00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mcd410 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle?

7,095 Views | 113 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-17 17:38:51

At 8/17/09 03:50 PM, SolidElectro wrote:
At 8/17/09 03:44 PM, Skela wrote: how about you make this EU vs US instead? that would even things out.
Sounds like a fair idea. I mean, the people who make dnb arent just influenced by their own country's music (we've moved past the 90's now its the age of the internets.)

Well I never said anything about being influenced by people's countries' music, but EU vs. US is a great idea. However, Russia's not in the EU, and it wouldn't hurt to open it up more, so how about Europe vs. North America?

#1286129 // soundcloud.com/1shibumi

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-17 18:20:42

ok i'm down for the uk team :D
bring it, planet earth

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-17 21:40:42

Ok, I won't set up the rules until after I get a definite list of participants. Here's the updated list:

North America

Ackute
IZK
DJ-Chilvan

Europe

Para
Skela
la-yinn
AlexCo
MrSaint
Stan-SB

and Alchemist94 is left over... so if you could tell me what team you're on, that would help. As you can see, we need more people on the North America side now... go tell people!
Also, since there are 6 people on the Europe team we could do it this way - 2 songs per team, 3 people per song. So we need 2 or 3 more people for North America to get this started!

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 11:34:03

At 8/17/09 09:40 PM, boney-man wrote: Ok, I won't set up the rules until after I get a definite list of participants. Here's the updated list:

North America

Ackute
IZK
DJ-Chilvan

Europe

Para
Skela
la-yinn
AlexCo
MrSaint
Stan-SB

and Alchemist94 is left over... so if you could tell me what team you're on, that would help. As you can see, we need more people on the North America side now... go tell people!
Also, since there are 6 people on the Europe team we could do it this way - 2 songs per team, 3 people per song. So we need 2 or 3 more people for North America to get this started!

Awesome! Come on, people! :D Join up! This is going to be awesome! I have a good 14 second drum loop prepared :3 Let's get it ooooonnnnnn!!!

~[IZK]

Time to get serious. THE HEAVY BASSLINE APPROACH-ETH!!! (Song Posted! Just click the signature!)

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 12:50:53

Good news - cornandbeans joined the North America side! Now I'll PM Alchemist94 to see where he's from... but we still need more people from North America!

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 12:57:15

At 8/18/09 12:50 PM, boney-man wrote: Good news - cornandbeans joined the North America side! Now I'll PM Alchemist94 to see where he's from... but we still need more people from North America!

You do know this'll jsut turn out to be a cornandbeans vs. Koriigahn fight.

I know what they're like. C:

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 13:06:32

At 8/18/09 12:57 PM, AlexCo wrote:
At 8/18/09 12:50 PM, boney-man wrote: Good news - cornandbeans joined the North America side! Now I'll PM Alchemist94 to see where he's from... but we still need more people from North America!

Shit, you may be right lol. This is gunna be fierce...

~[IZK]

Time to get serious. THE HEAVY BASSLINE APPROACH-ETH!!! (Song Posted! Just click the signature!)

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 13:28:01

Well yeah, but not too much since it's a collab, and anyway both teams make two songs if we get 6 people per team. Just make sure they don't take over the song lol

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 13:33:26

Hellz naw, dawg. I got a siiiick track in the making.

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 14:27:19

At 8/18/09 01:33 PM, la-yinn wrote: Hellz naw, dawg. I got a siiiick track in the making.

Oh, sexy.

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 15:11:17

At 8/18/09 01:33 PM, la-yinn wrote:

Hellz naw, dawg. I got a siiiick track in the making.

Share your wealth, my good man :)

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 16:52:12

At 8/17/09 06:20 PM, Stan-SB wrote: ok i'm down for the uk team :D
bring it, planet earth

You kidding? It's fucking on now. Sign me up.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 16:59:18

At 8/18/09 04:56 PM, astheashesdecay wrote: is it too late to join the uk team?

if not then, i want in plz

Actually we were planning on having this UK Six vs NA 6. We need a few more for the NA team :/

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 17:03:27

Sign me up sign me up sign me up sign me up.

north america.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 17:54:23

I'm American..

I MAKE GOOD MUSIC< RITE?

Ok.

www.myspace.com/aeliasmn for must up to date tracks. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 18:58:38

At 8/18/09 05:03 PM, Quarl wrote: Sign me up sign me up sign me up sign me up.

north america.

this is getting interesting :D

just one thing, how does the team collaboration work? because we dont all have the same software its gonna get complicated, prersonally i think a mix of all the tracks from one team and a mix from the other would be better, then there's no artistic differences to sort out, a collaboration of a team that size is just gonna get very territorial and people are gonna feel like they didnt have enough to do with it. either that or make it a monthly knock out king of dnb competition, just think that would be easier to manage and very fun for all and would be interesting to see what people come out with when pressured into finishing a song each month (or face disqualification).

if not...

UK DNB FTW XD

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 19:01:04

I'd be glad to represent Canada or something.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 19:11:56

At 8/18/09 06:58 PM, Stan-SB wrote: purrrr

I was thinking about that actually. A mix is the most appropriate way to attack it but I digress a bit. Maybe it would be interesting to see how the different hemispheres handle the collab situation. I think once teams are settled it might be a good idea to take this to two separate threads like they did a while back with the aura collabs.

At 8/18/09 07:01 PM, Rig wrote: I'd be glad to represent Canada or something.

north america :3

quarl BandCamp

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 22:15:15

Yess... I was beginning to think this wouldn't take off. Thanks for the interest guys. To address some concerns first:
Stan, I don't think it matters that we don't all have the same software... you could always send wavs or ideas back and forth. For example, let's say you have 3 people, one with Reason, one with Cubase, and one with FL. you guys could all make parts and then send it to somebody to put together into a final track. Personally I think it'd be cooler to see everybody's ideas go into 1 track, rather than making a mix. And I know the teams are pretty big, so you guys could split up into two sub-teams, and make 2 tracks total, with 3 people per track. It would be cool to make this monthly lol... maybe :D
And Quarl, yeah I think it'd be cool to see such long-distance collabs with so many people. Also, I think making a thread for each team once we get it sorted out would be a good idea - as long as those Europeans don't look at our thread for ideas >:( lol

So now that I've addressed that, here's the updated list of participants:

North America

Ackute
IZK
DJ-Chilvan
Cornandbeans
Quarl
Rig

Europe

Para
Skela
la-yinn
AlexCo
MrSaint
Stan-SB

I guess I'm leaving out Alchemist94 because he hasn't gotten back to me... and I also hate to leave out Mid-Night and astheashesdecay, but if we do another one of these, which we definitely should in the future, we'll definitely include you guys. However, some people might drop out, so keep watching, because you could take their place. MrSaint hasn't been here in a while, so if he isn't coming back, you could take his place, astheashesdecay.

Can we get this going now? :D

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 22:44:03

Can we get this going now? :D

Mister rig. If'n you're sure about jumping on, want to start things off with a NA hemisphere DNB thread? I'd do it myself but I feel like your better at breaking the ice. Besides, ctsg? I remember that shit. You did a really good job at sticking through that one.

I nominate you American Hemisphere thread captain.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 23:35:53

Wait... you quoted me... are you talking to me or Rig?

I don't wanna be all bossy, but I started the battle, and Rig gets to be our captain lol o_O

whatever as long as we get this going! plus, Rig is cool anyway!

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-18 23:46:06

I quoted you in response to the idea of getting things started, but that post was directed at rig. And yeah, the sooner we get things started the better... I'd hate to jump into thread making before both teams have a designated thread starter. This way we can all start on the same day... also, since it's a comp, and end date should be proposed relative to the start date.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-19 00:00:49

ok, can we make the starting date officially the 20th? I've got some work I need to finish up tomorrow... but I should be good after that. so that gives everyone a day to get all their ideas together before we start this.

do you think a month is long enough for the whole thing?

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-19 00:09:13

Too many electronic innovators came from the UK.

I'm sure the US has something, but I still haven't found our own innovations.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-19 00:31:46

Im thinking about it, if team USA does liquid/ intelligent DnB then count me out, im more chaotic in my dnb :3

i make music and stuff, i guess

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-19 00:35:05

For some reason I thought this was about real signed artists, which would then be against the rules.

In that case I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-19 00:56:41

If any room pops up on the US side I'd be happy to burn out some eurotrash with the murderation sound vibes >:I

he said with his tongue firmly in his cheek

a

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-19 01:53:12

I wanna jump in. There has to be a place open...

by the way im american

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-19 09:45:47

At 8/19/09 12:56 AM, Triskele wrote: If any room pops up on the US side I'd be happy to burn out some eurotrash with the murderation sound vibes >:I

he said with his tongue firmly in his cheek

Now now, don't be so feisty. This is all in good sport and competition. There's no need for that kind of language here :3

BBS Signature

Response to Us Vs Uk Dnb Battle? 2009-08-19 09:46:55

At 8/19/09 01:53 AM, Spikrodd wrote: I wanna jump in. There has to be a place open...
by the way im american

It's full so far, but if any openings come up, then Boney-Man will let you know the next time he posts, so stay tuned!

BBS Signature