00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FloofGaming just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

185,595 Views | 2,372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At 5/22/16 01:10 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 5/20/16 06:39 PM, Auz wrote: So I decided to start playing Final Fantasy XII. Some first impressions:
The combat system is fantastic so far. The battles are very smooth and very quick compared to the random encounters in the earlier Final Fantasies. The gambit system seems easy enough to use. What I also really like is that you almost immediately get the chance to set out and explore the city and surrounding areas freely.
This is exactly what I felt like as well. I was so glad when I realized that I could explore the whole city right from the start. No boundaries like guards telling me to get lost or something like that. Even better: The weather on the plains changes from time to time (I think it's every 6 in game hours, or so) and with the weather change the monsters also change.

I've just gotten to the rainy Giza Plains for the first time. It's pretty cool and interesting how the area changes so much. Never seen such a mechanic in any other game.

Also, I don't really get the logic behind unlocking "licences" to use something. Like, why would I need 'official approval' to swing my sword at some random monsters in the middle of the desert? Ability points would have made more sense to me (as in you need the proper skill/training first), but maybe this will be explained later....
Lol, I never thought about that. I just thought of it like a sphere board, just with a different name.

Yeah, that's what it technically is, but the explanation behind it is a little lacking if you ask me. On the positive side though, I like how it gives you the freedom to set up any character any way you want. It's even easier than with Final Fantasy X, where you were still somewhat restricted for most of the game.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2020-09-10 06:48:42

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2020-09-12 08:49:30

Whaddup