ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-29 18:58:43 Reply

At 9/29/09 05:47 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
Yeah not very funny, but then again none of us here are funny.

In real life, I can be quite humorous. Most jokes don't work well in text form tough. It messes up the timing.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod "Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-29 19:30:17 Reply

At 9/29/09 06:58 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 9/29/09 05:47 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
Yeah not very funny, but then again none of us here are funny.
In real life, I can be quite humorous. Most jokes don't work well in text form tough. It messes up the timing.

What the hell? You're not supposed to respond to that. If he wants to be pessimistic let him. But you just lost 12 awesome points.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-30 03:15:35 Reply

At 9/21/09 07:56 PM, TheMaster wrote: Gamestation stopped stocking retro stuff etc.

Gamestation stopped selling old games? Oh man I leave the country for 2 years and everything turns to shit while I'm away. Good job I'm not planning on coming back for anything more than a short visit, which I've just got back from. In my hometown it seems like half the pubs have shut down and taken 3/4 of the kebab shops with them.

Anyway, I got up this afternoon and had a strange desire to play Alien Hominid again. Probably something to do with reading the articles on the Lit page last night seeing as how most of them are about Alien Hominid winning some awards or being shown at some convention.
It is now my mission to get those last 2 achievements that are plaguing the shit out of me! Damn it's a hard game...

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-30 04:32:59 Reply

Anyway, for you Left 4 Dead owners, what do you think of the new campaign, "Crash Course"? I really like it actually, and the finale is, dare I say it, the best one of all the standard campaigns. When the generator stops working halfway through, there was a definite 'Oh shit' moment.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-30 04:54:47 Reply

At 9/30/09 04:32 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Anyway, for you Left 4 Dead owners, what do you think of the new campaign, "Crash Course"? I really like it actually, and the finale is, dare I say it, the best one of all the standard campaigns. When the generator stops working halfway through, there was a definite 'Oh shit' moment.

Haven't tried it yet but I'm planning to real soon. My problem is I've got so many new games right now and I keep getting urges to play old games. Too many games, not enough hours in the day.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-30 17:27:46 Reply

At 9/29/09 06:55 PM, Gustavos wrote: So Deadspace Extraction came out today. Looks pretty kickass, can't wait for some reviews.

Nintendo Power gave it an 8, I believe.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod "Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-30 22:34:15 Reply

At 9/30/09 05:27 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Nintendo Power gave it an 8, I believe.

Nintendo Power =/= credible source.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
mushroomn
mushroomn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-30 22:41:46 Reply

It stinks of puss in here

Mushroomn. 6 years later it's kind of a dumbass name. Sorry about that

BBS Signature
Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-30 22:52:11 Reply

At 9/30/09 04:32 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Anyway, for you Left 4 Dead owners, what do you think of the new campaign, "Crash Course"?

Any way of getting this sonuvabitch offline? I have no wireless.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-30 23:35:31 Reply

I would have Crash Course but my brother's borrowing it and he's off at college about an hour and a half away.

But tonight I got some iPod Apps (games), which I think should be able to be discussed here.

I'll put the name and a quick rating of what I think so far.

Fare City ($0.99) [3.5/5]
SuperBall 3 ($1.99) [4/5]
SnakeGalaxy ($1.99) [3.5/5]
TanZen ($0.99) [4.5/10]
Run! ($0.99) [4/5]
Music Catch ($0.99) [3/5]
BeatRider ($1.99) [2/5]

Yeah. So I spent $10 on iPod Apps, want t' fight about it?

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-30 23:38:20 Reply

At 9/30/09 10:52 PM, Chumbawamba wrote: Any way of getting this sonuvabitch offline? I have no wireless.

For 360? Or PC? For PC, you could probably just copy over the left 4 dead folder into your Steam directory, and you'd have all the new content. As for 360, I have no idea, but I doubt it, since you'd need to pay for it, and I imagine that would be done through a web interface.

BBS Signature
Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-10-02 13:11:31 Reply

At 9/30/09 11:38 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 9/30/09 10:52 PM, Chumbawamba wrote: Any way of getting this sonuvabitch offline? I have no wireless.
For 360? Or PC?

Yeah, 360. Looks like I'll be getting Crash Course in December then.

BBS Signature
TJR423
TJR423
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-10-02 14:06:33 Reply

I currently have a PS3, PSP, DS, a Gamecube, annnnnddd..

Thats it.

Lol.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-10-04 00:20:04 Reply

At 9/30/09 10:34 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 9/30/09 05:27 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Nintendo Power gave it an 8, I believe.
Nintendo Power =/= credible source.

Only when they're reviewing First Party games. Everything else, they're up to par with others on.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-10-14 04:54:41 Reply

So, whilst the release of Modern Warfare 2 gets nearer, Operation Flashpoint 2 was realised. Has anyone played this game? If so what are your opinions of it?

It looks like it has the ability to kill the time until I get my hands on MW2, but then I might be wasting my money, since it is less than a month now until what should be the best multiplayer experience this year is in my possession.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem! Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-10-14 08:19:15 Reply

At 10/14/09 04:54 AM, GodsBitch wrote: So, whilst the release of Modern Warfare 2 gets nearer, Operation Flashpoint 2 was realised. Has anyone played this game? If so what are your opinions of it?

Be prepared to die a lot if you just go wading in and hope for the best. The controls are weird but you'll get used to them. The helicopters are an effing nightmare though.

There are some rough edges like trees popping up and your squad losing their heads RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT. Plus you'll be doing a lot of running if you can't find a vehicle. You'll be doing 2K several times during the missions.

Overall though it's a good game and a lot of fun. The trophies are fairly straight foward, which was nice of Codemasters.

In other news I'm going to get my DIRT 2 platinum today, which will be my third. Then I'll finish Killzone (2 trophies left). And then I'll get eventually get round to finishing my evil and hard run on inFamous.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-10-14 09:15:29 Reply

At 10/14/09 08:19 AM, BobbaQ wrote: Be prepared to die a lot if you just go wading in and hope for the best. The controls are weird but you'll get used to them. The helicopters are an effing nightmare though.

I normally go for a tactical approach when playing games, rather than a run n' gun. Something I've not heard too much about is the multiplayer. Does it even exist?

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem! Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-10-14 10:07:45 Reply

At 10/14/09 09:15 AM, GodsBitch wrote: I normally go for a tactical approach when playing games, rather than a run n' gun. Something I've not heard too much about is the multiplayer. Does it even exist?

Yes it does. There's two modes called Infiltration and another that I can't remember the name of. One involves sneaking into a base and securing it while avoiding the other team and the other involves 2 even teams and knocking 10 bells out of each other. It's only 8 players but you have AI players to support you. And there's vehicles if you want them. Trust me, it's more fun than it sounds.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-10-14 10:18:05 Reply

At 10/14/09 10:07 AM, BobbaQ wrote: Yes it does. There's two modes called Infiltration and another that I can't remember the name of. One involves sneaking into a base and securing it while avoiding the other team and the other involves 2 even teams and knocking 10 bells out of each other. It's only 8 players but you have AI players to support you. And there's vehicles if you want them. Trust me, it's more fun than it sounds.

Sounds interesting. I'm considering taking my Xbox and TV up to uni with me next time I go back home. Only thing this is it would mean no TV or Xbox for me at the weekend when I go home.

It's a tough situation to be in. I'm probably better leaving it at home because that way i'm less inclined to spend money on games. Although I did just blow a huge lump of my funds on a MacBook Pro.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-11-07 15:34:16 Reply

I WANT AN ANSWER TODAY :3

I need to know if any of the following [X360] games are good.
I wouldn't mind a rating for each of them.

Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising
Dragon Age
GTA IV: (the one with all the DLC)
Fallout 3: GOTY

Thing is, I've beaten GTAIV twice but don't have the game so is the DLC really worth it.
Same with Fallout 3.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-11-07 18:12:40 Reply

So, I know most gamers are eagerly awaiting the new CoD game, but is there anyone out there pumped for New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

I've already preordered it.

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-11-07 18:19:17 Reply

At 11/7/09 06:12 PM, puddinN64 wrote: So, I know most gamers are eagerly awaiting the new CoD game, but is there anyone out there pumped for New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

I've already preordered it.

I preordered Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles instead. I get a free t-shirt the day it comes out. How generous of gamestop.

But before we start naming our opinions on Gamestop just because somebody mentions it and not gives their opinion, I'd like to also the bring up the topic of Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. Good looking game, or no? It comes out December 7th.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Sierra
Sierra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-11-07 18:36:14 Reply

I think we should keep this lounge alive. So, here's something for those of you who might care:

What do you think VIP Membership will do with Forza 3?

There was a code with the LCE Edition of Forza Motorsport 3, and it was for a 'VIP Membership'. It gives you extra space in the Storefront and a badge. It's meant to do more in the future. So, I ask anyone this: what do you think it will do?

I'm on Last.fm! Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-11-12 06:14:35 Reply

Now I could go out on a limb here and say that no one has noticed my absence, And if they have, They haven't really cared at all. Because, I'm more a less a prop to you people.

Regardless, after like 6 weeks away, I'm back :)

I see the Regulars lounge has picked up a few more pages. And in that time I have picked up a new PS3 console, and a few new games. Not including Modern Warfare 2 though.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-11-12 06:51:39 Reply

At 11/12/09 06:14 AM, iCurrie wrote: I see the Regulars lounge has picked up a few more pages.

Indeed it has, but it's not often this thread is on the front page of the video game forums. It's a shame. I really wish this place was more active.

BBS Signature
iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-11-13 05:32:36 Reply

At 11/12/09 06:51 AM, GodsBitch wrote: I really wish this place was more active.

You'd think with the release of Modern Warfare 2, this place would be buzzing with regulars discussing how many times there hands accidentally traveled down their pants while playing the game.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-11-13 05:50:50 Reply

New Super Mario Bros. comes out tomorrow, right?

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-11-13 10:29:22 Reply

At 11/13/09 05:32 AM, iCurrie wrote: You'd think with the release of Modern Warfare 2, this place would be buzzing with regulars discussing how many times there hands accidentally traveled down their pants while playing the game.

Well no, not really. They have the "Official Modern Warfare 2" thread for that.

I'm a little annoyed that Modern Warfare 2 is finally out and I can't even play it. I seem to have mentioned this countless times in several different thread, but I'm at uni now and I've left the Xbox at home. I'd love to take it up here with me, but that would mean bringing a TV up as well. This results in my room having no form of entertainment for me whenever I go back home (most weekends).

I think I'm going to have to buy myself a second TV, or a PC monitor as recommended by a friend, and use that to hook my Xbox up to. I'm sure it will end up distracting me from my studies and what not, but I need to start playing Modern Warfare 2. Over the years, gaming really has been my main hobby/interest and I'd hate for it to leave me.

The only thing stopping me is money. I can't afford a new monitor and games right now. Luckily, Christmas isn't all that long away, and my birthday is a few weeks later, so I just might be able to treat myself.

BBS Signature
Theflamingamer
Theflamingamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-11-13 11:56:42 Reply

Xbox[but it broke] Xbox 360, SNES, Gameboy Color, SP, and Advance, PS2, Wii, Gamecube, and N64. Yes I am a nolife lol

"Chuch Norris can't think of me without dying." - Ben

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-11-13 15:17:34 Reply

Who else saw my domination of this board?

BBS Signature