Death penalty

• 48 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Death penalty 2009-08-15 01:48:58 Reply

Has anyone else notice, how we kill people to show people who kill people that killing people is wrong?

tweekee
tweekee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 01:50:51 Reply

I believe in an Eye for an Eye, so that seems reasonable to me.

America. WERE GOING TO THE MOON BITCHES.

Pro:What! This is madness!! Noob:madness? No,THIS IS NOOBIA!!*pwned*
its about funny cats.
For help, press 1. To learn why I'm standing in your house with a Shotgun, press 2.

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 01:51:45 Reply

It's to show people who kill people that if you kill people, people kill you.

Gamer4Life12345
Gamer4Life12345
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 01:52:26 Reply

Hmm, never really noticed that. But yeah, that is quite interesting. Not a very good impression on the world.

What are you looking at foo?

Struggle
Struggle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 01:52:46 Reply

A life sentence is kind of resources in my opinion.
Like food and space and shtuff.
But i can see the morality of it or why people would be against the death sentence.

Another thing is that old saying "Kill one, save many" or whatever could deffinatly apply to serial killers and the likes who got the death sentence.

BBS Signature
Yourmomsuckedme
Yourmomsuckedme
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 01:54:39 Reply

We kill people who killed someone to teach them that killing is wrong because they shouldn't have killed them in the first place because it would be better than allowing them to stay in prison for the rest of their life because they will be kill due to a life sentence sometimes killing the killer is not allowed though

Translation of the above sentence with punctuation:

We give the death penalty to some murderers because a life sentence would just be a waste of money for the prison. There's no reason for somebody who committed an act worthy of a death sentence to be alive.

The real question here is what is a "worthy" enough of a crime to be announced as a death sentence.

BBS Signature
levusbevus
levusbevus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 01:55:26 Reply

At 8/15/09 01:51 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: It's to show people who kill people that if you kill people, people kill you.

God what a fucking mess, we're all killing eachother. The people who kill the killer will be killer. And the person that killed that person will get killed. It's an endless cycle.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature
Yourmomsuckedme
Yourmomsuckedme
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 01:57:38 Reply

At 8/15/09 01:50 AM, tweekee wrote: I believe in an Eye for an Eye, so that seems reasonable to me.

America. WERE GOING TO THE MOON BITCHES.

An eye for an eye turns the whole world pitch black.

If someone molested a little kid would it be fair if you just got the little kid to molest him back? No, because that sicko would probably be even happier.

BBS Signature
Kanon
Kanon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 01:59:26 Reply

me personally i believe the execution system is bullshit i think that your execution should be carried out only if you murdered someone and it should be the same way the victim was killed

(example: you stab someone in the chest, you should be stabbed in the chest
:you shoot someone in the head, you get shot in the head

i think if the execution system worked more like this that it would create less problems

PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 01:59:43 Reply

Its an endless paradox in human judgment. By taking it apon ourselves to chose who lives and who dies, we play god. We've accepted a bigger responsibility then we can handle.

X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:00:44 Reply

At 8/15/09 01:55 AM, levusbevus wrote:
At 8/15/09 01:51 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: It's to show people who kill people that if you kill people, people kill you.
God what a fucking mess, we're all killing eachother. The people who kill the killer will be killer. And the person that killed that person will get killed. It's an endless cycle.

Killing is neither sinful nor dishonorable, but it can be wasteful. When somebody performs a wasteful killing, they have to be killed themselves so that no other lives are to be wasted for trivial reasons.

But killing is only honorable when it is performed for the sake of others, to protect innocents. Any other time, it's just wasteful. The death penalty DOES save the lives of innocents, but it's a subtle action that can't be tracked. One murder being executed may prevent the creation of another murderer. Perhaps three, or a dozen. Nobody is certain.

BBS Signature
Aliensandwich
Aliensandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:01:57 Reply

It's a concept as old as civilization itself. Eye for an eye.

BBS Signature
Struggle
Struggle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:02:07 Reply

At 8/15/09 01:59 AM, 372 wrote: Its an endless paradox in human judgment. By taking it apon ourselves to chose who lives and who dies, we play god. We've accepted a bigger responsibility then we can handle.

Humans aren't really the only species that kills each other, though. At all.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:03:05 Reply

At 8/15/09 02:02 AM, Struggle wrote:
At 8/15/09 01:59 AM, 372 wrote: Its an endless paradox in human judgment. By taking it apon ourselves to chose who lives and who dies, we play god. We've accepted a bigger responsibility then we can handle.
Humans aren't really the only species that kills each other, though. At all.

We are in fact the only species who chooses which actions are punishable by death.

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:03:05 Reply

i'd personally rather die than rot in prison for the rest of my life

trakt|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Snake-Arsenic
Snake-Arsenic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:06:11 Reply

I believe the chance that even one innocent person could be executed making it murder is too great, especially when people have come pretty fucking close in the past, at least in the US.

DragonFyre9
DragonFyre9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:06:22 Reply

It is meant to stop people for killing since if they do. they will be killed. It's like people used to get their hand chopped off for stealing. I sure as hell wouldn't steal if I would lose a hand.

Abnormality
Abnormality
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:07:47 Reply

If you kill a killer, you have saved the people the killer would gave otherwise killed, you stupid fuck.

The Above Post Will Probably Contain NSFW Material.
Proceed With Extreme Caution.

Aliensandwich
Aliensandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:07:50 Reply

I hope you idiots realize that you have to REALLY fuck up to get the death penalty...

I understand you guys are still in the "fuck da police comin straight from da underground!" mentality, but the shit is overall pretty complex.

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:09:59 Reply

At 8/15/09 02:07 AM, Aliensandwich wrote: I hope you idiots realize that you have to REALLY fuck up to get the death penalty...

I understand you guys are still in the "fuck da police comin straight from da underground!" mentality, but the shit is overall pretty complex.

If there's even a small doubt they might not be guilty the death penalty usually isn't even considered .

BBS Signature
Abnormality
Abnormality
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:10:19 Reply

At 8/15/09 02:03 AM, 372 wrote:
At 8/15/09 02:02 AM, Struggle wrote:
We are in fact the only species who chooses which actions are punishable by death.

How do you know? Do you read animal's minds? I don't think so.

The Above Post Will Probably Contain NSFW Material.
Proceed With Extreme Caution.

X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:11:07 Reply

At 8/15/09 02:07 AM, Aliensandwich wrote: I hope you idiots realize that you have to REALLY fuck up to get the death penalty...

Still, it's better than this topic being handed to those assholes in the politics forum.

BBS Signature
BrainlessDan
BrainlessDan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:11:08 Reply

Its only right that you get your ass killed if you kill someone.

My opinions are so useless, I don't even listen to them.

BBS Signature
Sispri
Sispri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:12:09 Reply

I don't believe in corporal punishment. As long as a criminal is incarcerated then they are no longer a threat to society.

At the end of the day, how better are we if we stoop to the vicious, intentional slaughter of a fellow human being? It's very hypocritical and barbaric if you ask me.

Snake-Arsenic
Snake-Arsenic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:12:31 Reply

At 8/15/09 02:06 AM, DragonFyre9 wrote: It is meant to stop people for killing since if they do. they will be killed. It's like people used to get their hand chopped off for stealing. I sure as hell wouldn't steal if I would lose a hand.

Yeah but you don't seem to advocate chopping kids hands off for stealing a few sweets so why do you support the death penalty when someone could be put in prison for the rest of their natural life instead, removing them from society permanently and giving innocent people the chance to appeal.

At 8/15/09 02:07 AM, Abnormality wrote: If you kill a killer, you have saved the people the killer would gave otherwise killed, you stupid fuck.

Natural life sentence does this because there is no parole and the only way they leave prison is dead or from an appeal.

GoldenShuriken
GoldenShuriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:13:16 Reply

At 8/15/09 01:50 AM, tweekee wrote: I believe in an Eye for an Eye, so that seems reasonable to me.

I concur! Nothing in this world is better. Except for rape, rape is good.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:13:48 Reply

At 8/15/09 02:07 AM, Abnormality wrote: If you kill a killer, you have saved the people the killer would gave otherwise killed, you stupid fuck.

First of all, you obviously don't get the concept of the fact that if you kill a killer, you become a killer. You may mask them by calling them "Hero" but its all the same.
Second, I for one believe, humans go to jail. Animals get put down.

If you don't get what I mean by animals shut the fuck up and leave. Your not intelligent enough to have a worthwhile opinion.

Third, why are you insulting me? Although I'm only a teenager myself, I hate you idiots. You spew out profanity when ever you think somebody's opinion isn't correct. What you need is an attitude adjustment.

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:18:59 Reply

At 8/15/09 02:12 AM, Sispri wrote: I don't believe in corporal punishment. As long as a criminal is incarcerated then they are no longer a threat to society.

At the end of the day, how better are we if we stoop to the vicious, intentional slaughter of a fellow human being? It's very hypocritical and barbaric if you ask me.

Calling it slaughter is a bit misleading since we don't publicly hang/shoot criminals like they do in the middle east (at least not anymore). We inject them and they die as painlessly and as humanely as possible. And who cares if we're better or not than the criminal? It's not like we're killing innocents as they did.

If a spider bit you on the arm, you would probably kill it, right? It's the same concept. Except with humans. Anything that damages society, society kills.

BBS Signature
RHiiNO
RHiiNO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:25:41 Reply

Unless its right.

I'm not homo

BBS Signature
AndrewGlisson13
AndrewGlisson13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Death penalty 2009-08-15 02:26:03 Reply

At 8/15/09 02:13 AM, 372 wrote:
First of all, you obviously don't get the concept of the fact that if you kill a killer, you become a killer. You may mask them by calling them "Hero" but its all the same.

In that case, assassinating Hitler before the hollocaust started would be a bad thing, even though it would save over 6 million lives?

BBS Signature