Be a Supporter!

If Black Pride Why Not White Pride?

  • 4,966 Views
  • 154 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Elfer
Elfer
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2001
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-13 13:34:26 Reply

At 8/12/09 06:03 PM, All-American-Badass wrote: though Affirmative action has screwed over some qualified people for jobs, it is sometimes for the better, you get people with different viewpoints, so you can have multiple ways of sovling problems.

Um, yeah, sure. Real life isn't Beverly Hills Cop, dude. People don't need to be of a different race to have a different outlook on problem-solving.

GrammerNaziElite
GrammerNaziElite
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-13 13:35:19 Reply

Good for you! Patriotism is a great thing.
There is no American Pride though, because you really have nothing to BE proud of. Except Big Macs, Coke, and previously having one of the worst politicions ever created. (Hopefully Obama will make up for him, though.)

And, you know, being the leader of democracy in the world for 250 years. And enormous scientific and medical advances. And everything good in the world.


Proud member of the Atheist Church

sweet21- they found his birth certificate and he wasn't born in America but Hawaii, so will he be fired from being the president?

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-13 13:55:22 Reply

Where's Daisy Duke when you need her?


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-13 14:43:11 Reply

At 8/12/09 11:49 AM, Ericho wrote: For example, atheists can say whatever bad things they want about religious people, but religious people can't do the same for atheists because as atheists are a minority, that is suppression.

No, NOBODY should ever be intolerant of anybody else unless they have evidence of where the other side is wrong. I understand why you're posting this here, but it's still not valid to me because while yes some atheists troll and pick on the religious, there's also atheists who are pretty fair about saying "I don't believe what you do, and this is why I don't understand why you even believe it". It's not entirely the same, and like I say, it's never ok for anybody, majority or minority, to speak or act in a purely discriminatory way to another. But disagreement I see no issue with.


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-13 15:02:55 Reply

I love how everyone is criticizing the OP of stuff he didn't say. It is true that there are black people out there who take advantage of the racial bias and long history of racism, I'm tired of those kind of people. Seriously, they act as though there the only ones to go through 200 years of oppression, what about the Israelites? Didn't the Egyptians enslave them? Where's Egypt again? Africa.

That and the fact that they haven't really done enough to be deserving of a whole month dedicated to them, Jews have gone through WORSE, being fucking hunted down, even by the same people who hated black people (thats why Jews and Black people in societies back in the day stuck together). Yet there's no Jew out there claiming Antisemitism when he was driving 50 MPH on a 25MPH road, or claiming Antisemitism when he follows some officers back to there cars talking shit about them when they were just there to make sure everything was fine when a 911 call came in.

Seriously, my people, the Bulgarians, are white, there Europeans, and they have gone through WORSE then African-Americans have, 500 years of slavery massacre and conquest by the Ottomans, yet you don't see them everytime there pulled over by a Turkish officer calling him "racist"

Really the Black people's struggles, while yes they were horrible, are rather largely overrated to give everyone a reason to love Lincoln.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
zendahl
zendahl
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-13 16:42:19 Reply

At 8/13/09 01:33 PM, Shukumei-the-Fox wrote: Good for you! Patriotism is a great thing.
There is no American Pride though, because you really have nothing to BE proud of. Except Big Macs, Coke, and previously having one of the worst politicions ever created. (Hopefully Obama will make up for him, though.)

I'm talking patriotism on a more colonial level, our country has become too divided by our government to fight for things like taxation without representation. the government gets us fighting over issues like race or sexual preference, by inventing things like black history month they divide us and stop us from fighting against them. Things need to change in this country and the same old people we have leading us now will never get it done. The population fighting amongst it's self is goint o acomplish even less.


You just lost THE GAME

All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-13 16:57:00 Reply

At 8/13/09 01:34 PM, Elfer wrote:
At 8/12/09 06:03 PM, All-American-Badass wrote: though Affirmative action has screwed over some qualified people for jobs, it is sometimes for the better, you get people with different viewpoints, so you can have multiple ways of sovling problems.
Um, yeah, sure. Real life isn't Beverly Hills Cop, dude. People don't need to be of a different race to have a different outlook on problem-solving.

yes but with defacto segregation you have most the whites in the suburbs and rural area and most the backs in the inner city. but if your company is in a small town you wont have to worry about affirmative action becuase you usually have at least 80% people a single race. but big cities you have the scenario i just described, people in the suburban/rural areas will have different ways of viewing things than someone from the inner city.

Shukumei-the-Fox
Shukumei-the-Fox
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-13 17:44:11 Reply

At 8/13/09 01:35 PM, GrammerNaziElite wrote:
Good for you! Patriotism is a great thing.
There is no American Pride though, because you really have nothing to BE proud of. Except Big Macs, Coke, and previously having one of the worst politicions ever created. (Hopefully Obama will make up for him, though.)
And, you know, being the leader of democracy in the world for 250 years. And enormous scientific and medical advances. And everything good in the world.

And let's not forget pioneering manned, powered, controlled flight. Good show, there. As fordemocracy, I wouldn't say that you guys were exactly the "leader". Yes, you guys have made great medical advances, but so have we. And "everything good in the world" ? Yeeeeeeah, no.

But I'm being unfair here. So, I'll bash my own country, to be fair. X3

Canada can be quite a shitty place, as well. For example? Quebec. The most whiny, bitchy, Self-centered province in Canada. We could be trying to pass a new Bill, saying that everyone will get free money every month, and Quebec would say no, just to be a dick. They would say that it "isn't in our best interests",or some bullshit. And then we have all these friggin immigrants, who sneak in, steal our jobs, and then hide in the church basements, where we can't get them. AND we have to change our laws to suit them! And who runs our fair land? Stephen Harper. Sure he's a great political worker, but he sure isn't Obama. You Americans sure are luckey.

Honestly, I do like to bash America once in a while, but sometimes, I wish I lived there.


My DeviantART Page
"You are blind with devotion, refusing to see what lies ahead, always looking to the past."
-Myself

BBS Signature
Shukumei-the-Fox
Shukumei-the-Fox
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-13 17:48:21 Reply

At 8/13/09 04:42 PM, zendahl wrote:

the government gets us fighting over issues like race or sexual preference, by inventing things like black history month they divide us and stop us from fighting against them. Things need to change in this country and the same old people we have leading us now will never get it done. The population fighting amongst it's self is goint o acomplish even less.

Well put. It's the same (mostly) where I am.


My DeviantART Page
"You are blind with devotion, refusing to see what lies ahead, always looking to the past."
-Myself

BBS Signature
FC-Thun-Fan
FC-Thun-Fan
  • Member since: Jun. 13, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-13 17:55:37 Reply

At 8/12/09 03:59 AM, poxpower wrote: And I wonder how much worse life was as an average slave than as a tribesman. I mean, what the fuck did they do there all day long? Just look at how bad they have it TODAY. Imagine 200 years ago. As a slave, you're at least fed, sheltered, cared for medically and sometimes allowed to be educated and have a family of your own.

I'm pretty sure most of the black tribesmen were pretty happy with their lives and definitely happier than slaves. They hunted for food, which kept them occupied and gave them food (obviously), and guess what they even had shelter. Also, I'm pretty sure they weren't in as bad a situation (compared to Europe and America at the time) as they are today. I mean to be fair I doubt Europe and America had great medical care at the time. Furthermore I think they were probably okay with "not being educated" and having a family of their own in Africa.

At 8/13/09 01:35 PM, GrammerNaziElite wrote:
Good for you! Patriotism is a great thing.
There is no American Pride though, because you really have nothing to BE proud of. Except Big Macs, Coke, and previously having one of the worst politicions ever created. (Hopefully Obama will make up for him, though.)
And, you know, being the leader of democracy in the world for 250 years. And enormous scientific and medical advances. And everything good in the world.

First of all, why can you be proud of this? I mean what did you contribute? Nothing. All you did was happen to be born in the same country afterwards.

Second, your Democracy is a good thing and certainly was revolutionary at the time. But, it seems to me that the average American has forgotten who founded their country. It wasn't some dipshit looking to make money and police the globe. They were people who wanted freedom and they were intelligent and critical of the rulers they had had previously. What do Americans (sorry about the generalizations) do these days? They just swallow every bit of bullshit without questioning a thing. Because after all, America is awesome and if you aren't a patriot your a commie.

And lastly, you didn't create everything good in the world.

I'm not very good at getting everything I want to say in my first rant, so I'll just stop here and hope for responses.


ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature
dudewithashotgun29
dudewithashotgun29
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-13 18:56:00 Reply

I kinda agree with you, i mean it is bullshit how all the blacks can be as racist as they want to me, or most whites for that matter (I go to public school, and shit like this is a daily occurrence), but if i say shut the fuck up, even though they say the same to me, I get detention, and i get labeled as a racist fucktard by most people. Affirmative action is also dumb. Either way you put it, it is oppresive. And just because someones ancestor was a slave doesnt mean they were in their lives, and need compensation for that, if anyone should be given a boost up above everyone else, it should be some of the southerners, who, because of the civil war, were put into poverty that is lasting even to this day! I'm not saying to discriminate against any certain groups, but what I am saying is to stop discriminating against other groups with affirmative action! No one, and i mean no one, should be any better than anyone else,everyone should all be equal, so get rid of affirmative action, and treat people equally.


If you fail at failing, doesn't make you win at winning?

BBS Signature
ChemicalReaper
ChemicalReaper
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-13 21:12:39 Reply

You know, maybe we should just deport all the blacksback to Africa. When they have lived there in mud huts with AIDS and malaria. Then they can either live here and shut the fuck up about equality, or stay there with no food, water, or clothing.


Clicky, clicky!
^ No seriously; your mouse will thank you for it :D

OddlyPoetic
OddlyPoetic
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-13 21:53:11 Reply

At 8/13/09 09:12 PM, ChemicalReaper wrote: You know, maybe we should just deport all the blacksback to Africa. When they have lived there in mud huts with AIDS and malaria. Then they can either live here and shut the fuck up about equality, or stay there with no food, water, or clothing.

You do know that every slave ever taken from Africa is dead right? Same with the whites that took them. The people you would deport would have been born and raised in the United States. Their just as much Americans as you are. Beside, its arrogant to assume that this America is built entirely on White's contribution. We've all contributed to this Majesty, every race has done something. Black's included.

Beside, as shitty as Africa is. Their not totally fucked up. Their are some good parts of it. Besides, every race was the same thing at one point. Even the white English who once ruled the colonies were the European equivalent of African tribes when the Roman Empire was at the heigh of culture and technology . its important to remember your roots.


Render Unto Caesar

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-13 21:57:47 Reply

At 8/13/09 09:12 PM, ChemicalReaper wrote: You know, maybe we should just deport all the blacksback to Africa. When they have lived there in mud huts with AIDS and malaria. Then they can either live here and shut the fuck up about equality, or stay there with no food, water, or clothing.

They tried that on Liberia.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
ChemicalReaper
ChemicalReaper
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 00:23:56 Reply

At 8/13/09 09:53 PM, OddlyPoetic wrote: You do know that every slave ever taken from Africa is dead right? Same with the whites that took them. The people you would deport would have been born and raised in the United States. Their just as much Americans as you are. Beside, its arrogant to assume that this America is built entirely on White's contribution. We've all contributed to this Majesty, every race has done something. Black's included.

I know they're dead. That's why I can't understand why this racial bullshit is still going on.

Also, I'm not denying that blacks contributed to America. Basically, the entire economy of the southern states depended on them. (They were cheap labour, basically like Mexicans are nowadays.)

And I love how you were so quick to assume I'm an American. Because I'm not... yet.

Finally, to the O.P.'s title, there kinda is 'white pride'. I'm proud to be white. I ruled the world! LOL


Clicky, clicky!
^ No seriously; your mouse will thank you for it :D

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 00:55:42 Reply

At 8/13/09 03:02 PM, Warforger wrote: I love how everyone is criticizing the OP of stuff he didn't say. It is true that there are black people out there who take advantage of the racial bias and long history of racism, I'm tired of those kind of people. Seriously, they act as though there the only ones to go through 200 years of oppression, what about the Israelites? Didn't the Egyptians enslave them? Where's Egypt again? Africa.

Some manipulate it for their advantage sure, but then there's those that are just trying to live their lives and have nothing to do with that. Also the mere fact that Israel exists is as a direct result of the guilty feelings of the west that the jews should have a place for themselves after what Hitler did. It ain't just blacks that profit from whitey's guilt :)

That and the fact that they haven't really done enough to be deserving of a whole month dedicated to them, Jews have gone through WORSE, being fucking hunted down, even by the same people who hated black people (thats why Jews and Black people in societies back in the day stuck together). Yet there's no Jew out there claiming Antisemitism when he was driving 50 MPH on a 25MPH road, or claiming Antisemitism when he follows some officers back to there cars talking shit about them when they were just there to make sure everything was fine when a 911 call came in.

Black history month isn't just about the shit blacks have gone through, and continue to go through. It's also about what they've contributed to the world in general (such as peanut buter). Also no Jews are claiming the things you mentioned because there isn't enough evidence that it actually DOES happen to them. Whereas there's lots of evidence racial profiling is real, and that it has ruined lives (just ask Ruben Carter). But I do see your overall point that favorites do seem to be played in the "minorities what have gotten the shaft" game. But this is partially I feel because America had a more ingrained system in place to screw black people over then just about any other group, and they tend to be more disadvantaged and impoverished then any other group. Like I say, we enslaved them way back when, and between our innate feelings of guilt and the ability of those within the black community to exploit and manipulate those feelings, they get more attention then groups that we as a nation did less (but still really crappy) things to.

Seriously, my people, the Bulgarians, are white, there Europeans, and they have gone through WORSE then African-Americans have, 500 years of slavery massacre and conquest by the Ottomans, yet you don't see them everytime there pulled over by a Turkish officer calling him "racist"

But as you say, they're white, and there's no denying that whites in America have traditionally held the power and had the advantages.

Really the Black people's struggles, while yes they were horrible, are rather largely overrated to give everyone a reason to love Lincoln.

No, I believe it's more motivated by continual feelings of guilt over slavery and those that think we can always try to do a little more to make up for it, or think you can legislate or force equality on people who will never buy into it. One must be taught not to hate, just as one must be taught to hate.


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Buffalow
Buffalow
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 01:56:47 Reply

At 8/12/09 02:19 AM, Crazyhobo51 wrote:
Any thoughts?

Well the reason we have a 'black' history month is because many African-Americans can't trace their roots back to a specific location in Africa, so they just associate themselves with all of Africa. That's why Kenyan-Americans, or South African-Americans, or even Liberian-Americans are called by their nation instead of just being grouped along with 'African-Americans'.

White history month doesn't exist because white people CAN trace their ancestry back to a specific part of Europe. There are Irish holidays (St Paddys) Italian holidays (St Josephs) etc. etc. Every white nationality is represented in different parades etc.

When you ask a white person, "what are you?" They can usually answer with Irish, Italian, Russian, English etc. If you ask a black person "what are you?" They just say they are black. Slavery wiped out those peoples histories and knowledge of where they came from. So Black History Month was created to celebrate the millions of peoples whose histories were wiped completely out.

So you can just shut the fuck up and recognize that having a month that celebrates the history of the people who were enslaved, not only in the U.S., but all over the world.

So having your history wiped out in exchange for 28 days of cheesy nickelodeon commercials and history lessons?

I'd say its a fair trade.


Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature
OddlyPoetic
OddlyPoetic
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 03:50:40 Reply

At 8/14/09 12:23 AM, ChemicalReaper wrote:
At 8/13/09 09:53 PM, OddlyPoetic wrote: You do know that every slave ever taken from Africa is dead right? Same with the whites that took them. The people you would deport would have been born and raised in the United States. Their just as much Americans as you are. Beside, its arrogant to assume that this America is built entirely on White's contribution. We've all contributed to this Majesty, every race has done something. Black's included.
I know they're dead. That's why I can't understand why this racial bullshit is still going on

You're suggesting the deportation of all the blacks, and yet you cannot understand racist bullshit?


Also, I'm not denying that blacks contributed to America. Basically, the entire economy of the southern states depended on them. (They were cheap labour, basically like Mexicans are nowadays.)

Um...i was thinking other things. Like Thurgood Marshall or Clarence Thomas but okay....


And I love how you were so quick to assume I'm an American. Because I'm not... yet.

I didn't assume. I looked at your profile. Last time i checked, Pennsylvania was in the United States.
Unless you aren't in the US legally. Beside, whats the point of calling me on an assumption when my assumption was right? ( Not that i assumed, that is)


Finally, to the O.P.'s title, there kinda is 'white pride'. I'm proud to be white. I ruled the world! LOL

No, your race kinda did. You probably haven't done anything to contribute to that.


Render Unto Caesar

BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 05:48:33 Reply

At 8/14/09 01:56 AM, Buffalow wrote:
At 8/12/09 02:19 AM, Crazyhobo51 wrote:
Any thoughts?
Well the reason we have a 'black' history month is because many African-Americans can't trace their roots back to a specific location in Africa, so they just associate themselves with all of Africa. That's why Kenyan-Americans, or South African-Americans, or even Liberian-Americans are called by their nation instead of just being grouped along with 'African-Americans'.

White history month doesn't exist because white people CAN trace their ancestry back to a specific part of Europe. There are Irish holidays (St Paddys) Italian holidays (St Josephs) etc. etc. Every white nationality is represented in different parades etc.

When you ask a white person, "what are you?" They can usually answer with Irish, Italian, Russian, English etc. If you ask a black person "what are you?" They just say they are black. Slavery wiped out those peoples histories and knowledge of where they came from. So Black History Month was created to celebrate the millions of peoples whose histories were wiped completely out.

So you can just shut the fuck up and recognize that having a month that celebrates the history of the people who were enslaved, not only in the U.S., but all over the world.

So having your history wiped out in exchange for 28 days of cheesy nickelodeon commercials and history lessons?

I'd say its a fair trade.

Wow. Not a very good excuse since most black people don't really care about that to begin with. At this point all they really deserve is a day where we remember what we did, a month is not needed, I mean like I've been saying there are races which have gone through worse yet at best only the Jews got a day.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
Miigga
Miigga
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 06:35:58 Reply

At 8/12/09 04:48 AM, OddlyPoetic wrote: No one should be proud to be any race.
I mean shit, being born a certain race isn't anything you accomplish.

My thoughts exactly. Being proud of something you didn't do anything in order to accomplish is stupid.

OddlyPoetic
OddlyPoetic
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 08:01:09 Reply

At 8/14/09 06:35 AM, Miigga wrote:
At 8/12/09 04:48 AM, OddlyPoetic wrote: No one should be proud to be any race.
I mean shit, being born a certain race isn't anything you accomplish.
My thoughts exactly. Being proud of something you didn't do anything in order to accomplish is stupid.

That is to say, theirs nothing wrong with celebrating and your culture.
But damn Breden, being born white is in no way an an accomplishment. Becomes Famous, earning a degree, thats what pride should be reserved for.

Maybe thats what we should strive for, instead of arguing over which race had it better or worse. Pride based on skin color is simply shallow and stupid. Being born a race doesn't give you inheritance of all the things that race is done. Its about what you, the person, actually does.


Render Unto Caesar

BBS Signature
butsbutsbutsbutsbuts
butsbutsbutsbutsbuts
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 11:04:11 Reply

Black pride is just as dumb as white pride. It's not really widespread anyway, most middle class blacks of blacks over 35 generally agree so anyone who makes a big deal out of this either way is probably a racist.


I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything. Way didnt sye pik cell it is a good fighter!howwouldImake a thingmovewiththearrowsorsomething

ChemicalReaper
ChemicalReaper
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 11:15:37 Reply

At 8/14/09 03:50 AM, OddlyPoetic wrote: No, your race kinda did. You probably haven't done anything to contribute to that.

Fine.

But do you honestly think I'm going to pay any attention to or care about what someone who has a picture of Obama in their signature has to say?

Anyway, screw black history month. It's stupid. They've done stuff, sure, but so have Brits, Italians, Germans, etc. If we're going to have Africa Month we should have Europe Month as well. lol

@whoever the fuck replied to my other post: That whole deporting thing was kind of a joke. But seriously, everyone should just shut up about slavery. It's done, it's over. My deportation idea was kind of pointing at the fact that, hey, if we hadn't bought blacks over to Europe and America as slaves, then they would probably still be living in Africa in mud huts. Not to mention that if Europeans and Americans hadn't touched it, it would probably be even worse than it is today - look at the help we're giving them (even though certain places don't seem to want it). Think of how many more people would be dying if we didn't send over medical supplies, food/water, or send our film and music stars over there to adopt fifty kids.


Clicky, clicky!
^ No seriously; your mouse will thank you for it :D

Ericho
Ericho
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 12:15:56 Reply

At 8/13/09 12:34 PM, MegalomaniacVirus wrote: Maybe it's just me but I have no white pride at all. I was born white and had no choice of what nationality I was, it was all a matter of chance.

Oh yeah, I recall George Carlin doing a piece like that. On a positive note, you can also look at this as a way of saying that there's no reason for a person to be ashamed of their nationality/race either.


You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

polym
polym
  • Member since: Oct. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 12:18:51 Reply

I don't think people understand the difference between race and culture. Race is a label based on your skin color, culture is your real identity. Of course, people feel like just because they were born black that automatically they adopt the culture that was brought down by their race.

That means that they're allowed to get a sense of accomplishment because somebody with their same skin color invented peanut butter. Thus they get to express pride. Except somebody mentioned earlier that blacks born in America, are so, American. Not African. Did your immediate family migrate from Africa? No? Maybe your great great grandparents did? Guess what, they're dead. And so is probably their culture.

I guess because you were brought up by parents born in the '80s. So that means that I get to express '80s pride too. Except I'm white (I'm actually asian). It doesn't work the same way now does it? Aka, there shouldn't be black or white pride. Just American pride. And yes blacks do have unique physical characteristics as do other races. And that's only because of genes that were passed down, which frankly, have nothing to do with your culture.

People are losers. That's all there is to it.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 12:26:02 Reply

At 8/14/09 12:18 PM, polym wrote: I don't think people understand the difference between race and culture. Race is a label based on your skin color, culture is your real identity.

So, are you saying that culture, on the other hand, is something to be proud of?


You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

GrammerNaziElite
GrammerNaziElite
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 12:49:22 Reply

And, you know, being the leader of democracy in the world for 250 years. And enormous scientific and medical advances. And everything good in the world.
First of all, why can you be proud of this? I mean what did you contribute? Nothing. All you did was happen to be born in the same country afterwards.

I'm not saying I take pride in what I haven't accomplished. He said America had nothing going for it. I sagely pointed out that we have accomplished more than any other country in history.


Proud member of the Atheist Church

sweet21- they found his birth certificate and he wasn't born in America but Hawaii, so will he be fired from being the president?

Glides
Glides
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 16:38:33 Reply

look man, I am white, but seriously, that was some F@#KED up crap. Minorities have been oppressed for millenia (and I am I minority too, because I'm also Jewish), and now you come out and say that they DESERVED to be slaves? Wow.


Glides is done with his post.

BBS Signature
Glides
Glides
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 16:40:47 Reply

At 8/13/09 09:12 PM, ChemicalReaper wrote: You know, maybe we should just deport all the blacksback to Africa. When they have lived there in mud huts with AIDS and malaria. Then they can either live here and shut the fuck up about equality, or stay there with no food, water, or clothing.

WOW. And here's another crazy racist character. Jeezus.


Glides is done with his post.

BBS Signature
Jon-86
Jon-86
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to If Black Pride Why Not White Pride? 2009-08-14 16:50:57 Reply

At 8/14/09 04:40 PM, Glides wrote: WOW. And here's another crazy racist character. Jeezus.

Nah all the people like that on this site are just adorable, their so cute when their angry lol I would bet a fiver none of them would say a thing in front of a crowd of people they didn't know. They just post this shit on the internet because they know they can hide.

I have opposing views and I air them freely, I was standing outside a pub once and an orange walk passed, soon enough about 10-20 of us were mobbed by a hundred or so "real" racists, not the ones that post on the internet the ones out their doing shit. And we face the fuckers down. Nazi coward scum who attach themselves to orange walks...


PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik
irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature