New Topic Respond to this Topic
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 02:53 PM Reply

Have any of you guys played Dust 514? A friend of mine wanted me to try it and I was wondering if it's any good.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 08:12 AM Reply

I used to read X360 and the Official Xbox Magazine, and another one but I can't remember what it was called. I used to enjoy them a lot, not even for the discs they gave out, I never really touched those. I just liked flicking through, reading articles about games I liked or games I was looking forward to, maybe even games I didn't know anything about beforehamd. It could be a lot of fun.

I haven't had one in a while though, they're quite expensive and I don't really have any need for them.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 08:44 AM Reply

So I played some chivalry on the free weekend, and I really loved it, so I had to buy it.
It's a really, really great game.

At 1/25/13 11:02 AM, Dean wrote: Only cost me Ã'£12 too, so if any of you guys like this kind of thing it might be worth checking out.

That's cheap. I might consider picking it up.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 10:33 AM Reply

*Copy-pasting the same shizz I posted in the AFL since it's video game related*

I'm planning to save up loads of cash (don't we all), and I'm intending that (hopefully) by the end of this year/sometime next year, I'm gonna get myself either a new handheld system or a new console.
Right now, these are the candidates:
Nintendo DS (or the 3DS, I don't know)
Playstation Portable (or the Vita)
A PS3
A Wii U
Is there anything I should expect from these systems? (E.g. big releases, how not-suck it is, etc.)

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 12:03 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 10:33 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: I'm planning to save up loads of cash (don't we all), and I'm intending that (hopefully) by the end of this year/sometime next year, I'm gonna get myself either a new handheld system or a new console.
Right now, these are the candidates:
Nintendo DS (or the 3DS, I don't know)
Playstation Portable (or the Vita)
A PS3
A Wii U
Is there anything I should expect from these systems? (E.g. big releases, how not-suck it is, etc.)

Getting a Wii U this early would be a bit of a waste and the PS3 probably has the best overall library of those.

I never cared for the DS but it has an enormous library that's fairly cheap for the most part now, and for the price difference you may as well go for the 3DS (they're backwards compatible, right?)

The PSP is easily my favorite handheld, but unless you're into JRPGs it's not really worth your time. The Vita is a paperweight.

I'd say either go for a PS3, or a PSP + a 3DS. Or be really fucking cool and get an amiga 1200.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 12:32 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 11:02 AM, Dean wrote: Just purchased a book from Amazon that I think looks pretty damn interesting. It's about 2 years old now I think but it's called "1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die".

Looks pretty nice. I've also seen a book called "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die" (same publisher I guess), which was fun to skim through as well.

Next time I'm in the book store I'll see if I can find the 1001 games book.

At 1/28/13 09:23 AM, Dean wrote: Do any of you guys purchase video game related magazines?

I had a few N64 magazines back in the day. There wasn't any internet yet so reading such magazines was the best way to get to know secrets about games, read game reviews and to know what new games were coming up.

I remember every issue had lots of stuff about Ocarina of Time since there were so many secrets in that game. Also, people send in letters with all kinds of bullshit ways in which you supposedly could obtain the Triforce, which was kinda funny.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 02:52 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 08:12 AM, Snuff wrote: I haven't had one in a while though, they're quite expensive and I don't really have any need for them.

Yea, magazines about current games are probably a bit pointless now in honesty, since the online game news sites cover all that stuff anyway. The only reason that I find Retro Gamer appealing, aside from me being a retro gamer, is that they have a lot of content that you're not going to find on the internet. They track down old game developers and interview them. There's articles about what it was like to work at certain studios in their day. They have features where developers give an insight to how a game was developers and stuff like that. It's obviously not for everyone but it seems like a magazine that's actually worth me buying because of it's unique content. Plus, it's just nice to read about retro stuff.

At 1/29/13 08:44 AM, LiquidFire wrote: That's cheap. I might consider picking it up.

My copy will probably arrive tomorrow or the following day, so I'll probably end up giving my opinion of it in this thread.

At 1/29/13 12:32 PM, Auz wrote: Looks pretty nice. I've also seen a book called "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die" (same publisher I guess), which was fun to skim through as well.

They also have one about books and albums. Those don't appeal as much to me but the books do seem like they'd be nice collectors items for anyone who's interested in that sort of thing. I'm hoping that by flicking through it I'll get inspiration to buy certain games I hadn't heard of or forgot existed.

I remember every issue had lots of stuff about Ocarina of Time since there were so many secrets in that game. Also, people send in letters with all kinds of bullshit ways in which you supposedly could obtain the Triforce, which was kinda funny.

Haha, yea the appeal of magazines must have been considerably better in the pre-internet days. It's not like I can claim to be a life long supporter of any magazine but I'd hate to see them die out. Thankfully, in the case of Retro Gamer, they seem to be growing. There's an increase in demand from Americans to get hold this British magazine and they seem to pay a a fairly high amount to get it.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 02:55 AM Reply

Is anyone else excited for Aliens: Colonial Marines? I'm a bit of a fan of the movies, and the game itself is looking awesome so far. Having drop-in, drop-out co-op campaign along with the various competitive modes sounds like it will have a shit-ton of fun to be had. It most definitely looks a lot better than that recent AvP game, so that's a good sign. Plus, it comes out on my birthday, so yaaay.

Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 08:03 AM Reply

My copy of "1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die" arrived today and although I've still not had a proper look at it, I have skimmed though it and thought I'd let you guys know what I thought, since some of you seemed interested in it.

First off, I'd say don't think of this as an actual list of the 1001 best games ever. It's more like a catalogue of gaming history. There are going to be games you'd expect to be in here that aren't and then you're going to think "Wait, they have room for WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 but they don't have room for the Star Ocean series?!" The book is also more focused on games from 2000 onwards. About Half of the book is games from 1970-2000 and the other half is games from 2000-2010. It is split into sections though, one for each decade.

At the front of the book you've got a big index that has all the games in alphabetical order. At the back of the books there's another sort of index that has developers in alphabetical order and then lists each of their games that are featured in the book. I suppose that can be handy because if you find a game in here that you're not familiar with but like the look of, you could always see if that developer has any other games featured in the book. I'm also pretty certain that you will come across games you're unfamiliar with. There are a lot of games in here that I hadn't heard of before and a lot of games I had heard of but didn't really know anything about.

I'd say it's definitely worth the £12 I spent on it though. It's a nice little catalogue of video games and it's the kind of thing that would make a perfect gift to any gamer who's interested in games from all eras. If someone gave me this as a Christmas gift for example, I'd be really happy to receive it. You could flick through this thing for hours, reading about some random games you've come across before. Plus, as someone who collects video games, it's just a nice book to have sitting on my shelf if I'm looking for ideas of what games to look out for.

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 08:23 AM Reply

At 2/1/13 08:03 AM, Dean wrote: My copy of "1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die" arrived today and although I've still not had a proper look at it, I have skimmed though it and thought I'd let you guys know what I thought, since some of you seemed interested in it.

Would you say that it seems better for nostalgia purposes or from what you've seen are there some games that seem to be hidden gems that you'd be interested in buying after reading about them?

Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 08:47 AM Reply

At 2/1/13 08:23 AM, VoidForce wrote: Would you say that it seems better for nostalgia purposes or from what you've seen are there some games that seem to be hidden gems that you'd be interested in buying after reading about them?

I've definitely come across games that I wasn't aware of and would like to buy at some point. It is good for nostalgia too I guess. Think of it as a catalogue containing a selection of games from 1970 onwards. Most games have a screenshot to give you an idea of what it's like, followed by a description which is usually about half a page in length. There are some games that don't have a screenshot but the vast majority do. You'll probably spend most of your time looking at screenshots and then reading the descriptions that are next to the ones you like.

I'd say you'll definitely be able to flick through this and think "woah, that game looks cool I'm going to buy it!" It's more a novelty item than a reference, I guess. You'll find games, look at the screenshot, read the description and then want to go online to find out more about the game. The book doesn't contain a great deal of information about each game, but enough to give you an idea of whether or not you might like it.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 08:48 AM Reply

I have been wondering, what systems actually count as retro these days?

I consider myself a bit of a retro gamer seeing as how even though I love my Xbox 360 I still play my SNES on a regular basis and still buy games for it online. I give any game a chance and don't care about how old it is and always jump at the chance to play arcade classics and the like. I am just wondering what exactly is "retro" now. If the N64 is retro then I feel old as hell.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 09:36 AM Reply

At 2/1/13 08:48 AM, Cootie wrote: I am just wondering what exactly is "retro" now. If the N64 is retro then I feel old as hell.

I think each person will have their own idea of retro. A lot of people will just look at graphics and if they see something that's 8-bit or 16-bit, they'll call it retro. As for me, I pretty much consider anything that's pre-current generation to be retro. Although I guess I still don't consider the PS2 era to be retro but I'd consider PS1 to be pretty retro by now.

As for the N64, yes, I do consider that a retro console and I think most gamers will but it's odd that a lot of people are quick to claim that the PS1 isn't retro. Isn't the PS1 older? I assume people just dismiss it because it didn't use carts or something. IDK.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 01:26 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 02:52 PM, Dean wrote:
At 1/29/13 12:32 PM, Auz wrote: Looks pretty nice. I've also seen a book called "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die" (same publisher I guess), which was fun to skim through as well.
They also have one about books and albums. Those don't appeal as much to me but the books do seem like they'd be nice collectors items for anyone who's interested in that sort of thing. I'm hoping that by flicking through it I'll get inspiration to buy certain games I hadn't heard of or forgot existed.

Yeah that's what I would use it for too. Just flicking through it to see if there's any interesting games I've never heard of.

At 2/1/13 08:48 AM, Cootie wrote: I have been wondering, what systems actually count as retro these days?

When I hear that I'm mostly thinking 8-bit 16-bit era and to some degree PS1 and N64, but I guess it's a very dynamic and loosely defined term.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 06:40 AM Reply

At 2/1/13 01:26 PM, Auz wrote:
When I hear that I'm mostly thinking 8-bit 16-bit era and to some degree PS1 and N64, but I guess it's a very dynamic and loosely defined term.

I guess it doesn't really hit you that the N64 was released in 1996.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 07:09 AM Reply

At 2/4/13 06:40 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 2/1/13 01:26 PM, Auz wrote: When I hear that I'm mostly thinking 8-bit 16-bit era and to some degree PS1 and N64, but I guess it's a very dynamic and loosely defined term.
I guess it doesn't really hit you that the N64 was released in 1996.

Yeah I know when it was released and I realise it was a long time ago (I got mine in 1997).

Like I said, I'm mostly thinking about the 8- and 16-bit era when I hear someone talking about retro games. However, I can imagine someone else might think everything up to the PS2/Gamecube/XBox, which may be more correct technically. I don't know. It's just my personal association.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 09:02 AM Reply

I just realised how idiotic I've been. I always feel like I never have enough free time to play video games any more which is quite frankly ridiculous because I'm only at uni 2 days a week just now. I've been trying to figure out how much of my free time should be spent doing uni work and if I put aside 12 hours for that (which seems like a reasonable about) each week, I'm left with about 48 hours of free time that I could spend gaming.

How can I have so much free time and still feel like it would be pointless to get started on some 70+ hour RPG? I could probably complete it in about 2 or 3 weeks. I decided to try and put together some kind of timetable to organise my free time. It's probably something that I'll never stick to but if I can stick to it, there's no reason that I wouldn't be able to start gaming again. Plus there's the added benefit of me actually setting a dedicated time aside to do work.

Really hope I can stick with this because I have a couple of uncommon or reasonably expensive games coming; The Story of Thor 1 & 2. The first is a MegaDrive game and the other is a Saturn game. In the US I think they were called Beyond Oasis and The Legend of Oasis. They look like decent action RPGs for a Sega console. Not really a genre they're famous for. Also got a couple of more modern games on the way. Darksiders 2 and Tales of Vesperia, both of which I've been wating to play for a long time. Tales of Vesperia in particular. I've never actually played and of the Tales games but the graphics on this title look amazing, in my opinion.

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 03:05 PM Reply

I'm trying to beat Morrowind for the first time and I'm quite liking it. My main gripe mainly has to do with the lack of a quest compass or mounts, besides that it's a brilliant RPG with some really neat areas to explore.

It deserves an HD remake.
TracyJacksonTAW
TracyJacksonTAW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 06:09 PM Reply

Platforms currently using: PC, XBox 360

PC: StarCraft II, SimCity (unreleased), Aliens: Colonial Marines (unreleased), FIFA 13, Sims 3, Team Fortress 2, PlanetSide 2, Civ 5, CS:GO

Xbox 360: Halo Reach, Halo 4, Madden NFL '12 and '13, Ghost Recon: Future Soldiers, MLB 2k12

TracyJackson
The Art of Warfare gaming community Member
Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 06:32 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 03:05 PM, Shade wrote: I'm trying to beat Morrowind for the first time and I'm quite liking it. My main gripe mainly has to do with the lack of a quest compass or mounts, besides that it's a brilliant RPG with some really neat areas to explore.

It deserves an HD remake.

I've picked it up again since yesterday and I feel like I'm nearing the end of the game now.

I agree that a quest compass would've been nice. The game gives some pretty vague directions sometimes and especially in some caves and buildings it's quite hard to find your way around. A better quest journal interface definitely would've helped too. It sometimes takes me quite a while to find a particular quest that I want to do and then find the directions from there.

As for mounts, I don't really miss them as much, but for the beginning parts of the game they would've been great. I needed to get my speed stat up to 80+ before I finally felt like my character had a decent running speed. At least there's plenty of transportation methods though.

Anyway, the game is very good in my opinion but I still prefer Oblivion.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 01:18 AM Reply

At 1/28/13 09:23 AM, Dean wrote:
So yea, any of you guys still buy gaming magazines?

I subscribed to GamePro Magazine for most of the 00s and let the subscription run out right before the magazine stopped being published. I still regret not getting the last few issues of that magazine.

Also, yesterday when I was out, I saw a sealed copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day on the N64 with a pricetag of 300 dollars attached to it. I was blown away. Have any of you dudes seen anything like that (Games over 100 dollars in stores) before? That seemed insanely pricey to me.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 01:41 AM Reply

Consoles Previously Owned: Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Colour and Nintendo DS Lite.
Consoles I've Played On: GBA, GBC, PSP, DS, Nintendo Wii, PS1, PS2, PS3, XBox, XBox 360, Arcade Machine, Nintendo 64, Nintendo 3DS.
Consoles I Want: GBA, GBC, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS Lite.
Favourite Video Games: Halo series, Pokemon, Mario Kart, and GTA.

I still wouldn't consider myself a gamer, I hardly play video games any more. :( But I still really like them.

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 06:41 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 01:18 AM, ZJ wrote: Also, yesterday when I was out, I saw a sealed copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day on the N64 with a pricetag of 300 dollars attached to it. I was blown away. Have any of you dudes seen anything like that (Games over 100 dollars in stores) before? That seemed insanely pricey to me.

I think a boxed copy of Conker's Bad Fur day can sell for about £100 in the UK. Even the loose carts probably sell for around £50. Sealed copies of collectable games shouldn't really be given a price tag because there isn't really a set value for them. They're worth whatever a collector is willing to pay for it, which can be an insane amount. There are probably people out there who'd consider $300 a bargain, assuming it is a legit sealed copy. Some stores might re-seal games themselves and list it as "sealed" because technically, it is.

Despite being a collector I don't think I'd ever get into the habit of buying sealed games, even if I had the money. I buy games to play them and to add them to my library of games, not so they can act as display pieces. If I was super rich I'd probably buy sealed games, open them and then play them. At least then it would be a similar experience to that of buying the game when it was released.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 07:01 AM Reply

Meant to include this in my last post but forgot.

Today is a great day. There's a copy of The Story of Thor sitting in my Mega Drive!

I haven't played a huge number of Mega Drive games. I've maybe played about 50 and most of them were on the Mega Drive compilation for Xbox 360. Of all the games I have played though, The Story of Thor (or Beyond Oasis if you're American) is by far my favourite. I'd say that this is probably the Mega Drive's equivalent of A Link to the Past. It really is a great game and it has really nice, colourful graphics too. I'd highly recommend this to anyone who's looking for an old-school action RPG.

So pleased to finally have a copy of this game!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 08:44 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 07:01 AM, Dean wrote:
Meant to include this in my last post but forgot.
Today is a great day. There's a copy of The Story of Thor sitting in my Mega Drive!

I haven't played a huge number of Mega Drive games. I've maybe played about 50 and most of them were on the Mega Drive compilation for Xbox 360. Of all the games I have played though, The Story of Thor (or Beyond Oasis if you're American) is by far my favourite. I'd say that this is probably the Mega Drive's equivalent of A Link to the Past. It really is a great game and it has really nice, colourful graphics too. I'd highly recommend this to anyone who's looking for an old-school action RPG.

So pleased to finally have a copy of this game!

Get The Lion King. It's Nintendo Hard.

I bought Halo 4 recently, but I'm having trouble playing it, I keep going back to GTA IV where I just fuck about on the swings. My housemate is going to buy an Xbox, he wants a JTAG'd one, but he'll settle for buying a stock one and just flashing the drive himself in order to save a fair share of money (but missing out on Homebrew and the like), so I don't imagine I'll actually have to buy a lot of games, other than those that I think deserve my money and I can get rid of a lovefilm subscription assuming he's cool with me using his Xbox (he works nights so...).

I'm so gutted about GTA V getting pushed back, but I don't want a TDKR experience again (getting it, thinking it's the best shit ever and then when I really think about it, it has a lot of faults and could have been a lot better), I definetly prefer a better game than an earlier game for sure.

Has anyone been following The Last of Us? It looks to be amazing, kind of like I Am Alive but not rushed and awful. It's your basic End-of-the-World kind of game (it has a vibe really similar to The Road if you've ever seen that) and you (A man named Joel) basically are escorting a teenage girl (14 year old Ellie) out of the city. You've got 2 types of enemies really, you've got other survivors who'll kill you for your stuff (and I seriously imagine the possibility of raping Ellie), the combat looks to be very realistic, you can pistol whip and throw punches, but it all just looks so natural. You can hold up enemies and take hostages with guns, and you can make weapons and tools like a Molotov Cocktails if you have the right ingredients. The second type of enemy are the "Infected", people who have been infected with a virus or fungus that is somewhat similar to the horrifying Cordyceps Unilateralis, the basic infected just attack as a person would (although they're not really themselves anymore), but they tend to cough a lot which is dangerous if you're too close. Then you get "The Clickers", these bastards have been infected for about a year now, over the years the fungus has deformed their heads horribly, first escaping from your eyes, which makes them blind, but they make a clicking sound, in order to track prey with some form of echolocation. These things are found in the dark, and it is shit scary.

The game just looks awesome, check out the gameplay videos.

Gameplay 1 - This mostly shows off some of the puzzle mechanics in the first quarter and then human enemies after that.
Gameplay 2- Motherfucking Infected and Clickers

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 10:40 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 08:44 AM, iMini wrote: Get The Lion King. It's Nintendo Hard.

See, I don't really like games that are intentionally hard. I have a few platformers on the Master System and Mega Drive that I'll probably never beat because I can never be bothered to keep replaying the same levels after every game over.

Today really has been an awesome day for me though. Because it was snowing here this morning I didn't bother travelling up to Edinburgh to go to uni, so I took the day off. Then the postman arrived carrying everything that I ordered from eBay over the weekend which was a surprise.

The Story of Thor arrived, as you could tell by my previous post, along with The Story of Thor 2 on Sega Saturn, Darksiders II and Tales of Vesperia. I've probably mentioned them in a previous post at some point. Been playing Story of Thor and it's great. Definitely my favourite Mega Drive game. Also really can't wait to get into Tales of Vesperia because it just looks so pretty.

But yea, more pics from me. People should post pics of their gaming related stuff more often. I like seeing pics.

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 06:15 AM Reply

Got Borderlands (The First). Even with friends, the game is mind-numbingly boring. I don't get why people like it so much.

Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 07:52 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 10:40 AM, Dean wrote:
See, I don't really like games that are intentionally hard. I have a few platformers on the Master System and Mega Drive that I'll probably never beat because I can never be bothered to keep replaying the same levels after every game over.

I managed to beat The Lion King as a kid, even if it was frustrating as hell.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 09:45 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 10:40 AM, Dean wrote: But yea, more pics from me. People should post pics of their gaming related stuff more often. I like seeing pics.

k.

My PS2 games collection is drawing closer to completion. Just nine games left to get. Unfortunately four or five of them are pretty expensive (compared to what I'm used to paying), so it might be a while before I pick those ones up. Not that I need them mind. According to backloggery, I've still got 105 games that are either un-completed or un-played. Wow.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 09:55 AM Reply

At 2/7/13 07:52 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/5/13 10:40 AM, Dean wrote:
I managed to beat The Lion King as a kid, even if it was frustrating as hell.

I remember that game. I had it on PC.

I could never get passed the second level where you had to growl at monkeys so they would throw you in certain directions. Perhaps I had a demo or a broken version though, because when I look at a let's play now I'm sure I've reached the end of the level several times. For some reason I always got dropped in the water.

Anyway, yeah it was a very challenging game from what I remember.

BBS Signature