00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted AlexToolStudio supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

186,198 Views | 2,372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-18 14:29:20

At 4/18/12 01:15 PM, Jercurpac wrote: Picked up Fez because I've had my eye on it for a while. Damn good game.

Do you remember the feeling you used to get when you were 12 when you approached every game like it was new, yet there was something comfortingly familiar about them? That's the feeling I get with Fez, and the closest game I can compare it to in aesthetics Link's Awakening where it's charming and engrossing yet there's something dark and sinister about it too. It also calls back to the best of the classic graphic adventure games where you're expected to intuit things about the world just by looking around and slowly making discoveries about your environment. Maybe it speaks to me so much because it calls back to games I played as a child and other people might completely miss what I see in it.

Play Limbo, I think you'll enjoy it. I have a dilemma. I can't decide whether or not to get my PS3 fixed and buy Tales of Graces f, or to buy a Wii motion plus (darn you Nintendo), and get Skyward Sword. (Honestly? Why can't I just play the game with my Gamecube controller or Classic controller -_- ).

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-18 14:56:09

Got Trials: Evolution, I've been looking forward to it for a long time. It's superior to Trials HD in most every way. Tracks set outside, better level editing and sharing (thank god), collectibles, more bike and player customization, etc. It really does just do what the original does and then some.

Thinking I'll probably pick Fez up, the trial was a lot of fun and the gameplay is imaginative, something I don't think we see enough of in games nowadays. Also, I'm a sucker for platformers.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-18 15:04:53

At 4/18/12 02:29 PM, Itachi888Uchiha wrote:
At 4/18/12 01:15 PM, Jercurpac wrote: Picked up Fez because I've had my eye on it for a while. Damn good game.
Play Limbo, I think you'll enjoy it.

I did and, well I liked it, but it wasn't entirely memorable. Sure there were moments while I was playing that really gripped me, but I left them with the game. Some games you play and when you're walking down the street something will strike your memory and suddenly you'll be there experiencing it again as clear when you first played it. I never got that with Limbo.

That's a tall order to ask from any game though. Long story short Limbo is a very good game, but maybe to intentionally mysterious for its own good.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-18 15:19:10

At 4/17/12 02:23 PM, Auz wrote: Also, we were talking about N64 recommendations and this just happens to be the only RTS on the entire console as far as I know.

There's also Starcraft 64. And C&C Gold does work on modern operating systems, it just requires a little tinkering like you'd expect.

I've been playing Kawata Shoujo or however it's spelt recently, just because I'm a fag like that.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-18 19:10:17

I would show where I keep all my games but my shelves are getting horribly cluttered up by my CDs. I see myself having less and less room for video games. I really need to get secured shelves in the other bedroom to make tons more space.

At 4/13/12 10:51 AM, Auz wrote:
At 4/12/12 09:49 AM, Bahamut wrote: The only PS1 game that failed to work on the PS3 for me is FFIX. Everything else I've tried has been fine, though.
Of all the games it just had to be FFIX. That would be a major bummer for me.

It could be that the multiple discs required for the game doesn't make it work well but then why would my MGS1 discs be fine on the PS3?

At 4/14/12 07:37 AM, Auz wrote: - F-Zero X
A more serious racing game. Personally I'm not really into this genre, but if you are then you might want to get this one. I think this is about the best racing game you'll find for the N64.

This game is a must! It's so fucking metal!

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-19 05:22:44

My first mishap with eBay has occurred. I ordered a used copy of a puzzle game on PSP called Lumines. I got the right box and instruction manual, but the actual UMD is of another game. "Archer Maclean's Mercury". I'm not too bothered seeing as I only paid a couple pound including postage, but even so, I hope they're willing to resend me a copy of the right game.

Only problem here is that if they ask me to return this game that I received by mistake (which sells for about a penny in some cases on Amazon) I'm going to probably have to pay postage to send it back and this is just going to add more expense.

Life is hard.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-19 09:15:36

At 4/19/12 05:22 AM, Dean wrote: Life is hard.

That blows. I once had a seller getting his PayPal account suspended so he apparently wasn't able to send out anything, even though I had already paid a game for him (i.e. Ecco: The Tides of Time). Wasn't happy with that at all so I had to get it from someone else. This was a few years back.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-19 09:47:21

At 4/19/12 09:15 AM, Bahamut wrote: That blows.

Problem resolved. He offered me a £1.20 refund and said I could keep this game. I'll just see if I can pick up a loose copy of Lumines at some point. One without the case.

Seemed like it was a kid I was dealing with though. The response messages had terrible spelling and were misusing words. The reason for why I got the wrong disc is apparently because he was selling on behalf of his brother, who must have lost the game some time ago.

I once had a seller getting his PayPal account suspended so he apparently wasn't able to send out anything, even though I had already paid a game for him (i.e. Ecco: The Tides of Time). Wasn't happy with that at all so I had to get it from someone else. This was a few years back.

Did you ever get a refund for that?

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-20 06:44:36

At 4/18/12 03:19 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 4/17/12 02:23 PM, Auz wrote: Also, we were talking about N64 recommendations and this just happens to be the only RTS on the entire console as far as I know.
There's also Starcraft 64. And C&C Gold does work on modern operating systems, it just requires a little tinkering like you'd expect.

Hmm, haven't heard of that one but it looks like an interesting game.

At 4/18/12 07:10 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/13/12 10:51 AM, Auz wrote: Of all the games it just had to be FFIX. That would be a major bummer for me.
It could be that the multiple discs required for the game doesn't make it work well but then why would my MGS1 discs be fine on the PS3?

Yeah that doesn't make much sense. I don't know what the problem could be. Does it still work on your PS1?

At 4/14/12 07:37 AM, Auz wrote: - F-Zero X
A more serious racing game. Personally I'm not really into this genre, but if you are then you might want to get this one. I think this is about the best racing game you'll find for the N64.

I remember the soundtrack is mostly 80's hard rock and metal which is pretty awesome. And the whole game has a metal vibe to it indeed.

At 4/19/12 05:22 AM, Dean wrote: Life is hard.

Ah that sucks, but good thing it's all resolved now.

Personally I have never had any bad experiences buying older games. I guess that's mostly because I always buy my games from one of the several "retro gaming" online stores here in the the Netherlands, which are all trustworthy in my experience.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-20 07:09:52

At 4/20/12 06:44 AM, Auz wrote: Personally I have never had any bad experiences buying older games. I guess that's mostly because I always buy my games from one of the several "retro gaming" online stores here in the the Netherlands, which are all trustworthy in my experience.

I've come across one or two online retro game stores that are UK based, but some of the prices they list are worse than what a lot of naive people on eBay expect to get for old games. Okay, fair enough, they need to make a profit and probably have to pay decent money to acquire the games in the first place, but it's off-putting when you can pick up most old games for next to nothing on eBay as long as you have some patience. I guess the benefit of buying from stores like that is that it's more trust worthy and you don't have to hunt for auctions.

Something I've been meaning to ask. Does anyone have experience importing games from foreign countries? Since a lot of the PSP JRPGs sell for a small fortune in the UK, I noticed that it's cheaper to import them from US sellers and PSP games don't have region locks on them. My two concerns are hidden fees and the time it takes to receive items. I know the UK likes to hold items until we pay a customs fee on occasion, but I have no idea how much those fees are. I also have no idea how long it would take to arrive. Some online sources claim less than a week while others have said it can take months.

Anyone able to give me some info about importing games?

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-20 09:35:19

At 4/19/12 09:47 AM, Dean wrote: Did you ever get a refund for that?

Seeing as his PayPal account was apparently suspended, I wasn't able to.

At 4/20/12 06:44 AM, Auz wrote:
At 4/18/12 07:10 PM, Bahamut wrote: It could be that the multiple discs required for the game doesn't make it work well but then why would my MGS1 discs be fine on the PS3?
Yeah that doesn't make much sense. I don't know what the problem could be. Does it still work on your PS1?

Actually, I used my PS2. I don't have a working PS1 anymore and thankfully all the PS1 games I have do work on the PS2. The only bummer with losing my PS1 was that it was modified to play copied games (my dad was a cheapskate at the time) but at least I have authentic copies of all those games that I still want to play.

I remember the soundtrack is mostly 80's hard rock and metal which is pretty awesome. And the whole game has a metal vibe to it indeed.

That's exactly what it was! I hope the soundtrack for GX is just as beastly. I do want to play F-Zero GX eventually. Right now, I need to finish off Majora's Mask and maybe then I can finally give Twilight Princess a second chance. The only thing is I'll need to dig up the Wii nunchuck which I haven't even used in years.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-20 16:10:13

Well, I've just ordered another three games. I really, really need to call this quits for a while. It would usually take me about a year to spend this much money on games. Five of them have already arrived and I'm still waiting on another four to come in the post.

I'm still wanting to upload more videos to YouTube, so I'll probably do something to show off all these new games on Monday. Could also upload something that basically shows all the games that I have sitting around in a little more detail. I've tried taking photos in the past, but it's harder that way.

Something else I've been doing tonight is hunting out all the posters that have come with my games. I was wanting to buy some new posters for my room when I remembered that all the GTA games come with posters. I've put them up on my wall, but I might regret this. I'd hate for them to get torn or something. I probably should have left them in their boxes.

I'm also undecided on whether or not having so many looks tacky.

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-20 17:20:09

At 4/20/12 04:10 PM, Dean wrote:
Something else I've been doing tonight is hunting out all the posters that have come with my games. I was wanting to buy some new posters for my room when I remembered that all the GTA games come with posters. I've put them up on my wall, but I might regret this. I'd hate for them to get torn or something. I probably should have left them in their boxes.

I'm also undecided on whether or not having so many looks tacky.

It looks alright, but what did you use to stick them up there? I've had terrible luck with my posters and ripping them when I used traditionally tape on them.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-20 17:40:27

At 4/20/12 05:20 PM, ZJ wrote: It looks alright, but what did you use to stick them up there? I've had terrible luck with my posters and ripping them when I used traditionally tape on them.

Blue-tack. I'm unsure if you'd call it something different in the US, but knowing you guys, you probably do. Basically just like a putty that sticks to the wall and the paper. It's quite good, but when I took the posters that were there previously down, it has left a sort of small stain on the posters where it was holding them to the wall. I'm hoping it wont do the same to these, because I'd hate for them to get damaged.

It's not hard to get the posters off the wall without them ripping if you use blue-tack. I'd hate to use tape though because yea, that would rip them and possibly peel the paint off my wall if I wasn't careful.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-22 09:46:14

I tried getting into Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver after having that game for three years. I don't know why but I just can't seem to get into it. It's probably one of those games where it's slow at the start but picks up soon enough. I'm hoping that's the case to keep me occupied with this game.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-23 09:27:44

This is my 8,000th post on the the BBS and (coincidentally) I have a new YouTube upload to shamelessly advertise. If you didn't watch my previous one, this one will probably be of a lot more interest. It's basically a quick look at the majority of my game collection. So yea, subscribe, comment and all that shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki1Z71sADJ8

But seriously, any feedback I can get on these things would be appreciated. I enjoy making them, but I'd still like to hear what people think. It's still my intention to churn out at least one video a week, probably more.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-26 13:51:13

My second eBay mishap. Two in the space of a week? It's not looking like I'm going to have much luck with eBay.

Basically bid on and won a copy of a game I wanted that was listed as "including bonus disc" which is something that's not as common to see. Sadly it arrived without the bonus disc, which should have come in a second box of its own. It was even shown in the picture listed for the auction.

Hopefully this seller is as easy to deal with as the last one. Thankfully he has a 100% rating from 1172 sales, so I'm guessing he just forgot to include it in the package. Either way, hopefully he sends me it or I get a chunk of my money back.

Not that the bonus disc contains anything significant. Just some interviews, bits of the soundtrack and all that crap. I just hate ordering an "incomplete" game and since I know that it came with a bonus disc, I want that disc :(

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-26 15:15:57

At 4/23/12 09:27 AM, Dean wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki1Z71sADJ8

But seriously, any feedback I can get on these things would be appreciated. I enjoy making them, but I'd still like to hear what people think. It's still my intention to churn out at least one video a week, probably more.

Awesome stuff, man; definitely jealous of that PS2 collection and Commodore 64.

I subscribed to your channel, I think it's fun to see other people's collections and such.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-26 15:46:21

At 4/26/12 03:15 PM, Oolaph wrote: Awesome stuff, man; definitely jealous of that PS2 collection and Commodore 64.

The PS2 collection is pretty much what I grew up with. I'd just save all the money I got as a kid and buy new PS2 games pretty much as soon as I could, although like I say in the video, it's full of shooters. I'd have liked more RPGs.

I subscribed to your channel, I think it's fun to see other people's collections and such.

Thanks Ooplah! I was hoping to have another video up tomorrow, although I've had the cold all week and still feel a bit crappy, although definitely starting to recover so I might get around to it. I've added quite a lot of games to my collection this month. Some were just complete gambles, but they seem like interesting games. But yea, thanks for subscribing :)

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-26 16:06:01

At 4/26/12 03:46 PM, Dean wrote: The PS2 collection is pretty much what I grew up with. I'd just save all the money I got as a kid and buy new PS2 games pretty much as soon as I could, although like I say in the video, it's full of shooters. I'd have liked more RPGs.

I've been meaning to get into more of the PS2 RPGs lately. My library was pretty limited as a kid and more based around Genesis games, so I never really got a chance to experience a lot of the PS2's gems.

Thanks Ooplah! I was hoping to have another video up tomorrow, although I've had the cold all week and still feel a bit crappy, although definitely starting to recover so I might get around to it. I've added quite a lot of games to my collection this month. Some were just complete gambles, but they seem like interesting games. But yea, thanks for subscribing :)

Awesome, looking forward to new stuff from you. I quite like hearing from NGers like this, videos about collections can be a lot more interesting than reading a wall of text with some attached pictures.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-26 16:19:52

At 4/20/12 07:09 AM, Dean wrote:
At 4/20/12 06:44 AM, Auz wrote: Personally I have never had any bad experiences buying older games. I guess that's mostly because I always buy my games from one of the several "retro gaming" online stores here in the the Netherlands, which are all trustworthy in my experience.
I've come across one or two online retro game stores that are UK based, but some of the prices they list are worse than what a lot of naive people on eBay expect to get for old games. Okay, fair enough, they need to make a profit and probably have to pay decent money to acquire the games in the first place, but it's off-putting when you can pick up most old games for next to nothing on eBay as long as you have some patience. I guess the benefit of buying from stores like that is that it's more trust worthy and you don't have to hunt for auctions.

In my experience, the prices in such stores here are hardly any higher than on websites like eBay.

One of the websites I sometimes buy from is:
http://www.retrogamefreak.com/

I think it's based in the Netherlands, but their website is in English and apparently they do ship to the UK (will add a shipping fee to the price). Occasionally they have some pretty sweet deals in the Dump section, like huge discounts because of label damage or because they have too much in stock. Their standard prices are alright too and I guess it's even cheaper for UK'ers since their accepted currency is Euros.

Something I've been meaning to ask. Does anyone have experience importing games from foreign countries?

Not video games. Only with importing DVD's and books from the UK and the USA. It's often cheaper and I've never had to pay any additional fees or anything. Sometimes you do have to wait pretty long before your package arrives. Once it took almost a month before my order finally arrived with the mail. At least it actually arrived though, and in good condition too.

At 4/20/12 09:35 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/20/12 06:44 AM, Auz wrote: Yeah that doesn't make much sense. I don't know what the problem could be. Does it still work on your PS1?
Actually, I used my PS2. I don't have a working PS1 anymore and thankfully all the PS1 games I have do work on the PS2. The only bummer with losing my PS1 was that it was modified to play copied games (my dad was a cheapskate at the time) but at least I have authentic copies of all those games that I still want to play.

Lol, weren't all PS1 owners like that? I remember everyone I know who owned a PS1 remodelled it at some point.

That's exactly what it was! I hope the soundtrack for GX is just as beastly. I do want to play F-Zero GX eventually.

Yeah it seems like a pretty cool game. Maybe I'll pick it up as well someday.

Right now, I need to finish off Majora's Mask and maybe then I can finally give Twilight Princess a second chance. The only thing is I'll need to dig up the Wii nunchuck which I haven't even used in years.

I thought Wii games were hard to play without the nunchuck.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-26 17:53:56

eBay issue seems to have been resolved already. Looks like (s)he just forgot to include the bonus disc in the package and said it will be mailed to me asap.

At 4/26/12 04:06 PM, Oolaph wrote: I've been meaning to get into more of the PS2 RPGs lately. My library was pretty limited as a kid and more based around Genesis games, so I never really got a chance to experience a lot of the PS2's gems.

My trouble is that I can never think of all that many PS2 RPGs because back when the PS2 was still my primary console, the only RPGs the seemed to hold my interest were Pokemon games on the Gameboy. We only had a MegaDrive (Genesis) for a short time. My dad won it in a competition and sold it not long after. Would have been cool if he kept it. I'd love to have a MagaDrive.

Awesome, looking forward to new stuff from you. I quite like hearing from NGers like this, videos about collections can be a lot more interesting than reading a wall of text with some attached pictures.

Yea, that was partly what made me start doing this. Mainly it was because I started watching a few game collectors channels on YouTube and I thought it might be quite cool for me to do something similar. Then when NG allowed for embedded YouTube videos on the BBS, I figured it might be actually worthwhile for me to make some.

At 4/26/12 04:19 PM, Auz wrote: One of the websites I sometimes buy from is:
http://www.retrogamefreak.com/

I'll take a more detailed look at it tomorrow but as soon as I see things priced in Euros I get confused. It's hard to spot a good deal when it's not listed in a currency you're used to.

Only reason that I don't take a better look at it now is because I started playing Eternal Sonata for the first time. It's a really nice game. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who is into JRPGs and wants something colourful. It has a really artsy feel to it which usually wouldn't be something I'd go for but this is just so nice to play.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-05-04 13:05:16

I got a pretty big parcel in the mail today and it contained a new console for me to add to my collection. A Sega Master System. That's now the oldest dedicated gaming machine that I own which is pretty cool and it's nice to have something from that era. This thing was a competitor to the NES if you weren't aware. It came with 10 games too (11 if you count the built in game) so I have a reasonable start for a Master System collection.

I'll probably try to start buying games for this because they're pretty cheap compared to a lot of the other systems I've been collecting for, so that's always a plus on my budget. Although having said that, I'm definitely holding off on buying more stuff for a while. Even if I spot another deal as good as this one I'll just let it slide. I've spent far too much recently.

I have a new YouTube video up showing the system, games and a few other bits and pieces that I've picked up this week. Check it out if you're interested:

Video Game Pickups Ep.2 New Console!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-05-05 01:30:55

At 5/4/12 01:05 PM, Dean wrote: I got a pretty big parcel in the mail today and it contained a new console for me to add to my collection. A Sega Master System.

My family actually had one of those when I was a kid. The cool thing about the Master System is that it's this slice of gaming history that doesn't get a lot of attention so there are all these cool games to discover. Try to pick up a pair of the 3D glasses if you can find them cheap. They were really ahead of their time and if you like to have this stuff out on display they make a cool little accessory sitting next to your console.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-05-05 06:17:03

At 5/5/12 01:30 AM, Jercurpac wrote: Try to pick up a pair of the 3D glasses if you can find them cheap.

I'd seen these in the past, but unfortunately they wont work on the Master System II models because they done away with the card readers. The previous model had a card reader that was for playing games stored on little cards because they were cheaper to produce but not many games were released on the cards and the ones which were generally got ported to cart anyway because of the greater storage space on them.

If I remember correctly, the 3D glasses did need a card in order to get the 3D effect working, so they won't work on the Master System II. It does seem pretty cool to think that consoles were making use of 3D way back then though.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-05-05 11:05:35

At 5/5/12 06:17 AM, Dean wrote: If I remember correctly, the 3D glasses did need a card in order to get the 3D effect working, so they won't work on the Master System II. It does seem pretty cool to think that consoles were making use of 3D way back then though.

It's been years since our Master System got lost during once of the many moves my family made over the years, but yeah, I do recall that being how it plugged into the system. It's a shame that we lost it because my parents went all out when they got that system. They that the glasses, the light gun (I remember having some safari game to go along with it), this massive controller that had a trackball instead of a d-pad. And if I recall correctly everything was kept in their original boxes.

And yeah, it's really interesting how many ideas showed up in that era that are finally being recycled now as innovations. 3D, motion controls, voice commands, they even pioneered ways of getting DLC back then. Even things like the Wii's balance board is just a slight update of old ideas.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-05-06 15:00:30

Got a Vita a few weeks ago. It's pretty good I guess. £40 for a memory card was a JOKE though.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-05-07 04:58:03

First off, I have a link that Malachy sent me a few weeks back. I meant to post it in here but kept forgetting. It's a PDF of a Valve handbook for new employees. It's more interesting than it sounds and worth skimming through. Link

Also, I always assumed that the memory battery in my Sega Saturn was dead and I just couldn't be bothered to buy a replacement, but upon closer inspection there's still a little tab in there preventing the battery from touching the circuit which I assume is there so that the batteries didn't drain while the consoles were sitting in stores? If so, that probably means that the people who owned this console before me never saved game progress the whole time they owned it... Anyway, I'm going to boot that thing up later and see if removing the tab actually results in me being able to save my progress.

At 5/5/12 11:05 AM, Jercurpac wrote: And if I recall correctly everything was kept in their original boxes.

It's a shame that you can't find it, because all that would probably be worth a fair bit over in the States seeing as the Master System wasn't really commercially successful.

At 5/6/12 03:00 PM, Quinny wrote: Got a Vita a few weeks ago.

What games have you got for it? There's no way I'll be getting one any time soon, but it does look like a pretty worthwhile system. I'm still trying to build on my PSP collection though.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-05-07 08:38:44

At 5/7/12 04:58 AM, Dean wrote:
At 5/6/12 03:00 PM, Quinny wrote: Got a Vita a few weeks ago.
What games have you got for it? There's no way I'll be getting one any time soon, but it does look like a pretty worthwhile system. I'm still trying to build on my PSP collection though.

At least that can be said about the Vita. I have a 3DS and find the games library to be horribly lacking right now. It doesn't help matters when despite having the 3DS out for a year now, they're making major titles such as Pokemon Black/White 2 on the DS. Sure, many have a DS right now but it's not doing anything for the 3DS. The 3DS virtual console has only been partially impressive. Only been happy to pick up a few old games from it.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-05-08 10:02:46

At 5/7/12 07:19 PM, Odyssic wrote: I'm just wondering, why do people still make video game related topics in the General forum?

What disgusts me more is when regular users blindly tell those users to go to the video games forum. If it's a thread about the new Call of Duty game and you're not linking them to the official thread, chances are they might make a duplicate thread when that could have been saved by showing the thread to begin with.