00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twmimic001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Electronic EP #2! Get involved!

36,425 Views | 518 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-08 13:13:13

Song by Mau5 - whatever123 he called it, Melody is actully ripped from some orginal 90's track remeber it well beacuse its very classic song back then was an euroDance song ucould hear singer sing Its an music was repating like that with this melody. iwill find orginal and let u know ijust trying remeber the name of the song

Latest track :

Distance

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-08 14:13:24

At 9/8/09 01:13 PM, TerraNation wrote: Song by Mau5 - whatever123 he called it, Melody is actully ripped from some orginal 90's track remeber it well beacuse its very classic song back then was an euroDance song ucould hear singer sing Its an music was repating like that with this melody. iwill find orginal and let u know ijust trying remeber the name of the song

Hey that is a serieus acquisition your making. By saying something like that you might disqualify him for no Reason.

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-08 15:27:05

At 9/8/09 02:13 PM, YouriX wrote:
Hey that is a serieus acquisition your making. By saying something like that you might disqualify him for no Reason.

Depends. If the melody was obviously taken from a popular song with out reference or credit, then that's plagiarism. The problem with melody is that you really only have 12 tones to be creative with so repeating themes within genres are bound to crop up all the time. I've said it before but I'm not sure if I said it here on newgrounds. Creativity is a lie. A more honest synonym for creativity is self exploration.

Commence flaming.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-08 16:36:17

At 9/8/09 03:27 PM, Quarl wrote:
Commence flaming.

You called?
All jokes aside, that's one jolly long list. I'd better hurry then i suspose.
So.. Choice is now to upload the awesome intro or the chorus.. blaah.
For my first entry to, well anything, i want it to be good :p.

Ps. It's coming soon

BBS Signature

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-08 17:14:37

At 9/8/09 04:36 PM, FlamingFirebolt wrote:
At 9/8/09 03:27 PM, Quarl wrote:
Commence flaming.
You called?
All jokes aside, that's one jolly long list. I'd better hurry then i suspose.
So.. Choice is now to upload the awesome intro or the chorus.. blaah.
For my first entry to, well anything, i want it to be good :p.
Ps. It's coming soon

I'm expecting something epic, since we're "Rivals" as you put it on msn.

Do not disappoint :P

www.myspace.com/aeliasmn for must up to date tracks. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-08 18:19:21

yeah, I was gonna say, there are a ton of subs. I'm curious why we aren't seeing anything from any of the bigger names like cnb, paragon or bounc3 though. It's probably be really good exposure for the album if someone could convince one of them to make an exclusive track for the cd.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-08 18:21:20

At 9/8/09 06:19 PM, Quarl wrote: It's probably be

Grammur :D :D

quarl BandCamp

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-08 18:23:02

At 9/8/09 06:19 PM, Quarl wrote: yeah, I was gonna say, there are a ton of subs. I'm curious why we aren't seeing anything from any of the bigger names like cnb, paragon or bounc3 though. It's probably be really good exposure for the album if someone could convince one of them to make an exclusive track for the cd.

Still more then 2 weeks to go, its best to post during the last week, so you know who's the competition.

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-08 18:27:02

At 9/8/09 06:19 PM, Quarl wrote: yeah, I was gonna say, there are a ton of subs. I'm curious why we aren't seeing anything from any of the bigger names like cnb, paragon or bounc3 though. It's probably be really good exposure for the album if someone could convince one of them to make an exclusive track for the cd.

I spoke to B0UNC3 earlier and he said he was considering, but it hinged upon if he could get something done in time.

ParagonX9 hasn't posted in the forums in like half a year.

I know some of the more up-and-coming artists will be submitting stuff closer to the deadline.

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-08 19:04:00

So I've been nixed from the eligibility list? Shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-08 20:47:15

On the contrary, it gives "underdog" artists on NG to get noticed in the community.

Not that theres anything wrong with submissions from artists who are already big here, but it gives the next joe musician a little attention. If anything, there should be a mix of big and small names on the album so there can be more variety.

I mean, from these submissions alone I've found a couple great artists who definitely should be recognized more often.

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-08 22:06:33

At 9/8/09 08:47 PM, KgZ wrote:
On the contrary, it gives "underdog" artists on NG to get noticed in the community.

Not that theres anything wrong with submissions from artists who are already big here, but it gives the next joe musician a little attention. If anything, there should be a mix of big and small names on the album so there can be more variety.

I mean, from these submissions alone I've found a couple great artists who definitely should be recognized more often.

I agree. I think that if no more submissions made their way on to this list, that you could easilly put out a 10-15 song CD of quality. And to say there are no big names, Envy, and F-777 are both on the list, and there's also a few people that were on last year's EP that re-applied. I think it'll be a great CD when it's finished, and reguardless if I make it on or not, I'm going to order a copy, and it probably won't leave my car's CD player for a week.

BBS Signature

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 09:47:57

IM A BIG NAME.

Wait, no I'm not.

www.myspace.com/aeliasmn for must up to date tracks. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 10:35:03

I agree. I think that if no more submissions made their way on to this list, that you could easilly put out a 10-15 song CD of quality. And to say there are no big names, Envy, and F-777 are both on the list, and there's also a few people that were on last year's EP that re-applied. I think it'll be a great CD when it's finished, and reguardless if I make it on or not, I'm going to order a copy, and it probably won't leave my car's CD player for a week.

Yeah the underdogs on NG do need some more exposer so im thinking. Why not make a double album?
Maybe not now ofcourse, but for future projects. That gives more room for other artists who want to be exposed.

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 10:55:54

You guys are missing the point. Better established artists have a greater fan base and can attract more attention to a project. While it would be ideal to fill up an entire cd with lesser established artists, the odds of selling your tracks will increase if more people end up looking at a project.

Lets look at a hypothetical situation. PX9 only submitted one song back in 07. To this day it has over 57,000 downloads and 395,929 listens. Look at your latest track. Compare the amount of downloads px9 had on that one song to the amount of downloads you've accumulated in total for all of your songs. I'd be damn well impressed if you had even half the number of downloads that one song has.

Fact: working with bigger names will help you out in the long run in terms of what it can do for exposure. It sucks to sacrifice space on a project for people that might not necessarily "need the exposure as much," but when it comes right down to it I really doubt amateur producers need commercial exposure.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 10:56:48

At 9/8/09 02:13 PM, YouriX wrote:
At 9/8/09 01:13 PM, TerraNation wrote: Song by Mau5 - whatever123 he called it, Melody is actully ripped from some orginal 90's track remeber it well beacuse its very classic song back then was an euroDance song ucould hear singer sing Its an music was repating like that with this melody. iwill find orginal and let u know ijust trying remeber the name of the song

Yeye but you dont wanna mess with copyright, Idon charge him iam honestly, Any records would reconize this sound. And if this CD was finished an this track had been with it, YOU dont wanna know what it will happend and you dont wanna be there either.

Latest track :

Distance

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 11:00:30

I decided to upload a the clip
Here's my entry.

I hope you like it :D

BBS Signature

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 11:08:03

Here is he melody if you dont trust me ..
Cappella - U Got 2 Let The Music Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkqkI4huZ mw

Latest track :

Distance

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 11:12:15

At 9/9/09 10:55 AM, Quarl wrote:

True, hence the reason i suggested a double album giving other artist a break. But i do understand your piont of view. If well know artists with bigger fanbase enter the album, there fans will most likley buy it. This can come to my advantage if my song makes it into the album. But, by making a double album more artists who are actually good gets a piece of the pie. Plus there is also a chance that they also have a reasonble fanbase. My fanbase isnt really that bad i have 72 people who added me at there fav. artist list and it increases everytime i upload a new song.
So its pretty much a win win for everbody ;)

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 11:17:25

At 9/9/09 11:08 AM, TerraNation wrote: Here is he melody if you dont trust me ..
Cappella - U Got 2 Let The Music Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkqkI4huZ mw

SHIT!! you where right!
I take my words back :P

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 11:27:15

Not to rage against the established rules, but I'm starting to notice a bit of hypocrisy amongst the ultimatum of who can no longer be found eligible. At least be understandable and not a stick in the ass, lest Karma comes back. I really don't feel like having to submit under a different name.

BBS Signature

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 11:31:44

I mean it's not like I submitted a different piece, it was the same song.. I just needed to delete it due to a corrupt file and get a fresh upload, I didn't even think twice about someone being a hard ass for simply changing the "ID".

BBS Signature

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 13:46:44

At 9/9/09 11:31 AM, Cross666 wrote: I mean it's not like I submitted a different piece, it was the same song.. I just needed to delete it due to a corrupt file and get a fresh upload, I didn't even think twice about someone being a hard ass for simply changing the "ID".

Oh, well you should have made that more clear. My apologies. You see, I was under the impression you were in the same boat as the hooligans who changed their songs for no reason, but a corrupt file thing is totally out of your control.

My bad - i'll add your "Punching Your Db" as an exception on the next update.

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 13:58:57

At 9/9/09 11:08 AM, TerraNation wrote: Here is he melody if you dont trust me ..

Thanks for the heads up!

Looks like the cat got the mau5.

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 14:33:25

At 9/9/09 10:55 AM, Quarl wrote: You guys are missing the point. Better established artists have a greater fan base and can attract more attention to a project. While it would be ideal to fill up an entire cd with lesser established artists, the odds of selling your tracks will increase if more people end up looking at a project.

Lets look at a hypothetical situation. PX9 only submitted one song back in 07. To this day it has over 57,000 downloads and 395,929 listens. Look at your latest track. Compare the amount of downloads px9 had on that one song to the amount of downloads you've accumulated in total for all of your songs. I'd be damn well impressed if you had even half the number of downloads that one song has.

Fact: working with bigger names will help you out in the long run in terms of what it can do for exposure. It sucks to sacrifice space on a project for people that might not necessarily "need the exposure as much," but when it comes right down to it I really doubt amateur producers need commercial exposure.

Oh I agree with you, big names help. But I think when you have a mix, it gives people a bit of fresh air and something they've never heard of before, which is crucial in an album- you don't want it to be too predictable.

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 14:44:30

Yea my bad for not being clear on that, much much much appreciated.

BBS Signature

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 17:33:10

I'd like to submit a demo. yes, I uploaded it today, but before I found this thread. So I figured I would submit it as I could improve this song some. (especially for this)

ill definately keep track of this EP!

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 19:01:16

Does anyone read anymore? The rules specifically state that you need to submit a 30s-to 1 minute demo, with some exceptions of over a minute. That song won't be accepted.

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 19:15:14

At 9/9/09 07:01 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: Does anyone read anymore? The rules specifically state that you need to submit a 30s-to 1 minute demo, with some exceptions of over a minute. That song won't be accepted.

Hasn't anyone told you NOT to help the competition. ;)
I kid though, I do see alot of full songs, and people not reading the first post. People need to slow down.

On another note I'm restructuring my song for a third time.... MUST BE PERFECT. So if I hate my submission you'll know why.

Response to Electronic EP #2! Get involved! 2009-09-09 22:13:31

im not gonna lie, for all these epic trance/dance/house songs... people need to find different chord patterns. its kinda killing me right now listening to all the subs, regardless of how well they're produced, when you feel that they all mesh together into a musical blob when you listen to them back to back... haha. i guess it's a pet peeve, but just throwing that out there.