New Topic Respond to this Topic
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-03 23:35:45 Reply

At 1/3/13 11:21 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I've had that J pop song from the opening of Dragon's Dogma stuck in my head for like 2 days straight.

It starts out so fucking awesome and then the piano fades away and the singing and guitar starts and it's all BUT THE SKY LOOKED THE SAME TO MEEEEEEEEE ... THE WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, INTO THE CLOOOOOOUDS AGAIN

Goddamn, I began to hate that. But I'm really glad you're enjoying the game. I'm looking forward to buying it again, but for some reason it is one of the very few that didn't go on sale during the holidays. I think that may have given it quite a few sales. Oh well, there's no worrying about a sequel since it did so great in Japan. Might have to import though.

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-04 06:17:07 Reply

Finished the story for Sleeping Dogs last night. Great game, just got one more favour to do and got quite a lot of the collectibles already.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-04 06:40:38 Reply

Got a boxed NES the other day. loving it. I absolutely suck at 8 bit games though.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/draw/74832a8c1ed9e5d218219d53 7d064098

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/draw/353d935706b0acb5260d4598 6a481ee2

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-04 06:54:29 Reply

At 1/4/13 06:40 AM, Jackho wrote: Got a boxed NES the other day. loving it. I absolutely suck at 8 bit games though.

I've yet to beat any of the 8-bit era games I own. I've beaten Sonic before but that was on the Xbox 360 version that allowed me to save at any point so it made it easier.

And seeing as you've posted images, I'm going to do the same in the hope that encourages other people to show us their gaming set-ups, if they have anything to show:

The majority of my game collection
The majority of my consoles

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-06 14:01:57 Reply

Dean and I talked about stuff and things. Can read here Zoom Zoom.

Sorry, but I've been playing more EarthBound lately. The Mr. Saturns have been getting to me. Just reached Fourside, saw The Runaway Five play. Now I gotta go find some gold. One might think gold is found in dem' hills, but apparently it's in a hole.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-06 15:32:55 Reply

Still playing Skyrim here.

I'm about 35 hours in so far and I'm still enjoying it. I don't particularly prefer it over Morrowind or Oblivion, but so far I think the game is great in its own right.

I'm just a little disappointed with the Mages Guild quest line though. I think they went for a short-but-sweet approach which I'm okay with, but at the end of it I couldn't help but feel that I became Arch-Mage waaay too quickly in the game. In Oblivion it was a 15 hours long quest line all together and in Morrowind I'm sure it's even longer (still only half-way in after God knows how long). In Skyrim it's like 5 hours and you're done...

At 1/6/13 02:01 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Dean and I talked about stuff and things. Can read here Zoom Zoom.

Sorry, but I've been playing more EarthBound lately. The Mr. Saturns have been getting to me. Just reached Fourside, saw The Runaway Five play. Now I gotta go find some gold. One might think gold is found in dem' hills, but apparently it's in a hole.

I thought this was about the point where the game really starts to get awesome. And random.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-06 15:43:59 Reply

anyone have recommendations for headsets with mics.

I'm looking to get into online gaming in the near future and I'm pretty sure I need those.

Not MLG though. Fuck those guys.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-06 20:35:46 Reply

At 1/4/13 06:40 AM, Jackho wrote: Got a boxed NES the other day. loving it. I absolutely suck at 8 bit games though.

That looks absolutely awesome man! I wish I had the original packaging for my NES. I can't tell what much of the game's on your shelf are but I think I see Yoshi's Cookie by Super Mario Bros. 3

Anyway, I absolutely suck at newer games (PS2, PS3, Xbox blah blah) so we both got to practice in our areas I see.

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-06 21:15:23 Reply

At 1/6/13 02:01 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Dean and I talked about stuff and things. Can read here Zoom Zoom.

I've always wanted to give EarthBound a shot and have heard great things but I've never gotten around to it. Sounds like you'd recommend it?

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-07 14:31:35 Reply

At 1/6/13 09:15 PM, VoidForce wrote: I've always wanted to give EarthBound a shot and have heard great things but I've never gotten around to it. Sounds like you'd recommend it?

Absolutely! I was lucky enough to track down a copy of it.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-08 05:30:24 Reply

Back to uni now so I don't think I'll really be playing many games for the next 12 weeks or so. Although I'm thinking I might actually try and play video games in my free time. I should probably be spending my free time working on my project and whatever else but if last semester was anything to go by, I spend too much time procrastinating and doing nothing anyway. Plus, I have 2 days off each week (4 if I include weekends) so I'm sure I'll be able to fit in some gaming time. Just depends on how much work I actually have this semester.

I really, really want to start playing Persona 3 and 4 but their length is sort of putting me off right now. I've also been wanting to play Twilight Princess and I can't imagine it's an overly long game so I might start on that. I'm terrible at deciding what I want to start playing. I'll spend so much time trying to pick a game that I never actually get around to playing any of them.

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-08 08:39:12 Reply

At 1/8/13 05:30 AM, Dean wrote:
I really, really want to start playing Persona 3 and 4 but their length is sort of putting me off right now. I've also been wanting to play Twilight Princess and I can't imagine it's an overly long game so I might start on that. I'm terrible at deciding what I want to start playing. I'll spend so much time trying to pick a game that I never actually get around to playing any of them.

You'd get a good amount of playtime out of Twilight Princess if memory serves. I'd rank it in my top 3 Zelda games though so I'd recommend getting it started.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-08 10:49:27 Reply

At 1/8/13 08:39 AM, VoidForce wrote: You'd get a good amount of playtime out of Twilight Princess if memory serves. I'd rank it in my top 3 Zelda games though so I'd recommend getting it started.

I'm taking a computer games programming class right now and the guy who's lecturing on the design aspect of games used Twilight Princess as an example of a game that he thought was really good. He said it's his favourite Zelda. Just looking at the screenshots made me want to play it. Maybe I'll get started on it tonight but it's a tough choice because I'm also really into watching Star Trek right now.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-08 19:35:22 Reply

Okay, this is exactly fucking why you can't make a huge open world RPG and not have multiple fucking save files. You'd think there would at least be a separate slot for the autosave.

I came across a glitch that won't allow me to complete the Decipher a Text quest. I talked to the merchant who does forgeries and he translated the text for me, then the quest updated as it should. But then, I noticed he had a woman's dress for sale and I remembered that there was an achievement for putting a male pawn in women's clothing, so I went ahead and did that. Then, I reloaded, because once you take a unequip a pawn's stuff, it's gone, which is fucking stupid. So, when I reloaded, the autosave had the merchant still with the red marker and the quest info still said "ask around town" even though the reason it autosaved right there in the first place was because my quest had updated after talking to that merchant. So, I talked to him again and he gave me the same dialogue that he's supposed to, but this time, it wouldn't update. I tried reloading twice after that and I had the same problem.

Mother of fuck, this is pissing me off.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-08 19:51:36 Reply

I just found a wiki for Dragon's Age and the page for this quest says that the "inquire around town" part is optional. Do you know if this is true, Makeshift? Cuz that would be a huge relief. I'd hate to restart at this point.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-08 19:57:47 Reply

At 1/8/13 07:51 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I just found a wiki for Dragon's Age

lol, I like that typo.

and the page for this quest says that the "inquire around town" part is optional. Do you know if this is true, Makeshift? Cuz that would be a huge relief. I'd hate to restart at this point.

Yeah, I actually stumbled upon the place you have to go, so I did it without talking to anyone first. Head to the place called Hillfigure Knoll, north on the map. Look around near the large sketch of a soldier drawing in the ground and you'll find a small hill type thing (a knoll, I guess) and I think it activates a cutscene, then you go inside a cave area and some somewhat cool story stuff happens.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-08 19:59:31 Reply

At 1/8/13 07:57 PM, Makeshift wrote: Look around near the large sketch of a soldier drawing in the ground and you'll find a small hill type thing (a knoll, I guess) and I think it activates a cutscene, then you go inside a cave area and some somewhat cool story stuff happens.

Here's a map, by the way. See that bit of path in the shape of a soldier at the top? You'll have to zoom in.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-08 22:21:36 Reply

At 1/8/13 07:57 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 1/8/13 07:51 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I just found a wiki for Dragon's Age
lol, I like that typo.

lol woops.

Thanks a lot for the map. I was hoping there would be one.

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-09 11:15:41 Reply

Has anyone here played the new Mechwarrior Online? I decided to try it out since I built my new computer and man it's fun. Also one of the best looking games out there imo

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-12 04:11:31 Reply

So I just finished the Devil May Cry HD Collection. It was a pleasure to visit these games. Although they weren't as good as I remembered them to be.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-12 06:02:30 Reply

At 1/12/13 04:11 AM, LiquidFire wrote: So I just finished the Devil May Cry HD Collection. It was a pleasure to visit these games. Although they weren't as good as I remembered them to be.

I bought DMC 1-3 on PS2 a while back because everyone always talks about how good those games are. I didn't get too far but I wasn't finding it to be that great. I was playing the first game and I think I got stuck on the first boss. It was some spider/scorpion thing? After several attempts I realised I wasn't having any fun so just dropped them and started playing something else.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-12 10:53:06 Reply

At 1/12/13 06:02 AM, Dean wrote:
At 1/12/13 04:11 AM, LiquidFire wrote: So I just finished the Devil May Cry HD Collection. It was a pleasure to visit these games. Although they weren't as good as I remembered them to be.
I bought DMC 1-3 on PS2 a while back because everyone always talks about how good those games are. I didn't get too far but I wasn't finding it to be that great. I was playing the first game and I think I got stuck on the first boss. It was some spider/scorpion thing? After several attempts I realised I wasn't having any fun so just dropped them and started playing something else.

I'd really recommend trying them out again, and playing on easy if you're not used to that kind of games.
Devil May Cry can be really unforgiving on normal and piss easy on easy. Which is one of it's biggest flaws to be honest.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-13 02:38:26 Reply

mamz went OD spastik n sed if i aint getten a dota 2 beta key sumhow she guna kold smok my shit so u no me tha man wit tha plan ye son i went str8 to valve hedquarterz 2 meet my dad gabe 2 giv him mi daily son 2 fatha rimjob n i gave him a reacharoun n a str8 up handy n dat was enuf to gag up mi swag n he gav me dota 2
DOLLA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-13 21:21:50 Reply

Hey, Makeshift, what are some good ways to earn rift crystals quickly? I don't have Live, so I can't rent out my pawn.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-13 21:57:28 Reply

At 1/13/13 09:34 PM, Protagonist wrote: If not, you can always go into the rift and add people who have pawns of the same level as you, and ask them to mutual rent. Hope this helps.

Thanks. The thing is, though, I can't even get online with my 360. I can't get wifi to work and I have no modem or any outlets for internet upstairs. I might need to get a new wireless router.

Does completing a quest always get you rift crystals or only sometimes?

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-15 22:42:40 Reply

At 1/13/13 10:00 PM, Protagonist wrote: Ah I see, you can't access live at all. I think rift crystal rewards from quests are completely random, your best bet is getting them as random drops from enemies. But that would take way too long to get the desired amount, I'm afraid until you can get online you don't have much options. Sorry!

dang. Well, at least I have no interest in buying any of those items that let you change your main pawn's appearance. I'm quite happy with how I made her. I made her a strider with the shortest height possible and pointy elf ears so she looks like a halfling. I think she's pretty cool. I named her Leimu, which is finnish for "flame".

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-16 21:55:21 Reply

At 1/16/13 06:10 PM, Protagonist wrote: It sounds tough, but if you do strider to level 100, and maybe ranger to level 200 you'll find she will be really good at that specific vocation.

Yeah, I'm pretty set on having her as a strider. I like the specials. same with having my character as a fighter.

If you're into that sort of thing. If you ever get online let me know, I'll rent your pawn.

I dunno. It'll probably be a while.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-25 11:02:16 Reply

Just purchased a book from Amazon that I think looks pretty damn interesting. It's about 2 years old now I think but it's called "1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die". It starts with games from the 70's and goes up to 2010. It's perhaps worth pointing out that at least half the book seems to be games from 2000 onwards and there's probably some games that should have been taken out and replaced with better games that aren't in there, but it seemed like a nice book for me to have as a video game collector. More of a keep-sake than an actual "best of the best" guide type thing.

The book itself doesn't go into much detail on the games but the quality of the book itself seems pretty awesome. Some big full page screen shots in colour and such. Definitely seems like something I'd skim through from time to time and will no doubt give me ideas of games to try and get copies of.

Only cost me £12 too, so if any of you guys like this kind of thing it might be worth checking out.

Picture from Amazon. I literally just ordered my copy so don't have it yet.

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-28 09:23:06 Reply

Do any of you guys purchase video game related magazines?

I was watching HappyConsoleGamer's video about the last ever issues of Nintendo Power magazine. It made me miss my days of flicking through magazines. Back the in PS2 days I'd pick up a PS2 based magazine if it had information on a game I was looking forward to. Today I had to go into town and while I was there I thought I'd take a wander into WHSmiths (place that sells books, magazines and stuff) and have a look through their magazine section. I expected there to not be all that much but to my surprise there was plenty of them. There was a whole shelf dedicated to video game magazines.

Anyway I left the shop with a copy of Retro Gamer magazine. Flicking through it brings back a kind of nostalgia. Not because of the games featured in it, but because I've not had a magazine since I was in my early teens. Then I discovered that there's a 50% off voucher in here, so I can subscribe and get 6 issues for £15. I'm probably going to subscribe if the content in here is any good, which it probably will be.

So yea, any of you guys still buy gaming magazines?

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-01-28 14:48:07 Reply

What the hell? I've had this problem with Sleeping Dogs twice, now. I go to continue my game, and a big chunk of progress is gone and I'm sent back to an earlier point in the game. This game autosaves after freaking everything, so I know neglecting to save isn't the issue.

I'm manually saving this shit from now on.

At 1/28/13 09:23 AM, Dean wrote: Do any of you guys purchase video game related magazines?

I used to get PSM and the Official Playstation Magazine years ago. And for a year, I got Electronic Gaming Monthly because I got a deal at Gamestop when I bought Bioshock. But no, I don't bother with magazines anymore. I get news on the internet. IGN and /r/gamernews are my usual places to look.

BBS Signature