New Topic Respond to this Topic
LulzCal
LulzCal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-03-17 17:51:39 Reply

At 3/17/11 01:55 AM, iCurrie wrote: This has likely been covered before, but, who here plays WOW?

Yeah I do, I play it casually though. Level 44 Night Elf Rogue on the EU realm Runetotem.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-03-25 08:33:24 Reply

I made a thread yesterday trying to get some opinions of the Gothic series, since they had 75% off on Steam but I got no replies so I never bought any of them. Now the sale is off and I'm regretting it slightly. They look like decent enough games, but they seem to get really mixed reviews.

I've found another old RPG game that was never given much attention because it was released around the same time as Morrowind, bit it still seem quite good and it's less than £3 on Steam. It's called Arx Fatalis, and although it's obviously quite old, it still seems interesting. I have a quick (10 minute) play of the demo and it seems alright, but I was getting an issue with the display showing black lines now and again. That put me off a little.

Anyway, rather than make another thread that will probably get no replies I thought I'd ask here. Any of you guys played Arx Fatalis?

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem! Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-03-25 21:21:04 Reply

Is anyone planning on getting a 3DS? I'm considering it, since the battery on my DS won't charge anymore. I've been running it directly from the mains, so it's no longer a portable handheld console, but more like a vastly inferior home console with a touch screen, and no TV connectivity.

Also, are there any good 3DS games out on release? I've had a bit of a look, and none of them besides SSF4 look remarkably appealing.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-03-26 09:44:22 Reply

I got my consoles for each generation picked out except for the 4th Generation. I'm trying to decide what to get out of Super Nintendo and Sega Genisis.

As for handhelds I'm just sticking with my gameboy.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-03-26 09:56:56 Reply

I think my Arx Fatalis idea has left me. Seems like a decent enough game, especially for that price, but I've decided against it. Now I'm considering getting the Oblivion GOTY Deluxe Edition. I only have Oblivion on the Xbox and I've not played any of the DLC, so it would be nice to get them all and have a PC copy of the game.

According to canyourunit, my MacBook Pro meets the recommended specs, but I'm a little sceptical. I guess the game is five years old now so I should be fine, but I always assumed I'd struggle to run it. If only they had some kind of demo. I'd hate to spend £20 on this only for it not to run smoothly.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem! Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-03-26 22:06:07 Reply

At 3/26/11 09:44 AM, tyler2513 wrote: I got my consoles for each generation picked out except for the 4th Generation. I'm trying to decide what to get out of Super Nintendo and Sega Genisis.

Go for the SNES. You can get any of the good Genesis games for 20 bucks on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3 or 360. The same can't be said for a lot of the SNES classic.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod "Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Nentindo
Nentindo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-03-27 12:05:16 Reply

Might as well join in...
Deep breath....
Consoles: Sega: Dreamcast, Mega Drive (That's Genesis to Americans) Nintendo: 64, GameCube, Wii Sony: PS2 Microsoft: 360
Handhelds: Gameboy original, Gameboy play it loud clear, Gameboy pocket, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Colour special Pikachu edition, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, Gameboy Advance SP mario edition, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS, PSP and if these count, Sony PocketStation and Sega Dreamcast VMU. I think I forgot some. Nevermind.

Steam, Xbox Live and Game Center - V1NC5N7 ---- -----------------Visit this guy's site, and while you're at it, join my site.-----------------

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-03-29 05:37:10 Reply

At 3/27/11 12:05 PM, Nentindo wrote: Gameboy play it loud clear

I don't think I've ever heard or seen one of these before. I just had to Google it to find out what you were talking about. They look pretty cool. I enjoy transparent cases which reveal the inner circuitry.

Can anyone recommend any particularly good Gameboy/Colour/Advance games? Preferably something other than the Pokemon games.

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-03-29 10:10:27 Reply

At 3/29/11 05:37 AM, Dean wrote:
At 3/27/11 12:05 PM, Nentindo wrote: Gameboy play it loud clear
I don't think I've ever heard or seen one of these before. I just had to Google it to find out what you were talking about. They look pretty cool. I enjoy transparent cases which reveal the inner circuitry.

Can anyone recommend any particularly good Gameboy/Colour/Advance games? Preferably something other than the Pokemon games.

Some of the Meteroid games were good.

Any Mario platformer is worth the luls.

There was an old Gameboy game called Primal Rage that's a barrel of lols if you enjoy dinosaurs beating the crap out of each other (used to be an arcade game with some pretty nifty graphics, doubt you'll find a machine around in most Arcade shops though as I think they discontinued leasing/producing Primal Rage machines.)

Other then that the only Gameboy games I played were the Pokemon games and the Pokemon Trading Card Game (this is actually a really fun game, feels 'Pokemon' enough to tie in with the main games, but it plays exactly how you play the actual trading card game that was all the rage back in 2000/2001 so doesn't feel like your typical 'Pokemon' adventure)

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008 Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-03-29 10:15:25 Reply

At 3/29/11 10:10 AM, SkeletonGimp wrote: Some of the Meteroid games were good.

Yes, especially Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission. Both are awesome games! I highly recommend them both! However, I can't say the same thing about Metroid II. Very monotonous and confusing I found it to be.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ] Formerly Bahamut

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 10:41:54 Reply

I've run out of storage space for my games which is conveniently close to my Xbox. As you can see in the photo, two games already don't have a place and I'm expecting another three to arrive within the coming week. I don't like separating my Xbox games and don't want to store my current generation games away with all my retro stuff, mainly because it would be a hassle every time I wanted to play one of the games.

I was considering buying some kind of DVD storage unit, but they're either really expensive or can only just hold all my Xbox games, meaning I'd be in this situation again in no time.

How/where do you guys store your games?

If I can manage I'll take a picture of all my retro stuff too, but it's in a pretty awkward position to get a photo of it all and would probably require multiple.

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 11:01:40 Reply

At 4/24/11 10:41 AM, Dean wrote: As you can see in the photo,

Are they all in alphabetical order or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Sorry I can't help with your actual problem, i'm usually moving between houses so I keep all my stuff in a bag to carry to and fro.

Sig made by simon <3 360 Gamertag - Warshark NG PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 11:04:10 Reply

At 4/24/11 10:58 AM, Addict wrote: Anyways, good luck with whatever decision you make.

I wish I had more space in my room to get some kind of big DVD display cabinet. I have a total of 566 games since I last counted and I just think it's a shame for the vast majority of them to be hidden away in a wardrobe. I'd much rather have them all on display in my room, but it's just not possible.

When the day comes that I'm living on my own with a nice income, I will dedicate a room in my house to some kind of gaming library. It will be epic :P

Until them I'm probably going to do what you said and look for some cheap DVD stands. I'd rather not have to box them all away.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 11:06:28 Reply

At 4/24/11 11:01 AM, warshark wrote: Are they all in alphabetical order or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Haha, yes. Yes they are!

All my games are divided into their native consoles and stored in alphabetical order. Call me crazy, but when you have so many it can be a bitch trying to find what you're looking for.

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 11:21:49 Reply

I hope these PSN hackers get found and have their genitalia removed. Also, I have my DVDs and games in alphabetical order as I have quite a lot of them. Way easier to see what I'm looking for.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 11:23:18 Reply

At 4/24/11 11:06 AM, Dean wrote: All my games are divided into their native consoles and stored in alphabetical order. Call me crazy, but when you have so many it can be a bitch trying to find what you're looking for.

I wish I shared your dedication! Mine are all placed wherever the hell I can fit them. I try to put game series together but that's about as far as I go.

It's a pain in the ass when i'm trying to find something but I move my xbox games far too much to actually be able to sort them. My DS games and PS3 games sit nicely on a shelf above my tv though.

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 11:24:55 Reply

At 4/24/11 11:23 AM, warshark wrote: My DS games and PS3 games sit nicely on a shelf above my tv though.

Oh shi-, double post!

I also have Uncharted 1 and 2 but they're somewhere else in the shelves for some reason.

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 11:27:58 Reply

At 4/24/11 11:24 AM, warshark wrote: I also have Uncharted 1 and 2 but they're somewhere else in the shelves for some reason.

I also expect everyone to do a handstand to view that image.

FML

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 11:33:16 Reply

At 4/24/11 10:41 AM, Dean wrote: How/where do you guys store your games?

I have quite a large bookcase that my TV/BluRay/consoles all sit on top of so I have most of my games and DVDs stored on there. Right now it's full to capacity with about 250 games/DVDs in cases as well as a further 500 CDs and DVDS in 3 large wallets which I had to use when I moved and couldn't bring all the cases with me.
I also have another larger bookcase which has the rest of my games, DVDs, CDs, videos, records (I love vinyl) and even a few books on it. Most of these are things I don't use as often like PC games or things in larger cases like limited editions or box sets.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 11:35:57 Reply

At 4/24/11 11:27 AM, warshark wrote: I also expect everyone to do a handstand to view that image.

My neck found itself at an unnatural angle so that I could view that image the way it was intended to be viewed :P

I tried to take a photo of all my games which I have shut away in the wardrobe, but it was impossible due to darkness and my inability to get it all in a couple of photos. It's been a while since I last took a photo of everything so during the week, when everyone is at work, I will try to take them all out of storage and take one big photo of the lot. Either that or I could do it later today and claim I'm cleaning out the wardrobe if my mum asks me to explain the almighty mess that will no doubt cover my floor.

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 11:50:56 Reply

At 4/24/11 11:35 AM, Dean wrote: I could do it later today and claim I'm cleaning out the wardrobe if my mum asks me to explain the almighty mess that will no doubt cover my floor.

Tell her you doing spring cleaning?
Or that you're mining for gold and the best place to start is by strip mining through your wardrobe.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 11:55:22 Reply

At 4/24/11 11:50 AM, warshark wrote: Tell her you doing spring cleaning?
Or that you're mining for gold and the best place to start is by strip mining through your wardrobe.

Spring cleaning? Why didn't I think of that. Fine, you're on. Tonight, when I get back from visiting my Grandad (if I go) I will try to find a way of getting all my games set up in such a position that I can photograph them all in one. The scary part will be spiders. I hope there aren't any lurking around waiting to attack me when I move a box or two around. I think I fear them more than anything else on this planet.

Mining for gold you say? I think you've been spending too much time on MineCraft :D

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 12:21:50 Reply

At 4/24/11 11:55 AM, Dean wrote: The scary part will be spiders. I hope there aren't any lurking around waiting to attack me when I move a box or two around. I think I fear them more than anything else on this planet.

Don't worry. They won't attack you during the day. Just make sure you've got a height advantage in case though.

Mining for gold you say? I think you've been spending too much time on MineCraft :D

What makes you say that? :3

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 12:24:54 Reply

I'm not sure how well this is going to go. I've not even touched the games yet and already my bed is covered in games consoles, old computers, boxes and gaming peripherals. Plus, I don't think a pile of games will be too sturdy on a bed.

I need to rethink my strategy.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 13:37:52 Reply

I hope at least some people are interested in seeing this, because it took me a fair bit of effort, although it was of my own accord. If not, it's not such a big deal anyway, because now it has given me the chance to have a look over all my games and make sure that the list I keep is accurate.

There are still a few games missing because they were in my brothers room and I didn't want to mess up all his stuff as well, but this is the vast majority of everything game related that I own. I don't think it looks like there are over 550 games there, but I have to remember that the little box under the Guitar Hero controller with the open lid probably holds about 100 cartridges / floppy discs / cassette tapes and that some of the older Commodore / Spectrum cassettes hold multiple games.

Better quality image.

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-24 14:11:23 Reply

At 4/24/11 01:37 PM, Dean wrote: I hope at least some people are interested in seeing this.

Holy Shit balls! That's a lot of stuff. I wish i'd kept some of my older consoles and games but I, stupidly, traded them all in as I went along when I was younger.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-28 22:24:08 Reply

Hey dudes, just thought you should all know that this is PuddinN64. I had Tom change my name because I was looking for something new. Hopefully everything works out. ;)

Oh, and I've recently gotten back into Mario Baseball for the Gamecube. Anyone play that one before?

Sig by Some Guy - AMA Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod "Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
alfraydo
alfraydo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-04-29 00:02:26 Reply

At 4/24/11 01:37 PM, Dean wrote: I hope at least some people are interested in seeing this

I admit, I am rather quite impressed with your collection there. Respect.

Oh, and I've recently gotten back into Mario Baseball for the Gamecube. Anyone play that one before?

I have. Actually quite fun. I recall the special pitches and swings, like Mario's Fireball or Yoshi's Egg.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-05-01 21:19:27 Reply

At 4/29/11 12:02 AM, Alfraydo wrote: I admit, I am rather quite impressed with your collection there. Respect.

Thank you. Always nice for someone to appreciate it rather than think it's just a pile of old junk.

I've been looking into buying a NES, SNES or N64 although so far I've only really looked into the N64 as it will probably be the cheapest to get hold of. I've been looking at ebay for a bundle including a console AND games, but all the bundles are either really cheap but filled with sports games, or well overpriced with the good games. I really don't know how much I'm willing to spend either. They seem to be more expensive than I was expecting.

Maybe I should just try to attend some car boot sales soon and find someone selling old consoles for next to nothing as they consider it junk now.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-05-13 12:02:57 Reply

Fairly big car boot sale which is local to me is on next Saturday, so I think I'm definitely going to head to that and hopefully get some good deals like I did last time. Really quite excited, because you never know what you'll find. I just hope that I don't end up over spending as I'm trying to keep as much money as I can held back for the NG London meet later this year.

Hopefully I'll find a working version of at least one of the following consoles/systems:
NES, SNES, Mega Drive, N64, GameCube, ZX Spectrum

Little less keen to bother buying a Mega Drive now that I have a lot of the good games on Xbox 360 already.

Downside is that I could arrive there, wander around for an hour or so and return with nothing.

BBS Signature