colour version better. But this is allso good.

I like the 3 color one better too.

would have posted this sooner but I just found out about the 4 posts/30 minutes, I'll have to keep that in mind. Now, off to work.

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 13:55:32

I'm really digging your style, dude. I really like your Ash. Righteous.

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 20:37:46

One of my first attempt at Vectoring

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 20:40:12

One of my favorite vector pieces

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 20:43:23

My favorite Vector piece

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 21:14:42

At 8/23/09 01:14 PM, M-Vero wrote: A painting I made, the eye I like but the hair and shading I could use some tips to make it look smoother and more realistic.

I'd say using a bigger brush for shading and highlights. I usually use a big brush at first to get the rough definition in, then switch to gradually smaller brushes to define smaller features and wrinkles. Oh, and obviously the bigger brushes are usually fuzzy brushes (unless you want cell-shading or something like that), and the smaller ones are usually fuzzy too, though for some harsh/fine detailing hard brushes do the trick better.

Really liking your art style, by the way. Reminds me of the Gorillaz drawing-style somewhat.

BBS Signature

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 21:45:07

Some monoprints I did in my art class, ink with pastels for a finish. The one on the left was destroyed because we were using a wet paper technique, and I messed around with it to turn it into a kind of Irish flag, the one on the right is the Chinese symbol for monkey, my scanner doesn't do it justice, it has this cool almost 3d looking affect.

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 21:47:51

More prints using cutout paper to block the ink, the shape was a Mario sprite

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 21:55:21

More stuff from school
This was the first assignment to see how familiar we were with drawing from shapes and shading.

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 21:57:20

Still more.
First still life of the year

see what I did there?

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 21:58:45

At 8/23/09 09:57 PM, M-Vero wrote: Still more.
First still life of the year
see what I did there?

ICWUTYOUDIDTHAR.

So why isn't one of the pears the LOLWUT pear?

BBS Signature

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-23 22:15:39

At 8/23/09 09:58 PM, MeMB wrote: ICWUTYOUDIDTHAR.

So why isn't one of the pears the LOLWUT pear?

Ohhhh god, if only I had though of that. If I find the picture I'll definitely edit it.

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-26 16:25:21

Little update on here, it's been a few days
Sketch so far of my entry into COW75, gonna take a crack at painting this and hope it doesn't turn out too bad

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-27 23:00:00

More Wip for my entry into COW75 matriarch. Pretty much done with the actual creatures, just need to add background/foreground and a few touch ups. I still suck at painting fur, but this is much better, and more fluffy looking than previous attempts. Thoughts so far?

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-28 10:04:15

At 8/27/09 11:00 PM, M-Vero wrote: More Wip for my entry into COW75 matriarch. Pretty much done with the actual creatures, just need to add background/foreground and a few touch ups. I still suck at painting fur, but this is much better, and more fluffy looking than previous attempts. Thoughts so far?

Use brushes like these. Tick the "other dynamics" box in the brush settings window (f5 in photoshop) so that the opacity of the brush is pressure dependant. Or if you dont use a tablet just give it a low opacity. I can send you the brush set if you want...

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-28 12:22:38

At 8/28/09 10:04 AM, J-qb wrote: Use brushes like these. Tick the "other dynamics" box in the brush settings window (f5 in photoshop) so that the opacity of the brush is pressure dependant. Or if you dont use a tablet just give it a low opacity. I can send you the brush set if you want...

I'v tried making my own brushes, but they always come out as nasty blobs that look nothing like fur, I would really appreciate you sending me those, thanks a ton for offering.

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-28 15:39:46

God this took forever, but I'm finally done. Spent a good 4 hours each day over the past 3 days working on this.
For C.O.W. 75
Adenoid Wolf, it's large body and stubby legs make it not the fastest but its sturdy and won't go down easy, it uses its jaws to dig wholes in the ground and sleep or wait in them, the smaller, more cuddly looking ones, draw unsuspecting travelers onto the hiding wolf's back, and surprise!

And a special thanks to J-qb for sending me some awesome brushes.
Once again, I am not a skilled painter, and I hardly consider myself any kind of painter, but I'm sure as hell proud of what's below this text and my sig.

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-29 22:56:01

I really like my C.O.W. entry, but I especially like the background, so I touched t up a little bit

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-29 23:50:02

Working on another painting, this time I'm trying painting with line art
Alton Brown this time.

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-30 03:06:54

Though I won't deny your skill as an artist, all of your work here is so DIRECT.

you know what I mean? its less of a display of expression and rather one of technical skill, not that I have any problem with that, but I would like to see some more abstract stuff.

I don't mean abstract as in, "random shapes" but rather expressing a bit less indirectly

Response to Entrys of various delineation 2009-08-30 21:02:02

At 8/30/09 03:06 AM, willobeen wrote: Though I won't deny your skill as an artist, all of your work here is so DIRECT.
you know what I mean? its less of a display of expression and rather one of technical skill, not that I have any problem with that, but I would like to see some more abstract stuff.

I get what you mean, I think. But I'm not too good at abstract, I don't really know how to express myself with my art, other than bright colors are happy, and dark are sad etc. With out being all up in your face saying YO, LOOK HOW HAPPY I AM!!... or a smile, but I know it's something I should learn to do eventually