Be a Supporter!
TheWolfe
TheWolfe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
How To: Hldj For Tf2 Aug. 6th, 2009 @ 05:41 PM Reply

This is pretty random, but if any fellow TF2 players can help, I'd be very grateful.

I have been trying to use HLDJ, but with no success. I've downloaded the program, set up the TF2 profile, put 2 wav files into a folder that HLDJ recognizes, and have started HLDJ which then opens TF2. I go into a game and press the key (F1 for me) and it shows my mic as being "on", and so I assume the wav file is being played, but then my mic never switches off, it's as if I am holding down the voice key endlessly. When I actually press the voice key, the mic is switched off.

What am I doing wrong? Players say they don't hear anything from me.

RAWR.

BBS Signature
SkullsNSkate
SkullsNSkate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to How To: Hldj For Tf2 Aug. 6th, 2009 @ 06:55 PM Reply

Are you attempting to mic spam?
Anyways, it might be the server you are in. Sometimes they disable putting .wav files into the thing. You can always buy a mic and play music from an MP3, but that's just low quality.
But yeah, it's probably the server you're in. And don't try to in a pub.

I love Street Fighter. obviously.

BBS Signature
TheWolfe
TheWolfe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to How To: Hldj For Tf2 Aug. 7th, 2009 @ 12:56 PM Reply

At 8/6/09 06:55 PM, SkullsNSkate wrote: Are you attempting to mic spam?
Anyways, it might be the server you are in. Sometimes they disable putting .wav files into the thing. You can always buy a mic and play music from an MP3, but that's just low quality.
But yeah, it's probably the server you're in. And don't try to in a pub.

No, the guys in there have this thing where whenever their team wins, they play some funny .wav
No, it's not. Other people do it all the time, and I've tried it in other servers.
I already have a mic, and even if I tried to do something as low quality as play sounds through my mic, how could I? I'm in TF2, it's not like I can alt+tab, turn on itunes, come back, turn on my mic, laugh, alt tab, turn off itunes, etc etc etc

RAWR.

BBS Signature
Fleshlight
Fleshlight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to How To: Hldj For Tf2 Aug. 7th, 2009 @ 03:37 PM Reply

This isn't a tf2 issue, it's related to steam. Ask this on the steam forums. This forum is mainly for questions regarding Newgrounds, so not that many people will be able to help you out.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|