New Topic Respond to this Topic
Pesticide
Pesticide
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-18 15:13:34 Reply

2010 LIST (short, will clearly increase as the year progresses and new titles get released)

Bioshock 2
Starcraft 2
Mass Effect 2
God of War 3
Assassins Creed 2 (PC)

If I ever get back into World of Warcraft again; then I guess I'll pick up Cataclysm, though it's unlikely I will. Diablo III obviously isn't being released in 2010, so the painful wait continues.

| PESTICIDE |

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-19 01:35:43 Reply

At 12/4/09 08:19 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Also, does anyone here know if I should get Resident Evil 4 on the Wii or Gamecube?

If you're going to get RE4, definitely go the Wii version. It looks a little nicer, and the Wii controls rock. I believe there are some other extras that are in the Wii version but not in the GC version as well.

And if you want the old-school (if it even counts) feeling of using the controller, that's an option if you just disconnect the nunchuk.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
ScorchedMoose
ScorchedMoose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-19 02:18:13 Reply

Consoles Owned: XBOX 360
Online Usernames: HonoredGoTitans (Soon to be changed)
Games I'm working on: Assassin's Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2's Multiplayer

sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-19 03:15:48 Reply

At 12/4/09 08:19 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Sushi13, you and I need to form a coalition of food and numbered usernames on the VG board.

I'm all for that. Do you know of anyone else who has a food+number username? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

At 11/7/09 06:36 PM, YeOldeSierra wrote: What do you think VIP Membership will do with Forza 3?

I have the VIP membership but I'm not sure what benefits we're supposed to get from it. I have been gifted 5 cars from Team 10 and they may be to do with the VIP membership.
I got an Audi R8 with a Nightmare design, a Mazda Laguna Seca safety car, a Lamborghini Murcielago with Halo Waypoint design and two R1 Acuras with the same specs, one white with various logos and the other black and green with Patron tequila logos.
Hopefully more of these sweet cars will be coming my way in the future.

wafflecake12
wafflecake12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-19 13:06:46 Reply

At 12/19/09 03:15 AM, sushi13 wrote: I'm all for that. Do you know of anyone else who has a food+number username? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Me.

Gamertag: Evilchicken43
"Screw those people, I have pancakes."
Sig by simon

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-19 13:41:01 Reply

The 2010 games I intend to get are:

Bioshock 2
Final Fantasy XIII
Mega Man 10

And Half-Life 2: Episode 3 assuming it comes out then.

At 12/19/09 01:35 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: If you're going to get RE4, definitely go the Wii version. It looks a little nicer, and the Wii controls rock. I believe there are some other extras that are in the Wii version but not in the GC version as well.

Definitely so, the GC version was the original one. I'm missing out on all the extra stuff for RE4 since I'm happy enough with the GC version I own. I should see what the additional content is like but it's a low priority on my list.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-19 13:58:07 Reply

At 12/19/09 01:41 PM, Bahamut wrote: Definitely so, the GC version was the original one. I'm missing out on all the extra stuff for RE4 since I'm happy enough with the GC version I own. I should see what the additional content is like but it's a low priority on my list.

You should really consider the Wii version. I own RE4 for both consoles, and there's no question that the Wii version is superior, it's one of the best video games I've ever played. Not so much with the Gamecube, though I could be biased since I never bothered playing all the way through with that version. The Wii controls just make it so much more of an enjoyable game, as well as extras from the PS2 version.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-19 21:19:40 Reply

Fun Fact: My video game collection can be stacked to my room's ceiling.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-19 21:28:33 Reply

At 12/19/09 09:19 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Fun Fact: My video game collection can be stacked to my room's ceiling.

Mine has to form 2 stacks. :D

KeroKeroMario
KeroKeroMario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-19 21:37:50 Reply

My 2010 list:
Halo Reach
Metroid: Other M
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (probably, it didn't interest me as much as the first one)
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Mass Effect 2 (heard a lot about it, probably going to check it out)
Metal Gear Solid: Rising
Final Fantasy XIII

sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-19 21:52:13 Reply

At 12/19/09 09:28 PM, Lagamuffin wrote:
At 12/19/09 09:19 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Fun Fact: My video game collection can be stacked to my room's ceiling.

If I lay all my Xbox 360 game cases on top of each other they would reach at least 4 feet. If I added all my Gamecube and Xbox cases as well it would be close to 8 feet. And that's not including all the large limited edition boxes I have or any of my PC, DS, N64, GBA or GameBoy games. My bedroom ceiling is around 12 feet high so I'm sure I could easily stack to the ceiling and halfway again if I used everything.

xscoot
xscoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-19 22:01:55 Reply

Only 2? I bought multiple Ikea storage savers to hold all my games.

My PSN ID is xscoot. Crazy, huh?

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-19 23:06:12 Reply

At 12/19/09 10:01 PM, xscoot wrote:

Let's have a contest. Whoever can get a picture on here with the best stack has the biggest penis. Ready....GO!

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-20 08:52:31 Reply

At 12/19/09 01:58 PM, Chumbawamba wrote: You should really consider the Wii version. I own RE4 for both consoles, and there's no question that the Wii version is superior, it's one of the best video games I've ever played. Not so much with the Gamecube, though I could be biased since I never bothered playing all the way through with that version. The Wii controls just make it so much more of an enjoyable game, as well as extras from the PS2 version.

Not to worry, I will get it someday but I'm just so fond of the GC version that I'm not all that bothered about missing out on extra features the other versions have for the time being. Kinda like how I only played the bonus levels for Tomb Raider 1 on PC just recently and I've been playing tahe game on the PS1 for a decade now.

Formerly Bahamut

sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-20 19:16:48 Reply

At 12/20/09 08:52 AM, Bahamut wrote: Kinda like how I only played the bonus levels for Tomb Raider 1 on PC just recently and I've been playing tahe game on the PS1 for a decade now.

How's that working out for ya?

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-20 19:22:42 Reply

At 12/20/09 07:16 PM, sushi13 wrote:
At 12/20/09 08:52 AM, Bahamut wrote: Kinda like how I only played the bonus levels for Tomb Raider 1 on PC just recently and I've been playing tahe game on the PS1 for a decade now.

I could have sworn I told you that I did play the Unfinished Business expansion pack but I did enjoy the levels. There wasn't much of a plot but they were just bonus levels for the hardcore fans. The best parts from the expansion were revisiting Egypt and the epic swan dive in Atlantean Stronghold. I still wish they were in Anniversary.

Formerly Bahamut

LulzCal
LulzCal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-20 19:27:59 Reply

Consoles Owned: Playstation 3, PC, and plenty of consoles before that.
Online User Names: LulzCal (PS3) MercyFire (Steam) MercyfireNG (LIVE-Used to have a 360)
Current Games Being Played: GTA IV, MW2, Borderlands, TF2, GMod, Minecraft, CS:S, various source mods, and plenty of others when I feel like it.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature
xscoot
xscoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-20 19:29:20 Reply

At 12/19/09 11:06 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 12/19/09 10:01 PM, xscoot wrote:
Let's have a contest. Whoever can get a picture on here with the best stack has the biggest penis. Ready....GO!

Alright, although do we have to stack it? My original black label copy of Ico is something I want to protect, not risk in a stack.

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-20 19:29:21 Reply

At 12/20/09 07:22 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/20/09 07:16 PM, sushi13 wrote:
I could have sworn I told you that I did play the Unfinished Business expansion pack but I did enjoy the levels. There wasn't much of a plot but they were just bonus levels for the hardcore fans. The best parts from the expansion were revisiting Egypt and the epic swan dive in Atlantean Stronghold. I still wish they were in Anniversary.

Yeah I vaguely remember you saying you had played them before. I played it years ago and all I really remember is the levels feeling really long and like you say, the story was almost nonexistent.
They really should have been in Anniversary though...

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-21 12:47:53 Reply

At 12/20/09 07:29 PM, sushi13 wrote: Yeah I vaguely remember you saying you had played them before. I played it years ago and all I really remember is the levels feeling really long and like you say, the story was almost nonexistent.
They really should have been in Anniversary though...

Yeah, I was just barely able to play Unfinished Business as I had to download the patch for it to run on Vista. As for Tomb Raider 2's expansion levels, that wouldn't even work for shit. Vista's lack of compatibility with certain older games is slowly becoming more and more of a problem as I tried to run the demo of Rayman Gold the other day but it refused to install the game. I guess it wouldn't be too bad if they were re-released to Steam and had all the bugs fixed but I just don't see that happening with these games at all.

Formerly Bahamut

Shnam
Shnam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-21 14:32:53 Reply

2010 wishlist

Halo: Reach
Mass Effect 2
Battlefield: BC2
Crackdown 2

I am sure more will be added to my list as the year goes by.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid
i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature
xscoot
xscoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-21 14:38:28 Reply

My new PC is arriving soon; it is capable of playing every videogame on Max or very high settings. I'd like you guys to make me some reccommendations, bonus points for free stuff.

BBS Signature
timesavectorquantity
timesavectorquantity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-21 15:00:48 Reply

2010 I want:
Bioshock 2
Mass effect 2

and..that's about it really, those are the only two I'm for sure getting no matter what.

xscoot
xscoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-22 10:09:05 Reply

My new computer arrived yesterday, but I can't use it until I back up the system restore onto DVD discs, and I don't have those yet. Quite annoying.

Anyway, I've been looking at Crysis on Steam, and apparently it uses SecuRom. Wit the activation limit, you get one back when you uninstall the game, correct? It's not limiting you to 5 uses, but to 5 consecutive uses, right?

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-22 12:35:28 Reply

At 12/22/09 10:09 AM, xscoot wrote: Anyway, I've been looking at Crysis on Steam, and apparently it uses SecuRom. Wit the activation limit, you get one back when you uninstall the game, correct? It's not limiting you to 5 uses, but to 5 consecutive uses, right?

I thought EA eased up on the use of SecuROM. I remember the backlash they had when they released Spore that contained SecuROM. Originally, it was limited to 3 different computers but they later raised it to 5 and now I'm hearing they're rewarding legitimate purchases with bonus stuff. If they're still going with SecuROM for some games, then I assume it's limited up to 5 uses altogether. I mean, why else would there have been such a huge fuss over Spore having SecuROM?

Formerly Bahamut

xscoot
xscoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-22 12:54:52 Reply

At 12/22/09 12:35 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/22/09 10:09 AM, xscoot wrote: Anyway, I've been looking at Crysis on Steam, and apparently it uses SecuRom. Wit the activation limit, you get one back when you uninstall the game, correct? It's not limiting you to 5 uses, but to 5 consecutive uses, right?
I thought EA eased up on the use of SecuROM. I remember the backlash they had when they released Spore that contained SecuROM. Originally, it was limited to 3 different computers but they later raised it to 5 and now I'm hearing they're rewarding legitimate purchases with bonus stuff. If they're still going with SecuROM for some games, then I assume it's limited up to 5 uses altogether. I mean, why else would there have been such a huge fuss over Spore having SecuROM?

I know they released a revoke tool for Warhead, and I'm told that it's just a typo for the original game. Still, I don't think it would matter to me; I have only one computer that would actually play this anway.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-22 23:30:10 Reply

At 12/20/09 07:29 PM, xscoot wrote:
Alright, although do we have to stack it? My original black label copy of Ico is something I want to protect, not risk in a stack.

Nah, I don't want you to have to harm your valuables. Any way you want to present it in it's entirety is fine by me.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
xscoot
xscoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-22 23:32:51 Reply

At 12/22/09 11:30 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 12/20/09 07:29 PM, xscoot wrote:
Nah, I don't want you to have to harm your valuables. Any way you want to present it in it's entirety is fine by me.

Excellent; I think I'll just take pictures as they are now, and move a few that are obscured or under something else.

I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them; expect a lot.

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-23 11:30:10 Reply

At 11/28/09 07:35 AM, knuxrouge wrote: So guys, what is on your 2010 list?

New Hitman
GT5
Killzone 3

That's it for now, can't think of much else. Also, for a reg thread it's bloody quiet in here.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Dobio
Dobio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-12-23 14:43:34 Reply

I'd almost think the gamerscore and trophy groups are more of a lounge than the lounge itself, haha.

I think for Christmas I'm looking to acquire Assassin's Creed 2 and Dragon Age.

I am also getting stoked to get MLB The Show 10.

Still a world famous superstar.