Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 09:52 PM Reply

Change o' plans.

I found another SNES and the guy was looking for a DS for trade. His comes with 2 controllers and "some soccer game". So I offered the DS Lite I just bought off my brother (never even bought a game for it) and he's fine with that. He just wants to see the condition of it and I'd like to see a picture of his SNES anyway. With the other guy I'm now trying to work out a trade for just a couple of my Saturn games for his Castlevania IV and Wind Waker. Then I can finally go on an eBay bidding spree; I've got a huge list.

Which is the better Mega Man? 7, X, or X2?

powerdude964
powerdude964
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 09:39 AM Reply

I'm kinda new, so I'll just get this over with:

Consoles Owned:

PS2, PS3, 360, Wii, 3DS, GBA, and also an NES.

Usernames:

PSN: Powerdude964 (I don't go online on 360 because my internet connection on there is crapnuggets)

Games I usually play:

LittleBigPlanet 2, Marvel VS Capcom 3, Modnation Racers and Super Street Fighter 4 3D Edition.

" Finding originality on newgrounds is like reaching into a fishbowl and saying that you're fishing" -Natick
Check out my Reddit, dudes.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 09:52 AM Reply

At 9/14/12 09:52 PM, Makeshift wrote: Which is the better Mega Man? 7, X, or X2?

It just depends on whether you like the Mega Man classic format or the MMX format more. Most people prefer MMX but MM7 is definitely worth playing, especially if you haven't played Mega Man before. It got average reviews for not bringing much new stuff to the table but it's a great game in it's own right.

X2 is a superior game to X technically but I think it just depends on which you play first.

Regardless of which you get you should try to get your hands on 7, X, X2 and X3 in the future.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 16th, 2012 @ 01:05 AM Reply

At 9/15/12 09:52 AM, Jackho wrote: Regardless of which you get you should try to get your hands on 7, X, X2 and X3 in the future.

Yeah, I'd like to get all of them. Just looking around on eBay, Mega Man 7 is pretty damn expensive. I could get X for a good price, so I'll probably start out with that. I might be able to get Final Fantasy II for $25, which is about half of what it goes for on eBay. Need to hear back from this guy first.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 16th, 2012 @ 07:34 AM Reply

At 9/16/12 01:05 AM, Makeshift wrote: Just looking around on eBay, Mega Man 7 is pretty damn expensive.

The Japanese version (Rockman 7) is much cheaper but you'll need to alter your SNES or get an adapter.

You north americans don't know how good you have it, half of the best SNES games were never released over here and even with an adapter several games refuse to run at 50hz. To top it off we get shittier cartridges and black bars at the top and bottom of every game.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 16th, 2012 @ 08:42 PM Reply

At 9/16/12 07:34 AM, Jackho wrote: You north americans don't know how good you have it, half of the best SNES games were never released over here and even with an adapter several games refuse to run at 50hz. To top it off we get shittier cartridges and black bars at the top and bottom of every game.

Ha.

I'm getting Final Fantasy II for $25 on Tuesday. Sweet deal.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 16th, 2012 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 9/16/12 08:42 PM, Makeshift wrote: I'm getting Final Fantasy II for $25 on Tuesday. Sweet deal.

And the guy who I'm buying it from decided he's going to give me a SNES... just because.

I live in Canada
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 28th, 2012 @ 07:29 PM Reply

I've been offered a blue 3DS with the 20 ambassador games, plus Mario 3D Land and Pilot Wings for my Vita with no games. I don't know if I should do it because I kind of want money, but I'm not getting any good offers for my Vita and I've been wanting to try a 3DS. I hate decisions.

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 28th, 2012 @ 07:31 PM Reply

At 9/28/12 07:29 PM, Makeshift wrote: I've been offered a blue 3DS with the 20 ambassador games, plus Mario 3D Land and Pilot Wings for my Vita with no games. I don't know if I should do it because I kind of want money, but I'm not getting any good offers for my Vita and I've been wanting to try a 3DS. I hate decisions.

Makeshift - the king of game related deals.

Movie of the Week: Angel's Egg (1985)

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 11:10 AM Reply

At 9/12/12 06:50 AM, LiquidFire wrote: It really sucks having to leave for work at 06:45am and come home again 07:00pm. I barely have time for video games anymore.

Same, I spend my entire weekends playing video games now just cause I don't have time for it during the week.
I leave for work at 5am and get back at around 4:30/5pm. And by the time I get home I'm so fucking tired that I just go to sleep and have like 2 hours in the morning for computer time.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 11:22 AM Reply

Think it has been about a month since I last played a video game now. I switched my Xbox on a couple times to use it as a DVD player but that's about it. The strange thing is that I don't really miss gaming. The amount of time that I spend playing video games has diminished a lot over the years, with the exception of of 1-2 years ago when I was playing Xbox on a daily basis with a regular party of people.

My collecting has pretty much come to a standstill too. I've not bought a game for a while. I think Final Fantasy XI was the last thing I got. Ebay used to be something that I'd browse every day to see if I could get a decent deal on games but now I never even bother looking at it.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 11:30 AM Reply

At 9/29/12 11:22 AM, Dean wrote: Think it has been about a month since I last played a video game now. I switched my Xbox on a couple times to use it as a DVD player but that's about it. The strange thing is that I don't really miss gaming. The amount of time that I spend playing video games has diminished a lot over the years, with the exception of of 1-2 years ago when I was playing Xbox on a daily basis with a regular party of people.

My collecting has pretty much come to a standstill too. I've not bought a game for a while. I think Final Fantasy XI was the last thing I got. Ebay used to be something that I'd browse every day to see if I could get a decent deal on games but now I never even bother looking at it.

I just got a new PC that can run everything smoothly at max settings, so I've been gaming like fucking crazy lately. That and I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics for PSP's multiplayer with a friend from work, so now I have a reason to level my party up and master all the classes and shit.

I wish there were less amazing looking console-exclusive games, though. I really hate seeing a great looking game and finding out that it isn't being released for PC. Also on the subject of my new PC, I can't wait until my 1TB hard drive gets here so I can install every game I own on Steam. Right now I'm stuck with like 200GB.

Lucian-MK-IV
Lucian-MK-IV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 12:13 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 11:30 AM, Squidbit wrote: Right now I'm stuck with like 200GB.

I have 4 internal hard drives (1TB, two 500GB and one 250GB) and 2 external used mainly for backup (500GB and 250GB). With the way games keep getting bigger and bigger one day even that might not be enough.

"GROOOOAAAAAR!!!!" - Tyrannosaurus rex, 65 million years ago

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 12:50 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 11:30 AM, Squidbit wrote: I just got a new PC that can run everything smoothly at max settings, so I've been gaming like fucking crazy lately.

I meant to mention in my post that I've been considering building a PC in the near future. I'm still debating with myself whether or not it's worth it because I've never been a PC gamer and don't have all that many PC games so it's going to mean having to add the expense of on top of the cost for all the parts I'd need. Not to mention my budget would be fairly small, I think. I'm starting to lose interest in current gen console gaming and I'm thinking that I might not bother with the next generation at all, so making the switch to PC gaming might be a worthy investment.

I've never built a PC before but I'm selling my share of a car that I never use so should be getting about £500 sometime soon. That should give me enough to build something, but I'm not sure if it will be any good. Keeping in mind that a copy of Win7 alone is over £100, so that knocks out a big chunk of the budget. If I wait until January I might have a little more seeing as it will be my 21st birthday and for whatever reason people consider 21 to be a milestone and they like to send you money.

Really tempted to stick with this idea but it's a lot of money for something that I might not put to full use very often.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 10:30 PM Reply

At 9/28/12 07:31 PM, Oolaph wrote: Makeshift - the king of game related deals.

I can't find good deals on Super Nintendo games anywhere. :c

I'm trading my Vita tomorrow for Mega Man X, Street Fighter II Turbo and $110. I feel like it's worth more money than that, but I can't seem to get rid of the thing. I have about 50 or so emails from people interested, but with shitty offers, apart from a couple.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 9/29/12 12:50 PM, Dean wrote: Really tempted to stick with this idea but it's a lot of money for something that I might not put to full use very often.

Seeing as I've got all those untouched Steam games, I'd at least have fun with a fully built desktop. I tried to use a laptop but it eventually sucks hard for video games as age takes a toll. Once I move out, I'll look into getting a desktop but if this laptop dies by then, it will have to be another laptop to tide me over. Hopefully there are laptops out there that are at least decent for two years.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 10:51 AM Reply

At 9/30/12 10:15 AM, Bahamut wrote: Hopefully there are laptops out there that are at least decent for two years.

If money was no object, I'd love to get a Razer Blade laptop. Those things look so nice but they're incredibly expensive. I highly doubt that, regardless of income, I'd be willing to spend so much on a laptop though. Even one as nice as that.

At some point I'm going to try and put together a list of computer parts in order to see what kind of system I could build with my budget. There are a few downsides to it all though. First off, to save money I'd probably have to stick with the peripherals that I'm currently using (keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers) and none of them are particularly great. They're usable, but if I was going to the bother of building a semi-decent PC, I'd want some decent peripherals to go along with it.

I might be able to make a saving as far as the operating system is concerned though. Win7 costs over £100 but as a computer science student, I should still have free (legal) access to a copy of Win7 Professional.

I've never attempted to assemble my own PC before and I'm not really up to date with the current costs of hardware. Is anyone able to give a suggestion of what sort of a system I'd be able to build for around £500-600? That price wont include an OS or the peripherals mentioned earlier. That price only has to include the case and everything that would go inside it.

Really, really tempted to go with this PC building idea but it all boils down to whether or not my money can get me a system worth building.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 03:52 AM Reply

So I started playing Dungeon Defenders some time ago, and to be honest, it's pretty hard. I was expecting it to be a stroll in the park on medium, but I failed the levels so many times that I ended up playing it on easy.

But I'll go back to medium/hard once my character is at a higher level.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 06:36 AM Reply

At 10/21/12 03:52 AM, LiquidFire wrote: So I started playing Dungeon Defenders some time ago, and to be honest, it's pretty hard.

Are you playing solo or with other people? Me and my mate went through a Dungeon Defenders phase and we were pretty hooked on that game. We'd play it for hours and got some pretty decent characters. It's pretty hard to play on your own though. You pretty much need other people to help out and it usually helps if they're not the same class. I tried doing it solo a couple times and I just couldn't get into it that way.

BBS Signature
Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 07:40 AM Reply

At 9/30/12 10:51 AM, Dean wrote:
Really, really tempted to go with this PC building idea but it all boils down to whether or not my money can get me a system worth building.

I highly suggest you PM me so we can work something out.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 08:16 AM Reply

At 10/21/12 07:40 AM, Oliver wrote: I highly suggest you PM me so we can work something out.

My mind is wandering from the idea of building a PC. I might still go ahead with it but right now I'm thinking it's unlikely. I just don't game enough any more to justify spending so much money on a PC. I'm thinking that I'll just keep the money I got from selling my car and put it towards getting a bike license. That way I'd actually have some transport that doesn't cost an insane amount to use. Not sure how much the process of getting a license, a bike, insurance and all the other stuff costs though, so it still might be out of my league for now.

BBS Signature
X1SephX
X1SephX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 01:44 PM Reply

At 10/21/12 08:16 AM, Dean wrote:
At 10/21/12 07:40 AM, Oliver wrote:

How active is the Computer Construction Crew? Or the whole forum in general because I posted there yesterday but didn't notice the long time gaps between posts.

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 03:02 PM Reply

At 10/21/12 01:44 PM, X1SephX wrote:
How active is the Computer Construction Crew? Or the whole forum in general because I posted there yesterday but didn't notice the long time gaps between posts.

It's probably a graveyard, I'm not too sure.

X1SephX
X1SephX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Oct. 22nd, 2012 @ 09:36 PM Reply

At 10/21/12 03:02 PM, Oliver wrote:
At 10/21/12 01:44 PM, X1SephX wrote:
It's probably a graveyard, I'm not too sure.

Well that sucks, if anyone would like to help me with this feel free to post.

:While I'm searching, could anyone recommend some parts for the PC I'm building? First timer, for the most part there is :no budget. It's going to be used all the time of course, using music programs like FL, maybe some gameplay :recording/editing. Gaming will be the main purpose of the PC. I don't want to mess with overclocking just yet as well as :water cooling, a bit hesitant on that aspect. I'm not sure if I should buy an external sound card to get more from my music :or games.

:Also, is this a good time to build a computer? Some people say so and so month is the best time of year to buy a TV, car :etc. From what I've read a while ago Windows 8 wasn't being met with any good reviews and the people preferred Win 7, I :too seem to prefer Win 7 any other input you may add?

:I always use amazon to buy stuff, but I have checked out Newegg and TigerDirect in the past, which have better prices :overall when it comes to computer parts?

:Any other information that you would like me to provide that would better help the suggestions?

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:46 AM Reply

At 10/21/12 03:02 PM, Oliver wrote: It's probably a graveyard, I'm not too sure.

Yea, I think when users like PolishMatt and ThoseSneakyFrench stopped posting, that place pretty much became useless. There were probably some other people who contributed to that thread but those two seemed to be the guys you'd want to speak to about building a computer.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:23 AM Reply

At 10/21/12 06:36 AM, Dean wrote:
At 10/21/12 03:52 AM, LiquidFire wrote: So I started playing Dungeon Defenders some time ago, and to be honest, it's pretty hard.
Are you playing solo or with other people? Me and my mate went through a Dungeon Defenders phase and we were pretty hooked on that game. We'd play it for hours and got some pretty decent characters. It's pretty hard to play on your own though. You pretty much need other people to help out and it usually helps if they're not the same class. I tried doing it solo a couple times and I just couldn't get into it that way.

I played it solo. I never play with other people the first time I complete the campaign. Since most people ruin the experience for me.

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:51 PM Reply

In regards to X1SephX's post, given your guidelines I'd recommend;

Intel i5 2500k 3.3ghz(I think) CPU
Any 1155 socket compatible Motherboard
a 500w+ Power Supply
8GB of DDR3 RAM
Either a Radeon HD 7850
or an Nvidia GTX 650 ti
A hard drive of your choice, probably a 1TB one from the sounds of things
And a case of your choosing, as long as it supports ATX or Micro ATX which most do anyway
You'll also need to research some sound cards, as I'm not reallllllly that well versed on them.

Don't follow that word for word, just use it as a general guide, as most of that is pretty much the norm for gaming/creative PCs, feel free to get more RAM or what have you. You can also get things like a bigger power supply or an after market cooler for your CPU also.

As for places to buy from, I take it you're from the US? If so then yeah, you can buy from Newegg, Tiger Direct and places like Amazon, feel free to shop around to save yourself money.
Sorry if this post doesn't make sense, I'm tired.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 10:25 AM Reply

Decided to buy Plants vs. Zombies on Steam seeing as it's only £1.74 or something just now. Jackho's mentioned how good it is a couple times so I thought I'd get it. Little late to the party, I know. Also tempted to get the complete Magika pack but I don't have a Windows PC to run it on.

Actually leaning more towards spending my money on a new PC again instead of putting it towards a bike license. I'll probably wait a few months though.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 12:46 PM Reply

At 10/30/12 10:25 AM, Dean wrote: Decided to buy Plants vs. Zombies on Steam seeing as it's only Ã'£1.74 or something just now. Jackho's mentioned how good it is a couple times so I thought I'd get it. Little late to the party, I know. Also tempted to get the complete Magika pack but I don't have a Windows PC to run it on.

Plants vs Zombies is fun for sure. It's been a few years since I last played it so if they've updated the game I've not seen what they've changed. I just went through one playthrough of it and left it at that.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 01:55 PM Reply

Halloween sale on steam. I snagged left 4 dead 2 and amnesia the dark descent for $5 each. Theres Moooooooore. Alan wake is $7.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature