00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

knehzoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

294,733 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-20 23:16:41

At 1/18/13 11:35 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: If that happens then the Ravens wins and Ed Reed gets his ring.

I hope so, he certainly deserves one for all that he has done for the Ravens over the years. Plus, Ray Lewis getting another ring in his last season of football will be great as well.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-20 23:29:31

Anyone realize that The Ravens defense was kind of crappy during the regular season but when Playoffs came, that their defense looked insanely great the past 3 games while the past 2 games for the 49ers they've allowed their opponents to score almost 30 points in thos games. You can say that it was because 49ers played two high powerful offenses or maybe just maybe The Ravens are the better overall team.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 12:11:03

At 1/20/13 11:29 PM, TheKlown wrote: Anyone realize that The Ravens defense was kind of crappy during the regular season but when Playoffs came, that their defense looked insanely great the past 3 games while the past 2 games for the 49ers they've allowed their opponents to score almost 30 points in thos games. You can say that it was because 49ers played two high powerful offenses or maybe just maybe The Ravens are the better overall team.

Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs were hurt for most of the season and didn't return until when the season start to come to end. It is a good thing they return in time for the playoffs when they did.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 12:19:56

Who will get his first SB ring? Ed Reed or Randy Moss?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 14:52:27

At 1/21/13 12:19 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Who will get his first SB ring? Ed Reed or Randy Moss?

I think the Ravens have a good chance of pulling this one out. SF is the more talented team but the Ravens make things happen and they have experience SF doesn't. It could go either way though, tough game to call.

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 17:33:25

At 1/21/13 12:19 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Who will get his first SB ring? Ed Reed or Randy Moss?

I'm going with Baltimore on this one. I think the Football Gods are going to let Lewis go out with a bang. They've been hinting at it for weeks now.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 17:43:20

I got to go with Moss, San Francisco is a better team top to bottom, and the Ravens haven't faced a team that plays so physical in the playoffs. I'm still on the fence on who'll win it all, but this is the kind of game that could go either way, and to be honest, I kind of expect Joe Flacco to have a clunker game somewhere in the playoffs.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 20:49:39

At 1/21/13 05:33 PM, ZJ wrote:
I'm going with Baltimore on this one. I think the Football Gods are going to let Lewis go out with a bang. They've been hinting at it for weeks now.

If Ravens win that means Ray Lewis is an innocent man. God would not let a murderer win the Super Bowl on the same year he plans on retiring. I was told by my best friend Jesus that God is a big Football fan.

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 20:52:02

At 1/21/13 05:43 PM, orangebomb wrote: I kind of expect Joe Flacco to have a clunker game somewhere in the playoffs.

Joe Flacco and the Ravens will prove you wrong! No rookie team is taking out this experienced team!

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 20:54:31

At 1/21/13 08:49 PM, TheKlown wrote: If Ravens win that means Ray Lewis is an innocent man. God would not let a murderer win the Super Bowl on the same year he plans on retiring. I was told by my best friend Jesus that God is a big Football fan.

So I wonder what Tebow did this season to get God's wrath.

Anyways I'll take the Niners in the Superbowl and the AFC in the Pro Bowl.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 21:22:19

Why did Arizona get an awful Defensive Coordinator that was from the Philadelphia Eagles?

Todd Bowles is Trash, I completely agree with EDP. It wasn't coincidence that our defense turned to complete trash when we got rid of our good defensive coordinator for Todd Bowles. Why would Arizona want this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UTARCoRiâEU¦

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-21 22:33:07

At 1/21/13 08:54 PM, reverend wrote:
At 1/21/13 08:49 PM, TheKlown wrote: If Ravens win that means Ray Lewis is an innocent man. God would not let a murderer win the Super Bowl on the same year he plans on retiring. I was told by my best friend Jesus that God is a big Football fan.

Ha Ha Ha, oh wow. I got to admit, that was hilarious when I read this.

In all seriousness, whether Ray Lewis wins or not is not because God would allow it. Using that logic, how did O.J. Simpson ran for over 2,000 yards in a season, and is in the Hall of Fame when he killed 2 people? {allegedly} Your argument makes no sense.

So I wonder what Tebow did this season to get God's wrath.

When he decided to go play for the Jets.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-23 22:21:46

Was there pass interference at the end of the game that helped decide the outcome of falcons/49ers? People online said there was, are they right and do you happen to have the youtube clip of the play they're talking about?

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-24 19:42:27

At 1/23/13 10:21 PM, TheKlown wrote: Was there pass interference at the end of the game that helped decide the outcome of falcons/49ers? People online said there was, are they right and do you happen to have the youtube clip of the play they're talking about?

On the Falcons' 4th down play Roddy White was clearly jammed up by the coverage. It looks like a surefire hold but the problem is that White was within the 5 yard contact zone so there was no call. I think it was a legit call.

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-27 19:37:58

"That was a great Pro Bowl," said no one ever.

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-27 21:17:21

The only reason why the Pro Bowl won't go away is because it gets pretty good ratings for a glorified pre-season game. If they aren't going to get rid of it, then maybe they should do what the NBA does, and add various skills challenges to make it somewhat more interesting the day before the Pro Bowl game.

I doubt that will ever happen, but I do feel like that's a step in the right direction, considering that they won't get rid of the game itself due to the high TV ratings. This proves that America does love its football, even if it is watered down and most of the star players only play for a quarter, if that.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-28 04:34:13

At 1/27/13 08:22 PM, EJR wrote:
At 1/27/13 07:37 PM, GACBassPlayer wrote: "That was a great Pro Bowl," said no one ever.
I like the Pro Bowl.

I thought it was pretty neat this year, too. I enjoyed watching Peyton Manning throw TD passes to AJ Green. You don't get to see that often.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-28 12:59:39

At 1/27/13 08:22 PM, EJR wrote:
At 1/27/13 07:37 PM, GACBassPlayer wrote: "That was a great Pro Bowl," said no one ever.
I like the Pro Bowl.

Eli Manning threw a pick 6.

Owned.

And he went to throw two TD passes to help run up the score further added by Russell Wilson.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-28 18:42:10

I thought the Pro Bowl was pretty entertaining this year. It's an opportunity to cut loose in a way players don't during the regular season. AFC played like crap but maybe if the Patriots weren't uppity cunts it would've been closer.

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-30 11:50:01

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-31 11:03:35

At 1/30/13 11:50 AM, ZJ wrote: Joe Flacco has an endoresment deal with a gummy bear company.

Oh, Joe...

You should have read what he said about the game being played in colder climate next year, what a pussy.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-31 11:39:50

At 1/31/13 11:03 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
You should have read what he said about the game being played in colder climate next year, what a pussy.

That's actually something I wanted to bring up. I agree with him about the cold weather Super Bowl being a bad idea, if only because, as a fan, I think it'd be shitty to spend money on a ticket for the Super Bowl and then have to possibly sit out in the open in weather below 32 degrees Fahrenheit for several hours.

This wouldn't even be an issue, though, if NY got its act together and put a damn dome over the thing. Detroit and Minnesota did and their "cold weather" Super Bowl games went swimmingly.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-31 11:49:55

At 1/31/13 11:39 AM, ZJ wrote:

Except football is a sport that were founded as a outdoor sports meant to be played regardless of what weather comes up. If you can't handle the element, then you can see why dome teams generally have trouble getting far in the playoffs. Not to mention one must endure the element to get to where they are.

You can't expect to play playoff games in dome, you will have to go through opponents that plays outdoors as well. At that point, it depends on how well you can match up in any conditions. The wweather will have to be really severe for the game to be rescheduled.

Not to mention the irony of Flacco leading his team to a win in Denver.

On the other hand, the dome would help Eli put up better numbers once winter sets in, thus avoiding the wind.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-01-31 13:57:45

At 1/31/13 11:39 AM, ZJ wrote:
At 1/31/13 11:03 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
That's actually something I wanted to bring up. I agree with him about the cold weather Super Bowl being a bad idea, if only because, as a fan, I think it'd be shitty to spend money on a ticket for the Super Bowl and then have to possibly sit out in the open in weather below 32 degrees Fahrenheit for several hours.

Stuff like the Halftime show and the post-game celebration will be affected somewhat, but the game itself won't be affected as much, and depending on the teams, it may not bother them that they are playing in a cold-weather Super Bowl, much less the fans.

Teams like Denver, Chicago and Minnesota {in their heyday of the 70's} have always played well in the cold weather, and I don't think that they would mind playing in said weather for all the marbles. Dome/warm weather teams might have a problem, but that generally depends on the offensive style of the team.

This wouldn't even be an issue, though, if NY got its act together and put a damn dome over the thing. Detroit and Minnesota did and their "cold weather" Super Bowl games went swimmingly.

Frankly, I would rather not have the dome over Metlife Stadium for the Super Bowl. It's not going to make much of a difference for Eli, considering that he nearly threw for 5,000 yards last season, and nearly 4,000 without certain WRs at times. Plus, there is always a certain aura about playing football in the cold and snow, especially when some of the memorable {and even controversial} games in NFL history happened in the dead of winter.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-01 20:00:50

Considering that no one has brought this up yet, here are my NFL award picks. {some of them}

NFL MVP: Adrian Peterson. He was the main reason why the Vikings more than tripled their win total from last year and made the playoffs.

Comeback Player: Peyton Manning. 4 neck surgeries and being traded to a new team, that's a lot to overcome in a season, and yet he had just a good of a season as he had in Indy, stats wise at least.

Rookie of the Year: Andrew Luck. This really shouldn't be close, mostly due to RG3 had Morris in the backfield {which will split the votes}, and he did miss some games, and Edward El...err, Russel Wilson having an excellent defense, good running game and some luck against the Pats and Packers. Aside from Wayne, Luck had rookies and no-names on the offense, and yet won 11 games and broke the rookie passing record.

Defensive Player: J.J. Watt, 'nuff said.

Coach of the Year: Chuck Pagano/Bruce Arians. This is probably one of the few times where I can see them split an award to two coaches, considering the impact they had on the Colts.

Moment of the Year: Monday night game between Seahawks and Packers, it's kind of hard not to remember that debacle.

Offensive Player of the Year: Peyton Manning. Not quite an MVP award, but pretty good nonetheless.

I know that there are a bunch of other awards, but these are the ones I really care about the most.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-01 21:36:33

I think that Ray Lewis will go out as a champ.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-02 13:02:54

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/rob-gronkowski-partying -no-shirt-on/173022

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AlcpF6_WpbPJxMl 2v4kTkuH.DH1G;_ylv=3?qid=20130202093806AA1fcnj

bodyguard for Aaron Hernandez (he's 18 and he's a BIG kid, plus I live right outside of Foxborough), and he said he was with him at a club the other week, and he said some downright BEAUTIFUL girl walked in and asked Hernandez for a picture, and he said "Sorry, I only take pictures with fine *** hoes" and completely ignored her the rest of the time she was there and made her cry.

This is why I hate the Patriots. They're the definition of selfish douches and losing doesn't effect them or teach them anything cause they'll go and drink their lives away later that night. It's pathetic. How the hell did the Patriots get rid of every single one of their veteran players besides Brady for these clowns?

Don't know if the story is true, but if it is it's quite weird that a big guy like Rob would need another big guy who is 18 to be his body guard. But if the Story is true, I hope someone kids the shit out of Rob Gronkowski.

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-02 16:14:01

At 2/2/13 01:02 PM, TheKlown wrote: http://larrybrownsports.com/football/rob-gronkowski-partying -no-shirt-on/173022

Is that even a news? He did that after the SB loss despite his bum ankle and seem fine.

Don't know if the story is true, but if it is it's quite weird that a big guy like Rob would need another big guy who is 18 to be his body guard. But if the Story is true, I hope someone kids the shit out of Rob Gronkowski.

I know a guy who knows Gronk's cousin's sister who dated Gronk himself and he said she said that Gronk tried to create a batch of virus to hold the world hostage so he can take over as the dictator of the world. It's pretty diabolical and I don't know if it's true.

If so, I hope someone sends James Bond after him.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-02 17:06:16

Hall of Fame voting results will be announced in 30 minutes.

I hope Strahan makes it but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets snubbed considering that they have a dumb 7 entries per year limit nout to mention what the voters did to Parcells.

You never know for certain.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-02 20:23:33

At 2/2/13 05:06 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Hall of Fame voting results will be announced in 30 minutes.

The 7 hall of famers are:

Coach Bill Parcells. {should've been in last year}
WR Cris Carter
DT Warren Sapp
OL Jonathan Ogden and Larry Allen
DL Curley Culp
LB Dave Robinson

Shame that Art Modell didn't get in, considering that he did so much for the game, but I guess some people just can't seem to get over moving the old Browns moving to Baltimore. It's about as ridiculous as Pete Rose not being in the baseball HOF because he gambled on his own team as a manager. Seriously, Browns fans, Modell's dead, and you have your team back, please try to restrain yourselves when Modell does get in the HOF.

BBS Signature