Be a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

  • 80,585 Views
  • 2,310 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
iMini
iMini
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 02:48 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 12:17 PM, warshark wrote: How the hell have you coped with only 20GB...hell, how can you cope with only 60GB?
I struggling for space with my 120GB and the only thing stopping me getting a 250GB hard drive is because of their price.

I often fill up my 60GB but I don't often install games, usually just my most active game at that time, a few demos and then my arcade games. I think if I were to download every one of my arcade games, I'd still have space, but that's mostly because most arcade games are <1GB.

I'd like a 120GB for sure, I might even buy one at some point, but it's such a bastard having to download everything again, I've got a 40GB limit and shit, so... yeah.


illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 02:48 PM, iMini wrote: I often fill up my 60GB but I don't often install games, usually just my most active game at that time, a few demos and then my arcade games. I think if I were to download every one of my arcade games, I'd still have space, but that's mostly because most arcade games are <1GB.

I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to demos, arcade games etc. I don't think I ever delete anything just in case. I don't trust Microsoft with some of the content. I always feel like they'll stop you downloading certain arcade games after a certain time period or something. I'm sure they did it with Doom for a while.

I'm not sure if to buy a 250GB hard drive or wait for a bit and just buy the new slim 360 when it gets reduced a bit.


Sig made by simon <3
360 Gamertag - Warshark NG
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 05:14 PM, warshark wrote:
At 2/4/12 02:48 PM, iMini wrote: I often fill up my 60GB but I don't often install games, usually just my most active game at that time, a few demos and then my arcade games. I think if I were to download every one of my arcade games, I'd still have space, but that's mostly because most arcade games are <1GB.
I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to demos, arcade games etc. I don't think I ever delete anything just in case. I don't trust Microsoft with some of the content. I always feel like they'll stop you downloading certain arcade games after a certain time period or something. I'm sure they did it with Doom for a while.

I'm not sure if to buy a 250GB hard drive or wait for a bit and just buy the new slim 360 when it gets reduced a bit.

Hell man, I'd wait for E3 before buying, with all those rumors about the Next Xbox coming in 2013, and due for announcement at E3, it'd just be silly if you only have to wait less than 2 years... Actually, might be worth it, not sure.

You can always access previously downloaded content here. And yeah Doom was missing for quite some time, but I think anyone who bought it and deleted it could redownload it from the link I posted.


illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 07:19 PM Reply

I've been playing MGS: Peace Walker all day, just now I look out the window and I realised it had been snowing. Fuck.

Forever Alone.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 08:52 PM Reply

Enjoying MGS HD, Peace Walker is even better now you can play with 2 analogue sticks.


TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 04:51 AM Reply

At 2/4/12 06:54 PM, iMini wrote: Hell man, I'd wait for E3 before buying, with all those rumors about the Next Xbox coming in 2013, and due for announcement at E3, it'd just be silly if you only have to wait less than 2 years... Actually, might be worth it, not sure.

Good point. I'll wait and see what happens regarding any price cuts.

You can always access previously downloaded content here. And yeah Doom was missing for quite some time, but I think anyone who bought it and deleted it could redownload it from the link I posted.

Luckily I keep all my arcade games etc however my friend deleted it and wanted to play it again but couldn't find it anywhere.

At 2/4/12 07:19 PM, iMini wrote: I've been playing MGS: Peace Walker all day, just now I look out the window and I realised it had been snowing. Fuck.

Forever Alone.

I know the feeling, I know the feeling.


Sig made by simon <3
360 Gamertag - Warshark NG
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
kitch2012
kitch2012
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 04:59 AM Reply

I'm looking forward to Batman Arkham Asylum, Uncharted 2, and Modern Warfare 2

Dean
Dean
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 06:21 AM Reply

Speaking of snow, how much did you guys get? I was quite surprised yesterday to see some mammoth snowflakes falling at one point. I wouldn't say we had all that much snow, but it was lying and most of the ground was/still is white.

Ended up playing some Guitar Hero with Tramps last night before I headed out. I feel like I've actually gotten worse at that game although it has been a good while since I last played them properly. I'll never be on the same skill level as Tramps though :(


BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 07:47 AM Reply

Ranges from 2 to 5 inches. It was much cats first snow he was so confused, it was adorable


illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
twistex
twistex
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 09:30 AM Reply

So i downloaded Section 8: Prejudice yesterday whilst it was on sale on steam and i am really enjoying it. The main reason i decided i would play it is becuase TotalHalibut has a server which is always frquented by people that are really good at it. The controls are a little bit hard to handle at first but once you master it it becomes quite a fun little experiance.


I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 06:35 PM Reply

I really think you should check this out, it's a fun little indie game, has this kind of, Geometry Wars feel going on with the art direction, what makes it unique is that everything is random. Enemies, Maps, Weapons, Campaigns, Objectives, fucking everything, no 2 plays will ever be the same, it's 75% off for a week, the guy hasn't got much exposure. It's $2, GO!


illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 10:50 AM Reply

So, how is the VG community finding the redesign? I've tried reading through some threads in general to try and get the overall impression, but it's so chaotic over there just now.


BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 10:53 AM Reply

At A few seconds ago, Dean wrote: So, how is the VG community finding the redesign? I've tried reading through some threads in general to try and get the overall impression, but it's so chaotic over there just now.

It's best to wait things to settle down before maintaining my daily routines on the site. The notifications for which threads has new replies in is going haywire right now so I can't just mindlessly check on all the new threads since I logged off the night. Other than that, I'll be more active on my PS3 to get through Stranger's Wrath and then Rayman Origins. I should try and beat some already owning games by the time Silent Hill HD arrives next month.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

warshark
warshark
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 01:41 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, Dean wrote: So, how is the VG community finding the redesign? I've tried reading through some threads in general to try and get the overall impression, but it's so chaotic over there just now.

It seems alright. I'm confused about the levelling though. I don't like how it doesn't seem to say how many, out of 5, uploads you've yet to vote on to get your exp points.

At least, mine doesn't say...

Sig made by simon <3
360 Gamertag - Warshark NG
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 01:52 PM Reply

At 4 minutes ago, warshark wrote: It seems alright. I'm confused about the levelling though. I don't like how it doesn't seem to say how many, out of 5, uploads you've yet to vote on to get your exp points.

I think that's just a bug. I don't get any indication of how many animations I've still to vote on either. I must say though, I think I preferred the old level icons. These ones are nice and all, but compared to the old ones they just seem less significant. They don't seem to stand out and I'm not a huge fan of their order. That's just me being picky though.

As far as gaming goes, I'm never on the Xbox now. I think once this week is over and done I should feel a whole load of stress be lifted from my shoulders. Two pretty big coursework submissions will be over with, which I'm hoping means I can get myself back on Battlefield once in a while.


BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:02 PM Reply

At 6 minutes ago, Dean wrote: I think that's just a bug. I don't get any indication of how many animations I've still to vote on either. I must say though, I think I preferred the old level icons. These ones are nice and all, but compared to the old ones they just seem less significant. They don't seem to stand out and I'm not a huge fan of their order. That's just me being picky though.

I think I might vote on a couple of more uploads then just to be safe. Havn't had a gander at the levels page so can't say i've noticed the other icons. They do seem a bit have taken a backstep for the new icon where you can upload a picture of yourself or something.

As far as gaming goes, I'm never on the Xbox now. I think once this week is over and done I should feel a whole load of stress be lifted from my shoulders. Two pretty big coursework submissions will be over with, which I'm hoping means I can get myself back on Battlefield once in a while.

It's rather annoying how little I get to play now. I need to get more time in but I don't get the time in general nowadays.


Sig made by simon <3
360 Gamertag - Warshark NG
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:57 PM Reply

At 12 days ago, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/27/12 02:09 AM, ZJ wrote: Words cannot describe how happy this makes me. I remember loving this as a kid and beating it at a Local Family Fun Center. Did any of you guys get a chance to play it?
At an arcade from the mid 90s, yes. I cannot wait for this to hit modern consoles. I'll have so much fun playing this again.

I've been playing it on my roommate's Xbox and it's still as fun as I remember. I'm struggling with getting the achievement for beating the game on expert mode, though.


Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 05:07 PM Reply

Is anyone getting gotham city impostors? The beta was great and I can't wait to play the full version, which came out today/yesterday.

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 06:19 PM Reply

At 3 hours ago, ZJ wrote: I've been playing it on my roommate's Xbox and it's still as fun as I remember. I'm struggling with getting the achievement for beating the game on expert mode, though.

It has achievements too? Wasn't sure if they were able to do it but now that it's confirmed, that's sweet! I guess I will have to put this game right after beating Stranger's Wrath.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Dean
Dean
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 06:29 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, tally1989 wrote: Is anyone getting gotham city impostors? The beta was great and I can't wait to play the full version, which came out today/yesterday.

Seriously tempted to buy it, although I'll be waiting until I have a lesser workload to get through. I thought the beta was brilliant fun and I'd be more than happy to buy the full game, assuming it's priced around 1,200MSP or lower.


BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Neoncrotch
Neoncrotch
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 06:50 PM Reply

Sooo hey guys! wutup?


BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 07:11 PM Reply

At 36 minutes ago, Dean wrote:
At 1 hour ago, tally1989 wrote: Is anyone getting gotham city impostors? The beta was great and I can't wait to play the full version, which came out today/yesterday.
Seriously tempted to buy it, although I'll be waiting until I have a lesser workload to get through. I thought the beta was brilliant fun and I'd be more than happy to buy the full game, assuming it's priced around 1,200MSP or lower.

Another person on the fence here, it's a wonderful game, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Beta. But It's my best friends birthday on Sunday, and I promised him a present, then next month I've got to drive to a music festival with a fair few friends.

I thought you guys might enjoy this script, it bring back the respond to thread option on every post, so you don't need to quote and delete text or scroll back up. Thanks to Xaotic.

Played some of Bastion, fun game. +20


illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 52 minutes ago, Dean wrote: Seriously tempted to buy it, although I'll be waiting until I have a lesser workload to get through. I thought the beta was brilliant fun and I'd be more than happy to buy the full game, assuming it's priced around 1,200MSP or lower.

The price should be 15$

I'd buy it even if the price was 30$
I enjoy it way more then mw3 and I love that you can customize your character so much.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 08:53 PM Reply

SSX Soundtrack is goood.

I honestly can't figure out links with the redesign...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10776-SSX-s-46-
Song-Soundtrack-Revealed.html

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 28th, 2012 @ 10:12 AM Reply

So I try to find more games to get on my PS3 and from looking at three retail shops, all I've picked up is Just Cause 2. Although I do have several PS3 games I need to go through, I felt I could do with more to keep myself busy.

At 2 weeks ago, Makeshift wrote: SSX Soundtrack is goood.

My future brother in law is hoping to get that game for free from the company he works for so I'm looking forward to playing it myself whenever possible. I loved SSX from the sixth generation and would like to see how the series has been treated in 2012.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 04:30 PM Reply

Preordered Mass Effect 3 and Unit 13 on Thursday night and they shipped already so I'll probably have them on release tomorrow. I don't know why people hate Gamestop / EB Games so much. They always get my preordered games to me on time.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 02:32 PM Reply

At 1 month ago, Bahamut wrote:
It has achievements too? Wasn't sure if they were able to do it but now that it's confirmed, that's sweet! I guess I will have to put this game right after beating Stranger's Wrath.

I'd definitely recommend picking it up. I wasn't sure if it was going to be as good as I had remembered, but I'm glad to say that it is. Getting a game of four players going (online or local) makes for a really fun time.

Also, here's a warning: The achievement/trophy for getting to the boss of level 3 on survival mode will bug the crap out of you. It took me way too many tries to get that one.

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.


Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 9th, 2012 @ 09:08 AM Reply

At 18 hours ago, ZJ wrote: I'd definitely recommend picking it up. I wasn't sure if it was going to be as good as I had remembered, but I'm glad to say that it is. Getting a game of four players going (online or local) makes for a really fun time.

I think you're a little slow on the recommendation. I picked up the game and even went through it with my sister while she was here for my mum's birthday.

Also, here's a warning: The achievement/trophy for getting to the boss of level 3 on survival mode will bug the crap out of you. It took me way too many tries to get that one.

I had attempted this but it is a tricky one. Not sure if this has to be solo in order to obtain it, though.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 9th, 2012 @ 10:35 AM Reply

Hello, Video Game Regulars, don't mind if I join in? I promise to post regularly, hah.

Consoles Owned: PS1, NES, Sega Genesis, GBC, GBA, Nintendo DS, Wii.
Online User Names: Not a big fan of online gaming, though I do play a lot with my friends on the PC
Current Games Being Played: Digimon World 2003, Earthbound.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 9th, 2012 @ 12:24 PM Reply

Anyone play gotham city impostors? If yes, what do you think of it?