New Topic Respond to this Topic
Dagodevas
Dagodevas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Dean Needs Wisconsin Feb. 5th, 2004 @ 01:20 PM Reply

Dean told reporters today that if he lost the Wisconsin primary, then he would have to drop out of the race.

Nah-nah-NAH-NAH, Nah-nah-NAH-NAH, hey-hey-hey!

Goodbye!

Raptorman
Raptorman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Dean Needs Wisconsin Feb. 5th, 2004 @ 01:37 PM Reply

Watch this Saterday for Washinton State. Here the politics are left/anti-war/enviromentalist, in other words this is prime Dean territory. If he can't get a win here, he is dead. To bad, I was hoping he would hold out a bit longer before his inevitable meltdown.

Thanatopsis
Thanatopsis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Dean Needs Wisconsin Feb. 5th, 2004 @ 02:08 PM Reply

well dean isnt going to get to much further even if he does win because he hardly has enough money to make it through the primaries to begain with. he has i heard something like 5 million left as of last weekend.

bumcheekcity
bumcheekcity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Dean Needs Wisconsin Feb. 5th, 2004 @ 02:21 PM Reply

At 2/5/04 02:08 PM, theredgoatee wrote: well dean isnt going to get to much further even if he does win because he hardly has enough money to make it through the primaries to begain with. he has i heard something like 5 million left as of last weekend.

Is ther not state funding at all of people who get over 5% orr something?

TimScheff
TimScheff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Dean Needs Wisconsin Feb. 5th, 2004 @ 02:24 PM Reply

Speaking from Wisconsin, I don't think he has that great of a chance here. Yes, he did hold a september rally here in Madison that attracted about 5000 people, so I understand his optimism. The problem is, most of the really progressive democrats in Wisconsin don't really see him as that big of a liberal. Many have come out and supported Kucinich. Clark is probably the best off in wisconsin right now in terms of endorsements from the more mainstream party leaders (most notably the Lt. Gov. who is managing his campaign here) and is polling well in the more conservative areas of the state. Plus in Milwaukee, Sharpton is polling well with black voters, a significant Dem base here, and Edwards has a very active group of lawyers pushing for him. Kerry is also in fairly good shape because Wisconsin voters, with Roman Catholic being the biggest religion, tend to vote very heavily for Catholic politicians.

All in all I think the governor has quite a battle ahead. But the promary as a whole here looks to be bloody and active. I'm so happy we aren't doing it in April like in 2000.

Thanatopsis
Thanatopsis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Dean Needs Wisconsin Feb. 5th, 2004 @ 02:30 PM Reply

At 2/5/04 02:21 PM, bumcheekcity wrote:
At 2/5/04 02:08 PM, theredgoatee wrote: well dean isnt going to get to much further even if he does win because he hardly has enough money to make it through the primaries to begain with. he has i heard something like 5 million left as of last weekend.
Is ther not state funding at all of people who get over 5% orr something?

there is funding but its different you only get half of what you raise in adition to your own money is how i belive it works. but even with that he is only at 5 million because the funding is only a one time deal.

diazepim
diazepim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Dean Needs Wisconsin Feb. 5th, 2004 @ 06:19 PM Reply

Dean needs to go back to Vermont where he's from ...

His HHHHHHIIEEEEEEEEEEEYYAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW scared my cat.

And his 4 days of fame is over. Time to pick a winner for the primaries... not a loser.

He can take his homosexual marriages with him to Vermont... by the way... why limit marriages to people??? why not allow people marry Dogs and CAts... and horses and sheep??

Freak'n VERMONT... Freak'n LIberals... Freak'n DEMOCRAPS... We're not ready for United States of Freak Show (Like Puerto Rico) of America...

NEMESiSZ
NEMESiSZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Dean Needs Wisconsin Feb. 5th, 2004 @ 07:15 PM Reply

Hopefully Dean can still pull it off.

mentalis
mentalis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Dean Needs Wisconsin Feb. 6th, 2004 @ 11:30 AM Reply

His bid for the white house is like a boat with five holes and he only has one cork.

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Dean Needs Wisconsin Feb. 6th, 2004 @ 07:54 PM Reply

Wisconson Poll

Kerry 47
Dean 10

This doesn't look positive.

BBS Signature
bumcheekcity
bumcheekcity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Dean Needs Wisconsin Feb. 7th, 2004 @ 03:51 AM Reply

At 2/6/04 11:30 AM, mentalis wrote: His bid for the white house is like a boat with five holes and he only has one cork.

Strange, because he was always called the favourite over here.

RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Dean Needs Wisconsin Feb. 7th, 2004 @ 09:24 PM Reply

And remember everyone, that Dean opt'd out of the matching federal funds? Remember that?

But I haven't heard anything about his campaign floundering because of lack of money. He was way ahead of his democratic rivals in that race, last time I checked.

The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature