New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-10-22 11:47:37 Reply

Did Cincinnati Bengals embarrass themselves last night losing to an injured/old Steelers team?

Wow, just wow... Not only are The Steelers old/injured past their prime but they made so many mistakes last night that they really tried giving this game to the Bengals. But The Bengals were like "No, we don't want to be Winners we like being known as "The Bungles". I'm not a huge fan of Bengals, but I know what Bengals fans want just like Eagles fans, one Super Bowl but how are they suppose to get to a Super Bowl if they can't win games that help them get to the playoffs?

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-10-22 12:44:37 Reply

Why did The Eagles fire Juan Castillo, when the only good thing about The Eagles is their defense?

Most of The Eagles games have been kept to low scoring games because of our defense, so why in the hell did they fire our defensive coordinator?

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-10-22 19:36:13 Reply

At 10/22/12 11:47 AM, TheKlown wrote: Did Cincinnati Bengals embarrass themselves last night losing to an injured/old Steelers team?

Unfortunately, yes. I suppose the only good news is that the AFC is so bad right now, that a 8-8 or even a 7-9 team could make the playoffs in that conference. Don't know how we can get there without improving our defense beyond the pass rush.

Oh, and the Browns coming out flat again against the Colts. I swear, they only play well against the Bengals {and sometimes the Bills} and everywhere else, they couldn't do shit. It's baffling why they don't play like they did against Cincy for all 16 games, maybe then they wouldn't be trashed by everyone else. Never mind the gaul they have thinking that they can go 11-5 with that horrid roster. It will be embarrassing if the we gave the Browns their only win of this season, although the Chiefs and Raiders might be gimmes for them.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-10-27 20:35:26 Reply

At 10/14/12 10:58 AM, ZJ wrote:
Also, Ohio University continues to be undefeated at 7-0 with only a bunch of sub-par MAC teams left to play in the regular season (Yeah, I know my Miami RedHawks aren't that good, I've come to terms with it). I'm honestly thinking they could go undefeated this season. Will that give them a BCS Ranking though? They've only managed to beat teams in their own crappy conference, some unspectacular foes from other conferences, and a neutered Penn State....

So much for going undefeated. Looks like my RedHawks finally came through with a big win...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/miami-ohio-23-ohio-20-234005315 --ncaaf.html

Sig by Capcom - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-10-27 23:41:21 Reply

At 10/27/12 08:35 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 10/14/12 10:58 AM, ZJ wrote:
So much for going undefeated. Looks like my RedHawks finally came through with a big win...

And with that, the last BCS buster goes down. Can't really say that they had much of a chance to begin with, if at all, but for what's it worth, they still can be 12-1 and win the MAC conference outright, and that's a pretty damn good season either way you slice it.

Speaking of bad days, Oklahoma took an ass whooping at home by Notre Dame. {so much for my upset pick} I know that there is still some football left to be played and the numbers to be crunched and so on, but I'm starting to believe that Notre Dame must be destined by a higher power to collide against 'Bama in the national title game. All the breaks seem to go their way, and Te'o is unstoppable at linebacker.

I mean, when you beat Michigan {facepalm}, Stanford, Oklahoma and quite possibly USC at their place, it's kind of hard to say that they don't get the bid for the crystal ball at this point.

BBS Signature
jAvAcOlA
jAvAcOlA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-10-27 23:52:12 Reply

At 10/22/12 12:44 PM, TheKlown wrote: Why did The Eagles fire Juan Castillo, when the only good thing about The Eagles is their defense?

Most of The Eagles games have been kept to low scoring games because of our defense, so why in the hell did they fire our defensive coordinator?

Because the defense is completely missing big plays. All the money tied up in the players on the D and they go 3 weeks without a sack and can't force turnovers. Castillo's blitzes were horrendous. Also, 2 games in a row they've allowed teams to march right down the field on them in the 4th quarter to lose. The defense isn't absent of blame.

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-10-28 00:03:38 Reply

Fucking Irish.

And Harden was traded as well (didn't want to bump the NBA thread).

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-10-28 00:33:26 Reply

At 10/28/12 12:03 AM, reverend wrote: Fucking Irish.

And Harden was traded as well (didn't want to bump the NBA thread).

Looks like the Rockets are trying to be serious with a young team, could bode well for them.

Meanwhile, the Badgers blew another game. I really didn't think O'brien was THAT bad but he managed to completely sabotage Wisconsin it's insane. Just when we were getting back to respectable Stavey takes a boo boo to the hand and everything falls apart.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-10-28 15:12:51 Reply

At 10/28/12 01:56 AM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: With that said, it's not very likely they'll make it to the Championship game. Both Kansas State and Oregon are on route to undefeated seasons (particularly Kansas State), and it's hard to imagine them being picked over the previously mentioned. It'll be interseting to see how the season wraps up.

Kansas State is tremendously overrated, they are every year. They will blow their shot at some point and if they don't then they'll get embarrassed by Alabama. Oregon looks good though, and watching them play Alabama could be exciting.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-10-28 16:25:50 Reply

How badly are the New Orleans Saints going to destroy those Philadelphia Frauds?

Yeah, go Saints! Crush that ghetto hoodrat trash of a team! GO NEW ORLEANS! YOU'RE THE BEST NEW ORLEANS! BEAT THAT HOODRAT TEAM! I'm done with this team, 26 years of pain.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-10-29 10:24:49 Reply

Bad year to be an Auburn fan #comebackCam. I am absolutely dreading the Alabama game this year and think that Chizik needs to get his ass fired and we should take up Bobby Petrino. He may be a bad role model, but he is a damn fine coach.

Also, I am starting to get into the NFL and since Alabama has no pro team I decided to be a Panthers fan.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
jAvAcOlA
jAvAcOlA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-10-30 15:59:05 Reply

At 10/28/12 04:25 PM, TheKlown wrote: How badly are the New Orleans Saints going to destroy those Philadelphia Frauds?

Yeah, go Saints! Crush that ghetto hoodrat trash of a team! GO NEW ORLEANS! YOU'RE THE BEST NEW ORLEANS! BEAT THAT HOODRAT TEAM! I'm done with this team, 26 years of pain.

On the bright side, this is the first year that I've actually believed Reid will be fired.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-10-30 20:05:26 Reply

When was the last time the St Louis Rams or New York Jets had a 30 plus point game?

And do you know which team in the NFL has the longest crappiest offensive streak? Maybe Kansas City Chiefs?

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-10-30 20:13:30 Reply

Edit: Someone told me Jets did it in week 2, they had a 40 plus point game. I'm sorry Jets fans, I try to keep track of as many teams as I can... But I'm only Human...

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-01 22:29:06 Reply

So is anyone watching the Chiefs-Chargers game tonight?

I don't blame you if you aren't watching, considering how far these 2 teams have sunk over the last couple of years. If the Chargers do lose this game to KC {who hasn't even lead in a game yet in regulation}, then expect Turner to get the pink slip soon, followed closely by AJ smith.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-02 04:18:00 Reply

At 10/28/12 03:14 PM, Travis wrote:
Fuck Nick Sabin.

I hope Oregon wins it all because that's the only team I see who actually has a shot.

Fuck no. I hate Alabama, but keep the trophy in the SEC.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-02 16:29:12 Reply

At 11/1/12 10:29 PM, orangebomb wrote: So is anyone watching the Chiefs-Chargers game tonight?

It's funny how whenever Norv Turner's seat gets hot the Chargers pull a game like thursday night's and suddenly everything is great again.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-02 18:20:07 Reply

At 11/2/12 04:29 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 11/1/12 10:29 PM, orangebomb wrote: So is anyone watching the Chiefs-Chargers game tonight?
It's funny how whenever Norv Turner's seat gets hot the Chargers pull a game like thursday night's and suddenly everything is great again.

They do this all the time.

Soon they'll go "LOL, CHAEGER R AWESOMO! TEHY ONE THE 2004 TRAEAD LOLOLOL!!!"

Then in the game that matters, that's when the reality sets in once again. Also, they just released Nate Kaeding so that tells you something.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-02 19:29:54 Reply

I'm and Eagles fan, but a small part of me is a Chargers fan as well but there is nothing to brag about beating up no the Chiefs. The Chiefs had one of the lowest scoring offenses the past 2 years haven't they? The Chiefs are a bad team, I think the Browns are a much better football team in my opinion.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-02 22:36:29 Reply

At 11/1/12 10:29 PM, orangebomb wrote:

It won't be great when they start to slide downhill again. Beating KC at home is one thing, but going through the rest of their schedule, it isn't looking too good for them. Also, I have a feeling that Marvin Lewis' seat should be getting hot by now, ironic that he's trying to light a fire under Dalton's ass.

Shifting gears a little bit, 'Bama goes on the road for their toughest test against LSU in Death Valley, any chance that this game becomes a 9-6 affair like it was last year?

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-03 11:39:57 Reply

At 11/2/12 10:36 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 11/1/12 10:29 PM, orangebomb wrote:
It won't be great when they start to slide downhill again. Beating KC at home is one thing, but going through the rest of their schedule, it isn't looking too good for them. Also, I have a feeling that Marvin Lewis' seat should be getting hot by now, ironic that he's trying to light a fire under Dalton's ass.

And they likely will have to win almost every remaining game to top the division, I don't see the Broncos losing many more with the schedule they have (only Baltimore with a winning record, and still have the Chiefs to play twice as well as Oakland and the Browns). Lose in Denver and the Chargers can forget about this season.

In fact I think the Broncos have an outside shot at a first round bye given their easy schedule on the run in. Assuming Houston get 1st seeding, they only have to better the Patriots/Ravens record on the run in, and have easier games in which to do it. First time in years it feels good to be a Broncos fan!

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-03 14:15:54 Reply

At 10/28/12 10:45 AM, Travis wrote: Ohio State beat what many think it's last "true" test to go undefeated in Penn State.

I don't want to look past Illinois though because they give us trouble... whether we are #1 or unranked they like to jerk us around.

The Big Ten is a joke this season.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-04 10:34:51 Reply

At 11/4/12 01:02 AM, Travis wrote: How's that Duke football program?

In the first eight games, I was like: "Is that really Duke?" However, they have gone back to Duke in the past 2 weeks against ACC powerhouses FSU and Clemson.
Alas, at least we have the basketball season to look forward to as usual...

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-04 19:28:08 Reply

Witht he way the Giants special team coverage and the defense have been letting receivers go wide open, it's a surprise that the Steelers didn't score as much as they could have.

Here's hoping the Falcon's record remains intact for this week, we're counting on them.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-05 09:57:20 Reply

At 11/4/12 07:28 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
Here's hoping the Falcon's record remains intact for this week, we're counting on them.

Atlanta stays golden. ;)

I'm thinking they'll go undefeated until they play Tampa Bay. Then they'll lose in a surprising upset.

Sig by Capcom - AMA

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-05 10:57:08 Reply

At 11/5/12 09:57 AM, ZJ wrote:
Atlanta stays golden. ;)

I'm thinking they'll go undefeated until they play Tampa Bay. Then they'll lose in a surprising upset.

If that happens, then if they makes it to the SB, their opponent better have lost a game to the Bucs or the Jets. If not, the Falcons will have no chance of winning the game.

The Colts weren't savvy enough when they decided to throw that game against the Jets in 2009.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-05 23:54:22 Reply

At 11/5/12 10:57 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 11/5/12 09:57 AM, ZJ wrote:
The Colts weren't savvy enough when they decided to throw that game against the Jets in 2009.

All the more reason why Atlanta should attempt to go undefeated in the regular season, I always hate it when teams tank a game or two because they clinched a bye, and think that having a loss will help them re-focus for the playoffs, which is absolute bullshit.

Just look at Green Bay last year as an example. To borrow a Skyrim joke, Packers took an arrow{head} to the knee against the Chiefs last year, but still went 15-1 and a bye in the playoffs. That didn't help them at all when Eli kicked their asses again en route to another Super Bowl.

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-06 00:01:13 Reply

I'm just going to pretend tonight's game against the Saints didn't happen...

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-08 22:51:09 Reply

I predicted a 28-6 Colts win over Jaguars tonight, I'm a bit off as of right now it is 24-3 Colts winning but that was pretty close guess from me. Anyways, do you guys think Jacksonville is in trouble of losing their team?

Are Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise in trouble or are they getting enough support from their fans? That team needs to get a lot better because I don't know how dedicated the majority of Jaguar fans are. Will they start losing chunks of fans if they continue to be a pathetic team? Will the team decide to move elsewhere if nothing is done soon about their sucking skills?

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion 2012-11-08 23:03:49 Reply

At 11/8/12 10:51 PM, TheKlown wrote:
Are Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise in trouble or are they getting enough support from their fans? That team needs to get a lot better because I don't know how dedicated the majority of Jaguar fans are. Will they start losing chunks of fans if they continue to be a pathetic team? Will the team decide to move elsewhere if nothing is done soon about their sucking skills?

At one point, I thought that the Jags might move to L.A., but it looks like that's what may be happening to the Chargers or Raiders. Who knows...

Also, the Bengals couldn't sell out a Home Game against the defending Super Bowl champs. It sucks that this non-supportive shit is starting again...

Sig by Capcom - AMA

BBS Signature