Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 29th, 2011 @ 04:47 AM Reply

At 1/29/11 12:26 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: figured you guys might appreciate this

Haha. I've seen this in the past. "Could I bring you a pie later?"

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 29th, 2011 @ 07:00 AM Reply

At 1/28/11 11:54 PM, Makeshift wrote: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Speaking of Assassin's Creed, I finally got round to playing ACII and so far it's really good. I'm actually going as far as getting everything. ACI felt very repetitive and there was a huge lack of variety for side missions. The sequel is more like it and I wouldn't mind spending hours getting 100%. Hell, I've collected all the treasure in the first part of Florence.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jan. 29th, 2011 @ 12:18 PM Reply

At 1/29/11 12:26 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYjgHLFZM a0&feature=player_embedded#

figured you guys might appreciate this

I've seen this before. It's quite funny actually. For it being an official Nintendo video made just for employees, it's pretty embarassingly bad. How did they have it so that as soon as the guy turned on Super Mario Bros. 3, Mario was already at the flying pirate ship? Did they not know what a title screen was?

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 1st, 2011 @ 07:01 PM Reply

I don't want rumble packs in my controllers. I can't set my controller down on a table without hearing it while Assassin's Creed loads.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 2nd, 2011 @ 08:47 PM Reply

YES

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 5th, 2011 @ 10:54 PM Reply

Why is it that when people ask about popular users on the bbs, no one from general ever mentions Blaze-Heatnix, The-Great-One, or I? We seem pretty well-known on this board...Are we that foreign from the users of General?

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
Seventy7
Seventy7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 5th, 2011 @ 11:32 PM Reply

At 2/5/11 10:54 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Why is it that when people ask about popular users on the bbs, no one from general ever mentions Blaze-Heatnix, The-Great-One, or I? We seem pretty well-known on this board...Are we that foreign from the users of General?

From looking at your posts, maybe it's because nobody fucking likes you.

I'm an asswipe
I have a fetish for the number 7

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 6th, 2011 @ 12:35 AM Reply

At 2/5/11 11:32 PM, Seventy7 wrote:
From looking at your posts, maybe it's because nobody fucking likes you.

Nobody? What about The-Great-One?

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 6th, 2011 @ 05:49 AM Reply

At 2/5/11 10:54 PM, puddinN64 wrote: We seem pretty well-known on this board...Are we that foreign from the users of General?

The VG forums is obviously a lot smaller community compared to General. You start to recognise names quite easily here, assuming you frequent and pay attention to the people posting. I see quite a few 'big' names in VG that I very rarely come to contact with in General.

Anyway, I'm back to gaming quite often again, although it's rhythm games that have taken my interest. I went through a few weeks of exessivly playing Guitar Hero 3, and managing to beat it on Hard (something I couldn't do in the past) and only have a few songs left on Expert. The songs were all becoming repetitive though, so I decided it was time for a new game. I opted for Rock Band 3, because I know Oliver and Simon seem to get a lot of enjoyment from it. I'd been a great purchase and I can see it keeping me occupied for a long time, especially with all that potential DLC.

I'm also starting to notice that I've bought some games recently and neglected them. I bought Mass Effect 2, as I mentioned a few posts back, but got half way through and was distracted by another game and never went back to it. I played the campaigns in Left 4 Dead 2, finished them and never went back to it. Finally I seem to have stopped playing Bad Company 2 as well, which was the game that kept me occupied before I rekindled my love with rhythm games. I need to spend some time in the summer finishing a lot of these abandoned games.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 6th, 2011 @ 01:14 PM Reply

I was playing Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing when this showed up:

Saving....please to not touch or moless the power button

jk

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 11th, 2011 @ 05:53 AM Reply

Went back to playing COD4 for a bit today. Only 88 people left playing on Hardcore Team Death Match. I suppose it's not the best hour to be playing, but it's sad to see the numbers falling. It's definitely the best of the COD games as far as the multiplayer goes.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 19th, 2011 @ 08:52 AM Reply

Tried to get Mario Sports Mix yesterday at Wal-Mart, they were all sold out. Is it really that popular of a game? Wal-Mart stocks, like, 25 copies of any particular game...

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 02:24 AM Reply

I just saw some footage of Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and got to thinking about how I've never really given Fighter games a chance. Mortal Kombat always got boring to me, Street Fighter 2 got too difficult because I couldn't figure out how to use special attacks, and I can only assume everybody here would call Smash Bros. a party game and not a fighter.

Silly gooses.

I happen to own a PS3 and remember that I've never tried out Street Fighter 4 or Soul Calibur 4. If I were to purchase either of these, which would you reccomend? I would prefer a game that lets me change how easy the story mode is as I play it. It should come as no surprise that I'm a failure at fighting games. Why won't I get MVC3? Because other fighting games should be really cheap by now of course!

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

mutemaiden
mutemaiden
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 05:25 AM Reply

At 2/20/11 02:24 AM, Gustavos wrote: If I were to purchase either of these, which would you reccomend? I would prefer a game that lets me change how easy the story mode is as I play it.
Why won't I get MVC3? Because other fighting games should be really cheap by now of course!

I don't think that there's a fighting game that allows you to change the difficulty mid-play through. I would recommend getting Super Street Fighter 4(or just Street Fighter 4 if you want that one) over Soul Calibur 4. Personally I like how SSFIV is paced compared to SC4. I really liked the older battle mechanics in SC2 and SC3 but when I played SC4 it felt to me like I was playing Tekken and that I was stupid for not knowing how to do any combos. Btw, most of the characters in Street Fighter have Super specials that are usually two quarter circles forward or backwards then followed with a punch or a kick(or if you're using an Ultra special then it's followed by all three punches/kicks. I don't really think it's that hard. You should be more concerned with Zangief, Hakan, or T. Hawk's double full circle specials if you're THAT bad at fighting games....) Anyways, I'd recommend SSFIV.

I agree with not buying MvC3 just because of the price and that I'm pretty shocked from the battle system used in TvC... That ruined the game for me. Though MvC3 is obviously not TvC I've heard that the battle style is similar. Have I heard wrong? :O

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 04:04 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 05:25 AM, mutemaiden wrote:
I don't think that there's a fighting game that allows you to change the difficulty mid-play through.

Boy did I phrase that sentence incorrectly. What I was trying to ask is, do either of the games have difficulty settings at all? Maybe some practice modes? Just some method of "training" myself with different characters that doesn't involve me constantly walking into a CPU's Hadoukens and similar attacks for more than half the battle.

I also remember another fighting game on PS3, called Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. My friend brought it over, and I was doing half-decent in the story mode. I doubt I'd pay more than 20$ for that game though. Neither MK nor DC characters are of that much interest to me.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

mutemaiden
mutemaiden
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 04:52 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 04:04 PM, Gustavos wrote: Boy did I phrase that sentence incorrectly. What I was trying to ask is, do either of the games have difficulty settings at all? Maybe some practice modes? Just some method of "training" myself with different characters that doesn't involve me constantly walking into a CPU's Hadoukens and similar attacks for more than half the battle.
I also remember another fighting game on PS3, called Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. My friend brought it over, and I was doing half-decent in the story mode. I doubt I'd pay more than 20$ for that game though. Neither MK nor DC characters are of that much interest to me.

Ohhhh... Well then. SSFIV and SC4 both have a training/practice mode but SSFIV takes it a bit further and has a Trial Mode where it teaches you 24 useful combos for each character(3-5 of the trials are fundamentals i.e. Cannon Spike, Hadouken, Shoryuken, Sonic Boom, etc.). Also both SSFIV and SC4 have difficulty settings. I'm a little fuzzy on SC4 but I know that SSFIV has Very Easy, Easy, Medium, Hard, and Hardest.

I haven't really played MK vs DCU... It did interest me a while back but ever since Midway released information on the reboot of Mortal Kombat aka Mortal Kombat 9 I decided that I'm just gonna wait for that to come out. As for the price of MKvDCU, I've seen it around for $20 new at Best Buys and Gamestop but you could probably find a used one for cheaper.

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 05:39 PM Reply

Super Street Fighter 4 is the best fighting game on the market right now

Especially compared to Soul Calibur 4

hoangcungteen
hoangcungteen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 05:59 PM Reply

Anybody here remember Pokemon Snap?
:)

mutemaiden
mutemaiden
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 05:39 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Super Street Fighter 4 is the best fighting game on the market right now

Especially compared to Soul Calibur 4

I agree but you can never underestimate the popularity that the MvC series has been getting. Combine the Capcom lovers with the hundreds of thousands of comic book addicts and you'll get a community of players that is almost countless.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 3rd, 2011 @ 08:53 AM Reply

At 2/20/11 05:59 PM, hoangcungteen wrote: Anybody here remember Pokemon Snap?
)

FUCK YEAH! I FUCKING LOVE POKEMON SNAP! HELL YEAH!

I also have Hey You Pikachu! and I'm trying to find a copy of Pokemon Channel.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 15th, 2011 @ 08:52 PM Reply

I'm a little low on money ATM after getting Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and my friend is willing to give me either Luigi's Mansion or Mortal Kombat Deception & Deadly Alliance (ALL GAMECUBE GAMES) and either one is free and I'm not sure which one to pick. I'm a huge mario fan but love a gory MK game every so often.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 16th, 2011 @ 05:45 AM Reply

At 3/15/11 08:52 PM, tyler2513 wrote: my friend is willing to give me either Luigi's Mansion or Mortal Kombat Deception & Deadly Alliance

I would take Luigi's Mansion. I've never played it because I never had a GameCube, but seems like the most interesting of the titles.

Gaming still isn't getting much of my time any more, although there's only a few weeks left until the end of the semester for me and then I will basically have half a year with nothing to do, so I plan to take out some of my older consoles/systems and play through some of their games. I'm very much in the mood to play through the first two Crash Bandicoot games and the first Spyro game (which I no longer have) at some point.

Since the weather will be better in the summer (hopefully) I'll try and make an effort to go to some car boot sales again. I went a few years back and got some really good deals on a few old systems, but I was only there because my mum was selling some old stuff. I wasn't expecting to find so much old computer/console related things being sold at what I consider to be really cheap prices. I'd love to get my hands on a NES or SNES at some point and even a MegaDrive and N64 would be awesome.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 16th, 2011 @ 10:48 AM Reply

At 3/16/11 05:45 AM, Dean wrote:
At 3/15/11 08:52 PM, tyler2513 wrote: my friend is willing to give me either Luigi's Mansion or Mortal Kombat Deception & Deadly Alliance
I would take Luigi's Mansion. I've never played it because I never had a GameCube, but seems like the most interesting of the titles.

Gaming still isn't getting much of my time any more, although there's only a few weeks left until the end of the semester for me and then I will basically have half a year with nothing to do, so I plan to take out some of my older consoles/systems and play through some of their games. I'm very much in the mood to play through the first two Crash Bandicoot games and the first Spyro game (which I no longer have) at some point.

Since the weather will be better in the summer (hopefully) I'll try and make an effort to go to some car boot sales again. I went a few years back and got some really good deals on a few old systems, but I was only there because my mum was selling some old stuff. I wasn't expecting to find so much old computer/console related things being sold at what I consider to be really cheap prices. I'd love to get my hands on a NES or SNES at some point and even a MegaDrive and N64 would be awesome.

Same here. I really enjoy having the older consoles but some are to rare to find such as Sega Saturn. But I've always planned to have a single console per generation not including the first two video game generations as those are way to rare and/or not worth having. For third generation I have a NES and I very much enjoy playing it and would do almost anything for a SNES. For 4th Generation I either want a SNES or Sega Genisis they both have a good share of fame.

For 5th Generation I would enjoy either Nintendo 64 or Playstation as Sega Saturn doesn't have that many good games but N64 and PS1 seem really interesting. For 6th generation I have Gamecube so that settles that. Lastly for 7th Generation I have PS3 and Wii so I'm done for that to. Yeah Luigi's Mansion does look the best as far as I can tell as it seems to be very appealing to gamecube fans.

So the only questions for consoles I want left is SNES Vs Sega Genisis and Nintendo 64 Vs Playstation

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 16th, 2011 @ 12:23 PM Reply

I wasn't aware that the Saturn was considered kind of rare. I think it was the most recent 'old' console that I bought. I paid about £45 for the console, racing set (steering wheel and pedals), light gun and 10+ games. I paid more than I probably would have liked to, considering that the only game I have for that system which I really enjoy playing is Virtua Cop 2. The previous Virtua Cop is also good, but not as good in my opinion.

At 3/16/11 10:48 AM, tyler2513 wrote: So the only questions for consoles I want left is SNES Vs Sega Genisis and Nintendo 64 Vs Playstation

Those are basically all the consoles that I want too, with the exception of the PlayStation as I still have mine (my first console). If I had to pick just one of them, and think it would be the SNES, but it's a really hard decision for me to make as they all seem really awesome in their own right.

BBS Signature
iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 17th, 2011 @ 01:55 AM Reply

This has likely been covered before, but, who here plays WOW?

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 17th, 2011 @ 06:45 AM Reply

At 3/17/11 01:55 AM, iCurrie wrote: This has likely been covered before, but, who here plays WOW?

After hearing so many good things about it, I gave it a shot around 2 years back. It just didn't live up to my expectations. The majority of the quests all felt the same. Walk miles, get so many of this item and return to me or someone else even further away.

I think the game would have been more fun once I reached the higher levels, but unless you have a lot of time to dedicate to the game it felt like it was taking me far too long.

I would like to give the game another shot, but I'd hate to wait for it to download and install again (took about a day last time) and I'm not so much a fan of games with monthly fees.

BBS Signature
punchoutking
punchoutking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 17th, 2011 @ 08:54 AM Reply

my systems are, gba, ds, wii, and ps3 ( used to have an n64 but i got to get a new wire for it.)

the games i am in the middle of beating are castle crashers ( insane mode) and lbp2

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 17th, 2011 @ 01:09 PM Reply

It's typical. I get a four day weekend and my Xbox dies on me. Well, it's not totally dead yet, but it dies a few minutes after being switched on. This led to me going all old school and playing the PS1. Crash Bandicoot was fun until I got frustrated by it. I'll maybe go back to it a little later on.

It's situations like these that make me glad I've kept every system and almost every game that I've ever owned. There's no shortage of video games to play in my bedroom. I wonder what other classics I'll end up playing over the weekend.

Since my Xbox is one of the really old Core models I don't think I'll bother getting it repaired this time. I'll just get one of those new model at some point. I have no idea how long it will be though. Unless my parents are feeling generous enough to provide me with some financial support then it could be a pretty long time before I'm able to buy a new one.

BBS Signature
Henchman1028
Henchman1028
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 17th, 2011 @ 02:09 PM Reply

I think I am one of the only members here who has heard of and played the Densetsu No Stafy series. Only one of them has been released in America and Australia so far (5/The Legendary Starfy) since NoA were dumb and thought they were "Too Japanese" for Americans and Europeans (Which is a load of bullshit, trust me, I have played them, and there is barely any cultural stuff in the first 2 games, and even then they have localized worst *cough*MuscleMarch*cough* than 3 and 4), which is a shame because the other 4 games are much better than the one we got stuck with. They are a lot of fun, and the style really reminds me of Samurai Pizza Cats (With the late 90's comedy anime style, etc.) and is very cute.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Mar. 17th, 2011 @ 02:37 PM Reply

At 3/17/11 06:45 AM, Dean wrote: I would like to give the game another shot, but I'd hate to wait for it to download and install again (took about a day last time) and I'm not so much a fan of games with monthly fees.

Why I was put off with WoW wasn't the monthly fee since I was using my sister's account who plays the game on a regular basis, it was more to do with time consuming. I remember doing some quests that I had to finish and had a hard time just shutting the game off and come back later. I much prefer the quests in Oblivion since I can go back to them whenever I want. Well, beating all the quests again, that is.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut