New Topic Respond to this Topic
MetalDart
MetalDart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-08 20:53:32 Reply

At 9/8/09 08:51 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: well, we cant play. im getting the PS3 version to play with friends.

But we can still post about our experiences here.
Checkmate.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777
http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.
My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature
explodingbunnies
explodingbunnies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-08 21:06:46 Reply

At 9/8/09 08:53 PM, MetalDart wrote:
At 9/8/09 08:51 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: well, we cant play. im getting the PS3 version to play with friends.
But we can still post about our experiences here.
Checkmate.

i see your checkmate and raise you a game of checkers!

wait, what?

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.
PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-09 03:16:37 Reply

Has anyone ever bought a CD key from http://www.g2play.net before? One of the guys at college recommended it to me, so I went and bought a key for Left 4 Dead. Trouble is, the one I got is apparently invalid >:(

I've emailed Steam support, hopefully they'll work it out. If not, I'm gonna be pissed.

Serves me right for not just buying it directly through Steam I suppose. Nevertheless, it still pisses me off, since the site seemed legitimate enough - proper paypal gateway and everything.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-09 07:19:14 Reply

At 9/9/09 03:16 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Has anyone ever bought a CD key from http://www.g2play.net before?

Complain to g2play, it's their problem for giving you a shit key rather than Steams.

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-09 08:16:48 Reply

At 9/9/09 07:19 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Complain to g2play, it's their problem for giving you a shit key rather than Steams.

Yeah, did that, and it's all worked out fine now. Morons gave me an incorrect key. Anyway, it's downloading as I type this, so hopefully before too long I'll be blowing the heads off Infected necks.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-09 11:17:06 Reply

I'm having to make do without my Xbox 360 now that I've started university. No harm will come from this, but I'm going to miss out on the early days of Modern Warfare 2 which is a shame as I've really been looking forward to playing this game.

I have my laptop with me, which isn't really built for playing games, but it can handle several older games. In my free time when I have little else to do I am going to try and play right through Morrowind, something which I have never done before.

Once I've played that game dry, I'll be looking for something else that my laptop can handle. MMOs have been considered and I already own Guild Wars and World of Warcraft, although I no longer play either of the titles. I understand that these games take a lot of time and dedication if you want to get the full experience, but is my first week of uni is anything to go by I'm going to have a lot of time to spare. Not sure how much free time I'll actually have once my course starts though.

If anyone could recommend me some older PC classics, or some more modern titles that don't require too much in the way of system specs I would be most grateful. I have a list of all the games that I currently own linked in my sig ("My Game Collection").

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-09 12:26:50 Reply

Civilization IV is a must, Rome Total War too. Also look at indie games like World of Goo.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-09 13:39:46 Reply

At 9/9/09 11:17 AM, GodsBitch wrote: If anyone could recommend me some older PC classics, or some more modern titles that don't require too much in the way of system specs I would be most grateful. I have a list of all the games that I currently own linked in my sig ("My Game Collection").

Call of Duty 1 and 2 if you liked the others. 1 is a bit different from the rest of them (no regenerating health), but is still good, and 2 is the best in the series.

Star Wars Battlefront is awesome too. Don't need to be a Star Wars fan, but naturally it's more enjoyable if you are. Arguably better than 2, in that it has better maps and better classes, but it lacks a campaign mode, and there are no space levels (although you can use ships in ground based levels, something missing from 2).

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-09 16:22:40 Reply

At 9/9/09 01:39 PM, TheMaster wrote: Call of Duty 1 and 2...

Star Wars Battlefront is awesome too...

I might look into getting COD 2. Out of curiosity, does the multiplayer still have an active community?

As far as Star Wars games go, I think I'll stick with KOTOR. I've played Battlefield 1 and 2 on the PS2 and although good games, I just didn't find them as enjoyable as I would have liked.

Thanks for the response, it's appreciated, and once I get through Morrowind COD 2 might be the next addition to my games collection, assuming the multiplayer is still on the go.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-09 16:34:41 Reply

At 9/9/09 04:22 PM, GodsBitch wrote: I might look into getting COD 2. Out of curiosity, does the multiplayer still have an active community?

It was last time I played it, which was about a year ago. I'd assume it's still active.

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-09 21:53:03 Reply

At 9/9/09 11:17 AM, GodsBitch wrote: I'm having to make do without my Xbox 360 now that I've started university. No harm will come from this, but I'm going to miss out on the early days of Modern Warfare 2 which is a shame as I've really been looking forward to playing this game.

Yeah, I was in the same boat when I started at the beginning of this year. No more Smash Bros and Guitar Hero sucks a bit, but my laptop has a decent enough video card, so I've been getting by on stuff like TF2

What are your system specs, just out of curiosity? Since I'd highly recommend the rest of the Orange Box since you can run TF2. The original Halo isn't too bad either, and only needs a laughable 733MHz Processor, 128MB of RAM, and a 32MB videocard if I remember correctly.

Even most netbooks that are floating around these days can probably run it, as long as they have a CD drive.

TESIV: Oblivion isn't bad either, also I'd recommend some of the smaller games off Steam, such as Audiosurf. Worms4: Mayhem isn't bad either, though of course it's much more fun when you can play with mates. Maybe Left 4 Dead as well, though since you already have it for 360, I dunno how willing you would be to buy it again.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-09 21:58:32 Reply

Why don't you guys just take a console to university, anyway? I plan to take my PS3, and just run it through my PC monitor.

I suppose it might be more of a chore if you're going on the train or something, but if you're going by car it's hardly a lot of trouble. I'm taking a desktop PC, 24" monitor, PS3 and Guitar Hero controller, I don't understand why people limit themselves to a laptop.

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-09 22:01:41 Reply

At 9/9/09 09:58 PM, TheMaster wrote: Why don't you guys just take a console to university, anyway? I plan to take my PS3, and just run it through my PC monitor.

Meh, I don't feel like buying a new TV, since the Wii doesn't have VGA outputs. Plus I have little enough space in my room as it is, without a host of game controllers etc taking up even more space. I don't know what it's like in European/American residential colleges, but in Australia, they don't give you much room... and my college has the biggest average room size on campus.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-09 22:05:37 Reply

At 9/9/09 10:01 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Meh, I don't feel like buying a new TV, since the Wii doesn't have VGA outputs. Plus I have little enough space in my room as it is, without a host of game controllers etc taking up even more space. I don't know what it's like in European/American residential colleges, but in Australia, they don't give you much room... and my college has the biggest average room size on campus.

The room I'm getting is hardly big, but when you're running everything through one screen it doesn't really take up much space.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-09 22:17:57 Reply

Agreed with the space aspect, if you have enough room for a PC, you have enough room for a PC and an xbox/ps3. Probs not a wii but whatever.

I have an xbox at uni and it's fine. Though I had difficulty getting it online in the first year, in that I couldn't bridge its connection through my PC, which was totally homo and shit. This year I don't forsee any similar problems though.

BBS Signature
Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-09 22:54:46 Reply

Uni student here with residence on campus.

Here's my set-up. 42" flat screen. Brought a 360 and Wii (almost didn't bring the Wii, but damn, Metroid Trilogy and Muramasa looked good). All fits nice in the closet, though without the "walk-in" closet, I'd have no space to put anything. Works pretty flawlessly.

Also, I got a PS3 Slim, though I'm not sure where it'd fit. It's easy enough to unplug/replug consoles, though, so I'll most likely just replace the Wii whenever I'm in the mood to play PS3, and vice versa.

Oh, and anyone going TV shopping for college are better off getting at most a 37". The 42" fits in my room, but it's a pretty tight squeeze, and it can be awkward to work around.

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-09 23:57:19 Reply

At 9/9/09 10:54 PM, Chumbawamba wrote: Uni student here with residence on campus.

Wow, not bad... but does that mean you don't have any hanging room for your clothes?

Anyway, I think I might try and get a TV over the summer months, so I can take it with me next year.

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-10 03:54:20 Reply

At 9/8/09 04:33 PM, explodingbunnies wrote:
At 9/8/09 04:32 PM, Eclipse914 wrote:

Who can't wait for Heavy Rain?
the shitty sotry based game where the only gameplay is "Quick time events" no thanks, i would rather watch an interactive movie.

Then I'm guessing you don't like the Mass Effect series?
Speaking of which, anyone played the first Mass Effect game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-10 10:43:33 Reply

At 9/9/09 11:57 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Wow, not bad... but does that mean you don't have any hanging room for your clothes?

There are coat hangers throughout the room that I hang my jackets, and any overshirts I have I store in the dresser. If you do it neatly enough, they don't wrinkle.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-10 11:37:35 Reply

I have been tempted to bring my Xbox 360 and TV back and forth, but it's not something I'm willing to do every week. Since I arrived back at uni from a few days back home, I've found that I don't have as much spare time as I did the first few days. I've had enrolment events and the such, but even after these are over I'm not sitting in my room all too long. I brought Morrowind with my, as I've said before and still not yet had a chance to play it.

As for my laptop specs, they aren't that great which is why I was looking for recommendations of older games. It can run TF2, but not smoothly so I tend not to play it much at all.

The specs are as follows:
Processor - 2.0 GHz (not Dual Core)
RAM - 1 GB DDR2
Video Card - Up to 384MB (GeForce Go 6100 TurboCache)

I also only have an 80GB hard drive, but the most you can get out of it is 66.6GB and it is almost full so I don't really have the space for a lot of the newer games which take up a lot of room.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-16 17:52:58 Reply

Man, I got Civ 4 today, started playing a game at 4 o'clock, and now it's suddenly 7 hours later and I don't know what happened.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-21 18:04:02 Reply

I finally have all the Nintendo Systems. A Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), a Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES), a Nintendo 64 (N64), a Nintendo Gamecube (GCN), and a Nintendo Wii (Wii).

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-21 19:56:37 Reply

At 9/21/09 06:04 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I finally have all the Nintendo Systems. A Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), a Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES), a Nintendo 64 (N64), a Nintendo Gamecube (GCN), and a Nintendo Wii (Wii).

I've had a SNES sitting on top of my wardrobe for years, because I don't have the cables for it. Got it for £4 at a car boot sale, and didn't check it had them before getting it home.

Pretty redundant with emulators and whatnot now, though. Ever since Gamestation stopped stocking retro stuff there's no where to buy games for it over here any more, too. Shame, I used to buy loads of Mega Drive stuff from them. I don't think they even stock Gamecube or Xbox games any more, just PS2 and current gen.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-22 00:36:52 Reply

One problem though. The NES doesn't work. Now all I get is this crossfade on all the games. I think the NES is about to die.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-22 03:55:28 Reply

At 9/21/09 07:56 PM, TheMaster wrote: Ever since Gamestation stopped stocking retro stuff there's no where to buy games for it over here any more, too. Shame, I used to buy loads of Mega Drive stuff from them. I don't think they even stock Gamecube or Xbox games any more, just PS2 and current gen.

I know that my local store no longer sells any games older than the PS2 titles. They recently had all their Gamecube, Dreamcast and Xbox games priced at £1-2 in order to get rid of them all. It's been a while since I was last in there but I can imagine it's all gone buy now. I still see the odd pre-owned "retro" console on the window display, but they don't usually sit there long.

I wish I was able to find some games for my Atari 520ST. It is still fully working and I would have liked to have tried some of the better titles released on that platform.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-28 12:31:44 Reply

Hello all Videa Game Regulars!

You know I have a thread here that I keep up-to-date with called the Wii Virtual Console thread. It's where I post all new releases to the Nintendo Wii Virtual Console. I also post information on future releases whenever I can get my hands on said information.

I normally wouldn't do something like this, but this future virtual console title I feel I must share with all of you.

COMING SOON TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Kirby Super Star
Publisher: Nintendo
System: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Genre: Action, Platformer
Cost: 800 Wii Points

It's actually a set of seven different games plus some minigames: Spring Breeze, Dynablade, Gourmet Race, and The Great Cave Offensive are available from the get-go, while Meta Knight's Revenge, Milky Way Wishes, The Arena and a set of minigames become available later. These are all typical Kirby platformers, each one with its own set of levels and different gameplay. In most of them you can consume monsters and learn their special abilities like in previous games, but in Milky Way Wishes, abilities are instead collected in a manner similar to Metroid. The Great Cave Offensive features one gigantic level with various obstacles, hidden treasures and some elementary lever-pulling kind of puzzle solving. Meta Knight's Revenge is the only game on the cartridge with a (fairly strict) timer. The Arena is a "boss rush" mode, asking players to defeat every boss in the game with limited health refills and on one life. Kirby Super Star is best known for its two-player cooperative play option, which has given it a reputation as a party game.

We did get a remake on the Nintendo DS, however some will probably want the original Super Nintendo version more... I know I would.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-29 14:49:25 Reply

At 9/28/09 12:31 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I normally wouldn't do something like this, but this future virtual console title I feel I must share with all of you.

I have a Wii, but never use it. The Wii virtual console does seem like a great idea, but I never owned any of the Nintendo consoles so there's no nostalgia appeal for me there either. I will almost always buy old games consoles if I come across them at a reasonable price, but for some reason Nintendo never really made it into the collection.

Thanks for the update anyway, even though it doesn't really appeal to me.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-29 17:47:29 Reply

At 9/29/09 02:49 PM, GodsBitch wrote: Thanks for the update anyway, even though it doesn't really appeal to me.

Kind of a pointless post isn't it? You pretty much said...

"I don't care, but thank you"

WTF? Anyways it seems this lounge is dead. I say we steal it's extra lives and send it back to Level 0.

Yeah not very funny, but then again none of us here are funny.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-29 17:50:22 Reply

At 9/29/09 05:47 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Kind of a pointless post isn't it? You pretty much said...

"I don't care, but thank you"

It's point was to bump the thread. I don't want to see it die, although it's pretty much already there.

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-09-29 18:55:14 Reply

So Deadspace Extraction came out today. Looks pretty kickass, can't wait for some reviews.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.