New Topic Respond to this Topic
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 06:20 AM Reply

It was double XP this weekend on Killzone 3, finally made Commander in Chief. Too bad it isn't as popular as CoD, it's so much better.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 09:29 AM Reply

At 8/25/12 06:52 AM, Dean wrote: I do sort of wish I had a PS3 just so I could play one game. Metal Gear Solid 4. It was only this summer that I played through the previous MGS games and I can see why people love them. I think it probably gets a spot up there as being a potential favourite series of mine.

Yes. This! If you enjoyed and understood the plot of the previous games then MGS4 will be a heartfelt closing finale in the series for you. I've often considered selling my PS3 when I get bored of most of the exclusives but then I look at poor Solid Snake's face and decide PS3 is a must always have console for me.

The Shadow of the Colossus and Ico Collection does sound cool. I'm sort of picky about that though and I'd rather have the original games but it would probably work out cheaper to buy the HD remakes over here. I'm not really sure how the logic behind that works but whatever.

Yeah I don't normally buy remakes and collections but what with there being MGS HD, Ratchet & Clank HD, Ico & Shadow of the Colossus, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper and all those remakes I really don't think I'll be going back to my PS2 anytime soon.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 09:58 AM Reply

At 8/25/12 06:52 AM, Dean wrote: I do sort of wish I had a PS3 just so I could play one game. Metal Gear Solid 4. It was only this summer that I played through the previous MGS games and I can see why people love them. I think it probably gets a spot up there as being a potential favourite series of mine.

I suppose you've not played MGS4 yet. I would mention one favourite moment of mine but it might spoil it for you so I won't say until further responses.

The Shadow of the Colossus and Ico Collection does sound cool. I'm sort of picky about that though and I'd rather have the original games but it would probably work out cheaper to buy the HD remakes over here. I'm not really sure how the logic behind that works but whatever.

It's 20 pounds on Amazon. I'm wanting to cut back on my spendings but damn, that's a tempting price. I intend to sell off some games so maybe if I make at least 20 from that, I could go ahead and buy the HD collection from Amazon. I just hope I don't get gamer's block from them as that's been an issue with me lately, especially for games I've not played before. I can only think to myself that if I cannot get into those games, at least someone out there will want them.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 10:36 PM Reply

Well I finished Uncharted 3 already and it was quite disappointing. I'm just a few hours into inFamous 2 and so far that isn't coming out so good either. I thought these were supposed to be two of the greatest PS3 games, but they're really just boring. I haven't played much of 3D Dot Game Heroes, but it seems like it will be a lot of fun.

The Vita had a big update, finally adding PSone Classics to the store. I think I'll buy FFVII since I've never played it and then I'll be able to experience it during school when that starts up next week. The best thing about the Vita is all the PSP and PSone games I'm able to choose from.

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 06:16 AM Reply

I started playing Castle Wolfenstein but quickly got sick of it. Not a great game. I might go back to it at some point in the future and work my way through it. It sounds like the enemies get much better as you progress.

Moved on to Metal Gear Solid 2 instead. Fantastic game, and I can't believe I've waited this long to play it. Like the masses, I don't like Raiden, but that's really my only negative comment. Only started it yesterday but I think I played for about six hours, which is rare for me these days. Probably gonna play for something similar today. Right now I'm at the part where you're finding and freezing six bombs. Got four so far, just the last two to get.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 06:51 AM Reply

At 8/29/12 06:16 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Moved on to Metal Gear Solid 2 instead. Fantastic game, and I can't believe I've waited this long to play it. Like the masses, I don't like Raiden, but that's really my only negative comment. Only started it yesterday but I think I played for about six hours, which is rare for me these days. Probably gonna play for something similar today. Right now I'm at the part where you're finding and freezing six bombs. Got four so far, just the last two to get.

You're forgetting the other big problem with MGS2 and that's ALL THAT FUCKING DIALOGUE WITH ROSE AND RAIDEN! Seriously, it can actually go to the point where a mandatory call from her is made and it's just more bitching and whining. As for the bomb freezing, once you can figure out where they all are, replays of the game will be very short since the Tanker arc consisted of a few major plot points.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 08:24 AM Reply

I just started skipping over Jack and Rose's conversations. I listened to one and the conversations seemed so unnecessary as a whole that I just gave up bothering with them. They're probably the only dialogue sections of the game that I didn't listen to.

I've been meaning to go back and play some more FF VII but my mind has been taken away from gaming altogether. Ended up spending my free time trying to develop my web development skills instead and I've been doing a lot of messing around with php. In the process of trying to code a forum from scratch. Almost got enough of the back end done to start working on the layout and stuff, but I won't bore you guys further with that.

I also got a copy of Final Fantasy IX. Don't think I've mentioned that in this thread yet. I think both Jawdyn and Jackho consider it their favourite game in the series (could be wrong) so it seemed worth giving a shot, especially since I was enjoying FF VII before I ended up focusing on other things.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 10:54 PM Reply

At 8/29/12 06:16 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:
MGS2

Probably the weakest of the four games in my opinion. I hated the fact that nothing really gets accomplished in it. You hardly take out any of the bosses and the fact that you're really just a puppet the whole time pissed me off a little bit.

Snake Eater is 4000000000000000000000000000 times better. Love that game.

Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 11:58 PM Reply

I'm annoyed with Onimusha 2. They gave me pretty much no chance to give Oyu the better armor and weapon you get from the store in the town, and now I'm at the part where you have to play as her. And of course, they don't allow you to give gifts to her at that point right before you start playing as her, because that would just make too much fucking sense. The only character that ever shows up for me is Eikei because I guess I didn't get enough friendship points or whatever they're called with anyone else. It looks like the only chance you have to do this shit is at the beginning and there's no going back. I mean, after going to Yagyu Village, that's it. What the fuck?

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 01:46 AM Reply

I loved MGS2 as a whole, and how they fucked you (the player) over in a way only a game can.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
desert116
desert116
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 03:13 PM Reply

*THE WALKING DEAD EP 3 SPOILERS*
(Mostly) minority master race.

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 04:57 PM Reply

Just sold my Playstation 2 for $80 and my between 15-25 games for $40. I wasn't looking for to much but since all my favourites are digitally remastered for the Playstation 3 or released in collections I thought I might as well get it out of the way. I have two separate gaming rooms, one for modern gaming (6th Gen+) and the other for my older games (5th Gen-). At the start of the year my modern room which is decent in size had Gamecube, Xbox, PS2, Wii, PS3 and occasionally the 360 brought in from my brother's room hogging for the attention. I've since sold my Gamecube and PS2 due to good ol' loveable backwards compatibility and HD Collections.

I also picked up Baldur's Gate II again about an hour ago but I'll get back on this once I've achieved more.

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 09:27 PM Reply

anyone else hyped about the FIRST good Aliens game comin February 2012? .

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 09:29 PM Reply

At 9/1/12 09:27 PM, II2none wrote: anyone else hyped about the FIRST good Aliens game comin February 2012? .

forgot pic in the midst of hype also check this shit out.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:37 AM Reply

At 9/1/12 09:27 PM, II2none wrote: anyone else hyped about the FIRST good Aliens game comin February 2012? .

Aliens: Infestation was pretty great.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 4th, 2012 @ 01:07 PM Reply

So some shit console I've never heard of came in the post today, feels better than christmas. Only came with a sports game though, recommendations would be nice. I have an adapter so region doesn't matter.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 4th, 2012 @ 03:26 PM Reply

At 9/4/12 01:07 PM, Jackho wrote: So some shit console I've never heard of came in the post today, feels better than christmas. Only came with a sports game though, recommendations would be nice. I have an adapter so region doesn't matter.

Sweet. An that ain't no shit console, that's a Super Famicon bitch! lol right on man what sports games does it have on it? I've heard International Superstar Soccer is a blast.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 4th, 2012 @ 03:56 PM Reply

At 9/4/12 03:26 PM, tyler2513 wrote: lol right on man what sports games does it have on it? I've heard International Superstar Soccer is a blast.

Super Soccer, but I'm really not into sports games and if I was I'd probably just get something from this generation instead of a 16 bit game. Just ordered Castlevania 4.

As of right now I'm looking out for the following:

Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
F-Zero
Goof Troop
A Link to the Past
Mega Man 7 + MMX
Secret of Mana
Shadowrun
Super Mario World/All Stars/Yoshi's Island
Super Metroid
Donkey Kong Country
Final Fantasy 4/5/6

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 4th, 2012 @ 05:08 PM Reply

Hello all. I have been currently been playing multiple games at a time and am wondering if anybody else does this? I think I'm playing 6-8 games. Also I have created a new club called Club Stoic, where video game music is talked about.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 06:50 AM Reply

It really sucks having to leave for work at 06:45am and come home again 07:00pm. I barely have time for video games anymore. And when I do, I tend to play Team Fortress 2. I should really step up my game and start playing some of my ps3 games that I haven't even opened yet.

Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 09:49 AM Reply

At 9/12/12 06:50 AM, LiquidFire wrote: It really sucks having to leave for work at 06:45am and come home again 07:00pm. I barely have time for video games anymore.

I'm in pretty much the exact same situation and yea, it sucks. I have a few games that I've bought fairly recently that I've been wanting to play through too. FF VII, FF IX, FF XII, Deadly Premonition, Dragon Quest VIII, Chrono Trigger, Resident Evil (GC remake), RE4, RE Code Veronica... this list goes on.

They all seem like pretty awesome games but they all need quite a lot of time invested in them. Time that I don't have.

I've not been gaming much recently at all.

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 12:16 PM Reply

I went through ME3, it was good and the fucking ending. ENDING SPOILERS I mean, having that last talk with Garrus, talking about how if they don't make it, to meet up at the bar. Holy shit I always loved Garrus, he was a fucking boss, I genuinely had a couple of tears going on, it was so sad. Liara was all emotional too, but Garrus really tugged on my heart strings, I never saw it coming, I chose those 2 to go with me on the final mission, I have the closest connection to them, having been with them through the trilogy. Seeing their dead bodies was heart breaking. END SPOILERS

Really enjoyed it, hell of an ending, despite being somewhat bullshit. I was gonna get the extended cut, but I was renting the game and didn't have time to download and play through it, does it add much to the ending?

Also been playing Catherine, if you're looking for something a little different from your typical games nowadays I'd highly recommend it, it's a lot of fun, but I don't feel like any of the choices I make are really making an impact on anything I'm doing. Like, I'll be a complete dick to Katherine all the time, and I'll flirt like fuck with Catherine, but the protagonist still feels freaked out about losing Katherine, despite Catherine being a much nicer and more attractive person.

About to start on Ep. 3 of The Walking Dead, I really fucking love this series, it's really enjoable and the options you can choose make for at least one complete replay of the game. It's got that same feeling as Mass Effect, where choices you make in the very first game will have repercussions all the way through until the last game, meaning that you can have very different experiences and a lot of character development can be made (I alwas thought it was really cool that despite choosing Ashley Williams over Kaiden in ME1, that Kaiden is still there in all 3 games, taking over Ashleys role).

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 09:39 PM Reply

Trading a bunch of Sega Saturn games for a SNES on Monday. Very excited for this. I'll be starting out with Breath of Fire II (still has the box too) and I'll have to decide between the other titles this guy has. I'm thinking I'll also ask for Infinite Undiscovery on the 360 and Phantom Hourglass for DS. I might owe him a bit of money in the end.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 02:51 AM Reply

At 9/13/12 09:39 PM, Makeshift wrote: Trading a bunch of Sega Saturn games for a SNES on Monday. Very excited for this. I'll be starting out with Breath of Fire II (still has the box too) and I'll have to decide between the other titles this guy has. I'm thinking I'll also ask for Infinite Undiscovery on the 360 and Phantom Hourglass for DS. I might owe him a bit of money in the end.

I've never understood how people could trade away their games. My games has become a part of me, even the games I don't like. I could never get myself to sell them.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 05:05 AM Reply

At 9/14/12 02:51 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
I've never understood how people could trade away their games. My games has become a part of me, even the games I don't like. I could never get myself to sell them.

I know that feel bro

Dean
Dean
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 05:37 AM Reply

At 9/14/12 02:51 AM, LiquidFire wrote: I've never understood how people could trade away their games. My games has become a part of me, even the games I don't like. I could never get myself to sell them.

I'm the same. Even now, I still refuse to sell games that I didn't like too much as a kid. I still have a copy of Fifa 99 sitting here and I'm never going to play that again. It would just feel wrong to sell it. I don't buy games as often as I used to though which is probably a good thing at this point because I already have a bookcase taller than me that is full of games.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 06:54 AM Reply

At 9/14/12 05:37 AM, Dean wrote:
At 9/14/12 02:51 AM, LiquidFire wrote: I've never understood how people could trade away their games. My games has become a part of me, even the games I don't like. I could never get myself to sell them.
I'm the same. Even now, I still refuse to sell games that I didn't like too much as a kid. I still have a copy of Fifa 99 sitting here and I'm never going to play that again. It would just feel wrong to sell it. I don't buy games as often as I used to though which is probably a good thing at this point because I already have a bookcase taller than me that is full of games.

My physical collection isn't that big anymore. I used to only have physical copies of my games, but after I started to use steam, the majority of my games are digital copies.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 09:13 AM Reply

Well these Saturn games are just taking up space. I'll never use them again and if I trade them now I'll get to experience a console with a ton of games I've never played before. I could just buy the SNES, but I don't really have a reason to keep the Saturn games. I'm not getting rid of the ones I played most. Shinobi Legions, Batman Forever, and Rayman are all staying.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 12:34 PM Reply

At 9/14/12 09:13 AM, Makeshift wrote: Well these Saturn games are just taking up space.

Even so, the games themselves would be worth more to me than the paltry sum I'd get for them. The Super Nintendo library is definitely a few light-years ahead of the Saturn's though. Get Castlevania IV and Mega Man asap.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 09:52 PM Reply

Change o' plans.

I found another SNES and the guy was looking for a DS for trade. His comes with 2 controllers and "some soccer game". So I offered the DS Lite I just bought off my brother (never even bought a game for it) and he's fine with that. He just wants to see the condition of it and I'd like to see a picture of his SNES anyway. With the other guy I'm now trying to work out a trade for just a couple of my Saturn games for his Castlevania IV and Wind Waker. Then I can finally go on an eBay bidding spree; I've got a huge list.

Which is the better Mega Man? 7, X, or X2?