New Topic Respond to this Topic
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-17 22:35:17 Reply

At 1/17/13 05:07 PM, TheKlown wrote: Will it affect Manti Te'o's career if he lied about girlfriend dying to try to get the Heisman award?

It will only affect him in terms of where he's drafted, and that all depends on how all this shakes out. Ultimately, if he does produce at the NFL level, then a lot of sins can be looked the other way, or at least played down to an extent. {just look at Vontaze Burfict as an example} but if not, then this will hover over him like a dark cloud, and the media can be pretty vicious when it comes to stuff like this.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-18 05:45:29 Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v07vIA-lpzA

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-18 13:54:04 Reply

At 1/18/13 12:55 PM, Travis wrote: Manti Te'o won't be shit in the NFL anyway.

Couldn't tackle Alabama players, won't be able to tackle NFL low-end backs.

You never know, he could improve and he could have had a lot on his mind before that game since he knew shit was about to come out about him .

Head-Full-Of-Acid
Head-Full-Of-Acid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-18 17:13:42 Reply

So right now, it looks like Manti is not affiliated with masterminding the hoax. I hope it's the truth, cause I hate imagining Manti faking a death right after his grandmother died.

I'm not quite sure about that. That was a particularly shitty performance from Manti, and paired with the information about his fake girlfiend floating in his head and the fact that the Alabama offensive line completely overpowered the Notre Dame defensive line, putting the linebackers out of position to make effective tackles, I don't think his experience in the NFL will merely be a continuation of that performance.

He has the right measurements for a linebacker in the NFL (6 ft 2/ 255lbs), and even though offensive lines in the NFL are much better at containment, he'll be assisted by exceptional defensive players. Is it likely he'll be a starting linebacker? That'll be dependent on his performance at the Combine, and the current linebacker roster for the team he's drafted by.

BBS Signature
Head-Full-Of-Acid
Head-Full-Of-Acid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-18 17:21:23 Reply

paired with the information about his fake girlfiend

^ obviously this is not known yet

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-18 18:24:21 Reply

I'm thinking the time is coming where NFL teams realize that they need to re-evalutate their needs at the Linebacker position. In my opinion Te'o is a little undersized and the Alabama game reasserted this concerns for me. Teams in the NFL are getting torn to pieces by mediocre Tight Ends because they don't have the tools to stop their sheer athleticism. The general attitude is that if you put a linebacker on a receiver you will get burned. I believe this much is going to change , it has to if teams want to stop the Pats, Saints, and others from shredding them for 30+ points week after week.

In this hypothetical future teams will be trying to employ linebackers who are quaterback height with enough speed to adequately cover the tight end. They'll probably work like an extra safety in a 3-4 scheme where they play over the middle alongside a more traditional linebacker. Te'o was noted this year for getting quite a lot of INTs for a linebacker so I would think that teams would like him in this capacity but the problem is that I don't think he is big enough to hang with NFL tight ends.

For a team like Buffalo that's desperate just to find a way to plug up the run I am skeptical he has the technique to put runners down, just look into 'Te'oing' for a better idea of why. I think he'll be a first round pick yet but I don't think he'll survive in what I believe is an inevitably changing landscape for NFL defense.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-18 23:21:41 Reply

My final picks have changed, I've thought about the possible out comes and I believe Falcons and Ravens will happen. Will this be the first all Birds Super Bowl if it happens? Will it be the first time in History that two South Jersey quarterbacks face off against each other if it happens?

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-18 23:35:26 Reply

At 1/18/13 11:21 PM, TheKlown wrote: My final picks have changed, I've thought about the possible out comes and I believe Falcons and Ravens will happen. Will this be the first all Birds Super Bowl if it happens? Will it be the first time in History that two South Jersey quarterbacks face off against each other if it happens?

If that happens then the Ravens wins and Ed Reed gets his ring.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-18 23:52:46 Reply

I'm starting to feel like Ray Lewis was innocent. Ray Lewis doesn't act anyhting like these crazy people like Manti Te'o, TO, or OJ Simpson. I think Ray Lewis was part of the wrong crowd and someone in his crew did kill those two people but I don't think it was Ray Lewis. Ray Lewis isn't acting all crazy like the Football players I've mentioned. I now deem the Legend Ray Lewis as innocent!

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-18 23:54:06 Reply

At 1/18/13 11:35 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: If that happens then the Ravens wins and Ed Reed gets his ring.

Don't know about that man, I feel The Falcons are a tough team. I feel that they're underrated, especially since most of FOOTBALL was on Seahawks balls before The Falcons beat them.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-19 00:05:39 Reply

At 1/18/13 11:54 PM, TheKlown wrote:
At 1/18/13 11:35 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: If that happens then the Ravens wins and Ed Reed gets his ring.
Don't know about that man, I feel The Falcons are a tough team. I feel that they're underrated, especially since most of FOOTBALL was on Seahawks balls before The Falcons beat them.

And the Falcons nearly found a way to lose the game after leading by 20 points, I wouldn't trust those guys. I would like them to win if the match up happens but I'm not going to bet on it.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-20 21:28:05 Reply

The Ravens will destroy the 49ers overrated terrible defense in the Superbowl. Crapanickel doesn't stand a chance against The Ravens defense. Joe Flacco will win his first Super Bowl!

chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-20 23:16:41 Reply

I hope so, he certainly deserves one for all that he has done for the Ravens over the years. Plus, Ray Lewis getting another ring in his last season of football will be great as well.

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-20 23:29:31 Reply

Anyone realize that The Ravens defense was kind of crappy during the regular season but when Playoffs came, that their defense looked insanely great the past 3 games while the past 2 games for the 49ers they've allowed their opponents to score almost 30 points in thos games. You can say that it was because 49ers played two high powerful offenses or maybe just maybe The Ravens are the better overall team.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 12:11:03 Reply

At 1/20/13 11:29 PM, TheKlown wrote: Anyone realize that The Ravens defense was kind of crappy during the regular season but when Playoffs came, that their defense looked insanely great the past 3 games while the past 2 games for the 49ers they've allowed their opponents to score almost 30 points in thos games. You can say that it was because 49ers played two high powerful offenses or maybe just maybe The Ravens are the better overall team.

Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs were hurt for most of the season and didn't return until when the season start to come to end. It is a good thing they return in time for the playoffs when they did.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 12:19:56 Reply

Who will get his first SB ring? Ed Reed or Randy Moss?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 14:52:27 Reply

At 1/21/13 12:19 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Who will get his first SB ring? Ed Reed or Randy Moss?

I think the Ravens have a good chance of pulling this one out. SF is the more talented team but the Ravens make things happen and they have experience SF doesn't. It could go either way though, tough game to call.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 17:33:25 Reply

At 1/21/13 12:19 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Who will get his first SB ring? Ed Reed or Randy Moss?

I'm going with Baltimore on this one. I think the Football Gods are going to let Lewis go out with a bang. They've been hinting at it for weeks now.

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 17:43:20 Reply

I got to go with Moss, San Francisco is a better team top to bottom, and the Ravens haven't faced a team that plays so physical in the playoffs. I'm still on the fence on who'll win it all, but this is the kind of game that could go either way, and to be honest, I kind of expect Joe Flacco to have a clunker game somewhere in the playoffs.

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 20:49:39 Reply

At 1/21/13 05:33 PM, ZJ wrote:
I'm going with Baltimore on this one. I think the Football Gods are going to let Lewis go out with a bang. They've been hinting at it for weeks now.

If Ravens win that means Ray Lewis is an innocent man. God would not let a murderer win the Super Bowl on the same year he plans on retiring. I was told by my best friend Jesus that God is a big Football fan.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 20:52:02 Reply

At 1/21/13 05:43 PM, orangebomb wrote: I kind of expect Joe Flacco to have a clunker game somewhere in the playoffs.

Joe Flacco and the Ravens will prove you wrong! No rookie team is taking out this experienced team!

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 20:54:31 Reply

At 1/21/13 08:49 PM, TheKlown wrote: If Ravens win that means Ray Lewis is an innocent man. God would not let a murderer win the Super Bowl on the same year he plans on retiring. I was told by my best friend Jesus that God is a big Football fan.

So I wonder what Tebow did this season to get God's wrath.

Anyways I'll take the Niners in the Superbowl and the AFC in the Pro Bowl.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 21:22:19 Reply

Why did Arizona get an awful Defensive Coordinator that was from the Philadelphia Eagles?

Todd Bowles is Trash, I completely agree with EDP. It wasn't coincidence that our defense turned to complete trash when we got rid of our good defensive coordinator for Todd Bowles. Why would Arizona want this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UTARCoRiâEU¦

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 22:33:07 Reply

At 1/21/13 08:54 PM, reverend wrote:
At 1/21/13 08:49 PM, TheKlown wrote: If Ravens win that means Ray Lewis is an innocent man. God would not let a murderer win the Super Bowl on the same year he plans on retiring. I was told by my best friend Jesus that God is a big Football fan.

Ha Ha Ha, oh wow. I got to admit, that was hilarious when I read this.

In all seriousness, whether Ray Lewis wins or not is not because God would allow it. Using that logic, how did O.J. Simpson ran for over 2,000 yards in a season, and is in the Hall of Fame when he killed 2 people? {allegedly} Your argument makes no sense.

So I wonder what Tebow did this season to get God's wrath.

When he decided to go play for the Jets.

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-23 22:21:46 Reply

Was there pass interference at the end of the game that helped decide the outcome of falcons/49ers? People online said there was, are they right and do you happen to have the youtube clip of the play they're talking about?

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-24 19:42:27 Reply

At 1/23/13 10:21 PM, TheKlown wrote: Was there pass interference at the end of the game that helped decide the outcome of falcons/49ers? People online said there was, are they right and do you happen to have the youtube clip of the play they're talking about?

On the Falcons' 4th down play Roddy White was clearly jammed up by the coverage. It looks like a surefire hold but the problem is that White was within the 5 yard contact zone so there was no call. I think it was a legit call.

GACBassPlayer
GACBassPlayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-27 19:37:58 Reply

"That was a great Pro Bowl," said no one ever.

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-27 20:22:42 Reply

At 1/27/13 07:37 PM, GACBassPlayer wrote: "That was a great Pro Bowl," said no one ever.

I like the Pro Bowl.

Eli Manning threw a pick 6.

Owned.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-27 21:17:21 Reply

The only reason why the Pro Bowl won't go away is because it gets pretty good ratings for a glorified pre-season game. If they aren't going to get rid of it, then maybe they should do what the NBA does, and add various skills challenges to make it somewhat more interesting the day before the Pro Bowl game.

I doubt that will ever happen, but I do feel like that's a step in the right direction, considering that they won't get rid of the game itself due to the high TV ratings. This proves that America does love its football, even if it is watered down and most of the star players only play for a quarter, if that.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-28 04:34:13 Reply

At 1/27/13 08:22 PM, EJR wrote:
At 1/27/13 07:37 PM, GACBassPlayer wrote: "That was a great Pro Bowl," said no one ever.
I like the Pro Bowl.

I thought it was pretty neat this year, too. I enjoyed watching Peyton Manning throw TD passes to AJ Green. You don't get to see that often.

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature