New Topic Respond to this Topic
ChonkoMonko
ChonkoMonko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 08:21 AM Reply

I was talking to these gay people and they called each other fags.

That's not right, hearing a word like that coming out of a homo is an injustice to society. Fag is a word meant to be used by straight people towards gay people, or even other straight people. If a gay person says "fag" then society is taking a step backwards, to medieval times.

It's like the n-word, but reversed. I don't drop the n bomb because it's not right, but a black person can say it whenever he wants.

Got that, fags? Don't say it unless you are straight.

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 08:29 AM Reply

So you're encouraging homophobia???

Newgrounds Anthology? 20,000 Word Max. [Submit]

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Braedon
Braedon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 08:30 AM Reply

What... the... hell?

I'm going to assume you're joking.

ChonkoMonko
ChonkoMonko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 08:31 AM Reply

At 8/19/09 08:29 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: So you're encouraging homophobia???

Homophobia is fear of gay people.

This has nothing to do with that. What I'm encouraging is proper word usage. I'm like a human dictionary. You can say fag and not have a problem with gays. I do it all the time.

BBS Signature
Armour
Armour
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Filmmaker
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 08:33 AM Reply

Average day on newgrounds, And on the lfet here you will see some Douche bag Encouraging Homophobia...now if you walk forward you will see Tom Fulp saying " Fuck this place "....Now on the right here....

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 08:35 AM Reply

^ Kaywire, are you 12? ^

At 8/19/09 08:31 AM, ChonkoMonko wrote: This has nothing to do with that. What I'm encouraging is proper word usage. I'm like a human dictionary. You can say fag and not have a problem with gays. I do it all the time.

Then you're ignoring the connotation of the word and the fact that its an insult. If you're not homophobic, you're at least a bigot for doing so.

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 08:39 AM Reply

At 8/19/09 08:21 AM, ChonkoMonko wrote: ..

You are no longer allowed to use the term 'ignorant douche', as it is our word for describing your people.

This is filler text.
The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature
ChonkoMonko
ChonkoMonko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 08:41 AM Reply

It's an insult if you use it as an insult. But today people use the word fag to describe things that have nothing to do with homosexuality.

For example:
Person 1: "They charged me thirty bucks for the car wash!"
Person 2: "What a bunch of fags!"

They're not actually gay, they're just being called fags. Fag has transformed from its original meaning. But even though it has done so, that doesn't give people the right to use it. Black people say the n word with an "a" at the end instead of "er" but you don't see white people walking around saying it.

BBS Signature
Armour
Armour
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Filmmaker
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 08:41 AM Reply

At 8/19/09 08:35 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: ^ Kaywire, are you 12? ^

What make you say that ?

If its the bad spelling my first language isnt English...so yea XD

But if its the Crapy post then...its just me, Oh yea that how i roll.

Reckon
Reckon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 09:01 AM Reply

Wait, whut?

http://www.neobux.com/?r=Ezikeil85

Please signup under me. It's win-win, you earn, I earn. Finally something to pay for all your "special" internet needs.

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 09:09 AM Reply

At 8/19/09 08:41 AM, ChonkoMonko wrote: They're not actually gay, they're just being called fags. Fag has transformed from its original meaning. But even though it has done so, that doesn't give people the right to use it. Black people say the n word with an "a" at the end instead of "er" but you don't see white people walking around saying it.

So you're saying that the word is used to describe gay people, but when someone rips you off you can call them a fag and its ok. Don't you see that you are clearly and utterly related the negative behavior to something a 'fag' or gay person would do?

That's like saying that when you get a bad deal the guy is "jewing" you out of your money.

Neither is appropriate and you're clearly missing the connotation and underlying context of the situations you are presenting. Its one of the reasons we generally don't allow the word to be used on these boards, and one of the reasons I'm probably going to end up locking this...

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 09:20 AM Reply

When British people use it, they're talking about cigarettes :P

SKS
SKS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 09:22 AM Reply

I'd have to agree with GumOnShoe here. Yet, I am guilty of calling things gay or someone a fag. Will I change, maybe? Doubt it. When I use it, it is a lax environment with others using it.

BBS Signature
TiredPaperBoy
TiredPaperBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 09:28 AM Reply

What a stupid thing to whine about.

You gonna go out and persuade every gay guy to use correct english because it somehow annoys you?

Shut up.

*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...
General Forum
The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature
ChonkoMonko
ChonkoMonko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 09:38 AM Reply

At 8/19/09 09:09 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: So you're saying that the word is used to describe gay people, but when someone rips you off you can call them a fag and its ok. Don't you see that you are clearly and utterly related the negative behavior to something a 'fag' or gay person would do?

That's like saying that when you get a bad deal the guy is "jewing" you out of your money.

Neither is appropriate and you're clearly missing the connotation and underlying context of the situations you are presenting. Its one of the reasons we generally don't allow the word to be used on these boards, and one of the reasons I'm probably going to end up locking this...

Well it's true. Tons of people use the word fag nowadays for things that have absolutely nothing to do with being gay.

Also it's different than saying you were "jewed" out of your money. If you say you were jewed out of your money then you are implying that you got ripped off, and thus implying that jews like to rip people off. If you say the guy is a fag because he ripped you off that has nothing at all to actually do with gay people, other than the fact that you used the word fag. There is no steriotype for gay people that says they are cheap or like to rip people off. Thus, if you use it in that sense there is nothing wrong with it.

At 8/19/09 09:28 AM, TiredPaperBoy wrote: What a stupid thing to whine about.

You gonna go out and persuade every gay guy to use correct english because it somehow annoys you?

Shut up.

I thought this was a humor message board? You're way too serious bro. Take a chill pill man, lighten up.

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 09:46 AM Reply

At 8/19/09 09:38 AM, ChonkoMonko wrote: Well it's true. Tons of people use the word fag nowadays for things that have absolutely nothing to do with being gay.

Also it's different than saying you were "jewed" out of your money. If you say you were jewed out of your money then you are implying that you got ripped off, and thus implying that jews like to rip people off. If you say the guy is a fag because he ripped you off that has nothing at all to actually do with gay people, other than the fact that you used the word fag. There is no steriotype for gay people that says they are cheap or like to rip people off. Thus, if you use it in that sense there is nothing wrong with it.

Whether the stereotype exists yet doesn't matter, the point is you are reinforcing the idea that being gay is somehow morally objectionable as its on the level with ripping people off for money. Stereotypes start somewhere. When you call someone a fag, and its main use in describing someone is to say they are gay, applying the word to other situations doesn't suddenly change the definition for everyone around you. People also use the word gay in a similar fashion where they say "Thats so gay", its the same thing. Gay doesn't suddenly mean stupid, it means they look down on gays or fags somewhere inside and that the use of the word is then meant to tie the two actions together. And anyone who doesn't make the connection is allowing someone else to make it, and at the very least being ignorant of the social implications of their verbiage.

At 8/19/09 09:28 AM, TiredPaperBoy wrote:
I thought this was a humor message board? You're way too serious bro. Take a chill pill man, lighten up.

I'm more serious than him atm. But, this board is for all sorts.

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
psychomilkman
psychomilkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 09:48 AM Reply

the fact that you yourself are partially a fag so shut up

Oh I'm bisexual so stfu newfag :D

thelittleemo is mai butt buddy ;D
96 bitter beings
Whose Line is it anyway?

BBS Signature
Spartan204
Spartan204
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 09:51 AM Reply

Whether he's kidding or not, this thread is still funny as hell.

Newgrounds | PM me for a forum signature

BBS Signature
ChonkoMonko
ChonkoMonko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 09:55 AM Reply

At 8/19/09 09:46 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: Whether the stereotype exists yet doesn't matter, the point is you are reinforcing the idea that being gay is somehow morally objectionable as its on the level with ripping people off for money. Stereotypes start somewhere. When you call someone a fag, and its main use in describing someone is to say they are gay, applying the word to other situations doesn't suddenly change the definition for everyone around you. People also use the word gay in a similar fashion where they say "Thats so gay", its the same thing. Gay doesn't suddenly mean stupid, it means they look down on gays or fags somewhere inside and that the use of the word is then meant to tie the two actions together. And anyone who doesn't make the connection is allowing someone else to make it, and at the very least being ignorant of the social implications of their verbiage.

You know what, I've never thought of it that way. I always thought that using the word fag is okay so long as I don't mean it negatively. I have friends who are gay after all, and I don't think of them any differently. But yeah, you're right. By saying fag someone else might think of it in a different way than I do.

But the word will never go away, right? I've got a solution.

The Chonko Monko Make The Word Fag Okay Movement. That's right everyone, we need to spread awareness about the word Fag. If everyone adopts the belief that using the word fag should no longer be connected to gay people, then everything will be okay. Maybe we can get rid of something pointless in grade school, like first grade math, and replace it with a course on this. That way, kids will be educated at a young age on the subject and will understand that Faggotry isn't such a bad thing after all!

Well at least you have a good comment about it. Just telling me to shut up won't actually get me to be quiet and doesn't provide anything to the conversation. Stupid comments like that shouldn't hit the "Post It" button.

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 10:18 AM Reply

At 8/19/09 09:55 AM, ChonkoMonko wrote: You know what, I've never thought of it that way. I always thought that using the word fag is okay so long as I don't mean it negatively. I have friends who are gay after all, and I don't think of them any differently. But yeah, you're right. By saying fag someone else might think of it in a different way than I do.

But the word will never go away, right? I've got a solution.

The Chonko Monko Make The Word Fag Okay Movement. That's right everyone, we need to spread awareness about the word Fag. If everyone adopts the belief that using the word fag should no longer be connected to gay people, then everything will be okay. Maybe we can get rid of something pointless in grade school, like first grade math, and replace it with a course on this. That way, kids will be educated at a young age on the subject and will understand that Faggotry isn't such a bad thing after all!

Sarcasm... lol

I'm not blind to the fact that people aren't going to just change. Its a personal choice of mine to not use the word in the fashion you do and I've expressed why. I couldn't stop you from using it, but as long as there's a portion of people who use Fag to insult gay people and take them down, using the word in other fashions doesn't really help anyone and occasionally it hurts people.

But yeah, its unrealistic to believe this would change anything. Don't know how else I'm really supposed to respond to that though...

Well at least you have a good comment about it. Just telling me to shut up won't actually get me to be quiet and doesn't provide anything to the conversation. Stupid comments like that shouldn't hit the "Post It" button.

Well yeah, but occasionally you have to let people show their stupidity. So long as its not derailing the conversation, its enlightening...

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
zee666
zee666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 10:21 AM Reply

Wow you're inbred.

Like my cig? Hah!

BBS Signature
pizza4ever
pizza4ever
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 10:22 AM Reply

actually no.

a fag is the old english term for a cigerette.

deal with it.

Pizza4ever

BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 10:51 AM Reply

At 8/19/09 10:22 AM, pizza4ever wrote: a fag is the old english term for a cigerette.

actually, Fag is a slang term for cigerette.

in reality Fag was originally a term for a Stick.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Funny-Man
Funny-Man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Artist
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 10:53 AM Reply

I only call my boyfriend a fag during rough sex.

Sex Drive ftw?

NO NO! Cut the GREEN Wire!

BBS Signature
Fancyman
Fancyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 11:14 AM Reply

You fags totally need to think B4 you speak.

BBS Signature
Buffalow
Buffalow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 11:25 AM Reply

I am severely disappointed.

Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature
Letiger
Letiger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 12:23 PM Reply

thats bad

BBS Signature
Drake
Drake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Audiophile
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 12:31 PM Reply

Anyone can use a word, just certain people can use it without getting in trouble for it. Deal with it or continue to be an asshole towards the homosexual.

ceb @ twitter | Jerkcity, est. 1998 | Tateos is a cool guy.

BBS Signature
Sonicx22
Sonicx22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 12:34 PM Reply

Im not straight for saying that word yet!

Super sonic

BBS Signature
Letiger
Letiger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Hey! That's Our Word! Aug. 19th, 2009 @ 12:35 PM Reply

At 8/19/09 12:31 PM, ChocEliteBar wrote: Anyone can use a word, just certain people can use it without getting in trouble for it. Deal with it or continue to be an asshole towards the homosexual.

is pisses me off that black peopel can say ni***er but no one else can ANYWHERE withought getting in trouble

BBS Signature