Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 09:43 AM Reply

At 2/13/13 07:46 AM, Dean wrote:
At 2/13/13 07:27 AM, Auz wrote: It's really easy to do, trust me.

Just get one of those flat Lithium batteries, unscrew the back, carefully remove the old battery and replace it with the new one. Takes five minutes and I had a lot of fun replaying the game right after.
How did you actually remove it though? I'm assuming the batteries will be soldered in, so does that require de-soldering or did you just rip it out? I suppose you could do that and then just use electrical tape to hold the new battery in place, rather than soldering it.

No it's actually clamped in there by a small piece of metal. You can bend it a little bit (I suggest using a knife) and then you can remove the battery quite easily. Once you've inserted the new one you'll have to bend the clamp back again.

I used a small piece of rubber to ensure that the clamp is pressed onto the battery tightly, because I accidentally deformed the clamp a little bit too much. It didn't pose any problems and the game is working fine again.

There should be some tutorials around on the internet if you're unsure how to do it.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 10:56 AM Reply

At 2/13/13 09:43 AM, Auz wrote: There should be some tutorials around on the internet if you're unsure how to do it.

Yea, I saw a video and it's a lot simpler than I thought. Was thinking of getting a security bit to make removing the old Nintendo/Sega screws easier but the ones I found are a little more expensive than I'm willing to pay. I saw some tricks for turning old pen lids into an appropriate screwdriver, so I'll probably give that a shot whenever I get around to doing this.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 06:44 PM Reply

This is awesome to see in Liverpool.

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 06:53 PM Reply

At 2/14/13 06:44 PM, Bahamut wrote: This is awesome to see in Liverpool.

I have zero interest in that game, but that artwork is really cool.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 09:43 AM Reply

Got some more cool stuff in the post over the last few days:

- Complete boxed GBA copy of Breath of Fire. This'll be one for me to use on the Gameboy Player.

- Disney's Aladdin on MegaDrive. I have a bit of a nostalgic attachment to this game because it's the first game I have any memory of playing.

- Zombies (Ate My Neighbours) on MegaDrive. This is up there with Story of Thor as being my favourite MegaDrive game. How people can dislike this classic is beyond me. I'm not that great at it though, I think my best was getting to level 10 out of like 50 odd. This'll be awesome if I can ever get somebody to 2 player it with me though.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 10:04 AM Reply

At 2/14/13 06:53 PM, Dean wrote:
I have zero interest in that game, but that artwork is really cool.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to pick it up shortly after release. As much as I love MGS, this is a completely different take on the series so my mind can't really be set that MGS mood that I have with the other games. I'll give it a chance eventually, though but there's a few other games right now like BioShock Infinite and Tomb Raider I want to hear more about. I have a bad feeling at least one of these games are going to be one of the biggest bombs for 2013.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

UVSoaked
UVSoaked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 10:19 AM Reply

I love that typography. So beautiful.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 10:53 AM Reply

At 2/15/13 09:43 AM, Dean wrote:
- Disney's Aladdin on MegaDrive. I have a bit of a nostalgic attachment to this game because it's the first game I have any memory of playing.

Very good choice. Movie games weren't very good back in the day but this one always stood out because it was a good game. Too bad that lava level where you ride the flying carpet was a bitch. I think I first beat that game when I was seven.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 03:51 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 09:43 AM, Dean wrote: - Disney's Aladdin on MegaDrive. I have a bit of a nostalgic attachment to this game because it's the first game I have any memory of playing.

Oh wow, I just got that nostalgic feeling. Disney games for the MegaDrive were great. Need to make a purchase of some along with Streets of Rage I, II and Revenge of Shinobi.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 07:56 AM Reply

At 2/15/13 09:43 AM, Dean wrote: - Disney's Aladdin on MegaDrive. I have a bit of a nostalgic attachment to this game because it's the first game I have any memory of playing.

Oh god, that game was so god damn amazing.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 09:42 AM Reply

MGS Rising looks kinda cool, but I hate the name. "Revengeance"? That's not a word.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 09:57 AM Reply

At 2/21/13 09:42 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: MGS Rising looks kinda cool, but I hate the name. "Revengeance"? That's not a word.

It's a portmanteau of revenge and vengeance.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 10:14 AM Reply

At 2/21/13 09:57 AM, Oolaph wrote:
At 2/21/13 09:42 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: MGS Rising looks kinda cool, but I hate the name. "Revengeance"? That's not a word.
It's a portmanteau of revenge and vengeance.

I figured it might be, but then I thought it could have just been Engrish. If it is, then it's just plain corny.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 10:17 AM Reply

At 2/21/13 10:14 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: I figured it might be, but then I thought it could have just been Engrish. If it is, then it's just plain corny.

Yeah, it's pretty silly.

But this is Metal Gear we're talking about, you can expect a bit of corniness with anything attached to that franchise.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 10:17 AM, Oolaph wrote: But this is Metal Gear we're talking about, you can expect a bit of corniness with anything attached to that franchise.

The subtitles were always one of the consistently cool things about the series though. Gosh darn Sons of Liberty.

Spent today rearranging this room and putting together these argos book cases that are fucking never in stock ever. I'm happy with how they turned out.

More pics because I'm excessive:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/draw/4cddc101b61ed1aa9b024e3e c4592e1b
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/draw/0cece8a9c6a27f7c360550bb 72a03abe
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/draw/376da54d756ee09a97819861 40bdf949

Terrible quality because phone camera

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 06:14 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 05:51 PM, Jackho wrote: The subtitles were always one of the consistently cool things about the series though. Gosh darn Sons of Liberty.

"Subsistence" was a cool subtitle?

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 03:00 AM Reply

So, I've finally got that cash and sent my PS2 for repairs. Had problems with the lens ribbon and had no display when plugged in, so ashfdi

And the dude said they won't charge a dime if it's FUBAR, which I don't know whether it's a good thing or not considering I have this urge to replay all my fave PS2 games and that the Fire Emblem for the 3DS and God Eater for the PSP recently got my attention.

why can't my brain decide on one single thing ffs

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 03:40 AM Reply

So Black ops 2 is free to play on steam this weekend. I'm going to play it to see how big the differences are to that and mw3/bo1.

Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 11:38 AM Reply

At 2/21/13 06:14 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 2/21/13 05:51 PM, Jackho wrote: The subtitles were always one of the consistently cool things about the series though. Gosh darn Sons of Liberty.
"Subsistence" was a cool subtitle?

Subsistence is an actual word though, it means to live bear grylls style or something. It makes sense with MGS3, while "revengeance" is just ass.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 11:58 AM Reply

I got Fahrenheit in the post yesterday. Wanted to play this game for a while so I can't wait till I've got a bit of free time to get stuck into it.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 12:12 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 11:58 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: I got Fahrenheit in the post yesterday. Wanted to play this game for a while so I can't wait till I've got a bit of free time to get stuck into it.

Well, one of my games programming lecturers considers it to be his favourite game of all time if that counts for anything. Never played it myself.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 12:53 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 11:58 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: I got Fahrenheit in the post yesterday. Wanted to play this game for a while so I can't wait till I've got a bit of free time to get stuck into it.

Ah, Indigo Prophecy. It starts out very compelling, but towards the end, it's just..."what is happening?".

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 04:15 AM Reply

At 2/22/13 03:40 AM, LiquidFire wrote: So Black ops 2 is free to play on steam this weekend. I'm going to play it to see how big the differences are to that and mw3/bo1.

Didn't like it. Felt to much like the previous cods.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 06:32 AM Reply

At 2/25/13 04:15 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Didn't like it. Felt to much like the previous cods.

It was a downward slope after COD4 if you ask me. That game was great. So simple yet it worked. Then they started over complicating the classes and adding too many killstreaks. I think it started to ruin the fun on the game a bit because there was so much stuff flying around that could kill you.

I still find the more recent COD games fun IF I'm playing with friends. They're still a good laugh if you party up with people you know and joke around. I don't think I'd ever really want to play them on my own though.

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 07:14 PM Reply

I'm in the mood for expanding my Nintendo 64 collection and I need help deciding what to buy, most of the games that I really want are £35+ like Majora's Mask (£34.98, close enough) and Paper Mario (£56.99). Admittedly, that's not a massive amount of money but I've seen them cheaper in the past and want to wait and see if they drop over the next few months.

I've narrowed it down to a few of the cheaper titles that I do want/remember playing and enjoying:
Bomberman 64
Yoshi's Story
Hybrid Heaven
Donkey Kong 64 (I already have the expansion pack luckily)

Bomberman 64 is the only one I've played and I remember enjoying it when I was about 8 or so but most reviews don't seem so positive which kind of puts me off. I don't want the game entirely based on nostalgia, I want something that I'd enjoy.

Any thoughts, guys?

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 07:49 PM Reply

Hey! Is there something special to do to join the Lounge ?

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 08:24 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 12:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Ah, Indigo Prophecy. It starts out very compelling, but towards the end, it's just..."what is happening?".

I really liked Indigo Prophecy, it was fun as hell for me when I first played through it. I had never heard of the game, and found it at my mom's house. I figured I'd "borrow" it, and I had a great time. I'd never before played that kind of game before, so it was a very neat experience. I loved it all up until the game hit a part where the disc was damaged or scratched up too much, and I couldn't play anymore.

Either way, it opened my eyes to Quantic Dream, and influenced me to check out Heavy Rain once it came out, which is another game I really enjoyed.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 28th, 2013 @ 01:01 AM Reply

Got my PS2 back from repairs. Can't play some games, turns out it's because they're scratched pretty badly (a circular scratch mark). Plays back nicely on PCSX2.

God dammit.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 28th, 2013 @ 05:23 AM Reply

At 2/27/13 07:14 PM, VoidForce wrote: I'm in the mood for expanding my Nintendo 64 collection and I need help deciding what to buy

I'd go with Yoshi's Story.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 28th, 2013 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 2/27/13 07:14 PM, VoidForce wrote: I'm in the mood for expanding my Nintendo 64 collection and I need help deciding what to buy, most of the games that I really want are Ã'£35+ like Majora's Mask (Ã'£34.98, close enough) and Paper Mario (Ã'£56.99). Admittedly, that's not a massive amount of money but I've seen them cheaper in the past and want to wait and see if they drop over the next few months.

Perhaps you should look around a little more on gaming webshops, because that sounds like max price they're asking and indeed, I think you can find them cheaper. Consider checking European webshops outside the UK as well. They might sell them for 50 euros which could already save you quite a few bucks.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature