00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nintendo Club

169,136 Views | 1,692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-03-23 15:22:49

So I've just beaten Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. WARNING: Comments below might contain spoilers.

At the ending I was like: "What? Where did Alex go? There are so many things that haven't been explained yet!". And then came the cliffhanger final shot. I suppose there will be a sequel and I do feel that it needs one. In my opinion there were many things missing from the original games, such as the other main characters. I have no idea where they went and why they weren't in this game. The western part of the world is also inaccessible and some story elements haven't been explained at all yet (like the psynergy vortexes and the umbra clan).

But apart from that, I think it was a very nice RPG game. As I've already said before, I like the new additions to the gameplay and the 3D fights. The new cast was interesting and I'm glad they didn't go for the 'all characters are sons and daughters of the former protagonists'-idea.

Overall a game that's worth getting in my opinion.

At 3/23/11 08:19 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Name your favorite RPG game. Personally mines Super Mario: Land Of Seven Stars.

Tough choice. I can't really pick between Final Fantasy IX, Pokemon Silver/Gold and Golden Sun (GBA).

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-03-23 15:40:25

At 3/20/11 11:48 AM, chubzilla100 wrote: So I just finished LoZ: Spirt Tracks for the DS, and I ws quite impressed. I loved all the relations to Wind waker

It's a sequel to the other DS game (which was a sequel to the Wind Waker). Proper Zelda timeline can be found here (all but Skyward Sword are after OoT):
http://zeldawiki.org/Split_Timeline_Disc iplines

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-03-25 13:58:36

|WARNING SPOILERS|

Auz, the ending left me what-the-fuck'ed. The big ass vortex in the end near the lookout cabin? Are you kidding me, Dark Dawn must have a sequel - there's no other way.

And Dark Adepts/Umbra Clan. Didn't get too much info on them, plus Alex left without answering anything, eh.

The lack of half of the heroes of Vale, also made me upset. The only one who had a good reason was Piers - cause he was sailing all the time. But the others just dissappeared

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-03-25 14:12:31

At 3/25/11 01:58 PM, MrSaint wrote: |WARNING SPOILERS|

Auz, the ending left me what-the-fuck'ed. The big ass vortex in the end near the lookout cabin? Are you kidding me, Dark Dawn must have a sequel - there's no other way.

And Dark Adepts/Umbra Clan. Didn't get too much info on them, plus Alex left without answering anything, eh.

The lack of half of the heroes of Vale, also made me upset. The only one who had a good reason was Piers - cause he was sailing all the time. But the others just dissappeared

SPOILERS

Yeah it left me what-the-fucked? as well. I was thinking that maybe after that final battle a new chapter would begin in which it is revealed what Alex is doing and what the Umbra clan is. But no, they went straight to the ending.

Beside the points already mentioned, it still has not been revealed who Amiti's father is. In fact, if I remember correctly the issue was only brought up once after the story of his mother, but nothing new was said. The game already dropped a major hint somewhere though, it should be obvious to those who have played the GBA Golden Suns.

So yeah, they clearly wanted to make a sequel.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-03-25 17:50:11

|SPOILERS|

It was heavily hinted that Amiti's father was an Adept, a Mercury Adept, from whom he inherited the power of Psynergy. Besides, Tret said that Amiti is related to Rief, thus related to Mia. And Mia is the cousin of Alex, so I am convinced that Alex is the father of Amiti.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-03-25 22:25:52

At 3/23/11 08:19 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Name your favorite RPG game. Personally mines Super Mario: Land Of Seven Stars.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door was so good. That's probably mine.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-03-27 13:17:20

At 3/27/11 11:54 AM, HandsomeCat wrote: of all the nintendo culbs on NG you just had to make a 24th one when you have 23 more.

but the culbs the more nintendo spoffs

This is probably the only club that is alive, among the other ones.

So don't be dissin

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-03-27 22:07:03

Legend of Zelda : Ocarina Of Time , Pokemon Stadium. Only 2 games I would ever play on my N64.

The Nintendo Club

Game is simple, U raff U ruse.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-03-28 18:06:46

Eh... I was planning on playing Legend of Zelda: The Spirit Tracks, but instead I picked up Pokemon Heart Gold. Reliving memories from years past.

The new graphics are nice and I like how they expanded and altered many areas of the old game.

At 3/25/11 05:50 PM, MrSaint wrote: |SPOILERS|

It was heavily hinted that Amiti's father was an Adept, a Mercury Adept, from whom he inherited the power of Psynergy. Besides, Tret said that Amiti is related to Rief, thus related to Mia. And Mia is the cousin of Alex, so I am convinced that Alex is the father of Amiti.

Exactly!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-02 00:54:50

Just a heads up. I'm outta this place.
Had a lotta fun talking to you cats and all that, but I can't stand it here anymore. Not gonna preach or bitch.

Have fun, keep the club going - You're all good shit, perhaps we will converse again some time in the future some how, but it won't be on here.

Take care you guys.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-02 02:06:08

At 3/27/11 10:07 PM, PhireyBean69 wrote: Legend of Zelda : Ocarina Of Time , Pokemon Stadium. Only 2 games I would ever play on my N64.

Then you are seriously missing out on some golden titles

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-02 08:20:09

At 4/2/11 12:54 AM, EpicFail wrote: Just a heads up. I'm outta this place.
Had a lotta fun talking to you cats and all that, but I can't stand it here anymore. Not gonna preach or bitch.

Have fun, keep the club going - You're all good shit, perhaps we will converse again some time in the future some how, but it won't be on here.

Take care you guys.

See ya, and take care, you shall be missed. :(
Saw your post on having a baby, tough break... hope all goes well.

At 4/2/11 02:06 AM, dmansland wrote:
At 3/27/11 10:07 PM, PhireyBean69 wrote: Legend of Zelda : Ocarina Of Time , Pokemon Stadium. Only 2 games I would ever play on my N64.

Can you please name one plllllllllllease? :D

""Victory Loves Prepareness"" | I'm a Icon Mod.

PSN: PK-Lucas//Gamertag:PSILeo

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-03 07:59:32

Take care you guys.

Saw your topic in General. That's totally fucked up...

Hope things work out. I got you in MSN, don't dissappear, keep going online.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-03 16:28:55

Found this on the internet. Gave me a good chuckle. Thought I should share.

The guy in the white overalls is from an old Nintendo game. You get cool points if you can tell me which one.

The Nintendo Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-04 07:42:05

Take care you guys.

I just read your thread as well, sounds pretty messed up. If I were you I'd try to get it aborted, but the choice might not be so easy for you.

Anyway you're always welcome to come back if you ever decide that you want to hang out here again.

At 4/2/11 08:20 AM, PSILeo wrote:
At 4/2/11 02:06 AM, dmansland wrote:
Can you please name one plllllllllllease? :D

Jeez... where to start...

Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Brothers, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Donkey Kong 64... the list goes on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-06 21:23:22

Nah, I'm sticking around guys... Stop derailing the thread :P Kidding.

Was just very very stressed out when I decided to leave, changed my password to gibberish and everything but I can't forget it... Runs through my head constantly etc. Newgrounds and I are just meant to be... I'll just be slowing down on posting a lot is all.

Regardless, I'm glad you guys are still sticking with the club, you're the club anyway, not me.. I hardly make a post in here..

Any of you guys cop the 3DS yet?? If so, what do you think? I really want to get it for the new Resident Evil.

Also, I heard they are remaking a few of the Resident Evil games??? Any of you know stuff about that? It was the Resident Evil 15th anniversary yesterday or the day before.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-08 19:41:27

EpicFail IS BACK

FUCKERS. Glad to see you back. I hope you're all right, man

Recently picked up Mario Tennis on Gameboy Color. Damn addictive game, with an RPG touch. By the way, developed by Camelot (who created the Golden Sun series)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-09 23:36:04

Recently got back into playing Wario Ware Twisted on my GBA. Pretty fun ass game with a unique gameplay style. Any of you boys ever try this one?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-14 12:55:24

At 4/8/11 07:41 PM, MrSaint wrote: EpicFail IS BACK

FUCKERS. Glad to see you back. I hope you're all right, man

Okay now I am back...
Had a thirty day ban, then I got re-assimilated about a week or so after because I talked it out with the moderator.

I was SO tempted to buy a 3DS the other day at EB Games when I saw them up on the wall, 250.00 dollars isn't terrible for something like that in my eyes, and I do have the money.

Unfortunately, I thought about it for a good five minutes or so and realized I just can't do it yet, too many other things I need to worry about with my money. Which SUCKS cause I want it so bad!

Oh well... Any of you lucky guys get one yet? :(

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-14 13:46:55

At 4/14/11 12:55 PM, EpicFail wrote: Oh well... Any of you lucky guys get one yet? :(

I'm tempted to get one and buy the Ocarina of Time remake, but at the moment I don't have the money. Maybe if I get a job this summer and have some money left, but I might rather spend that on going on a vacation.

So uh... probably not getting one anytime soon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-15 09:30:12

At 8/4/09 02:37 PM, nitebreed wrote: Thanks for joining guys.
Anybody else a huge fan of the classic nintendo games?

DEFINITELY.

-Larry the monk

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-18 12:58:40

Sup guys.

Well I really wanted to get the 3DS on release but that obviously hasn't happened.

I'm more than likely going to have to wait for the price to drop a bit because money isn't working out. I'm unemployed again I think since I got sent home on Saturday for nothing, I won't get in to that though.

Regardless, I do have the money for it ... I just don't want to buy something as useless as it considering I have a DS and there are good games for that I haven't played or beat yet. It makes sense to me anyway.

I'm checking out Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney right now as Auz recommended me the other day, and I think it's a pretty neat game.

I'm a good lawyer, that's all I know.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-18 17:10:32

At 4/18/11 04:23 PM, Tetris wrote: 3DS GOT NO GAMES.

Seriously this thing has the worst launch titles in the history of ever.

Yeah but the good ones are coming, good things come to those who wait, right?

I think everything that's been released has had little to no good games when it was first launched, it's all a matter of time before the good ones start dropping.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-19 17:48:29

i USED to have a Nintendo but it broke xD aw i neally finished a reaaaallllllllly long game...oh well....

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-20 04:06:36

At 4/18/11 03:50 PM, tyler2513 wrote: The 3DS is most likely going to overpower other handhelds I just hope Nintendo doesn't overestimate how long it will give everyone pride and entertain people like Wii.

Oh well, the PS3 and the XBox 360 have been around for some time as well. As soon as one of the three releases a new consoles, the other two will probably follow soon after.

Wasn't Nintendo working on something already? I heard some rumours about a HD console.

At 4/18/11 04:23 PM, Tetris wrote: 3DS GOT NO GAMES.

Seriously this thing has the worst launch titles in the history of ever.

The remakes for classic N64 games look neat though. Don't know about the rest of the titles.

I think the Wii didn't start with great titles either. I remember in the first year or so the only interesting games were Twilight Princess (which was also available for the Gamecube) and Metroid Prime 3.

At 4/19/11 05:48 PM, YellowisCOOL wrote: i USED to have a Nintendo but it broke xD aw i neally finished a reaaaallllllllly long game...oh well....

What game?

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-20 04:57:15

i love the Nintendo 3DS. it is truly revolutionary.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-23 02:22:57

At 4/20/11 05:20 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Nintendo has never been good with launch titles. But at the very end of the Generation, they're damn good.

How can you say that when classics like Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World were launch titles for the NES and SNES?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-23 12:09:48

I,LL Join

The Nintendo Club

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-23 12:16:38

My Nintendo RF Switch is messed up but i cant get a good price for a new one

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-04-24 13:21:46

Sup guys

Almost finished Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney, and all I can say is that this freaking game rocks!

Doing the last case at the moment, shit's tense as usual, but I will solve it today D:

Also planning to play Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Heard some good stuff about it