New Topic Respond to this Topic
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-14 17:05:22 Reply

At 8/14/09 07:13 AM, sushi13 wrote: It's funny when little kids start freaking out and acting all tough huh? I'd much rather play with somebody messing around with a Duke Nukem soundboard than that little arsehole.

You have no idea...
... ... you really don't.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-14 17:08:02 Reply

At 8/14/09 05:05 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 8/14/09 07:13 AM, sushi13 wrote: It's funny when little kids start freaking out and acting all tough huh? I'd much rather play with somebody messing around with a Duke Nukem soundboard than that little arsehole.
You have no idea...
... ... you really don't.

Those are both missing the greatest one. This.

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-14 17:13:28 Reply

Awwwwwwwww Yeaaaaah.

We have a bitchy, fat kid, no friends, youtube related, video extravaganza about to take place.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-14 17:17:19 Reply

Man, I can't find my copy of Civ 1, and I can't find it to buy online anywhere. That box set with all the Civ games up to 4, but without 4's expansions seems to be out of print, too.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-14 17:21:23 Reply

At 8/14/09 05:08 PM, Sekhem wrote: Those are both missing the greatest one. This.

that was a nice monitor

Spirosgod
Spirosgod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-14 17:47:56 Reply

Consoles Owned:

ps2, DS, wii, gameboy advanced SP and a gaming PC (if it counts)

Online User Names:

Spirosgod, Spiros, Speros, Spirus.

Current Games Being Played:

TF2, CS:S, COD: WaW.

Cool, a new video game regulars lungde :F

iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-14 21:33:04 Reply

At 8/14/09 05:08 PM, Sekhem wrote:
Those are both missing the greatest one. This.

I don't like that one really. He wasn't young enough. I want to see tears and tantrums. I mean this example may not be Video Game related, But this is my ideal clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xehqp9glV ls

At 8/14/09 05:21 PM, Makeshift wrote:
That was a nice monitor

That was a nicer wall.

Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-15 05:03:19 Reply

Who here is happy over the latest TF2 update?

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-15 05:56:21 Reply

At 8/15/09 05:03 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Who here is happy over the latest TF2 update?

I don't mind it, ctf_sawmill is pretty cool. Plus the new hats are nice. To be honest though, the koth maps aren't as fun as I thought they would be. They often result in way too much Scout spam, since the Scout tends to be greatly overpowered in those maps, since they have a lot of room.

I'm hoping the classes will balance out in a little while, but at the moment I'm getting annoyed by them a lot. But I got a medal for the soldier, so that's a plus I guess.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-15 19:30:32 Reply

At 8/15/09 05:03 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Who here is happy over the latest TF2 update?

Heck, I only knew it existed because you posted this.

iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-16 03:46:02 Reply

So guys,

How did you all enjoy August 15th?

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-16 08:05:55 Reply

I haven't played much of it because I'm still suffering lag problems on my good laptop (still looking into the issue) but I did have a quick go at the new King of the Hill mode and it's pretty good. The new map looks great and I love how they changed Nucleus and Sawmill into KOTH maps as well as making Sawmill into a CTF map as well. I'm not a big fan of Arena so I was disappointed to know that those maps were previously Arena only.

I was hoping this update would have a class update but of course, the name of the new update is self-explanatory. The other thing I hoped to see in the new update was another Payload Race but not this time. I'll have to see what good custom PLR maps are out there.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

RDSchley
RDSchley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-16 08:44:41 Reply

We need a Spy check in here.

I have reasons to suspect a 4Chan Spy is here sappin' our threadz.

It is ok to make fun of America. But if you make fun of any other country in a vague or joking way you get banned.

dieordieo386
dieordieo386
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-16 10:08:34 Reply

HAI GUYZ!

Consoles: XBox 360, PS2, PC.
Gamertag: Koolasucas (Cool-uh-su-kas)
Most Played Games: Call Of Duty World At War, Fallout 3, Dead Rising

Alright what are talking about?

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-17 14:40:59 Reply

Anybody here excited about New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-17 15:14:35 Reply

At 8/17/09 02:40 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Anybody here excited about New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

I'm a bit conflicted on that one. On one hand, I really like New Super Mario Bros. DS. On the other hand, this looks too much like the DS version, and I doubt I'd ever play co-op. If I have three or more other people around, we play Rock Band. It's the only Wii game I'm even considering this holiday, and I doubt I'll even get it.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus
Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-17 15:38:13 Reply

At 8/17/09 03:14 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
At 8/17/09 02:40 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Anybody here excited about New Super Mario Bros. Wii?
I'm a bit conflicted on that one. On one hand, I really like New Super Mario Bros. DS. On the other hand, this looks too much like the DS version, and I doubt I'd ever play co-op. If I have three or more other people around, we play Rock Band. It's the only Wii game I'm even considering this holiday, and I doubt I'll even get it.

You make some good arguments, but I think that even in Single Player mode, this will be a pretty neat game. I don't really see what's to lose. Nintendo has never truly screwed up a normal (NO CDI) Mario game before. Plus, the Koopa Kids coming back is a good sign. Maybe this is the start of the reemergence of Nintendo's hardcore sector?

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-17 16:04:23 Reply

At 8/17/09 03:38 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Nintendo has never truly screwed up a normal (NO CDI) Mario game before.

True enough. It will probably depend on what comes out around it. I probably won't throw down $50 on it if I'm in the thick of Uncharted or Ratchet.

Plus, the Koopa Kids coming back is a good sign. Maybe this is the start of the reemergence of Nintendo's hardcore sector?

Nah, I wouldn't go that for. Ever since Super Mario Galaxy came out, Nintendo's hardcore sector has been pretty silent. There's been one or two releases from them, but nothing particularly exciting. That's really not acceptable. One game this holiday, let alone this year, really isn't good enough either. A 2D Mario game sells to pretty much everyone anyways. I don't have a problem with that, but Nintendo is doing this because they know it will sell a ridiculous number of copies just like the DS version, not to please the hardcore audience. Next year has the chance to be a bit of a reemergence if Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M, and a new Zelda game come out. After those come out, it'll probably be another long wait...

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-17 19:16:30 Reply

Man, my Call of Cthulhu has a crippling bug in it. I'm at this bit where you have to use a mounted gun on a ship to kill 3 priests summoning giant waves at you on the shore, but they're just not there for me. I've watched videos on youtube, and clearly the reef they're supposed to be on hasn't loaded in properly for me, since mine is still has the view from earlier in the level, whereas it should appear to be closer now.

Had to download a save file, but that means I've lost all the ammo and stuff I've saved up, and I'm going from what someone else had.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-17 23:57:49 Reply

My hope for it having online co-op was shattered when Miyamoto said it's cooler to be playing with somebody sitting next to you.

That's not an excuse, assholes.

Well, it's just another Mario adventure. New Super Mario Bros. DS refreshed the series with ground pounding and wall jumping so that there can be more possibilities. But what else can be added? Honestly? Maybe Mario's spin attack from Galaxy so he can save himself from falls? I would like to see FLUDD in a sidescrolling game. Not just for hovering but using water for various things.

And then there's Galaxy 2. They brought Yoshi in, and included one or two gameplay elements for CERTAIN levels, but really, It's just going to be another 120 stars to collect. We need something new. Some new moves that Mario can perform. Like how he got his spin ability. I don't want to see a return of EVERYTHING ever done in a Mario game, I want to see NEW things for once.

The truth is, I'm really pissed at Nintendo. But to bring myself to high spirits, all I have to do is watch the Metroid Other M trailer.

Oh Samus, I know YOU can help me love Nintendo again.

But until then, I still have LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, and Killzone 2 to try out. See ya.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-18 00:37:51 Reply

At 8/17/09 11:57 PM, Gustavos wrote: And then there's Galaxy 2. They brought Yoshi in, and included one or two gameplay elements for CERTAIN levels, but really, It's just going to be another 120 stars to collect. We need something new. Some new moves that Mario can perform. Like how he got his spin ability. I don't want to see a return of EVERYTHING ever done in a Mario game, I want to see NEW things for once.

According to Miyamoto, Galaxy 2 was basically born out of a bunch of ideas they wweren't able to put into Galaxy 1. That leads me to believe there will be a fair amount of new stuff. My only hope is that they have some big, massive levels this time around. The sphere layout in Galaxy was fun, but I would prefer to have at least some wide open areas, similar to Super Mario 64. Galaxy 2 will be good though. They don't need to change much to please me. Galaxy 1 is my second favorite game this generation behind MGS4. I'd be fine with just 120 more stars to collect. I think they'll have a bit more creativity though. It would be out in 2009 if that's all they were doing.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-18 18:16:33 Reply

Anyone know of any decent games coming out soon for the Xbox 360? I'm getting slightly bored of what I've been playing recently and need something new. Obviously Modern Warfare 2 is on my list of games to get, but what else looks to be good?

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-18 18:34:44 Reply

At 8/18/09 06:16 PM, GodsBitch wrote: Anyone know of any decent games coming out soon for the Xbox 360? I'm getting slightly bored of what I've been playing recently and need something new. Obviously Modern Warfare 2 is on my list of games to get, but what else looks to be good?

ODST
Forza 3
Borderlands
Left 4 Dead 2
Tekken 6
Raiden IV
Samurai Shodown: Edge of Destiny

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
dieordieo386
dieordieo386
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-18 20:33:30 Reply

At 8/18/09 06:16 PM, GodsBitch wrote: Anyone know of any decent games coming out soon for the Xbox 360? I'm getting slightly bored of what I've been playing recently and need something new. Obviously Modern Warfare 2 is on my list of games to get, but what else looks to be good?

Here is a nice list:

Left 4 Dead 2: Killing Zombies. A lot of them. 'Nuff said.
Bioshock 2: If you played Bioshock this is a must have. Being the first Big Daddy? Awesome.
Dead Rising 2: Though Dead Rising didn't get a lot of recognition, it is a HUGE sandbox game.
Mass Effect 2: Pretty good shooting adventure game.
Halo: ODST: It's Halo. Thats all.

uchiha666
uchiha666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-18 22:08:34 Reply

Name: Uchiha666
Systems: SNES, NES, Genesis, 360, PS3, GBA, DS. PS2
other names: Lelouch
Gamertag: BD Lelouch

notes: Hiya! How's everyone doing?

thanks for the sig Makeshift!
GT = BD Lelouch

BBS Signature
iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-20 01:10:40 Reply

At 8/18/09 10:08 PM, uchiha666 wrote: Systems: SNES, NES, Genesis, 360, PS3, GBA, DS. PS2

Snes buddies. Got to love the classics <3

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-20 07:15:29 Reply

Has anyone bought Zombie Apocolyspe yet? Also, my PS3 seems to have stopped going schizo every time I put Killzone 2 on.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-20 21:50:18 Reply

At 8/20/09 07:15 AM, BobbaQ wrote: Has anyone bought Zombie Apocolyspe yet?

Negative. I'm over anything Zombie related for the next few years.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-23 22:21:18 Reply

At 8/23/09 10:18 PM, CyberWolfX wrote: So does anyone here remember the classics? Such as PONG?

We remember them, we just don't play them because they're old, bad, and aren't for Xbox or PS3....

Also, you have a terrible "steal my sig" sig

pointydagger
pointydagger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-23 22:33:47 Reply

I guess I'll try to be a regular, though I did not see this until it was on its sixth page. Whatver....

Consoles I own (With or without all the correct cords of course): Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Super Nintendo, PS2.

My Gamertag is of course, pointydagger

And I am not currently playing anything because I had to send my xbox back for E74 which I've had for a while and just recently decided to send in.

Anyone else miss the days of the old remove, blow, and put it back in, to fix a game? Those were the days.

Nothing dirty could possibly be done to that sentence.

Ive had sex with grandma, apple pie, and baseball. That means that i have had sex with america.
I N V U 4 U R A Q T < You really are. ;)