00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Scottistrash just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fancy Mike EP

2,350 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-09 18:34:58

Fancy Mike EP
08/11/09
01 - 1988
02 - Fly Low
03 - Heavy
04 - Death Proof
05 - Invertebrata
06 - Down the Rabbit Hole
07 - Lights in the Sky
08 - The 6 Millions Dollar Space Suit
09 - Space Pronography
10 - Monster
11 - Tom Fulp (Album Edit)
12 - Black Superhero (Bonus Track)*

*Only available through download.

Download them all in 320kbps MP3s with cover art, it's legit. Yeah, it's also free.

Fancy Mike EP

Response to Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-09 20:18:44

Thank you very much..
i am downloading it now and shall play it tomorrow morning while i work on my drumset more.

:)

Response to Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-09 20:23:54

Downloaded! :) Doesn't it feel good to get enough good material to release in someway or another? I'll post again in due time with comments once i've listened to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-09 22:27:15

Checking it out now. Seems everyone is making threads about their EPs.. maybe i should too XD

Response to Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-09 23:14:04

At 8/9/09 10:27 PM, SineRider wrote: Checking it out now. Seems everyone is making threads about their EPs.. maybe i should too XD

I was planning one too actually... but it seems like there's becoming an over saturation... sucks because I payed money to have my EP put out on iTunes/amazon... dunno. Last time I stuck to a news post but for this one I was planning otherwise. Thanks to an upgrade in technology it's becoming increasingly easy to make an EP. i might have to exercise a little self control to demonstrate a point...

quarl BandCamp

Response to Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-10 00:00:22

At 8/9/09 08:18 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: Thank you very much..
i am downloading it now and shall play it tomorrow morning while i work on my drumset more.

)

Big fan of your stuff, I am ecstatic that you'll be listening to this, it makes me real happy. Thank you very much for downloading.

At 8/9/09 08:23 PM, tingtonger wrote: Downloaded! :) Doesn't it feel good to get enough good material to release in someway or another? I'll post again in due time with comments once i've listened to it.

A lot of people were complaining about my tracks, how I don't have a site or somewhere where they can download everything in one package (as opposed to individually downloading each track) so this EP is some of my old material re-mastered with a few new tracks no one has ever heard before (although I did post them on NG a few hours ago) so this is sort of my first (second sort of) and final album/compilation as Fancy Mike. I'm taking a short break musically and I'm also studying/learning an avalanche of new techniques so I can progress as an artist.

I had a few conversations with some friends of mine who began on Newgrounds and now make music on the side or as a profession and they told me that my flaw is posting everything on Newgrounds. If everybody has already heard everything, then there really is no point in seeking out said artist, which sort of makes sense so I agree to some extent but also disagree. One of my friends also told me that the genre you are best in may not always be your favorite and that phrase hit me like a freight train. Though it may not be true for everybody, I believe it was very true for me.

Though I love hip-hop, I feel that I personally have been limiting myself with the genre these past months. I am not berating or belittling it, not at all, I still do and always will love hip-hop it's just that, I want to expand and see what else I can do. Certainly, there will always be an interest in hip-hop on my part and some of my future tracks may reflect some of these influences but it's going to be different on a whole.

Loved DAVE by the way.

At 8/9/09 10:27 PM, SineRider wrote: Checking it out now. Seems everyone is making threads about their EPs.. maybe i should too XD

You're still young yet you are one of my favorite NG audio artists. I have been following your stuff on a regular basis recently and Binary Flowers is fantastic. You definitely should make a thread about it if that was what you were referring to, people need to hear it. I made a thread about this EP because I can't post on the front page and in retrospect, maybe I should have kept this on my page only but a friend insisted I post a thread on NG. I hope it isn't a problem. Keep making music SineRider.

At 8/9/09 11:14 PM, Quarl wrote:
I was planning one too actually... but it seems like there's becoming an over saturation... sucks because I payed money to have my EP put out on iTunes/amazon... dunno. Last time I stuck to a news post but for this one I was planning otherwise. Thanks to an upgrade in technology it's becoming increasingly easy to make an EP. i might have to exercise a little self control to demonstrate a point...

Though a release through iTunes/Amazon sounds like the best option, people have to have heard some of your previous stuff to want to buy/download it. My main problem with selling music is that there is so much of it out there and unless you are a mainstream artist with a following of 1,000,000+ fans, it'll be really hard for people to get to your stuff. Similarly, giving away all your stuff for free doesn't necessarily mean that people are going to flock to it. In either case, if your music is good, whether you are selling it or not, people are going to want it.

I'm still going to be making music but I don't think it's all going to be posted on NG, like I used to do all the time. I may change my mind in the future but I feel like I've been straying from my original goal of making music purely for fun and to learn for far too long. Enjoy this EP and if you want to talk about music, add me on AIM or PM me, I always want to talk about stuff and maybe we can even work on a song in the future.

Cheers.

Response to Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-10 00:41:03

At 8/10/09 12:21 AM, Chronamut wrote: good work scribbler! Glad to see you're taking the next step! Personally I still don't feel quite confident enough yet to step out into that world yet :)

Haha, now you're making feel all self-conscious about everything! That's why I called it an EP instead of a full-fledged album. I'm still not out there, sorta. But thank you! You're the king of music, well... One of them. :P

Response to Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-10 01:22:32

Sorry you feel that way quarl. See, the only reason I was releasing it on here is because I'm also going to be paying money to have it placed on Itunes as well. But I care enough about the newgrounds community to offer it to them for free. The same with my upcoming full length album. I'll be offering it to NG for a short time for free even though it's going to be on itunes it's going to be free here.

That's the main difference amigo. While you did pay money to have your EP released on a major outlet, you're also standing to MAKE money from it as well. Whereas people like scribbler and myself are posting, because we are releasing it free of charge. It's more of a heads up to something we are giving you, not something we are trying to get you to buy. We aren't asking for money. That's the main difference :)

I could understand if everyone was advertising to try and get people to buy your stuff, but this is a kind gesture.

Again, i'm sorry you feel that way sir :)

"It's alright to be afraid, lord knows I am."

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-10 05:59:56

Thanks to an upgrade in technology it's becoming increasingly easy to make an EP. i might have to exercise a little self control to demonstrate a point...

your such e negative nancy :(

Response to Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-10 06:09:39

At 8/10/09 01:22 AM, nubbinownz wrote:
Sorry you feel that way quarl. See, the only reason I was releasing it on here is because I'm also going to be paying money to have it placed on Itunes as well. But I care enough about the newgrounds community to offer it to them for free.

So do I. That's why I have this page. Advertising a free EP for the newgrounds community doesn't make any sense on a website where you can already give away all your music for free. Thinking of selling it? Welp, if any sort of fan base you have is primarily on newgrounds then your not gonna make any money out of it if you're giving it to them for free in the first place... unless you have a fanbase off of newgrounds that I'm not aware of? Thing is, it's really easy for anyone to throw out EPs now a days and it's starting to feel like the forum is getting bogged down with an over saturation of self advertisements. That's kind of why this thread exists. Important to you? That's why the news posts exist.

I care about the community too. That's why I'm not gonna throw music in everyone's face. It's an advertisement regardless of whether or not you're making any money out of it. We have a thread for that and you know it. A reg shouldn't have to be pointed to it. If your EP isn't a commercial project, then the only thing your doing is saying "look at me." If it is a commercial project and you don't have a following, what are you doing offering it for free in the first place?

At 8/10/09 05:59 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
your such e negative nancy :(

Meh, I've been noticing a bit of a change in my behavior since my car accident. I swear, I used to not be this negative. In a world where I used to just see only kittens and flowers I now see only death and anguish.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-10 12:14:16

\
Haha I understand, but what you CANT do on newgrounds is upload all of your tracks at 256kbps or more. And put them all in an easy to download pack so people can get it all at once :)

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-10 13:23:18

At 8/10/09 12:14 PM, nubbinownz wrote: \
Haha I understand, but what you CANT do on newgrounds is upload all of your tracks at 256kbps or more. And put them all in an easy to download pack so people can get it all at once :)

To be completely honest, there isn't a huge difference between say 256kbps or standard 128kbps. Most people couldn't even notice the difference. But I do have to agree with you that Newgrounds does have a lot of limitations. If you have a long track the bitrate is going to suffer to fit it on Newgrounds, That was a problem with some of the songs off my EP.

Response to Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-10 23:58:59

To be completely honest, there isn't a huge difference between say 256kbps or standard 128kbps. Most people couldn't even notice the difference. But I do have to agree with you that Newgrounds does have a lot of limitations. If you have a long track the bitrate is going to suffer to fit it on Newgrounds, That was a problem with some of the songs off my EP.

I'm sorry bro, but there is a MASSIVE difference between 256 and 128 especially with brighter sounds :(

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-11 01:02:30

EPIC LINK.

Made specifically for this sort of thing. If it seems like the forum is really getting saturated with this sort of thing, then perhaps it should be used more.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-11 10:49:40

At 8/10/09 12:14 PM, nubbinownz wrote: \
Haha I understand, but what you CANT do on newgrounds is upload all of your tracks at 256kbps or put them all in an easy to download pack so people can get it all at once :)

This is precisely why this EP exists.

Response to Fancy Mike EP 2009-08-11 19:07:02

At 8/10/09 11:58 PM, nubbinownz wrote:
I'm sorry bro, but there is a MASSIVE difference between 256 and 128 especially with brighter sounds :(

While I agree with you that the quality gets degraded, I feel as if compressing the file makes a minimal difference and really doesn't matter that much, especially if your smart about it. 128? Why go that low? I think the lowest I go is 192 and I'm usually not that thrown off by the quality.

quarl BandCamp