tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 05:47 PM Reply

GOOD NEWS
Recently, I've been making a ton of cash off of this fool who is constantly betting me over the STUPIDEST things. I have been trying to sell alot of my games in order for some more money but this kid is making things way to easy for me. First of all he bets me 20 dollars that he has a Sega Dreamcast and ends up showing me a Playstation. So I take the 20 dollars laughing my ass off on the way out the door realising how foolish this kid is.

At first, I didn't really want to use this kids money even though both his parents are semi-rich. Anyways, we start chilling after school and suddenly he bets me $50 that he has Metroid Prime 2 for Wii and ends up showing me The Conduit 2! How could this kid possibly mix that up?! So after awhile I end up thinking that he's just playing foolish really secretly wanting to just give me money so I tell them I don't need the money when he bets me another $20 that he has The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker on Playstation 2. He shows me Soul Calibur II and I instantly take the money from him. The PS2 version doesn't even have LINK so how could he POSSIBLY be this foolish?! I immediately offer him his money back thinking he's just playing nice but he continues to claim that he does have a Sega Dreamcast and just can't find it. After absolutely refusing to take his money back I just left the house laughing my ass off for his extremely foolish mistakes.

I now have $90 dollars and I can hold off a little longer on selling my video games. I can't help but feel a little guilty for basically pocketing almost a hundred dollars from a kid two years older than me. But his parents are both semi-rich, he absolutely refused the money back and as far as I can tell he doesn't have any disabilities or problems. So, once my local flea market opens back up again, I'm going on a gaming spree.

BBS Signature
Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 5 hours ago, tyler2513 wrote: GOOD NEWS
Recently, I've been making a ton of cash off of this fool who is constantly betting me over the STUPIDEST things.
At first, I didn't really want to use this kids money even though both his parents are semi-rich. Anyways, we start chilling after school and suddenly he bets me $50 that he has Metroid Prime 2 for Wii and ends up showing me The Conduit 2!How could this kid possibly mix that up?!

I bet he's on drugs. lol You say he's fine and has no disabilities but if he gets those two games confused....come on.

Good job btw. lol

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.
Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Feb. 20th, 2012 @ 09:38 AM Reply

At 10 hours ago, Seamonky wrote:
At 5 hours ago, tyler2513 wrote: GOOD NEWS
Recently, I've been making a ton of cash off of this fool who is constantly betting me over the STUPIDEST things.
At first, I didn't really want to use this kids money even though both his parents are semi-rich. Anyways, we start chilling after school and suddenly he bets me $50 that he has Metroid Prime 2 for Wii and ends up showing me The Conduit 2!How could this kid possibly mix that up?!
I bet he's on drugs. lol You say he's fine and has no disabilities but if he gets those two games confused....come on.

Good job btw. lol

Thanks I think I've really hit the jackpot on this one! It's just so pathetic how he actually thought a Dreamcast was a PS1!! Anyways now that I've got $90 (and that's just money off of this kid) I'm planning on going out and buying Dr. Mario 64 so I can temporarily swap it with ZJ for Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Feb. 25th, 2012 @ 09:40 AM Reply

I've finally beaten Banjo Tooie (the main story at least).

I have to say while the final boss battle is nice and challenging, the ending is pretty lame in my opinion. I've seldom seen a game where the makers were this lazy with the ending. All you get is two short scenes. Not even some more credits or new multiplayer characters or cheats or other unlocks.

But oh well. I'll go for 100% now. See if that gets me anything.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
rockereaper
rockereaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to The Nintendo Club Feb. 25th, 2012 @ 02:13 PM Reply

At 5 days ago, tyler2513 wrote: GOOD NEWS

What the...? How anyone can confuse the Sega Dreamcast with a Playstation?
Or confuse Metroid Prime 2 with The Conduit 2? the title of the game is on the cover!!
OMFG! I just can´t believe it. Dude, you were lucky

Metal Hell
The cold wind and the snow of this night, whips my heart of pure ice
My cold blood is running through my veins, but my soul burns like an everlasting flame

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Feb. 27th, 2012 @ 05:10 PM Reply

At 2 days ago, Auz wrote: I've finally beaten Banjo Tooie (the main story at least).

I have to say while the final boss battle is nice and challenging, the ending is pretty lame in my opinion. I've seldom seen a game where the makers were this lazy with the ending. All you get is two short scenes. Not even some more credits or new multiplayer characters or cheats or other unlocks.

But oh well. I'll go for 100% now. See if that gets me anything.

The Banjo-Kazooie series is definetly one that really reminds me how good water looks in video games. I know this is a random point but just think about it. Nintendo has always excelled with just making water look so nice on all consoles. For NES that was bright and nicely done for Super Mario Bros 3, and the underwater levels in Super Mario World were VERY enjoyable. Even for N64 Banjo-Kazooie as well as Banjo-Tooie just does an amazing job with the wavy water and that element beautifully returns in Super Mario Sunshine for the Gamecube. I remember being 7 years old looking at the water in Super Mario Sunshine when I first got it. That just blew me away. Even now in Super Mario Galaxy the water is more incredible than ever.

Also speaking of Rare games (not uncommon games the developer's games) I've been playing a lot of Snake Rattle 'n Roll and no matter how unappealing it sort of seems to me I can't get enough of it. It's just a group game and you can really see a lot of Rare's roots beginning to show with this game.

BBS Signature
TerminalMontage
TerminalMontage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Feb. 29th, 2012 @ 04:00 PM Reply

Hey guys hey guys! Can I join your club?

I make Nintendo comics! (sig below)

So. How's everyone doing this fine day?

BBS Signature
rockereaper
rockereaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to The Nintendo Club Feb. 29th, 2012 @ 04:14 PM Reply

At 10 minutes ago, TerminalMontage wrote: Hey guys hey guys! Can I join your club?

Hey what´s up dude?

I saw all your comics and my favorite is Weakest Link, it´s very funny

Metal Hell
The cold wind and the snow of this night, whips my heart of pure ice
My cold blood is running through my veins, but my soul burns like an everlasting flame

BBS Signature
TerminalMontage
TerminalMontage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Feb. 29th, 2012 @ 04:37 PM Reply

At 22 minutes ago, rockereaper wrote:
At 10 minutes ago, TerminalMontage wrote: Hey guys hey guys! Can I join your club?

Hey whatÃ'´s up dude?

I saw all your comics and my favorite is Weakest Link, itÃ'´s very funny

Hey thanks :D

And not much is up. Working on animating more, I might be able to squeeze another NoPUNintendo out later though. I'll probably end up animating them down the road too :D

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Feb. 29th, 2012 @ 06:11 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, TerminalMontage wrote: Hey guys hey guys! Can I join your club?

You have some funny stuff. My favourite is http://nopunintendo.smackjeeves.com/comics/1228807/i-dont-kn ow/ especially when "something" happens.

1-800-CockJoke
1-800-CockJoke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club Feb. 29th, 2012 @ 07:00 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, TerminalMontage wrote:

Some of these are brilliant and some of these are retarded. I love them all, though. Please continue to make more.

here's my current favorite

The Nintendo Club

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Feb. 29th, 2012 @ 08:56 PM Reply

At 4 hours ago, TerminalMontage wrote: Hey guys hey guys! Can I join your club?

Not to bad, by the way the Gold-In-Eye one I found to be quite hilarious with Dr. Mario stating it's very RARE. Nice stuff really funny! Stop it Luigi, you know I bruise like a Peach.

Also, me and a couple chaps of mine had a Nintendo auction today! It was actually really fun a few of us brought some very nice items in to bid with eachother. There were eight of us and I personally had a load of fun, but that might have been because I was one of the few there with larger quantities of money. I placed MadWorld while others placed: japanese import of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Animal Crossing (GC), Resident Evil Zero, Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (SNES) and this one guy placed F-Zero for the SNES. MadWorld went for 14 dollars but despite the fact that I got it for just under $20 that's not to bad. I don't remember what the SNES games went for but I wish somebody had brought an actual Super Nintendo along that I surely would have outbid everyone for.

I bid on both Resident Evil Zero and the japanese import of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle since I had neither of these games for my Gamecube. I went up to $25 dollars on SA2: Battle until the bid ended with a winner at 50 bucks. I got Resident Evil Zero for 12 dollars which I think is a huge bargain since I ended up gaining 2 dollars after all that lol. Anyways while the controls are a pain in the ass with RE: Zero it's still a great game in excellent condition and I hope we all get to do it again sometime in the future this auction was loads of fun, I know I'll definetly be going to more.

BBS Signature
1-800-CockJoke
1-800-CockJoke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club Mar. 1st, 2012 @ 01:25 PM Reply

At 8/17/09 10:03 PM, Glides wrote:
At 8/12/09 03:23 PM, EpicFail wrote: You're all in, thanks guys.
Um, sorry for sounding stupid, but can I join, cuz this sounds like a great club.

Only if you can tell me what your favorite Nintendo game is and why.

BBS Signature
Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:24 PM Reply

Just had to bump this thread, all though I've got nothing to discuss about, well, anyone have heard any rumors about the price of the Wii U, I constantly see talk about 200$ - 500$.

Only price in euros I've seen was about 400â'¬, that seems bit too much since i heard that Nintendo is trying to make sure that it will not cost too huge amounts of money.

I regret nothing! I didn't steal this signature, I just took it without permission and modified it :3

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:56 PM Reply

Oh, I finished playing Earthbound yesterday.

This game is going straight into my favourite games of all time. I really, really enjoyed it and recommend it to everyone who hasn't played it yet.

At 3 weeks ago, TerminalMontage wrote: Hey guys hey guys! Can I join your club?

I'm liking them as well. You should submit some more of them to the Art Portal. I also like the idea of animating them :)

At 2 hours ago, Gremlin wrote: Just had to bump this thread, all though I've got nothing to discuss about, well, anyone have heard any rumors about the price of the Wii U, I constantly see talk about 200$ - 500$.

Only price in euros I've seen was about 400â'¬, that seems bit too much since i heard that Nintendo is trying to make sure that it will not cost too huge amounts of money.

I heard something $300 max, but that might have been pure speculation.

$500 seems outrageous to me.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:17 PM Reply

At 4 hours ago, Auz wrote:

Definetly. I'm only going for as many as $300 maximum, any more and there'd have to be a pretty tough looking library to convince me otherwise. Besides, I'm low on cash right now, I have more pounds over here than I do dollars.

BBS Signature
Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 01:35 AM Reply

At 7 hours ago, Auz wrote:

So does 400â'¬ for me. I saw someone posting some of this info in another forum, saying that Nintendo won't make it support Bluerays, DVDs or stuff like that, it will only focus on the games so since there is no extra stuff the price can be kept around the same as Wii's. I think that it will be around 200â'¬ and 300â'¬ and maybe 300$, that has been the strongest guess of several people.

Nintendo is most likely trying to put Sony and Microsoft in their knees, HD console with far more powerful parts and graphics that is actually cheaper. But I bet that Microsoft won't lose any of their fans, Sony might, what I've seen in gaming forums, PS3 owners aren't holding all that much aggression to Wii as Xbox 360.

I regret nothing! I didn't steal this signature, I just took it without permission and modified it :3

BBS Signature
Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 01:37 AM Reply

At 59 seconds ago, Gremlin wrote:

Oh, the site doesn't support the Euro symbol anymore, eh?

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 04:06 PM Reply

At 3/23/12 10:17 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 4 hours ago, Auz wrote:

Definetly. I'm only going for as many as $300 maximum, any more and there'd have to be a pretty tough looking library to convince me otherwise. Besides, I'm low on cash right now, I have more pounds over here than I do dollars.

If that's the starting price I think I'll just wait for a price drop. Chances are the same thing will happen as with the 3DS last year.

At 3/24/12 01:35 AM, Gremlin wrote:
At 7 hours ago, Auz wrote: I heard something $300 max, but that might have been pure speculation.

So does 400â'¬ for me. I saw someone posting some of this info in another forum, saying that Nintendo won't make it support Bluerays, DVDs or stuff like that, it will only focus on the games so since there is no extra stuff the price can be kept around the same as Wii's. I think that it will be around 200â'¬ and 300â'¬ and maybe 300$, that has been the strongest guess of several people.

Good. I don't need that stuff anyway.

At 3/24/12 01:37 AM, Gremlin wrote:
At 59 seconds ago, Gremlin wrote:
Oh, the site doesn't support the Euro symbol anymore, eh?

As far as I know it never did. Always annoyed me.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 05:02 PM Reply

At 3/23/12 05:49 PM, Austerity wrote: If you grew up with ___ as your first console:

NES - You deserve respect

SNES - Deserve respect, but not as much as someone who grew up with an NES first

N64 - bleh

Gamecube - You know nothing

Wii - I laugh and spit in the general direction of your face

The fact that someone was born in the eighties and had played games made by other people (and most likely purchased by their parents) warrants respect? Wow, that's a new one.

NES games are just as flawed as the shovel ware we get today. Technically limited games that are/were amde to cash in on the revitalization of a popular market. The way I see it, the NES and Wii are the same system. When the NES came out, it was amazing because you it could handle multiple screens in the same level. The introduced motion controls. It was new and exciting.

Also, when you're a kid, you can't really expect me to believe you could understand the difference between a AAA title and a shovel ware title, when anything that moved on a T.V screen was awesome.

On the case of the Wii U price, it wouldn't be equal to what the 3DS was at launch. 300 to 350$ seems good to me.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 10:07 AM Reply

At 3/23/12 05:56 PM, Auz wrote: Oh, I finished playing Earthbound yesterday.

This game is going straight into my favourite games of all time. I really, really enjoyed it and recommend it to everyone who hasn't played it yet.

Sweet. That game really is awesome. Though to be honest it takes a while to complete. Especially when you can't dedicate enough time to it.

While you still hitting up the SNES library - check out Live A Live. This game is pure gold. Also an RPG, but with a twist

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 10:30 AM Reply

At 3/26/12 10:07 AM, MrSaint wrote:
At 3/23/12 05:56 PM, Auz wrote: Oh, I finished playing Earthbound yesterday.

Sweet. That game really is awesome. Though to be honest it takes a while to complete. Especially when you can't dedicate enough time to it.

Yeah I was pretty surprised with the length of the game. There's no game timer in it so I'm not sure how many hours I've spend on it, but I'm sure it's a lot. Especially for a SNES game. It's mainly from the beginning up until Fourside that takes up a lot of the games' time.

Anyway, I didn't mind though. Again, I really enjoyed the game so I was glad it wasn't over quickly.

While you still hitting up the SNES library - check out Live A Live. This game is pure gold. Also an RPG, but with a twist

Alright, I'll see if I can dig that up from somewhere.

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 03:53 AM Reply

Augh, i keep forgetting this club is here. I really ought to be posting here more often.
Quick question, does anyone know if an exact date for the WiiU has been set yet? Last i heard, they said something about it coming out towards the end of the year, but i havent checked out anything about it recently

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 06:52 AM Reply

At 3/31/12 03:53 AM, Lionelion wrote: Augh, i keep forgetting this club is here. I really ought to be posting here more often.
Quick question, does anyone know if an exact date for the WiiU has been set yet? Last i heard, they said something about it coming out towards the end of the year, but i havent checked out anything about it recently

Around June is what I've read, but that might have only been the initial target date. From several other sources I also heard that it was probably going to be towards the end of the year.

My bet would be just before the Christmas holidays.

BBS Signature
1-800-CockJoke
1-800-CockJoke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 06:14 PM Reply

Reposting this to reach a wider audience. Deal with it. B)

Ever wanted to see what it would look like to travel from L.A. to New York in 8-bit? How about searching for the Egyptian pyramids in NES graphics? Well now you can!

Check it out here.

The Nintendo Club

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 06:25 PM Reply

I'd like to advertise a game I often talk about.

9 persons, 9 hours, 9 doors is an awesome game.

It's a visual novel for the DS, where 9 people are stuck on a boat that will sink in 9 hours, and all have bombs in their intestines that will blow up if they break the rules of a game set up by Zero, a masked figure who kidnapped them and put them on the boat.

It has 6 endings, escape the room sequences, and some of the best writing in modern gaming. I highly recommend it.

The sequel, Virtue's last Reward come out for 3DS and Vita this year. http://www.destructoid.com/virtue-s-last-reward-gets-box-art -potential-release-date-224729.phtml

Joey1307
Joey1307
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 04:21 PM Reply

Hi Nintendo Players! as we ALL know, Nintendo is just ace, dont you agree?

The Nintendo Club

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:15 AM Reply

At 3/31/12 06:14 PM, 1-800-CockJoke wrote:
Reposting this to reach a wider audience. Deal with it. B)
Ever wanted to see what it would look like to travel from L.A. to New York in 8-bit? How about searching for the Egyptian pyramids in NES graphics? Well now you can!

Check it out here.

Im just curious if they plan to make money off of this, i mean, not very many people have an NES nowadays....

1-800-CockJoke
1-800-CockJoke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club Apr. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:56 PM Reply

At 4/2/12 04:15 AM, Lionelion wrote:
Im just curious if they plan to make money off of this, i mean, not very many people have an NES nowadays....

It was an April Fool's Day joke man....

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 05:52 AM Reply

At 4/3/12 10:56 PM, 1-800-CockJoke wrote:
At 4/2/12 04:15 AM, Lionelion wrote:
It was an April Fool's Day joke man....

yeah i got that now. still, it looked pretty cool, the demo they had on the website looked awesome, i wonder why they didnt keep it up....