New Topic Respond to this Topic
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 11th, 2009 @ 08:10 PM Reply

Rivers getting geeked up to face that 5-0 Broncos team next monday.

6-0 next tuesday

American Football Discussion

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 11th, 2009 @ 09:23 PM Reply

At 10/11/09 07:50 PM, iBagel wrote: HA! Denver you cease to amaze me taking down that skirt wearing son of a bitch Tom Brady and his overrated team. Hell yea!

If the Broncos makes it to the playoffs, McDaniels might be a leading candidate for the Coach of the Year award, especially when considering that Cutler fiasco.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
witeshark
witeshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 11th, 2009 @ 10:44 PM Reply

It was a win in OT... Long season still ahead...

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 12th, 2009 @ 01:16 AM Reply

I didn't even bother to watch this weeks game. I slept in instead of setting my alarm, knowing full well the annihilation at hand, and when I woke up it was 41-7 in the third quarter, so it was probably for the best. At least Jamarcus had an over 500 pass percentage for once this week. 8/13. Haha.

DELUCA2400
DELUCA2400
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 12th, 2009 @ 01:56 AM Reply

At 10/11/09 07:53 PM, jonthomson wrote: pop quiz - which QB went 2/17 for 23 yards and an int this week?

Ooooh ooh I know that one professor!

It was Derek Anderson of my beloved Browns.

Man that was the worst game I have ever watched.I kept on thinking "hey someone will score", but it never happened.

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 12th, 2009 @ 05:21 AM Reply

At 10/12/09 01:56 AM, DELUCA2400 wrote: Man that was the worst game I have ever watched.I kept on thinking "hey someone will score", but it never happened.

Even WE got a touchdown I'm told. Haha. I'm not certain though, because I've started up on the trend of not actually watching the games, but rather just checking the score at the end of it. MUCH less painful that way. It sucks to be 5 games into the season saying we'll get em next year. :*(

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 12th, 2009 @ 10:06 AM Reply

Man for the last two weeks I went against Denver and for the last two weeks I've been wrong. For the last two weeks my dad has had bets on the team playing Denver and of course has lost each one losing over 100 dollars in total. Broncos are my favorite team and I'm still going against them more then I give them credit for I guess.

BBS Signature
Buddhist
Buddhist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 12th, 2009 @ 04:45 PM Reply

Buffalo needs a QB with an arm. Like NOW. Trent Edwards is a pussy with the ball, and you can't have that when you have two very viable deep threats in Lee Evans and TO. Checkdowns are meant to be a changeup, not your go-to move.

Thing is...they have no backups that are decent. They let Losman go, and while Losman did suck, at least he had an arm. Ryan Fitzpatrick showed last season that he is just an awful QB, even by backup standards, and no one has ever even HEARD of their 3rd-stringer.

No FAs they could sign that would make a difference, either. Damon Huard, but he'd just be a stopgap at this point, being 36. Jeff Garcia is essentially a slightly improved, older version of Edwards, and he won't get signed because of bad chemistry in the past with TO. Andrew Walter is slow as fuck in the pocket and isn't worth the time, and Marques Tuiasosopo is starting to get up there in age, though he wouldn't be a bad signing at all (and likely on the cheap), and he has a pretty solid arm and his accuracy is fair.

I think it'd be a good move by Buffalo to sign Joey Harrington to a deal as a backup QB. Or at least fucking get him on the practice squad. Something. At least he has some semblance of an arm; he's not going to be great but he'd be an improvement over Fitzpatrick as a backup and could put a little added pressure on Edwards to actually chuck the ball downfield once in a while.

And it's not like the offseason will bring about a lot of potential arms to sign. Jason Campbell is pretty much done in Washington, but he's more or less the black Trent Edwards. Checkdown, checkdown, checkdown. With the way Denver has played so far, it appears Kyle Orton will most surely be back for another season or three.

Other than that, you're looking at a lot of guys who are not accurate but with a big arm (Kyle Boller, Kellen Clemens, Daunte Culpepper), guys who are accurate but don't have a big arm (Pennington, Rex Grossman, Tarvaris Jackson) and unproven QBs (Troy Smith, Brett Ratliff, Clemens).

The majority of guys addable through trades don't appear to be worth the effort. Vick would not fit that scheme, he's a scrambling QB; Tarvaris likely stays on for the rest of the year in case of a Favre breakdown; Leftwich is so-so, about as good as Edwards but with the opposite game (inaccurate, big arm); Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson both appear to be pretty terrible; Matt Leinart isn't going anywhere, Vince Young isn't going anywhere, Chad Henne isn't going anywhere.

You could probably get Pat White from Miami, Chris Simms from Denver, John Beck or Troy Smith from Baltimore, Sage Rosenfels from Minny, Drew Stanton from Deet or Josh Johnson from Tampa, but none of those guys are proven as a full-season QB. Still, it's obvious that either way Edwards is not the answer, and he's keeping them mired in mediocrity.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 13th, 2009 @ 02:57 AM Reply

Week 5 Standings

Most Wins This Week:
jonthomson, TheThing, SlntCobra1, and reverend - 11 wins

Most Losses This Week:
36Holla, Crashman, TheBlackDahliaMurder, and Tluck-Person - 7 losses

[Rank] [ W - L ] [ Win% ] [ User, Win% Rank ]
>>>01 ] [ 54 - 21 ] [ .720% ] [ Molotov, 1 ]
>>>02 ] [ 53 - 22 ] [ .707% ] [ reverend, 5 ]
>>>03 ] [ 52 - 23 ] [ .693% ] [ TheBlackDahliaMurder, 1 ]
>>>--- ] [ 52 - 23 ] [ .693% ] [ jonthomson, 6 ]
>>>05 ] [ 51 - 24 ] [ .680% ] [ 36Holla, 3 ]
>>>--- ] [ 51 - 24 ] [ .680% ] [ pepeatumi, 4 ]
>>>07 ] [ 49 - 26 ] [ .653% ] [ Fro, 6 ]
>>>08 ] [ 48 - 27 ] [ .640% ] [ EternitySpent, 8 ]
>>>09 ] [ 45 - 30 ] [ .600% ] [ Tluck-Person, 9 ]

>>>10 ] [ 36 - _8 ] [ .818% ] [ TheThing, 12 ]
>>>11 ] [ 10 - _4 ] [ .714% ] [ DELUCA2400, -- ]
>>>12 ] [ 28 - 16 ] [ .636% ] [ idiot-buster, 13 ]
>>>13 ] [ 36 - 23 ] [ .610% ] [ michelinman, 11 ]
>>>14 ] [ 26 - 17 ] [ .604% ] [ Crashman, 14 ]
>>>15 ] [ 36 - 24 ] [ .600% ] [ SlntCobra1, 10 ]

Comments:
The rift raft are sorted by winning percentage regardless of games pick. Seems fair since no one is moving up or down much.
Only one person picked the Browns over the Bills: DELUCA2400. Congrats to you!

Week 6 Schedule:
Houston at Cincinnati -
Detroit at Green Bay -
Baltimore at Minnesota -
NY Giants at New Orleans -
Cleveland at Pittsburgh -
Carolina at Tampa Bay -
Kansas City at Washington -
St. Louis at Jacksonville -
Arizona at Seattle -
Philadelphia at Oakland -
Tennessee at New England -
Buffalo at NY Jets -
Chicago at Atlanta -
Denver at San Diego -

Bye: Dallas, Indianapolis, Miami, San Francisco

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 13th, 2009 @ 03:05 AM Reply

We should have a little poll:

Which coach is going to get fired first?
A. Jack Del Rio (Jags)
B. Tom Cable (Raiders)
C. Dick Jaron (Bills)
D. Steve Spagnuolo (Rams)
E. Jim Zorn (Redskins)
F. Other

At 10/11/09 08:10 PM, Molotov wrote: Rivers getting geeked up to face that 5-0 Broncos team next monday.

That pic is going to give me nightmares.

At 10/12/09 10:06 AM, Fro wrote: Man for the last two weeks I went against Denver and for the last two weeks I've been wrong. For the last two weeks my dad has had bets on the team playing Denver and of course has lost each one losing over 100 dollars in total. Broncos are my favorite team and I'm still going against them more then I give them credit for I guess.

Well they are playing the 2-2 San Diego Chargers next. I'm pretty sure what your next pick should be.

Unless
At 10/12/09 04:45 PM, Buddhist wrote: Buffalo needs a QB with an arm. Like NOW. Trent Edwards is a pussy with the ball, and you can't have that when you have two very viable deep threats in Lee Evans and TO. Checkdowns are meant to be a changeup, not your go-to move.

Thing is...they have no backups that are decent. . . .

You said it. What they should do is trade TO, since you know he is leaving after this season anyways, for some mid-draft picks or try and get a decent QB. I think the TO experiment Buffalo is over.

At 10/11/09 07:50 PM, iBagel wrote: HA! Denver you cease to amaze me taking down that skirt wearing son of a bitch Tom Brady and his overrated team. Hell yea!

Hell yea!

American Football Discussion

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
TheBlackDahliaMurder
TheBlackDahliaMurder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 13th, 2009 @ 02:10 PM Reply

Ugh, had a bad week of picks.

Week 6 Schedule:
Houston at Cincinnati - Bengals
Detroit at Green Bay - Packers
Baltimore at Minnesota - Vikings
NY Giants at New Orleans - Giants
Cleveland at Pittsburgh - Steelers
Carolina at Tampa Bay - Panthers
Kansas City at Washington - Redskins
St. Louis at Jacksonville - Jaguars
Arizona at Seattle - Cardinals
Philadelphia at Oakland - Eagles
Tennessee at New England - Patriots
Buffalo at NY Jets - Jets
Chicago at Atlanta - Falcons
Denver at San Diego - Broncos

BBS Signature
Buddhist
Buddhist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 13th, 2009 @ 03:30 PM Reply

At 10/13/09 03:05 AM, reverend wrote: Which coach is going to get fired first?
A. Jack Del Rio (Jags)
B. Tom Cable (Raiders)
C. Dick Jaron (Bills)
E. Jim Zorn (Redskins)
F. Other

Cable, Jauron, Zorn, Del Rio, Spags, in that order. John Fox is a wildcard, same with Wade Philips.

BBS Signature
Buddhist
Buddhist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 13th, 2009 @ 09:03 PM Reply

At 10/13/09 03:05 AM, reverend wrote: You said it. What they should do is trade TO, since you know he is leaving after this season anyways, for some mid-draft picks or try and get a decent QB. I think the TO experiment Buffalo is over.

It assuredly is, as he's faded out of the O thanks in part to Jauron and Edwards. However, what team wants to take on his publicity, baggage, and salary for a declining star who demands double-digit targets every game and drops at least three to four of those targets?

The 49ers as a return would make some degree of sense, especially since I think Singletary could be one of the few coaches to whip TO into shape (given that Mike is fucking crazy), but with the money tied up in Crabtree now and their continued devotion to attempting to develop Josh Morgan (who has the ball-dropping skills that TO has now), I don't know.

The Ravens make some sense...I think Ray Lewis could help keep Terrell in line, and they need a big-play receiver to complement another steady veteran in Derrick Mason. Kelly Washington's days of WR relevance look to be over, Demetrius Williams has proven a bust thus far, and Mark Clayton looks more like the continually-regressing Clayton that we've seen each year after his 930yd, 5 TD sophomore season a few years back.

TO would draw attention from the opposing D and would really help stretch the field for possession receivers like Clayton and Mason and Todd Heap. As well, if teams still choose to give him double coverage on occasion, that gives the running game another dimension, which I don't think anyone would want to mess with. Ray Rice is a beast in a tiny package, McGahee can still plow (though not really sprint), and McClain is a Mack truck. Flacco would be aided by a target like TO as well, because other than Mason, he doesn't really have to target a lot of guys and ends up doing a lot of passing around on offense, tossing to Rice or Heap.

The Titans could be a landing spot too imo, with the whole offense struggling, especially the pass game. Nate Washington is not a WR1, and TO would bump him to WR2 sliding Justin Gage to 3rd receiver and making the passing game a lot more dangerous, and again helping to spread the field for Alge Crumpler (remember when he was good?), Chris Johnson and LenDale White.

Bears would be a good landing spot too, because Cutler always ends up having good rapport with players like TO (shit, Brandon Marshall's nickname is Baby TO), and Earl Bennett is better as a 3rd receiver. Johnny Knox is by no means bad, but I think he'd be more dangerous as a returner, since they don't seem to want to return Devin Hester to that role and Hester is not a WR1 either.

So even without considering pay, draft picks, cap space, public presence, ESPN coverage, etc., you're looking at four teams that would make sense for Owens to go to: Baltimore, Chicago, San Fran, and Tennessee.

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 13th, 2009 @ 09:23 PM Reply

At 10/13/09 09:03 PM, Buddhist wrote: Bears would be a good landing spot too, because Cutler always ends up having good rapport with players like TO (shit, Brandon Marshall's nickname is Baby TO), and Earl Bennett is better as a 3rd receiver. Johnny Knox is by no means bad, but I think he'd be more dangerous as a returner, since they don't seem to want to return Devin Hester to that role and Hester is not a WR1 either.

As much as I acknowledge that he's one of the best WR's to play the game, I would absolutely hate for him to be on my favorite team. I would rather draft a receiver in the first round hoping he could develop into a #1 than accept the headaches that will (not might) come if TO comes to town. I can easily see him and Olin Kreutz going after each other because while Olin doesn't get much press, he's easily the top offensive locker room leader on the team and he goes after anyone who is causing problems or situations detrimental to the team. There's too much going against him, not to mention the Bears make extensive use of their TE's for receiving to justify going after him.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
TheThing
TheThing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 12:22 AM Reply

At 10/13/09 02:57 AM, reverend wrote: Week 5 Standings

We could also just have 2 winners; percentage and total. Of course, you can't just have some one walk in week 15 and get a .900 win percentage. But we can make a cap like pick for at least 5 weeks.

Also, I'm hoping I continue my 3 week streak of most wins.

At 10/13/09 03:05 AM, reverend wrote: Which coach is going to get fired first?
A. Jack Del Rio (Jags)

Probably not. He's had relative success there, and isn't on the hot seat for 1 bad year. Besides, there aren't any decent replacements around that would do as good of a job as Del Rio.

B. Tom Cable (Raiders)

Possible. Davis likes to switch coaches like a girl switches tampons. He also hasn't developed Russell too much. Maybe at the end of the season.

C. Dick Jaron (Bills)

Not sure how long he's been in Buffalo. Personally, I think he has the most to worry about. TO is costing the Bills big bucks, and Jaron needs to build more gameplans around him in order to foster a winning team. If the Bills don't start to win, I'd give him until the end of the year.

TL;DR - My pick.

Brand new coach, and the best defensive coaches in the game. Of course, that title only came once Jim Johnson died, but that's besides the point. First year, working with a bad team. I expect a decent Rams team within the next 2 years, as long as Limbaugh doesn't buy it.

E. Jim Zorn (Redskins)

He's had some success, particularly last year. It's been rough this year, but the Zorn will have a job for a few more years as Head Coach in Washington.

Shy2Authentik
Shy2Authentik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 02:19 AM Reply

Houston at Cincinnati - Cincinnati
Detroit at Green Bay - Green Bay
Baltimore at Minnesota - Minnesota
NY Giants at New Orleans - New Orleans
Cleveland at Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh
Carolina at Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay
Kansas City at Washington - Kansas City
St. Louis at Jacksonville - Jacksonville
Arizona at Seattle - Arizona
Philadelphia at Oakland - Philadelphia
Tennessee at New England - Tennessee
Buffalo at NY Jets - NY Jets
Chicago at Atlanta - Chicago
Denver at San Diego - San Diego

My Poetry Album "Out of Sight"

-- Shy2Authentik --

BBS Signature
Tluck-Person
Tluck-Person
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 03:52 AM Reply

Week 6 Schedule:
Houston at Cincinnati -

Tough one, but I'm going to have to go with Houston. The Cats can't always be Cardiac.

Detroit at Green Bay -

Detroit shows Green Bay the North is a lot more competitive than they thought.

Baltimore at Minnesota -

Brett and Adrian find a defense... a real defense. Ravens

Toughest match. I'll have to go with Eli and Giants. Eli is just on fire lately and the Saints are coming off a bye.

Cle... hahahaha Pittsburgh

Carolina at Tampa Bay -

Carolina gets two in a row against a team on my 0-16 list.

Kansas City gets their first win against one of the two teams that keeps letting winless teams win.

Jacksonville can hopefully handle the Rams.

Arizona at Seattle -

Seattle can win if Hasselbeck is playing, so I'll go with him. Better yet, maybe the Hawks will wear that blinding green again. Seahawks

Donovan McNabb shines a Jamarcus goes 3-3,000,000 for 300 yards. Eagles

New England hasn't lost two games in a row in a while, and they won't be doing that any time soon against Tennessee. Please, Tennessee, Kerry is dead. At least with Vince you'll have a scapegoat. Patriots

Buffalo at NY Jets -

If the Jets lose this I think I will be a very confused Bills fan. Jets

Chicago at Atlanta - Matt Ryan is now a legitimate monster. If Roddy White can torch the 49ers D, I'd hate to see what the two of them can do against Chicago's. Falcons
Denver at San Diego - If Denver wins this one, then Coach McD is legit. I'm gonna have to go with the real quarterback in this one, not Captain Checkdown, Sr. Chargers.

Bye: Dallas, Indianapolis, Miami, San Francisco

What the hell. Peyton's playing so well that he's still gonna throw for 300 yards this week, even if it's just his backyard.

I think...I hate... dick.

BBS Signature
jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 05:46 AM Reply

bungles
packers
vikings
saints
steelers
bucs
skins
jags
hawks
iggles
pats
J-E-T-S
falcons
broncos

zorn gets fired if he loses this week. cable gets fired shortly afterwards

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 05:45 PM Reply

All people look at with Cable is that fight and the record. Cable is getting a lot of support in Oakland. The guy likes fundamental football, and he's done a good job at instilling those values into the Raiders. Yeah, the team is sucking, but that's to be expected after seeing how most of the players are playing combined with all these damn injuries. I don't think Cable is in very hot water. The team connects with him, and that's something an oakland coach has brought to the table in a long time. I'm nearly certain he'll finish up the season, make decisions during the offseason, and how the team does in the first 7 or 8 games next season will decide his fate.

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 06:55 PM Reply

Week 6 Schedule:
Houston at Cincinnati - Cincy
Detroit at Green Bay - Green Bay
Baltimore at Minnesota - Minnesota
NY Giants at New Orleans - New Orleans
Cleveland at Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh
Carolina at Tampa Bay - Carolina
Kansas City at Washington - Kansas City
St. Louis at Jacksonville - Jacksonville
Arizona at Seattle - Arizona
Philadelphia at Oakland - Philly
Tennessee at New England - New England
Buffalo at NY Jets - Jets
Chicago at Atlanta - Chicago
Denver at San Diego - San Diego

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
TheThing
TheThing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 10/14/09 05:45 PM, michelinman wrote: All people look at with Cable is that fight and the record.

But Al Davis is his boss. You could do marginally well for the team they have and still get fired.

Then he'll hire some average piece of shit, give him an insane contract, and not develop him

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 08:34 PM Reply

At 10/14/09 07:23 PM, TheThing wrote: But Al Davis is his boss. You could do marginally well for the team they have and still get fired.

Then he'll hire some average piece of shit, give him an insane contract, and not develop him

*retreats*

TheThing
TheThing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 08:48 PM Reply

At 10/13/09 02:57 AM, reverend wrote: Week 6 Schedule:
Houston at Cincinnati -

Cincinnati has reverted to it's old self, in the sense of 2005/2006.
Bengals

Detroit at Green Bay -

Should be an easy win for Green Bay, although this may end up closer than anyone would have thought.
Packers

Baltimore at Minnesota -

Good matchup. Minnesota still looks awesome though, and I doubt Baltimore will win.
Vikings

NYG fan all day. Even still, New Orleans hasn't convinced me it can be a playoff team. Still too inconsistent.
Giants.

Although Cleveland won last week and Pittsburgh hasn't really been too impressive since Week 2, Pittsburgh will win.
Steelers.

Carolina at Tampa Bay -

Horrible matchup. Neither of these teams are too good, but this will be my underdog pick of the week, which hasn't lost yet.
Buccaneers

Once again, 2 horrible teams, but I think that, even with a loss to Detroit, Washington will squeak this out
Redskins.

Meh, another poor match up.
Jaguars.

Arizona at Seattle -

Could be interesting, could be complete shit. But either way, this team will win.
Cardinals.

Nothing like a good old Fagles game. I could see this being Philly's "off" week, and the score coming insanely close. But the Raiders are the Raiders.
Eagles.

Might have been interesting a year or 2 ago, but now it's meh. New England is starting to find their stride and Tennessee keeps on digging a deeper grave.
Patriots.

Buffalo at NY Jets -

If TO had showed up in any game this season, it could be a fun match. But with Braylon Edwards, New York is too powerful this year.
Jets.

Chicago at Atlanta -

Another meh game. Not exactly sure who's worse. But Atlanta hasn't really shown anything decent this year.
Bears

Denver at San Diego -

I think this is the game of the week; nothing else has shown the promise this game does, as long as San Diego shows up. Denver has had a lot of close calls, and I think their reign may end soon. But not here.
Broncos.

idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 09:15 PM Reply

Week 6 Schedule:

Houston at Cincinnati -

Cincinnati

Detroit at Green Bay -

Green Bay

Baltimore at Minnesota -

Minnesota

NY Giants

Pittsburgh

Carolina at Tampa Bay -

Carolina

Kansas City

Jacksonville

Arizona at Seattle -

Arizona

Philadelphia

New England

Buffalo at NY Jets -

Ny Jets, sorry buffalo; no way your going to win.

Chicago at Atlanta -

Atlanta

Denver at San Diego -

Denver

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature
iBagel
iBagel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 10/14/09 03:52 AM, Tluck-Person wrote:
New England hasn't lost two games in a row in a while, and they won't be doing that any time soon against Tennessee. Please, Tennessee, Kerry is dead. At least with Vince you'll have a scapegoat. Patriots

Don't you mean McNair is dead?

too soon?

PSN ID: el173sn1pax
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!"

BBS Signature
AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 10:01 PM Reply

At 10/14/09 09:58 PM, iBagel wrote: Don't you mean McNair is dead?

too soon?

I loled heartily. And no, I don't think it's too soon.

iBagel
iBagel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 10:02 PM Reply

At 10/14/09 10:01 PM, michelinman wrote:

too soon?

OK I was worried there for a sec.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 10:16 PM Reply

At 10/14/09 10:01 PM, michelinman wrote:

too soon?

You should've seen the comments on the youtube videos regarding McNair, some celebrated his death, hypocrites.

Anyway the Titans should try to get McNair's ghost to possess Kerry Collins, but then that could lead to that n-word incident if you know what I mean. Remember he was that n-word guy back when he was with the Panthers.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
TheThing
TheThing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 10:17 PM Reply

too soon?

I wouldn't say too soon.... but it wasn't funny.

iBagel
iBagel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to American Football Discussion Oct. 14th, 2009 @ 10:45 PM Reply

Week 6 Schedule:

Houston at Cincinnati -
Bengals. I hate Ochocinco though.
Detroit at Green Bay -

Green Bay. I don't know what to say about Detroit really...

Baltimore at Minnesota -

Tough game but I'll go with the Vikings.

Another tough choice. Giants by 3 or something close to that.

Self explanitory.

Carolina at Tampa Bay -

Since I don't care about these teams at all. Carolina because their jerseys are cool.

Washington. KC hasn't done shit this season. Not like Washington has either, but...

Jacksonville. I don't know. Depends on if Rush Limbaugh buys them and turns them into gods.

Arizona at Seattle -

Arizona. With Fitzgerald over there I have good feelings.

Philly. Oakland has one of the worst coaches I've ever seen.

New England. Winless Tennessee will remain winless while the refs form a protective shield around Brady's apparently perfect face.

Buffalo at NY Jets -

New York. Mark Sanchez is a great rookie and Buffalo is Buffalo shit.

Chicago at Atlanta -

As much as I hate to say it, Chicago. The Cutler fiasco made me hate the guy but hey, Orton's doin pretty good too, huh?

Denver at San Diego -

My team has to win this. 3.5 game lead if they win? Let's trounce em' Broncs!

BBS Signature