New Topic Respond to this Topic
Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-04-15 13:40:18 Reply

Decided to boot up N64 and SNES this weekend, damn I really had good time with Duke Nukem N64, Killer Instinct Gold, Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario Allstars, even played some Wolfenstein. Got to say it is a nice way to escape from games based on nothing than online multiplayer.

MEDIC!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-04-16 17:20:01 Reply

Lol. I decided to buy Pokemon Snap. Should come in the mail tomorrow.

I just remember my neighbour once borrowed this one from someone and I remember it was pretty fun to play. Not an amazing game, but it's a nice time killer. It was only 7 euros anyway.

At 4/7/12 10:38 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: I have:
3 NESeseses? what's the plural to NES?

I'd just write NES', but I'm not sure how you'd pronounce that :p

Why do you have 3 of them anyway? I have two N64's, but that's just because it came with a package of four games my girlfriend bought for me.

At 4/15/12 01:40 PM, Gremlin wrote: I really had good time with Duke Nukem N64

Not really one of my favourite N64 games (didn't like the censoring), but it's one that I'll probably replay someday.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-04-17 01:43:46 Reply

At 4/16/12 05:20 PM, Auz wrote:
At 4/15/12 01:40 PM, Gremlin wrote: I really had good time with Duke Nukem N64
Not really one of my favourite N64 games (didn't like the censoring), but it's one that I'll probably replay someday.

Yes the censoring does kinda suck, but that's pretty typical from Nintendo, well at least it seems like it used to be back in the days, Wolfenstein 3D is also censored for SNES, wasn't the original version full of Nazi symbols and pictures of Hitler? I barely remember, I was probably 5 years old when I watched at my big bro playing it. Kind of sucks that the disc got wrecked. So did our Doom... :'(

Might be just because I'm so focused on Wii, but there doesn't seem to be 18+ rated games in these days, well CoD games seem to be rated that way over here, but when I see game with that rate, I except some blood, guts and scary moments, not just few curse words and badly made drama.

"Scarface: the world is yours" and "Dead Rising Chop till you drop" are the best ones for people who just like to blow some heads off and cut some important body parts. Chainsaws FTW!

MEDIC!

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-04-17 11:10:04 Reply

Looking for one of the Quake games on N64, but probably won't get around to that for a long time since the passing of my beloved cat Playful. It would appear Tom Fulp is having similar troubles....

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-04-17 11:57:14 Reply

At 4/17/12 01:43 AM, Gremlin wrote:
At 4/16/12 05:20 PM, Auz wrote: Not really one of my favourite N64 games (didn't like the censoring), but it's one that I'll probably replay someday.
Yes the censoring does kinda suck, but that's pretty typical from Nintendo, well at least it seems like it used to be back in the days, Wolfenstein 3D is also censored for SNES, wasn't the original version full of Nazi symbols and pictures of Hitler? I barely remember, I was probably 5 years old when I watched at my big bro playing it. Kind of sucks that the disc got wrecked. So did our Doom... :'(

My neighbour had it on the PC and I'm pretty sure there were indeed lots of nazi symbols everywhere. Also, wasn't the final boss Hitler with two machine guns for arms?

Might be just because I'm so focused on Wii, but there doesn't seem to be 18+ rated games in these days, well CoD games seem to be rated that way over here, but when I see game with that rate, I except some blood, guts and scary moments, not just few curse words and badly made drama.

Well the Wii's main target audience is kids & families of course so I can see why they don't want a large 18+ library for it.

At 4/17/12 11:10 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Looking for one of the Quake games on N64, but probably won't get around to that for a long time since the passing of my beloved cat Playful. It would appear Tom Fulp is having similar troubles....

I've never had a pet so I can't really imagine how it feels, but I suppose it can be a real downer.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-04-17 16:36:46 Reply

So a Mario game and a Pikmin game have been confirmed for E3 2012. Who's excited?

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-04-18 23:29:26 Reply

At 4/17/12 04:36 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: So a Mario game and a Pikmin game have been confirmed for E3 2012. Who's excited?

Excited for the Mario game, but since i never really played the Pikmin games(which i regret), i wont be buying that

Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-04-19 00:17:02 Reply

At 4/17/12 04:36 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: So a Mario game and a Pikmin game have been confirmed for E3 2012. Who's excited?

Never played Pikmin, barely know what it is, but new Mario sounds good, though I never bough the SMG2, figured that my habit of one Mario per system is enough

MEDIC!

BBS Signature
rockereaper
rockereaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-04-19 08:19:57 Reply

wow! a new Mario game i´m exited for that, but a new Pikmin...nah

Metal Hell
The cold wind and the snow of this night, whips my heart of pure ice
My cold blood is running through my veins, but my soul burns like an everlasting flame

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-04-19 16:48:15 Reply

Do you guys have any rare games? I've been looking through some of the rarest/most valuable games I appear to have. One I know definetly is Fire and Ice for NES, an amazing game that if someone is willing to pay at least $70 for I will gladly give them it. I've been looking up values of many of my games and I was sure that Vindicators would at least be worth $15 but it turns out it's barely worth $5.

I don't have a very expanded N64 library but I do own Super Smash Brothers which apparently can be as valuable as $40 which honestly really surprised me because my local flea market has it on sale for $20 and many times they overestimate the value of games. I have several Gamecube games that are very common but could be worth some real money according to Google including: Pikmin 2, The Wind Waker, Path Of Radiance, Room Zoom and possibly a few others.

Since with Wii games I've been trying to collect a more masterful library than a large one I don't really have any worthy games although apparently Mario Sports Mix can go for a bit. As for handhelds my most valuables are Kid Dracula, which apparently is worth $40 which I would never pay for as I found my Kid Dracula at a garage sale with a box of other handheld games for only $15. Pokemon Crystal is still apparently quite valuable as well. Other valuable handheld games I have that aren't necessarily rare include: Pokemon Emerald, Dragonball Z Buu's Fury and DBZ Transformation 2 in 1 pack, Black Belt challange and Scrabble DS game which is said to be worthy of $35 which I consider a load of rubbish.

Do any of you have any rare or valuable games? It seems I uncovered many games I under estimated the price on but none that were necessarily collectibles other than my most valuable game: Fire and Ice.

BBS Signature
sonicflare8
sonicflare8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-04-21 23:16:12 Reply

At 4/19/12 04:48 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Do you guys have any rare games?

I got Metroid Prime trilogy for Wii for free (techinically through a buy one get one free alongside Portal 2) which is rare, mostly for it's special casing and art book. The best value I've ever gotten for a game.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-04-22 12:54:33 Reply

At 4/21/12 11:16 PM, sonicflare8 wrote:
I got Metroid Prime trilogy for Wii for free (techinically through a buy one get one free alongside Portal 2) which is rare, mostly for it's special casing and art book. The best value I've ever gotten for a game.

I wanted to find this game but I found out even now a bargain deal for it is $60 plus I already have two Metroid Prime games and the other is only a handful of dollars to I decide I just might as well get the other game rather than the whole pack, although I am very interested in this game and would pay quite a bit in order for it. Perhaps depending on how much you value this game we could propose a trade?

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-04-24 20:18:59 Reply

At 4/22/12 12:54 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 4/21/12 11:16 PM, sonicflare8 wrote:
At 4/19/12 04:48 PM, tyler2513 wrote:

I wanted to find this game but I found out even now a bargain deal for it is $60 plus I already have two Metroid Prime games and the other is only a handful of dollars to I decide I just might as well get the other game rather than the whole pack,

I'd go with the single game, you'd just be paying 40 dollars for no reason.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-04-30 12:09:49 Reply

I think the most valuable one I have is Conkers Bad Fur Day for the N64. Along with Paper Mario it is about the most valuable N64 game nowadays if I'm not mistaken. I bought it for 40 euros, but I've seen it on eBay-like websites for 50 euros and up so I consider it a good deal. Too bad I only have the cartridge and not box and booklet. That would've really made it a collectors item.

BBS Signature
rockereaper
rockereaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-04-30 13:29:56 Reply

I have "The Legend Of Zelda: Collector´s Edition"

Metal Hell
The cold wind and the snow of this night, whips my heart of pure ice
My cold blood is running through my veins, but my soul burns like an everlasting flame

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-05-05 07:34:54 Reply

Hm. I'm not sure if Pokemon Emerald is considered rare, but I had a hard time finding this cartridge. Totally worth the effort, I really enjoyed it. Also, the cartridge looks very tasty

Best part is - it's not fake. I've dealt with many Sapphire and Ruby fake copies. The translation on those is horrible.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-05-05 10:53:31 Reply

At 5/5/12 07:34 AM, MrSaint wrote:
Hm. I'm not sure if Pokemon Emerald is considered rare, but I had a hard time finding this cartridge. Totally worth the effort, I really enjoyed it. Also, the cartridge looks very tasty

Best part is - it's not fake. I've dealt with many Sapphire and Ruby fake copies. The translation on those is horrible.

Where I live it's not rare at all. GameStop always has a copy of the game and if not that, then usually Pokemon Yellow or Pokemon Crystal. I've been playing both Red Steel games again, I beat the first and I'm about halfway through the second, and that's just after not even a week of gaming. I forgot how fun Red Steel 2 was.

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-05-05 13:21:29 Reply

Just wanted to pop in and say Donkey Kong Country has the greatest final boss ever.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-05-20 12:07:11 Reply

Considering finally redeeming my star points and ordering something from Club Nintendo. I only have 2400 and the best thing I can get is probably the Animal Crossing soundtrack, which is of no significance to me but I might either sell it on eBay or just keep it sealed as a collectors piece. I had a quick listen to some of the songs and they're not really my thing. Some of them are annoying as fuck.

I could only find one person on eBay selling this CD. He wants £20 or best offer for it and has already sold one. Sadly it doesn't tell you how much it was sold for.

I was thinking of saving up more points, but I don't buy new Nintendo games. I don't personally have any current Nintendo systems, so I wont be getting more points any time soon.

I did read somewhere that it can, and probably will, take 8 weeks for orders to be delivered in the UK. Seems like one hell of a wait. Any experiences with Club Nintendo?

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-05-20 12:33:19 Reply

I GOT A SOOPAH NIN10DOH!!

I purchased both Mortal Kombat and Super Mario World because one has intense 16-bit violence and the other is the first game I ever played and brings a smile to my face every time I hear that music.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-05-20 12:38:33 Reply

At 5/20/12 12:33 PM, tyler2513 wrote: I GOT A SOOPAH NIN10DOH!!

Nice. I've always wanted one of them but they're a tad expensive to collect for over here. The only Nintendo consoles that I own, excluding handhelds, are the N64 and more recently the GameCube.

Still trying to get some of the better games for the Gamecube but again it's an expensive console to collect for. Star Fox Adventures came in the mail a few days back. Not had a chance to play it yet though. Also waiting for Metroid Prime to arrive although according to eBay it hasn't been dispatched yet.

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-05-20 19:38:07 Reply

Mario Tennis Open comes out today, whos getting it?

I DID!
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-05-21 11:09:08 Reply

At 5/20/12 12:38 PM, Dean wrote:
At 5/20/12 12:33 PM, tyler2513 wrote: I GOT A SOOPAH NIN10DOH!!
Nice. I've always wanted one of them but they're a tad expensive to collect for over here. The only Nintendo consoles that I own, excluding handhelds, are the N64 and more recently the GameCube.

Still trying to get some of the better games for the Gamecube but again it's an expensive console to collect for. Star Fox Adventures came in the mail a few days back. Not had a chance to play it yet though. Also waiting for Metroid Prime to arrive although according to eBay it hasn't been dispatched yet.

Oh nice, I'd say one of my best libraries would be the Gamecube but even I am missing some true classics like The Twin Snakes and unfortunately The Wind Waker because my copy broke because of my brother.

I've been kicking some ass on Super Mario World but unfortunately Mortal Kombat is hard as shit and I'll have to really get used to these fatalities. Super Mario World, best game ever as well as the first game I ever played!!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-05-22 13:44:44 Reply

At 5/21/12 11:09 AM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 5/20/12 12:38 PM, Dean wrote: Still trying to get some of the better games for the Gamecube but again it's an expensive console to collect for. Star Fox Adventures came in the mail a few days back. Not had a chance to play it yet though. Also waiting for Metroid Prime to arrive although according to eBay it hasn't been dispatched yet.
Oh nice, I'd say one of my best libraries would be the Gamecube but even I am missing some true classics like The Twin Snakes and unfortunately The Wind Waker because my copy broke because of my brother.

I feel like I've missed out on many good games then, because I've always thought the Gamecube had one of the weaker libraries.

One game I'd still really love to play sometime is Tales of Symphonia. Too bad it's so expensive nowadays though.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-05-22 22:09:41 Reply

At 5/22/12 01:44 PM, Auz wrote:
At 5/21/12 11:09 AM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 5/20/12 12:38 PM, Dean wrote: Still trying to get some of the better games for the Gamecube but again it's an expensive console to collect for. Star Fox Adventures came in the mail a few days back. Not had a chance to play it yet though. Also waiting for Metroid Prime to arrive although according to eBay it hasn't been dispatched yet.
I feel like I've missed out on many good games then, because I've always thought the Gamecube had one of the weaker libraries.

One game I'd still really love to play sometime is Tales of Symphonia. Too bad it's so expensive nowadays though.

No but it definitively has one of the smaller libraries, in fact I think it has the smallest library out of any Nintendo console. Tales Of Symphonia and Killer7 are two great apparent masterful Gamecube games that I have never owned nor even got the chance to play. The two look very amusing and I wonder whether they would be satisfying for me.

For the first few levels of Super Mario World in Yoshi's Island I had to really get the hang of using four buttons since I'm so adapted to the NES. After getting the hang I cruised through Iggy Koopa's castle no problem and defeated him without taking a single hit. At the Donut Ghost House I had numerous epic but entertaining failures before finding out you only went through the top door a number of times before the platinum door was the exit. I am now in Donut Plains 4 and it's been a really fun, enjoyable game and the SNES music has easily won my heart.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-05-23 19:48:21 Reply

Beat Metroid Prime for the first time. I got it in the Wii Trilogy, which gave me the chance to try and beat Corruption, which I find too difficult when I played it a few years ago (I was a wimp).

I'm going to see the Zelda Symphony concert in Montreal next week, really excited.

I really want that new Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion at E3 this year.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-05-24 21:11:33 Reply

Feeling so happy with my Super Nintendo I invited a friend over to play it and we had lots of fun with Super Mario World but he didn't really seem to like the grey censored blood in Mortal Kombat though haha. I'll look for the critically acclaimed Mortal Kombat II next time I'm at the flea market. In the mean time I'd like to list my Nintendo systems collection, quantity of library on a scale of 1-10 and name my favorite game for the system:

Nintendo Entertainment System
Library Size: 7
Favorite Game: Crystalis or Super Mario Bros 3

Super Nintendo
Library Size: 1
Favorite Game: Super Mario World

Nintendo 64
Library Size: 3
Favorite Game: Super Mario 64

GameCube
Library Size: 8
Favorite Game: Super Mario Sunshine

Wii
Library Size: 7
Favorite Game: Super Smash Bros Brawl

Gameboy
Library Size: 6
Favorite Game: Tetris

Gameboy Color
Library Size: 3
Favorite Game: Pokemon Crystal

Gameboy Advance
Library Size: 8
Favorite Game: The Minish Cap

Nintendo DS
Library Size: 2
Favorite Game: Spirit Tracks

Nintendo 3DS
Library Size: 1
Favorite Game: Super Mario 3D Land

REAL proud of my collection now that I got a SNES!

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-05-25 04:42:59 Reply

Hah, Tyler, you seem to own all of the Nintendo consoles. I envy you, in a good way. I am lucky enough to own all of the handheld branch, excluding the first Game Boy and the 3DS. Add the NES and the Wii to this, and my collection seems pretty solid as well.

Game Boy Color was my first handheld console, it came with Tetris. Immediately with it my Dad bought me Pokemon Gold. That was so fucking awesome. I think that Gold is the pinnacle of the Pokemon series, since then it hasn't felt the same... Not that I am dissing the following Pokemon games, I really enjoyed them.

What else can I say? I've always carried my trusty Nintendo handheld, wherever I went and it has brought me an enormous amount of fun.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-05-26 10:46:12 Reply

Really hoping I can find a NES or SNES tomorrow when I'm out hunting but I'm not going to get my hopes up because finding those consoles in the wild here in near impossible. Same for anything that is pre-PS2 era really.

At 5/25/12 04:42 AM, MrSaint wrote: I think that Gold is the pinnacle of the Pokemon series, since then it hasn't felt the same

I'll agree with you there. I had Pokemon Yellow which was awesome and then Silver/Gold/Crystal came along and they felt so much better. I got Sapphire and Ruby but I just didn't enjoy them as much as Silver. After that I just sort of stopped buying Pokemon games.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-05-28 15:20:04 Reply

At 5/26/12 10:46 AM, Dean wrote:
At 5/25/12 04:42 AM, MrSaint wrote: I think that Gold is the pinnacle of the Pokemon series, since then it hasn't felt the same
I'll agree with you there. I had Pokemon Yellow which was awesome and then Silver/Gold/Crystal came along and they felt so much better. I got Sapphire and Ruby but I just didn't enjoy them as much as Silver. After that I just sort of stopped buying Pokemon games.

Frankly I used to think that way too, but now Platinum is actually my favourite Pokemon game. I think that is a really good version with lots of cool new features and I like that there is a lot of gameplay even after the Pokemon League. I got 130 hours on it and I have to say that I still don't feel like putting it aside entirely.

I'm not sure why I really prefer it over Silver nowadays though. Maybe the second gen is getting a bit outdated too...

BBS Signature