New Topic Respond to this Topic
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 7th, 2011 @ 11:30 PM Reply

At 1/7/11 09:26 AM, EternitySpent wrote: Saints. Colts. Ravens. Packers.

All these games kind of seem like mismatches too me, GB/PHI excepted, not that one of the other 3 can't come up with an upset or anything; just that I feel it would actually be a substantial upset - rather than 2 evenly matched teams squaring off.

I don't really know why everyone on ESPN seems to fall in love with the Jets, considering that they lost 3 of their last 5 games, and Mark Sanchez is still vastly overrated. I can't see the Jets winning at all at Indy, Peyton Manning is still the QB for the Colts, they finally found a running game, and the Jets don't play very well on the road at all. People need to stop treating them like they are the reincarnation of the '85 Bears, and realize how fraudulent they really are.

As for the Ravens and Chiefs matchup, I really wanted to go with the Chiefs at home, but with an 0-3 home playoff record since 1994, and Baltimore winning so many playoff games on the road, I had to go with the Ravens.

Saints and the Seahawks, this one is a joke, enough said.

The reason why I picked the Eagles over Green Bay is because I don't believe Rodgers will get it done when it matters most. Their defense may make it close, but with no running game to speak of, the Packers aren't really that threating to anyone else, not to mention they'll be on the road throughout the playoffs, and they have a piss poor record on the road.

Though a Jets loss and a Ravens win, would secure Ravens-Patriots round 2, which would probably be epic.

Technically, it would be Ravens-Patriots Round 3, considering the regular season matchup that the Pats won in overtime. This time, I can't imagine that the Ravens would beat down the Patriots at all, if anything, the Patriots could easily drop at least 38 on Baltimore's D, given the chance. Considering how much they carved up the rest of the league, the rest of the AFC teams aren't as scary as most people want to imagine.

Steelers can't win in New England, nor can they even keep up on the offensive side of the ball.

The Patriots would surely remember last year's beatdown at the hands of the Ravens, you better believe they're going to get some payback for that.

Last time the Jets went to New England, they got slaugtered 45-3, I don't think it's going to be any different if they do get this far.

Colts are too banged up to stand with the Patriots toe to toe on either side of the ball.

The Chiefs may have the best shot to defeat New England, with their running game and Matt Cassel, but I don't think they'll ever get that chance.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 7th, 2011 @ 11:40 PM Reply

The Aggies started out great, but haven't really done much since the first quarter. The turnovers really killed them. I'm hoping they win, but it's going to be difficult when they are down by 14 in the 4th.

Here's my picks for the entire playoffs to show how wrong I am in February.

At 1/6/11 11:00 PM, reverend wrote: Wild Card Picks
Saturday:
NYJ @ IND - Colts
NO @ SEA - Saints
Sunday:
BAL @ KC - Chiefs
GB @ PHI - Packers

AFC Divisional:
2 Pittsburgh <---
3 Indianapolis

1 New England <---
4 Kansas City

NFC Divisional
1 Atlanta
6 Green Bay <---

2 Chicago <---
5 New Orleans
---
AFC Championship
Pittsburgh
New England <---

NFC Championship
Green Bay
Chicago <---
---
Super Bowl
Chicago
New England <---

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 8th, 2011 @ 11:10 AM Reply

Saturday:

NYJ @ IND

Colts

NO @ SEA

Saints

Sunday:

BAL @ KC

Ravens

GB @ PHI

Packers

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 8th, 2011 @ 04:50 PM Reply

Well had a strong finish for the end of the season which is pretty good. And my picks are running alittle late this time around cause have been sick. But here they are:

NYJ @ IND - Colts
NO @ SEA - Saints

Sunday:

BAL @ KC - Baltimore
GB @ PHI - Eagles

Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 8th, 2011 @ 06:44 PM Reply

Last year's Super Bowl Champions are losing 31 to 20 to the team that has the worst regular-season record (7-9) of any Playoff Team in history. Only in America...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 8th, 2011 @ 08:17 PM Reply

At 1/8/11 06:44 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Last year's Super Bowl Champions are losing 31 to 20 to the team that has the worst regular-season record (7-9) of any Playoff Team in history. Only in America...

Saints lost 41-36 to the 7-9 Seahawks, which proves that the Saints' Super Bowl win last year was largely a fluke. Something tells me that this is the 2010's version of the St. Louis Rams, who only won 1 Super Bowl, choked another one, and crashed and burned ever since.

Then again, this isn't the first time this season that the Saints played down to their competition, which is embrassing if you ask me.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 8th, 2011 @ 08:25 PM Reply

If the Colts lose this game, I'm going to lose it. I'll die laughing, really I will.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 8th, 2011 @ 09:03 PM Reply

The Saints should not be called a bad team for this loss at all, and their win was no fluke. The Seahawks earned this win more than anything else. Hasselbeck had a career game and that entire team buckled down and put on a great performance. At the end of the day a team with as much on their back as Seattle is a force of nature and you just can't win.

Let's hope they send Chicago home crying too so that the Bears can stop kidding themselves.

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 8th, 2011 @ 09:05 PM Reply

To be honest I'm not surprised that the Seahawks won. This Saints team wasn't all that good, having lost to the Cards and the Browns of all teams this season, as well as having to go on the road.

It's nice they won, but don't see them beating either the Bears or Falcons next week. Great run by Lynch; pity he didn't run like that for the Bills. :P

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Buddhist
Buddhist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 8th, 2011 @ 10:32 PM Reply

Marshawn Lynch.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 8th, 2011 @ 10:59 PM Reply

At 1/8/11 09:03 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: The Saints should not be called a bad team for this loss at all, and their win was no fluke.

Bad losses to the Browns and Cardinals, Drew Bress throwing over 20 picks and losing to a 7-9 team in the playoffs says otherwise. I know that they have 11 wins overall, but you just can't lose to a bad team like that, even at their place, and expect to be treated seriously.

The Seahawks earned this win more than anything else. Hasselbeck had a career game and that entire team buckled down and put on a great performance.

That may be, but at the same time, why did it take them so long to finally have that type of performance? I know Marshawn Lynch was overdue for a huge play, but other than that, the Saints had this game on a silver platter, and didn't capatialize when it mattered most.

At the end of the day a team with as much on their back as Seattle is a force of nature and you just can't win.

Calling Seattle a force of nature is like saying the sky is green and down is up, let's face the facts here, They are a bad team in a shitty division, and their luck is gonna run out very soon, As I said before, even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while.

Let's hope they send Chicago home crying too so that the Bears can stop kidding themselves.

I seriously hope you're kidding, Chicago is far better on defense than the Saints, and it is going to be at their house. I know that Jay Cutler is the most schizophentic QB in the league in terms of production, but to think that they can carve up the Bears D like they did with the Saints is laughable.

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 8th, 2011 @ 11:14 PM Reply

At 1/8/11 10:59 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 1/8/11 09:03 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
Bad losses to the Browns and Cardinals, Drew Bress throwing over 20 picks and losing to a 7-9 team in the playoffs says otherwise. I know that they have 11 wins overall, but you just can't lose to a bad team like that, even at their place, and expect to be treated seriously.

Patriots lost to the Browns also, so did the Ravens, but no you're right, they aren't threats at all. Each game is a new one, you can look back all you want but in the end the games of the past only give you an idea of what to expect, is it possible New Orleans were lax and let this one slip? Yes, as evident by their near comeback, but they were just as dangerous as any other team in the playoffs.

That may be, but at the same time, why did it take them so long to finally have that type of performance? I know Marshawn Lynch was overdue for a huge play, but other than that, the Saints had this game on a silver platter, and didn't capatialize when it mattered most.

Every team has these kinds of games, they've struggled with injuries among other things, but at the end of the day the Seahawks are a team that plays in the playoffs. If I remember correctly they've never had a first round bye since their Superbowl run or before it, but they win playoff games. That's just what seems to happen for the Seahawks.

Calling Seattle a force of nature is like saying the sky is green and down is up, let's face the facts here, They are a bad team in a shitty division, and their luck is gonna run out very soon, As I said before, even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while.

I meant they were in this game, they could easily falter for a number of reasons next week, but they proved that they are a legitimate threat. Seattle simply had more to play for in a sense, it's not that the Saints didn't care or anything, but Seattle wanted it more, and they proved it.

I seriously hope you're kidding, Chicago is far better on defense than the Saints, and it is going to be at their house. I know that Jay Cutler is the most schizophentic QB in the league in terms of production, but to think that they can carve up the Bears D like they did with the Saints is laughable.

They already beat them once this year, and counting a team entirely out of a game is far more laughable then anything I could suggest.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 8th, 2011 @ 11:22 PM Reply

At 1/8/11 08:25 PM, puddinN64 wrote: If the Colts lose this game, I'm going to lose it. I'll die laughing, really I will.

Hello, I regret to inform you that Puddinn64 passed away today at the end of the NFL game between the Colts and Jets. The cause of death was nonstop laughter at the fact that both Super Bowl teams from last year got eliminated from the playoffs in today's games. The funeral will be held during the Super Bowl.

Rex Ryan 4 teh win!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Spoopy
Spoopy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 8th, 2011 @ 11:28 PM Reply

At 1/8/11 11:22 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Rex Ryan 4 teh win!

Too bad the Jets will get stomped in New England.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 9th, 2011 @ 12:27 AM Reply

At 1/8/11 11:28 PM, Spoopy wrote:
At 1/8/11 11:22 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Rex Ryan 4 teh win!
Too bad the Jets will get stomped in New England.

Never say never. No one expected the Seahawks to be going onto next week's round and look what happened there...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 9th, 2011 @ 01:48 PM Reply

A great start to the play-offs this year, though frustratingly I can't watch any of the games as they aren't shown on terrestrial TV here in the UK. As a Broncos fan I obviously have to favour the underdogs, and as I can't stand the Patriots or Steelers I will be willing on absolutely anyone but them (the Colts would also have been in that list, but they did the decent thing and lost).

The only games we get here, besides the match at Wembley which is rather irrelevant now, are the Sunday night games. As such there are a few play-off teams I haven't seen at all this year (Falcons, Chiefs, Bears). By far the best teams I have seen, at least in the games that have been televised, are the Packers and Eagles, and it will be whichever of those two that wins that I will be rooting for, along with the rank outsiders (go Seahawks!).

Looking forward to the Super Bowl (I've not missed one for 10 years now, and that will be televised at least!), and hopefully a win for a team that hasn't been there for a few years.

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 9th, 2011 @ 02:06 PM Reply

Well, tomorrow is the day that I have been waiting for all my life. Auburn is going to get a chance to win the BCS title that will be our first in a very long while. After we got shammed and slammed out ending as #3 in 2004 I always thought that we need another shot at this and we got in this time.

Now, I just hope that we win.

one day...

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 9th, 2011 @ 03:27 PM Reply

Was really suprised at the Jets games last night , Thought the Colts would surely win but the Jets really pulled together and got the upset. On another note here is my version of what reverend posted:

AFC Divisional:
2 Pittsburgh <---
3 Indianapolis

1 New England <---
4 Kansas City

NFC Divisional
1 Atlanta <-----
6 Green Bay

2 Chicago <---
5 New Orleans
---
AFC Championship
Pittsburgh <-----
New England

NFC Championship
Atlanta <----
Chicago
---
Super Bowl
Pittsburgh <-----
Atlanta

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 9th, 2011 @ 09:04 PM Reply

So, Philadelphia lost to Green Bay. What a shame. I wanted to see Mike Vick redeem himself and make it to the top.

That puts my record for this weekend at 1-3. Not good, not good at all. Maybe I should quit the football predicting game...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 9th, 2011 @ 11:03 PM Reply

Even though I picked Philly, I wasn't really that surprised that Green Bay won at all. But I still don't believe they are getting any farther than the Divisional Round because they have a piecemeal running game, which you can't really get away with that beyond the first round.

Wow, The Chiefs got blown out of the water the way they did was a shock to me. I picked the Ravens to win, but it looked like KC gave up after the 2nd quarter, and didn't even bother to stop Baltimore on either side of the ball. Going 0-7 in the playoffs since 1994 is pretty painful, although the Chiefs are a young team with a lot to build on, it's obvious that they are not there yet, considering that beatdown laid upon them by the team that is named after a poem by the world's first emo, Edgar Allen Poe.

All of the Divisional Round games are going to be rematches of regular season games, most notably in the AFC where they are all divisional showdowns, {Steelers vs. Ravens & Patriots vs. Jets} which are much akin to boxing trilogies, {e.g. Ali vs. Frazier}.

The one I'm looking forward to would be the Seahawks vs. Bears, because it's going to be the matchup between the team that shouldn't be there vs. the Monsters of the Midway, even though I would expect that the Bears will blow out the Sea chickens easily.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 10th, 2011 @ 08:40 PM Reply

Is it too late to mention Aker's failures?

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 10th, 2011 @ 09:16 PM Reply

My prediction for the winner of tonight's BCS Championship Game:

American Football Discussion

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 10th, 2011 @ 10:28 PM Reply

At 1/10/11 09:16 PM, puddinN64 wrote: My prediction for the winner of tonight's BCS Championship Game:

Good man! I love Auburn so much and have been going to the games ever since I was a kid. I have been waiting for this moment my whole life and I sure do hope I don't get let down.

Half-time and Auburn is up. I hope that it stays that way.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 10th, 2011 @ 10:48 PM Reply

At 1/10/11 09:16 PM, puddinN64 wrote: My prediction for the winner of tonight's BCS Championship Game:

Now that's the best way to paint your team colors on your body, compared to the others I have seen before.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 10th, 2011 @ 11:02 PM Reply

At 1/10/11 10:48 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Now that's the best way to paint your team colors on your body, compared to the others I have seen before.

If I was going to bet on it, I'd say that looks like the chick just put stickers over her nipples. Not paint.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 11th, 2011 @ 12:23 AM Reply

Auburn won 22-19, with thanks to Dyer's run in the 4th quarter, when everything looked like it was in slow motion after the tackle.

I'm sure Cootie is partying with excitement in the streets of Auburn, Alabama right now.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 11th, 2011 @ 12:41 AM Reply

At 1/11/11 12:23 AM, orangebomb wrote:
I'm sure Cootie is partying with excitement in the streets of Auburn, Alabama right now.

Time to fucking party it up baby. I love Auburn and I love going to the town to play the games. I should get into my fucking car and go roll Toomer's Corner and party it up with my fellow tigers.

War Eagle!

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 11th, 2011 @ 01:06 AM Reply

Bowl Picks -- 35 out of 35
[ Rank ] [ W - L ] [ Win% ] [ User ]

>>>01 ] [ 22-13 ] [ .629 ] [ TheSongSalad ]
>>>02 ] [ 21-14 ] [ .600 ] [ illuminate ]
>>>03 ] [ 17-18 ] [ .486 ] [ Fro ]
>>>04 ] [ 14-21 ] [ .400 ] [ orangebomb ]
>>>05 ] [ 13-22 ] [ .371 ] [ Pandamir ]
>>>06 ] [ 11-24 ] [ .314 ] [ reverend ]

----

Congrats to TheSongSalad! Below is your .jpeg picture of a trophy.

gg Auburn. So much for the huge offensive shootout that everyone was expecting. And now we have eight months to listen Cootie to brag about Auburn and the SEC.

American Football Discussion

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 11th, 2011 @ 01:19 AM Reply

At 1/11/11 01:06 AM, reverend wrote: And now we have eight months to listen Cootie to brag about Auburn and the SEC.

Hey Rev! Did you hear about how awesome Auburn and the SEC is?

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Jan. 11th, 2011 @ 10:28 AM Reply

At 1/9/11 09:04 PM, puddinN64 wrote: That puts my record for this weekend at 1-3. Not good, not good at all. Maybe I should quit the football predicting game...

Yeah was a week full of suprises that for sure. And i'm right there with ya on the 1-3 record for the start of the playoffs which can't be good.

BBS Signature