New Topic Respond to this Topic
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 10th, 2009 @ 11:19 AM Reply

I'd certainly consider myself a regular in the world of gaming. Hardly a day has passed in the last 15 years where I haven't played a video game of some sort. I spend 90% of my gaming time on my 360 generally playing a wide variety of games, although I rarely play online.

Gaming systems currently owned:
Xbox 360 (RE5 Limited Edition Elite).
Xbox.
Gamecube.
N64.
DS Lite.
Gameboy Colour.
Poor quality PC (only plays old games).

Previously owned:
PS3 (sold).
Wii (gave away as a birthday present).
SNES (traded for my N64).
Megadrive (broke).
Gameboy Advance (traded for my DS).

Online handles:
Xbox Live: Catatonic Nali.

Currently playing:
That depends on whether you look at games I'm playing right now or games I've been playing for a while but haven't quite finished, of which there are a hell of a lot especially as I often play through games numerous times.
In the last week or two I've been playing F.E.A.R. 2, Tombraider Underworld (which I just finished a couple of hours ago), Far Cry 2 and Pokemon Fire Red.
The main games I haven't played too recently but am still working on finishing are Forza 2, Colin Mcrae Dirt, The Godfather, Fallout 3, N+ and Shining Force.

About to start playing:
Tomb Raider 1, 2 and 3 (and maybe TLR and Chronicles) thanks to a recent, and likely ongoing, conversation with Bahamut.
Lego Indiana Jones. Not usually my sort of thing but I bought it REALLY cheap and I can't pass up a good video game deal, especially here in Australia where the pricing often doesn't make any fucking sense.)
Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta DLCs for Fallout 3.

Looking forward to:
Batman Arkham Asylum.
Aliens Vs Predator.
Dead Rising 2.
Assassins Creed 2.
Aliens Colonial Marines.
Mass Effect 2.
The Elder Scrolls 5 (whenever the hell it's coming out.)

Games owned:
Xbox 360: 42.
Xbox Live Arcade: 38.
Xbox: 30.
Gamecube: 16.
N64: 11.
DS: 6.
Gameboy/GBC: 8.
Gameboy Advance: 3.
PC: 18.

Total: 172.

Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 10th, 2009 @ 12:18 PM Reply

I was playing Paper Mario 2 the other day, and I just want a Paper Mario 3. Super Paper Mario is a Mario RPG game, but it's a spinoff. No, I want a real Paper Mario 3 on Wii. As soon as Mario Galaxy's finished, Miyamoto should start on that and start working with Intelligent Systems right away. Seeing as Mario&Luigi 3 is done and should do nothing less than kick ass.

Or maybe Miyamoto should hurry up and get a Starfox title going since that's overdue.

Paper Mario is just such a unique RPG series. If they were all like the Mario&Luigi games, I wouldn't mind, but it wouldn't be number 1 on my favorite game series list.

1. Mario RPGs
2. Legend of Zelda
3. Metal Gear Solid

So who else wants them to cut the crap and make Paper Mario 3 with new things added to the core gameplay and a big world filled with secrets, hilarious dialogue, and platforming action mixed with abilities that you and your partners gain?

Oh and by the way, you don't have a choice.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Liteice
Liteice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 10th, 2009 @ 12:34 PM Reply

At 8/10/09 09:35 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Well, I still have my gamecube but I don't play it these days.

I never play mine myself. Unless I get my hands on one of the Zelda titles or Pikmin 2 or something worth playing my old purple lunchbox will be collecting dust for awhile.

._.

X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 10th, 2009 @ 01:20 PM Reply

Vidya games, huh?

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

hsgeisdhesduenskalwidmfjrjdjfidjmfm ekdmsjfjjfjd

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 10th, 2009 @ 10:16 PM Reply

At 8/10/09 08:32 AM, GodsBitch wrote: Such a kind, considerate human being.

I know, right?

Also, I don't have and never owned a console... except a NES and an oldschool Gameboy.

PC all the way.

lunaralchemist
lunaralchemist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 10th, 2009 @ 10:17 PM Reply

im definatly a regular when it come to video game
consoles i currently own:
ps1,2,3
xbox,and xbox 360
wii and gamecube
psp
gameboy,gameboycolor,advanced,micro,sp,a nd the ds
n64
sega dreamcast and genisis
and i have my dads atari which is gonna crap on me in a few months
Games i currently own: so many idk anymore
hours of game play:at min 4 hours a day regardless of school,my job, and weather

one day u could have a normal life the next day u could be in a different dimension in another world O_o;

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 10th, 2009 @ 10:40 PM Reply

Consoles Owned: Pretty much everything that was released post 1995
Xbox360: Sekhem0
PSN: Sekhem0 (I prefer 360 for online since it's the only one hooked up to the internet, don't use this much online tbh)
Wii: PM me if you want it, I would have to look up the goddamn thing
Steam/Xfire: Sekhem56

If anyone is currently playing KOFXII on 360 hit me up, I really need some good people to play against. Tired of playing scrubs online and most of my friends hate fighting games/don't have it.

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Zwe
Zwe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 10th, 2009 @ 11:58 PM Reply

At 8/10/09 12:18 PM, Gustavos wrote: So who else wants them to cut the crap and make Paper Mario 3

I totally agree. Paper Mario 1 and 2 are my favorite games and I would love to see a true sequel.

I also just noticed this thread is titled Videa

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 03:50 AM Reply

I'm curious, are there many Aussies/NZers here who play PC games much? I'd love to get together on one server with a bunch of you guys on TF2 or something.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 04:32 AM Reply

At 8/10/09 10:16 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Also, I don't have and never owned a console... except a NES and an oldschool Gameboy.

PC all the way.

I really would love to convert to PC gaming, but the cost of a high end machine is something that I can't afford right now. I am also put of by the fact that if you want a machine that will run all the latest / upcoming titles you are going to have to upgrade your hardware fairly regularly. I think the main reason that I've stuck to console gaming so long is because I know that every game I buy is going to run without the worry of my system specs not being up to standard.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Pesticide
Pesticide
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 04:44 AM Reply

Got my hands on Batman Arkham Asylum (demo), it rocks.

| PESTICIDE |

BBS Signature
iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 04:52 AM Reply

Computer Gaming is really the better alternative of Consoles. This is pretty much because of a few things, And even though I prefer other consoles for certain reasons, Computer gaming has a whole lot of good points that make it just as good as any new generation console.

- Although good gaming computers will set you back more than most consoles will, Your getting more upgrades than just a game. I mean, Its going to be your computer. Your internet browsing experience and so on is going to be increased due to this computer too.

- Computer games are normally cheaper to buy than most games on other platforms. Even if its the same game. Also playing online is easy to access, and free. Computer games are also capable of having the best graphics, period.

So if your planning on buying lots of games, In the long run a gaming computer station will be just the same as buying a whole Xbox system with 100 games. But still Computers aren't exactly my favorite 'console'. I like each and every one, for their own individual traits <3

Peace duuude <3

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 05:14 AM Reply

At 8/11/09 04:52 AM, iCurrie wrote: Computer Gaming vs. Console Gaming

They are two completely different things. Yes computer gaming is great and is still a preferred choice over console gaming, they are two completely different aspects. With strengths and weaknesses all there own.

What it all comes down to though is how powerful your computer is (a.k.a. can it handle multiple games)

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 05:50 AM Reply

Well I am here to lounge so heres my stats from the OP questionnaire.

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS1 (modded), PS2 (2x's), Dreamcast, Wii, PS3, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, GBA, NDS Heavy, PSP 1k and PSP 2k. Own now PS3, PSPs, Wii and PS2.
Online User Names: SkaptoR (PSN and Gamertag) and Wii # forgot it.
Current Games Being Played: Grand Theft Auto 4, Fallout 3 (Waiting for PS3 DLC), Bioshock, Pure, Saints Row 2, Miscellaneous VC games.

Bow that you know that uh damn it The wait for FO3 PS3 dlc is too much, I might pussy out and purchase it via Steam f times 14.

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 11:39 AM Reply

I just bought a PC copy of GTA: SA and Hitman Blood money on the Xbox 360. I already have both these games for the PS2, but I no longer have a working console. Plus it will be nice to get some mods for San Andreas.

I'm just hoping that I don't have any issues with running San Andreas on Windows Vista. So far all my games have worked on Vista with the exception of Hitman Contract.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 12:40 PM Reply

Okay, I got some MS points to spend and I'm wondering, on XBLA should I buy 'Splosion Man or Secrets of Monkey Island. I enjoyed the trials of both, and I know they're very different, but idk.

I've played Secrets of Monkey Island before, but it was a very long time ago and I don't remember anything about it other than I enjoyed it and you fight like a dairy farmer.

HALP PLZ

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 12:43 PM Reply

At 8/11/09 12:40 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Okay, I got some MS points to spend and I'm wondering, on XBLA should I buy 'Splosion Man or Secrets of Monkey Island. I enjoyed the trials of both, and I know they're very different, but idk.

Monkey Island, unless you enjoy a lame indie title that probably should have been made in Flash. I think the only reason most people bought it was to see what the avatar award system was all about.

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Liteice
Liteice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 02:35 PM Reply

At 8/10/09 11:58 PM, Zwe wrote:
At 8/10/09 12:18 PM, Gustavos wrote: So who else wants them to cut the crap and make Paper Mario 3
I totally agree. Paper Mario 1 and 2 are my favorite games and I would love to see a true sequel.

I would like to see another traditional Paper Mario game, something a bit more like the original. I liked Super Paper Mario and all but still, it lacked the battle system and other things I loved. It would be interesting to see a new Paper Mario game on the DSI though instead of the Wii. Using the touch screen to pull off special moves sounds like a great idea.

._.

Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 04:16 PM Reply

At 8/11/09 12:40 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Okay, I got some MS points to spend and I'm wondering, on XBLA should I buy 'Splosion Man or Secrets of Monkey Island. I enjoyed the trials of both, and I know they're very different, but idk.

I've played Secrets of Monkey Island before, but it was a very long time ago and I don't remember anything about it other than I enjoyed it and you fight like a dairy farmer.

Nostalgia may be obscuring your judgement. I've never played the game, but from what I've heard, it's dated, even for a port. If you enjoyed the demo, I guess that's good, but there doesn't seem to be much variety to the game.

And then on the other hand, I've heard Splosion Man is a great game, so if I were you, I'd get that. It's got, what, 100 levels (50 single, 50 multi)? Great game if you have some friends to play with for sure.

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 8/11/09 02:35 PM, Liteice wrote:
At 8/10/09 11:58 PM, Zwe wrote:

I would like to see another traditional Paper Mario game, something a bit more like the original. I liked Super Paper Mario and all but still, it lacked the battle system and other things I loved. It would be interesting to see a new Paper Mario game on the DSI though instead of the Wii. Using the touch screen to pull off special moves sounds like a great idea.

HO NEEDS TOUCH SCREENS WEN U GOTS MOSHUN CUNTROLS!?!?!

Seriously though, I'm tired of RPGs, good RPGs, ending up on handhelds and never consoles anymore. Sure, portability is nice for the genre that requires the most gameplay, but it makes these RPGs shorter and not meeting their full potential. That's why the DS and PSP have the weakest game lineups of the five consoles out now.

But all in all, I'd rather Mario RPGs being operated by buttons except for special attacks (like perhaps attacks that require star power. A game that involves 2D characters in a 3d world shouldn't have any sort of motion control otherwise. It would be unnecessary and out of place.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 11th, 2009 @ 11:55 PM Reply

I'd highly recommend Monkey Island. I just got done playing it a couple of weeks ago and it's definitely one of the best games I've played so far this year. I thought 'Splosion Man seems really good from the trial. Maybe get Monkey Island first, then get 'Splosion Man when you get some more MS points.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 12th, 2009 @ 01:27 AM Reply

At 8/11/09 04:32 AM, GodsBitch wrote: I really would love to convert to PC gaming, but the cost of a high end machine is something that I can't afford right now. I am also put of by the fact that if you want a machine that will run all the latest / upcoming titles you are going to have to upgrade your hardware fairly regularly. I think the main reason that I've stuck to console gaming so long is because I know that every game I buy is going to run without the worry of my system specs not being up to standard.

Yeah, I'm pretty lucky my friend works with PCs and buys from China, so I got this pimped out computer for a risible price.

Another friend of mine though, invested a good 2,500$ in his computer along with some 500$ sound system and a 1,500$ flat huge T.V..

Let me tell you playing F.E.A.R. on that is fucking scary.

iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 12th, 2009 @ 01:35 AM Reply

I've started playing Super Mario Land again on the Super Nintendo. I've gone as far as to purchase flash also, It set me back a bit, But I think getting into it eventually would be a good thing to do. That's how much Mario has effected me - It made me buy flash.

I love Mario :)

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 12th, 2009 @ 01:50 AM Reply

I'm on an XBL gamerscore kick and I rented Terminator Salvation because I heard it was very easy to get 1000 points. Well 5 hours after renting it, here I am with that extra 1000 points. It's that easy.

iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 12th, 2009 @ 02:33 AM Reply

At 8/12/09 01:50 AM, 36Holla wrote: I'm on an XBL gamerscore kick and I rented Terminator Salvation because I heard it was very easy to get 1000 points. Well 5 hours after renting it, here I am with that extra 1000 points. It's that easy.

If your looking for easy Gamer Points, I have something you should go and rent if you haven't already completed it. Fight Night 3. Easy 1000G's within no more than 3 or 4 hours.

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 12th, 2009 @ 03:19 AM Reply

At 8/12/09 02:33 AM, iCurrie wrote:
At 8/12/09 01:50 AM, 36Holla wrote: I'm on an XBL gamerscore kick and I rented Terminator Salvation because I heard it was very easy to get 1000 points. Well 5 hours after renting it, here I am with that extra 1000 points. It's that easy.
If your looking for easy Gamer Points, I have something you should go and rent if you haven't already completed it. Fight Night 3. Easy 1000G's within no more than 3 or 4 hours.

I actually made a small list of games that had the seemingly easiest achievements and FN3 was on that list. Too bad they don't have it for rent at my video store, and Gamestop was charging 20 dollars for it still. The other games on the list included Madden 06, Avatar, CSI Hard Evidence, and the Lost game. Gonna check out that stuff later on.

sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 12th, 2009 @ 03:54 AM Reply

At 8/12/09 03:19 AM, 36Holla wrote:
At 8/12/09 02:33 AM, iCurrie wrote:
I actually made a small list of games that had the seemingly easiest achievements and FN3 was on that list. Too bad they don't have it for rent at my video store, and Gamestop was charging 20 dollars for it still. The other games on the list included Madden 06, Avatar, CSI Hard Evidence, and the Lost game. Gonna check out that stuff later on.

Most of the 06 sport games have ridiculously easy achievements if you're interested.
Personally I love unlocking achievements but I wont play games with retardedly easy GS just for that purpose. I prefer the challenge of unlocking hard achievements. I don't think there are any games on my gamercard that are notoriously easy. Except maybe Party Animals but I didn't play that, my girlfriend at the time rented it.

Pesticide
Pesticide
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 12th, 2009 @ 06:15 AM Reply

Anyone know how to damage a 360 so it never plays anything, like ever. I was thinking turning it on and off, but I have no idea if that works.

| PESTICIDE |

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 12th, 2009 @ 06:25 AM Reply

At 8/12/09 06:15 AM, Pesticide wrote: Anyone know how to damage a 360 so it never plays anything, like ever. I was thinking turning it on and off, but I have no idea if that works.

Why would you want to do that? Anyway I'd say that dropping it off a tall building will work.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 12th, 2009 @ 06:36 AM Reply

At 8/12/09 06:15 AM, Pesticide wrote: Anyone know how to damage a 360 so it never plays anything, like ever. I was thinking turning it on and off, but I have no idea if that works.

Make an extremely hot, cramped environment, and stuff the Xbox in there. Once the 360 has been cramped in this heated position, disable any fans inside the 360. Play any game for about 1 hour, and your 360 should blow up, and create some form of Time Travel.