New Topic Respond to this Topic
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-05-17 12:01:35 Reply

Hello all. I know I don't normally post here, but for you old school fans who don't frequent the Wii Virtual Console ThreadI thought I would inform you of this...

NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Chrono Trigger
Publisher: Square Enix
System: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Genre: RPG
Cost: 800 Wii Points

A young man is transported into the past, altering the course of history and the outcome of the future. He has to find his way home, but first he must travel to the outer edges of time to repair the world's chronology. On the way, he encounters strange friends and foes, utilizes incredible devices and vehicles, and penetrates and neutralizes the fortresses of the past, present, and future. A paradox has been created. If he does not restore the order of time, nothing will ever be the same. He is the one who will become a hero. He is Crono.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-05-20 16:46:09 Reply

At 5/17/11 12:01 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
Chrono Trigger

This is great news. I'm so glad that Nintendo is finally releasing classics like this. The fact that I can get a great game like this for eight bucks is amazing. It's what the Virtual Console should be all about. I just really wish that Nintendo would have the gall to release Earthbound.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-05-20 17:09:42 Reply

I have my games in a drawer, all neat and tidy. It's double XP this weekend on Killzone 3 so don't miss out if you have it!

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-05-21 10:51:00 Reply

I hate when this happens. I have months of free time on my hands and I can't decide what I want to play so I spend most of my gaming time on Black Ops.

I've been thinking of playing through the first four Phantasy Star games, since I've never played them before and I imagine that they will take a good while to beat. Have any of you guys played them? If so, I'm interested to know what you think of them and roughly how long they will take to beat for someone who has never played them before.

I thought today was when the car boot sale that I've mentioned in previous posts was taking place, but it's actually tomorrow, so I will be down there bright and early. I can imagine I'll come home empty handed, which is a shame, but I'd love to bring back an old Nintendo console and some games. I just have to hope that someone is selling one.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-05-23 10:27:07 Reply

Thanks to double XP at the weekend I'm now level 42 on Kiilzone 3. And now I have the not at all laborious job of earning 2.5 million XP for the next rank. I'm pretty happy about nearly being in the top 2000 players though.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-05-23 10:33:27 Reply

The boot sale I'd mentioned a few times and was rather excited about was a total let down. When I was last there either one or two years ago it was packed and there were loads of people selling things and I encountered a lot of old games consoles. This time the only things that I found were a PS1 and a PS2 both of which I already had. The games that were also being sold were all sports games for the most part and I never buy sports games because it's just the same game re-released every single year.

Looks like if I want to get my hands on a NES, SNES or N64 I'm going to have to use ebay. Sadly, this usually isn't the cheapest way to go as they all want way too much for them and bundle them with really shit games.

BBS Signature
LulzCal
LulzCal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-05-23 17:05:30 Reply

At 4/24/11 11:23 AM, warshark wrote:
At 4/24/11 11:06 AM, Dean wrote: All my games are divided into their native consoles and stored in alphabetical order. Call me crazy, but when you have so many it can be a bitch trying to find what you're looking for.
I wish I shared your dedication! Mine are all placed wherever the hell I can fit them. I try to put game series together but that's about as far as I go.

It's a pain in the ass when i'm trying to find something but I move my xbox games far too much to actually be able to sort them. My DS games and PS3 games sit nicely on a shelf above my tv though.

I'm pretty sure I have that exact shelf. This year is almost too good for games. I don't know how I'm going to afford them! Battlefield 3, Dead Island, Ocarina 3D, Skyward Sword, Arkham City, Rage... what else is there? Oh yeah, Skyrim. Also I really really want L.A. Noire. I'm a huge fan of narrative games like that and it looks awesome.

I wish somebody would just accept my damn job applications.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-06-01 21:23:36 Reply

Hello pointless lounge that nobody really cares about. Just thought I'd post something here, because I'm a regular and that's the sort of thing this lounge is about amirite? No I'm probably not.

Anyways throughout the month of June, I'll be going through those who have left a mark in gaming. Whether that mark was good or bad.

I've already got Day 1 posted and you can check it out here.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-06-03 09:21:27 Reply

At 6/1/11 09:23 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Hello pointless lounge that nobody really cares about.

It really is a shame that this thread doesn't get much attention, but it seems that the Gamerscore Leaderboard has basically become the VG Regulars Lounge. I still like to bump this thread now and again because the majority of the posts in here are pretty decent.

BBS Signature
X1SephX
X1SephX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-06-13 13:40:30 Reply

Anyone know of comedic videos like AmazingFilms247 around on either youtube or anywhere. Also I heard about Konami announcing HD remakes of MGS 2,3 and that they would have trophies along with them. Haven't read if Silent Hill 2,3 HD will have trophies, anyone know?

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-06-16 22:13:52 Reply

Finally level 30 on GT5 thanks to X3 points and money. The Red Bull challenge is bloody hard :(

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-06-16 22:22:34 Reply

At 8/9/09 06:50 AM, iCurrie wrote: Hey Gamers,

I want to firstly clear this up. I have taken into account the fact there was an original Regulars thread. Even after countless attempts by many users to keep this thread alive, It has just failed again and again. The only option is then to attempt it a second time. It has worked for other threads, And I hope it will now. This thread has moderator approval.

Basically, this thread is just for people who are constantly posting inside the Video games forum. Here you can discuss anything related to the forum itself or gaming at all. The idea of a lounge is that it isn't too formal, and all Forums have a lounge. We are currently the only Forum with a regulars lounge that has died out. And hopefully this will fix that.

As a side note too, You don't have to have tens of thousands of posts in order to post here. This could be used as an alternative to spam style threads from time to time. Considering most posters within this thread would have a basic idea of anything game related.

Anyway, Everyone knows the point of a regulars lounge. So, I'll shut up about that. To get us started without this thread, Lets get a brief gaming description of people. That way if you's play similar games, You can add each other and so on. Myself:

Consoles Owned: 360, PlayStation 3. (And previous gaming consoles).
Online User Names: iCurrie (Xbox Live). I'm currently not doing online gaming.
Current Games Being Played: Grand Theft Auto 4, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Halo 3.

Fingers crossed for the new thread :)

Consoles Owned: Wii, SEGA Genesis, DS Lite, PSP, GBASP, Gamecube, PS1, N64, GBA, GBA Micro
Online User names: None
Current Games Being Played: Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 4, Tony Hawk Underground 2, Madworld, Need For Speed Most Wanted and Carbon, Spectrobes, SOCOM 1 & 2,
Games Completed: ROCK BAND Unplugged, Pokemon XD, Guitar Hero III Legends Of Rock, ROCK BAND, DBZ Budokai 2

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-06-16 22:23:16 Reply

At 6/13/11 01:40 PM, X1SephX wrote: Anyone know of comedic videos like AmazingFilms247 around on either youtube or anywhere. Also I heard about Konami announcing HD remakes of MGS 2,3 and that they would have trophies along with them. Haven't read if Silent Hill 2,3 HD will have trophies, anyone know?

This isn't 100% certain but I believe that both collections are getting a 360 release and if they get a 360 release they will have to include achievements so presumably they will include trophies as well because they will have done the coding for it.

Jawd
Jawd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-23 12:28:24 Reply

Just finished FFIX. I did everything in the game except collect all of the cards, which will be an ongoing struggle since I have most of them now but I'm trying to find certain one which I don't even know if I can get now that I'm restricted to the locations of disc 4. The soundtracks are beautiful.

Just began a new game on FFVII which I'll now be playing through. So Square, care to explain?

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-23 13:35:02 Reply

At 7/23/11 12:28 PM, Jawd wrote: So Square, care to explain?

It's a mistake that I make all too often myself :(

Still, I wish I had your dedication to sit through those sort of games. I have all the free time I want until mid September and I still can't force myself to sit down and play through 'lengthy' games. I just restrict myself to playing BC2 and Black Ops online.

So many titles I'd love to play through. Both new and old but for whatever reason I just can't find the motivation.

BBS Signature
Jawd
Jawd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-23 13:39:23 Reply

At 7/23/11 01:35 PM, Dean wrote:
At 7/23/11 12:28 PM, Jawd wrote: So Square, care to explain?
It's a mistake that I make all too often myself :(

Still, I wish I had your dedication to sit through those sort of games. I have all the free time I want until mid September and I still can't force myself to sit down and play through 'lengthy' games. I just restrict myself to playing BC2 and Black Ops online.

So many titles I'd love to play through. Both new and old but for whatever reason I just can't find the motivation.

I get bored too, but it's a lot more fun to have a bro around with you. I want to say it's sociable too, I guess it is compared to playing alone really. I take my laptop down to my bros or he brings his down to mine and we just play FF right next to each other and have a laugh haha. Grinding isn't so bad when you're with friends. Sometimes we get high whilst we're doing it (rarely) and it's hilarious what you notice in games when you're high. D: But I know you Dean, all anti-drugs etc, ah well, one day you will join us.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-23 13:46:30 Reply

At 7/23/11 01:39 PM, Jawd wrote: But I know you Dean, all anti-drugs etc, ah well, one day you will join us.

I'm only really anti-drugs when it comes to the more hardcore stuff, but yea, I'm not someone who feels the need to smoke weed.

I my mouse would stop being such a bitch I'd probably finish off playing Fallout and then move onto Fallout 2 and possibly Fallout Tactics. I'd also like to play through the KOTOR games which I bought a while back. Spent a few hours playing the first, but I never finished it. I'd also like to finish the first Deus Ex game and see what the second one is like.

I think like you were suggesting, it's probably more boring because it's single player. At least when you're playing these games you're pissing about with your mate.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-23 15:00:18 Reply

Never really bothered posting in here. Considering this forum is where I spend all my time on the internet.

I'm playing Bulletstorm and Metro 2033 at the moment, and enjoying both of them very much, especially Bulletstorm, it's refreshing to play such a fun game. And Metro is also great, the atmosphere is fantastic, combat runs absolutely fine, characters are pulled off well and are believable as well as the story being superb makes the overall experience brilliant.

I bought Homefront also, which was total shit and has been sent back as of yesterday. I mean, I wasn't expecting much, but, seriously? A 4 hour (if that) campaign, which was crap, annoying controls and a multiplayer which I'm sure the majority of the population of gamers have played before in the form of Call of Duty, it was complete trash and not worth anything more than £5 in my opinion.

From the money I got from sending Homefront back I decided to buy Red Faction Armageddon, which from gameplay videos I can see looks a lot like Guerrilla, which I loved, so I'm hoping that this will be a good place to spend my Dad's money.

Hope this thread sticks about a little longer than last time.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-23 15:19:40 Reply

I'm going to use this thread to say something.

Hello people of the video game subforum on Newgrounds. Using constant insults doesn't make your point anymore valid. It just makes you look like a ranting asshole. Stop being pricks and just state your fucking point.

That is all, dickface.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-23 16:52:43 Reply

At 7/23/11 03:00 PM, Snuff wrote: Hope this thread sticks about a little longer than last time.

I hope so too. I like this thread but it only seems to get small bursts of activity and then fades away. The Gamerscore Leaderboard seems to get treated as the regulars lounge even though discussion in there is meant to be restricted to Xbox games. I feel like I've already said that a lot in here already.

I've not really been playing many games recently, aside from Bad Company 2. I started to play through both San Andreas (PC version) and the first Fallout game but for whatever reason I stopped playing after a few days. I wasn't particularly bored of either, I just couldn't be bothered and like I've already mention, this seems to be a problem that I'm having right now.

I'd really like to play through a lot of my older games but it's just a hassle having to get all the old systems out of their hiding places and then making room for them on my desk. So many awesome looking C64 games that I'd love to play through. I guess emulation might be an option, but I like playing on the original consoles/systems.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-23 16:55:02 Reply

At 7/23/11 03:19 PM, Makeshift wrote: I'm going to use this thread to say something.

Hello people of the video game subforum on Newgrounds. Using constant insults doesn't make your point anymore valid. It just makes you look like a ranting asshole. Stop being pricks and just state your fucking point.

That is all, dickface.

You're a person of the video game subforum, dickface.

xXEMPXx
xXEMPXx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-24 03:37:06 Reply

Consoles own:
Xbox 360,Wii,PSP,Gamecube,PS2,N64

Online user names:
xbox 360=hanzo xFx Steam=Hanzo5000 (well i never login on xbox too much)

Current games being played:
Borderlands,Halo reach,castle crashers,trials HD and dragon age I and II

BBS Signature
alfraydo
alfraydo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-24 17:38:02 Reply

suppose I should pop in for a quick post while there is some activity.

currently I am playing through the Resident Evil series, starting with REmake. hell of a game, quite challenging. while I enjoyed Resident Evil 4, I wanted to get back to the root of all Evils. unfunny pun aside, definitely having a blast playing it.

looking forward to a couple of games. #1 priority is Saints Row: The Third. definitely picking that up. afterwards I may pick up Ultimate MvC3 what with the new characters and all that jazz.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

LulzCal
LulzCal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-24 17:53:08 Reply

At 7/23/11 03:00 PM, Snuff wrote:
And Metro is also great, the atmosphere is fantastic, combat runs absolutely fine, characters are pulled off well and are believable as well as the story being superb makes the overall experience brilliant.

Damn I really need to pick this up. I borrowed it off a mate but only for one night, so I didn't get too far. The atmosphere is awesome I've got to agree with you there, I wish more devs realised atmosphere is just as important as visuals.

I bought Homefront also, which was total shit and has been sent back as of yesterday.

Also borrowed this off a different friend. I really didn't like it, I was interested a while back when the devs said they took a lot of inspiration from Half Life, but it turned out to suck badly. I can see where they took it from Half Life 2 with the whole uprising theme, but they pulled it off badly.

And I do like this thread so I will contribute to keep it afloat. Currently I'm mainly just playing TF2, Bad Company 2 and Minecraft, so nothing different from the norm. I've sort of started replaying the HL2 series as well. I haven't been on my Xbox for a while and I need to finish Crysis 2 so I'll do that soon.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature
Jawd
Jawd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-24 18:37:50 Reply

At 7/23/11 01:46 PM, Dean wrote:
At 7/23/11 01:39 PM, Jawd wrote: But I know you Dean, all anti-drugs etc, ah well, one day you will join us.
I'm only really anti-drugs when it comes to the more hardcore stuff, but yea, I'm not someone who feels the need to smoke weed.

My mum and the rest of the family are going away for 2 weeks in a few days, I've got an ounce of green beauty waiting to be enjoyed. Games are going to be so fun. :3

If my mouse would stop being such a bitch I'd probably finish off playing Fallout and then move onto Fallout 2

I tried to give those games a go, but I got stuck really early in the game (I couldn't figure out how to navigate the fucking world!) so I gave up trying. I'm sure it was something simple to understand but I was just lazy about it, I didn't even ask anyone or turn to our friend Google.

I think like you were suggesting, it's probably more boring because it's single player. At least when you're playing these games you're pissing about with your mate.

Yeah, it definitely enhances the fun with a friend. Playing FF has been less fun (but still fun) with my mate not around. His girlfriend just back from holiday though so I doubt I'm going to see him for a while... *wateeesh*

----

In other news, Vivi, I hate to break it to you bro, but...

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-24 18:53:34 Reply

At 7/24/11 06:37 PM, Jawd wrote: My mum and the rest of the family are going away for 2 weeks in a few days, I've got an ounce of green beauty waiting to be enjoyed. Games are going to be so fun. :3

Bloody stoners.

I tried to give those games a go, but I got stuck really early in the game (I couldn't figure out how to navigate the fucking world!) so I gave up trying. I'm sure it was something simple to understand but I was just lazy about it, I didn't even ask anyone or turn to our friend Google.

I used to struggle with the same thing for some reason, but yea, it's really simple. You just click where you want to go and it starts moving. Once you're at the destination you just click the green arrow and it loads up the map. There's sometimes random encounters when travelling too.

Yeah, it definitely enhances the fun with a friend. Playing FF has been less fun (but still fun) with my mate not around. His girlfriend just back from holiday though so I doubt I'm going to see him for a while... *wateeesh*

Bros before hoes.

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-28 11:19:55 Reply

EVO tournament is starting tomorrow. If you're a beat 'em fan in any way then you have no excuse for not watching it.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-30 10:12:10 Reply

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is on sale for £3.74 on Steam right now and I'm tempted to buy it. Even though I really have no interest in the whole vampire thing, it does look like quite an interesting game and I'm sure it was TheMaster who recommended it in the past. Knowing me though I'll lose interest after a few hours and rather I had the £4 back.

Steam offers, why you so good at trying to steal my money?

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-30 18:51:49 Reply

At 7/28/11 11:19 AM, Quinny wrote: EVO tournament is starting tomorrow. If you're a beat 'em fan in any way then you have no excuse for not watching it.

Oh bollocks I forgot to watch it. Tekken was on today as well.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature
X1SephX
X1SephX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-07-31 15:23:07 Reply

How is BlazeBlue? Just finished watching the Finals on EVO good shit on Sparks for winning. I feel bad for Lord Knight though idk if it was that I never played the game but to me it looked like he was trying to get through Sparks but Sparks was just too beast.

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.