00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

295,188 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-06-21 17:04:29

At 6/20/12 11:41 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 6/20/12 10:32 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 6/20/12 09:28 PM, orangebomb wrote:
In Jacksonville's case, they really didn't had much of a choice, considering that they did get rid of Garrard for whatever reason last season

I thought Garrard retired because of injuries. I know he pretty much sat the whole season out because of some injury or another.

That being said Gabbert really started to improve near the end of last season, actually throwing more TD's that INT's! Jacksonville will probably sign someone just to 'put some heat' under Gabbert so he'll be pressured into playing better (which almost never works). The AFC South is a relatively weak division, in comparison with each other the Texans and Titans come out OK but in the scope of the league it's not very much to look at, Jacksonville could easily steal a few games and surprise with a decent record but they won't be moving mountains this season and MJD isn't going to be happy there for long.

Sucks to be a Jags fan these days.

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-06-29 23:21:47

Ok, I was going through the "5 in, 5 out" that NFL Live was going over, and I get the fact that there is a lot of turnover over the last 15 years or so when it comes to playoff teams, but on some of them, I just had to go WTF on some of them, here's the list.

Buffalo Bills: Really? Mario Williams has got to be one of the most underperforming defensive players in a long time, seriously. 1 winning season under his belt in Houston, and he breaks down a lot, not to mention that the Texans didn't miss that much last year, when they had one the best defensive units last year. Plus, Fitzpatrick is still the QB, who's shaky at best, Stevie Johnson who vastly overrated and can't catch when it matters most, Fred Jackson who's 30 years old and a bunch of second tier rejects can't hang with New England.

San Diego Chargers: The only good news for them is that they play in the shittiest division in all of football, the AFC West, so they have just as good of a shot as anyone in that division.

Chicago Bears: Makes sense, enough said.

Dallas Cowboys: People need to stop mentioning these guys when it comes to playoffs. They're not as talented as everyone thinks they are, and Tony Romo is still the QB, who's good but not great, never mind the fact that they get their asses handed to by the Giants and Eagles almost every year to begin with, and barely beat the Foreskins as well. I don't see the NFC East having 3 teams in the playoffs this year.

Philadelphia Eagles: Honestly, I would be shocked if they don't make it to the playoffs with that roster they have right now. Now how far they go is a different story, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Now I can't wait to see who's going to be the 5 teams that are going to be out by these guys, because I think I have an idea on who's it's going to be.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-06-30 23:40:48

I also don't really get why the media is infatuated with the Cowboys... they are just a team that are always on the cusp, but any success they have is usually Romo getting lucky.

The Bills have me confused though. I still don't know why their season got off to such a good start last year, and also why it tanked later on. I have no idea what happened. Do they sill have C.J. Spiller?

At 6/29/12 11:21 PM, orangebomb wrote: Ok, I was going through the "5 in, 5 out" that NFL Live was going over, and I get the fact that there is a lot of turnover over the last 15 years or so when it comes to playoff teams, but on some of them, I just had to go WTF on some of them, here's the list.

Buffalo Bills: Really? Mario Williams has got to be one of the most underperforming defensive players in a long time, seriously. 1 winning season under his belt in Houston, and he breaks down a lot, not to mention that the Texans didn't miss that much last year, when they had one the best defensive units last year. Plus, Fitzpatrick is still the QB, who's shaky at best, Stevie Johnson who vastly overrated and can't catch when it matters most, Fred Jackson who's 30 years old and a bunch of second tier rejects can't hang with New England.

San Diego Chargers: The only good news for them is that they play in the shittiest division in all of football, the AFC West, so they have just as good of a shot as anyone in that division.

Chicago Bears: Makes sense, enough said.

Dallas Cowboys: People need to stop mentioning these guys when it comes to playoffs. They're not as talented as everyone thinks they are, and Tony Romo is still the QB, who's good but not great, never mind the fact that they get their asses handed to by the Giants and Eagles almost every year to begin with, and barely beat the Foreskins as well. I don't see the NFC East having 3 teams in the playoffs this year.

Philadelphia Eagles: Honestly, I would be shocked if they don't make it to the playoffs with that roster they have right now. Now how far they go is a different story, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Now I can't wait to see who's going to be the 5 teams that are going to be out by these guys, because I think I have an idea on who's it's going to be.

Musician and aspiring Voice Actor

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-07-03 10:48:35

Heard a rumor the other day about the Raiders planning to leave Oakland again, possibly for San Francisco. Anyone know anything about this? I've heard about this stuff before, but it seems real now...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-07-03 18:58:36

At 7/3/12 10:48 AM, ZJ wrote: Heard a rumor the other day about the Raiders planning to leave Oakland again, possibly for San Francisco. Anyone know anything about this? I've heard about this stuff before, but it seems real now...

If it does happen, give it few years before they move right back.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-07-05 22:47:58

At 7/3/12 06:58 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 7/3/12 10:48 AM, ZJ wrote: Heard a rumor the other day about the Raiders planning to leave Oakland again, possibly for San Francisco. Anyone know anything about this? I've heard about this stuff before, but it seems real now...
If it does happen, give it few years before they move right back.

TBH, if the Raiders do move back to Los Angeles, then I have a feeling that it will be a permanent stay there, considering that they did build an 80,000 seat stadium recently beside the Staples Center, and to go this long without an NFL franchise in LA, and yet have one in Jacksonville is kind of sad. I can't see the Raiders encroaching in San Francisco's turf if they do plan to move, and since no one in Oakland seems to care about giving their respective teams their own stadiums, it's not a question of if but when the Raiders go down south at this point.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-07-23 23:49:37

At 7/23/12 11:29 PM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: In Other News: NCAA Euthanizes the Nittany Lions Beyond Death, Paterno Family Had No Transportation to Kenel

Lol. I can tell that they wanted to make an example out of Penn State by making them suffer for these transgressions, instead of the simple "mercy kill" with SMU in the late 80's. {if you can call it that.} Now the bigger question is how long will it take for Penn State to get back on their feet, if at all? I guess for the foreseeable future, Penn State is now going to replace Northwestern and Minnesota as the Big Ten's bitch, in which they can get an easy win off of.

Happy Valley might as well be college football's version of Chernobyl, and that's what happens when someone like Paterno has a cult of personality rivaling that of Chairman Mao over central Pennsylvania and borderline worshiped as a football god there, the fall to Earth is pretty hard, and it leaves a huge crater once it hits.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-07-23 23:50:32

At 7/23/12 11:29 PM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: NCAA President Mark Emmert announced that the association was banning the football team from all post-season play and bowl games for four years, reducing the program's number of scholarships from 25 to 15 per year for four years, and fining the program $60 million. The association also vacated all of the program's wins between 1998 and 2011.

I think the penalty is fine expect for the vacated wins. I think that was a little too much. Players who were on the team in those years whom had nothing to do with the scandal are being punished as well.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-07-24 02:03:45

Who even cares about this Paterno hack, the dude did nothing but lose for 14 years

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-07-24 11:28:07

At 7/24/12 02:03 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Who even cares about this Paterno hack, the dude did nothing but lose for 14 years

Really? I thought the football program was cancelled for 14 years for an unknown reason. Paterno disappeared without a trace and since then that was it.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-07-29 00:16:06

At 7/23/12 11:29 PM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: In Other News: NCAA Euthanizes the Nittany Lions Beyond Death, Paterno Family Had No Transportation to Kenel

more news at 11
NCAA President Mark Emmert announced that the association was banning the football team from all post-season play and bowl games for four years, reducing the program's number of scholarships from 25 to 15 per year for four years, and fining the program $60 million. The association also vacated all of the program's wins between 1998 and 2011.

What a messy end, but I guess you can't sweep EVERYTHING under the rug.

It must suck to be a first year student at Penn State. They'll never get to play in a bowl, unless they transfer.

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-06 20:46:31

So who is gonna be running NG Fantasy Football this year and when.can't wait to get started again.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-07 00:12:20

At 8/6/12 08:46 PM, ViceFullbuster wrote: So who is gonna be running NG Fantasy Football this year and when.can't wait to get started again.

I guess I'm going back to the one league that I was in last season on Yahoo. If someone wants to do the picks/standing for this year they are more than welcome to.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-07 16:39:20

At 8/6/12 08:46 PM, ViceFullbuster wrote:
So who is gonna be running NG Fantasy Football this year and when.can't wait to get started again

I got an email from yahoo that what's his name, I want to say Buddhist?, renewed the newgrounds league, but there's only like 3 people in atm and it doesn't seem active at all. So dunno, what's happening there, but alternatively,

At 8/7/12 12:12 AM, reverend wrote: I guess I'm going back to the one league that I was in last season on Yahoo.

Yay. I posted a link here earlier in the summer, but there are still 6 open spots left, so shameless re-promotion-- if anyone is interested in joining a fantasy league now that the preseason has started. Info as follows:

League ID#: 39611
League Name: Bro Football
Password: dudes
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/hardmans
Draft Time: Sun Aug 19 9:00pm EDT
Max Teams: 16
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, K, D, D, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

If someone wants to do the picks/standing for this year they are more than welcome to.

You could actually use Yahoo for that too: weekly pro football pickem., thus eliminating the need for all the meticulous tabbing that must have been needed to post rankings in years past. Yahoo may suck inexcusably in general, but their automated fantasy systems are pretty decent.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-09 00:06:02

Are the Miami Dolphins going to do anything this year? It would be nice if they actually had a winning season.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-09 00:27:57

At 8/9/12 12:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Are the Miami Dolphins going to do anything this year? It would be nice if they actually had a winning season.

It depends on Reggie Bush.

If he stays healthy and have even better year than his sorta breakout he had last season, they have a shot.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-09 01:14:36

At 8/9/12 12:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Are the Miami Dolphins going to do anything this year? It would be nice if they actually had a winning season.

I think the Patriots are going to crush them again this year. They've got one Hella easy season in 2012.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-09 02:24:15

They haven't made any moves to define themselves as a team, they'll get whipped in the division but they'll be good enough to beat most of the bottom rung in the league. Maybe 5 or 6 wins.

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-09 06:18:48

Preseason Picks For Fun:

Washington v. Buffalo: Buffalo

Baltimore v. Atlanta: Baltimore

New Orleans v. New England: New England

Pittsburgh v. Philadelphia: Philadelphia

Green Bay v. San Diego: Green Bay

Denver v. Chicago: Denver

New York Jets v. Cincinnati: Cincinnati

Cleveland v. Detroit: Detroit

New York Giants v. Jacksonville: New York

Tampa Bay v. Miami: Miami

Arizona v. Kansas City: Arizona

Minnesota v. San Francisco: San Francisco

Houston v. Carolina: Houston

Tennessee v. Seattle: Seattle

Saint Louis v. Indianapolis: Saint Louis

Dallas v. Oakland: Dallas

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-09 08:30:30

At 8/7/12 04:39 PM, EternitySpent wrote:
You could actually use Yahoo for that too: weekly pro football pickem., thus eliminating the need for all the meticulous tabbing that must have been needed to post rankings in years past. Yahoo may suck inexcusably in general, but their automated fantasy systems are pretty decent.

Fuck yeh i'm there (again) back to win it like i did 2 years ago and the year before that.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-09 09:05:08

You could actually use Yahoo for that too: weekly pro football pickem.

Alright. I set up a group on there for anyone interested in an official count for the Pro Pick'Ems. You'll need a Yahoo account to be a part of it, though.

Here's the details:

Group I.D.: 14397
Password: TOMFULP

Hope to see you guys there!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-09 20:51:11

At 8/9/12 01:14 AM, ZJ wrote:
I think the Patriots are going to crush them again this year. They've got one Hella easy season in 2012.

Frankly, I would be shocked if the Patriots don't finish the regular season with at least 12 wins and win the AFC East outright, the only team that could challenge them in the division is Buffalo, and that's if everything goes their way, which it probably won't. The AFC isn't as strong of a conference as it was just a few years ago.

Let's face it, the Jets have a piecemeal offense and sub-par QBs at the helm, Bills have glaring consistency issues in key positions, and the Dolphins don't really that much on offense other than Bush, but if Tannenhill plays well enough as a rookie, then they might challenge New England in a few years.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-09 21:43:35

At 8/9/12 09:05 AM, ZJ wrote: Alright. I set up a group on there for anyone interested in an official count for the Pro Pick'Ems. You'll need a Yahoo account to be a part of it, though.
Hope to see you guys there!

I guess I'll join.

Tough call tonight . . . replay of the Olympics or preseason football.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-10 09:52:29

So, apparently NFL refs are having a lock-out this year...

Am I the only one who didn't know about this? I just heard about it via Sports Nation.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-10 14:25:28

Cam and my panthers are going up this year!! I think they have the talent to win 10 games! As long as we play average defense, our offense can carry. We could have been in the playoffs last year if our defense and special teams didn't blow our lead in so many games....my favorite example when we lead the lions by 13 at halftime and then gave up 35 points in the second half!!!!

:)

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-10 16:52:28

At 8/9/12 08:30 AM, ViceFullbuster wrote:
Fuck yeh i'm there (again) back to win it like i did 2 years ago and the year before that.

It's my year this year. I didn't even get to draft half my team last season because of technical issues and I still rode the waiver wire up to the Champions Hip. This year i'm gonna get to hand pick my team and I know i'm gonna take it all the way to the top!

At 8/10/12 02:25 PM, dballa08 wrote: Cam and my panthers are going up this year!! I think they have the talent to win 10 games! As long as we play average defense, our offense can carry.

I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to snatch a wild card spot but there's no way anyone in the NFC is making the playoffs with less than 10 wins, maybe even 11. The Bears, Lions, Giants, and Saints/Falcons are going to make it very hard for the mid tier of the NFC to make the playoffs this season.

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-11 08:30:26

At 8/10/12 04:52 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
It's my year this year. I didn't even get to draft half my team last season because of technical issues and I still rode the waiver wire up to the Champions Hip. This year i'm gonna get to hand pick my team and I know i'm gonna take it all the way to the top!

Yeah maybe you will even get ya boy Godgers this year like you always wanted too.

At 8/10/12 02:25 PM, dballa08 wrote: Cam and my panthers are going up this year!! I think they have the talent to win 10 games! As long as we play average defense, our offense can carry.
I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to snatch a wild card spot but there's no way anyone in the NFC is making the playoffs with less than 10 wins, maybe even 11. The Bears, Lions, Giants, and Saints/Falcons are going to make it very hard for the mid tier of the NFC to make the playoffs this season.

In all honesty not on Cam's fault (he's gonna have a big year and probably be one of the best fantasy QBs out there) i still see just an 8-8 team compared to most of the powerhouses in the NFC.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-11 10:13:45

I'm still in awe of the fact that the coverage of the Cincinnati v. New York Jets still focused on Tebow even after his team started losing pretty badly. I know it's a pre-season game, but jeez, why can't people talk a little bit more about the winning team? Do you really have to focus on Tebow while he loses?

Oh well, life goes on. Hopefully we won't have to play that media circus again anytime soon...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-12 20:44:58

Chad Johnson headbutted his significant other and get arrested. And now he's out of a job with the Dolphins releasing him.
Any chance any other team picks him up? Maybe mid-season?

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-12 21:17:55

At 8/12/12 08:44 PM, reverend wrote: Chad Johnson headbutted his significant other and get arrested. And now he's out of a job with the Dolphins releasing him.
Any chance any other team picks him up? Maybe mid-season?

Lmao. This story has unfolded in an awesome way. I personally think he's done playing football, at least in the NFL in 2012. Even the Bengals have said that he won't touch him. He messed up really bad with this...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature