New Topic Respond to this Topic
RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Audiophile
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 04:12 PM Reply

wow, those N64 games were awesome... They cost a lot now... My cousin had one, we played all day long!!

I think his mother gave it to a boy when my cousin got a PS1... Damn Sony.

Those games remember my childhood, OoT, Majora's Mask, Road Rash... N64 was, definetively, a revolutionary platform, as every one from Nintendo.

:D

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks
Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature
Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 05:52 AM Reply

At 12/5/10 03:06 PM, EpicFail wrote: I feel so stupid now for selling a majority of my N64 games at my garage sale like 7 years ago.

I've never sold any game that I bought, except one. It was SMackdown vs Raw 2009 for Wii and my god I've never played anything as horrible. So far wretslers for Wii are great disappointment for me at least.

I still don't get it, why an earth there isn't proper boxing game for Wii, that pisses me off a lot >:(
Or then I just haven't spotted anything.

Oh and by the way at DKCR after I beat it I unlocked some secret temple and now I must collect every KONG letter from each level of each world. It has been a real pain, but also tons of fun. Just 3 more worlds which are going to be horrible. Game is shoved full of those roller-coaster levels and they're far more harder than in DKC. Also apparently I completed the game in 11 hours and only by rushing each lelvel.

It really does help if you've played the older DKC games, those lonely bananas so obivious :)

I still kind of miss the animal friends, the frog, the ostricht, not sure how the name of the bird is spelled, and Enquarde the sword fish, not sure how that name is spelled either.
However you still get he parrot and my personal favorite, Rambi the rhyno. Damn Rambi is seriously overpowered now, it can crush almost everything.

MEDIC!

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 08:47 AM Reply

At 12/6/10 05:52 AM, wallrus wrote: I still don't get it, why an earth there isn't proper boxing game for Wii, that pisses me off a lot >:(

I wondered this a lot myself... There is ONE boxing game on the Wii besides the Wii Sports boxing as far as I know... It was called Showtime Championship Boxing or something like that, it got like a 2/5 pretty much everywhere if I remember correctly... I think the Wii Sports Boxing would be much better, I had countless hours of fun with that one.

DK game sounds sweet, wish I still had my Wii.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 11:38 AM Reply

At 12/6/10 08:47 AM, EpicFail wrote:
At 12/6/10 05:52 AM, wallrus wrote: I still don't get it, why an earth there isn't proper boxing game for Wii, that pisses me off a lot >:(
I wondered this a lot myself... There is ONE boxing game on the Wii besides the Wii Sports boxing as far as I know... It was called Showtime Championship Boxing or something like that, it got like a 2/5 pretty much everywhere if I remember correctly... I think the Wii Sports Boxing would be much better, I had countless hours of fun with that one.

Yeah I liked Wii Sports Boxing a lot as well. Although once you mastered that sidestepping, slowmotion trick, it was a piece of cake really. Even if your skill level was 1800, the enemies were still easily beatable that way.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
chubzilla100
chubzilla100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 01:35 PM Reply

At 12/6/10 11:38 AM, Auz wrote:
Yeah I liked Wii Sports Boxing a lot as well. Although once you mastered that sidestepping, slowmotion trick, it was a piece of cake really. Even if your skill level was 1800, the enemies were still easily beatable that way.

I never mastered that one, Although i did do pretty well at it. Maybe an online version of it, just because.

And theres face breaker. I think its reviews were around 80-90%, But it sounded pretty good for a boxing game.

Steam: Chubzilla100 also Check out da You Tubes

I dont think you understand the importance of clicking my sig, and the limitless prizes it holds.

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 11:21 PM Reply

At 12/6/10 03:05 PM, Tetros wrote: Although, I know what you mean, like, actually moving around, as guys like Mike Tyson, beating the everlasting hell out of another guy, with Motion Plus I thought one would be coming out in the near future, but apparently not.

Punch-Out is a kickass game, but I wouldn't call it a proper boxing game. The closest thing I've seen to that is Wii Sports boxing, which isn't that bad but is still lacking. Also, I tried to play Punch-Out with the balance board and nunchuk, oh god they're both horrible. Seriously, they don't work. The game was made to be played with the sideways Wiimote.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 12:40 AM Reply

I just got to the first real boss fight in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.
I would have been way past it if I wasn't so busy and preoccupied with the website I am an admin on...
I lost the boss fight... EpicFail is a sad panda today. It was not difficult really, I just ended up going with hardly any Herbs and although my party has the best gear possible right now I was not really paying much attention, and I really should have been... Oh well, tomorrow I am going to kick it's ass.

Yeah, whatever.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 11:33 AM Reply

Haven't been playing much lately. I proceeded with my second run through Banjo Kazooie and I'm also still guiding my girlfriend through Ocarina of Time.

I should see if I can get my hands on the new Golden Sun.

At 12/9/10 12:40 AM, EpicFail wrote: I just got to the first real boss fight in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

And how far are you in right now exactly? Despite the fact that you might not have played it that much lately, it still sounds like the first real boss fight occurs quite far in the game. I remember in Golden Sun 2 you could get to the first boss fight (the three gorillas) fairly quickly.

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 01:28 PM Reply

At 12/9/10 11:33 AM, Auz wrote: also still guiding my girlfriend through Ocarina of Time.

That's cool! How far did she get in the game?

At 12/9/10 12:40 AM, EpicFail wrote:
I just got to the first real boss fight in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

Like Auz said, seems that the boss is pretty far off. Still didn't get my hands on the game, but I plan to do that very soon.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 02:40 PM Reply

At 12/9/10 11:33 AM, Auz wrote:
And how far are you in right now exactly? Despite the fact that you might not have played it that much lately, it still sounds like the first real boss fight occurs quite far in the game. I remember in Golden Sun 2 you could get to the first boss fight (the three gorillas) fairly quickly.

I have 8-9 hours of gameplay, but most of the time I was playing I was sidetracked with other stuff so I just left the DS on and I'd go do something like go for a smoke, or have supper, etc.
I'd say without following a walkthrough, it might take about six hours or so to get there... Given you are reading everything and all that rather than skipping every word that pops up and shit.

Yeah, whatever.

RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Audiophile
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 03:16 PM Reply

Did you guys see that Call of Duty Black Ops is for Wii too??

Didn't know that! It's apretty cool game, but Call of Duty is sooo much sensationalist. Ugh.

Anyway, I bought Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4...

Still didn't test it... Will test it now... :)

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks
Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 03:36 PM Reply

At 12/9/10 03:16 PM, RogerBK wrote: Did you guys see that Call of Duty Black Ops is for Wii too??

Didn't know that! It's apretty cool game, but Call of Duty is sooo much sensationalist. Ugh.

Anyway, I bought Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4...

Still didn't test it... Will test it now... :)

Even if I still had my Wii, I would have zero intentions of buying Call of Duty on it... It may just be me but I can't stand FPS games on the Wii, although Red Steel 2 looks cool as hell.

PS: Any idea what I should do with this Tank sticker and Meat boy sticker guys??

Yeah, whatever.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 08:20 PM Reply

Can I join this?

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 10:32 PM Reply

Alright, so I have 2 games I got last Christmas for the Gamecube.

Beyond Good & Evil is supposed to be a really good game, and for the first few minutes I thought it was pretty cool. It throws you right into the action, and the combat is like a combination of Prince of Persia and Zelda. Once I started going out on the boat, it instantly reminded me of the Jak series which I love to death. But once I started shooting ships for shits and giggles, the game scolded me and took score away.

Seriously? You're going to dictate me like a fucking animal? This is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to games. I mean, in Jak 2/3 cops came after you and chased your ass down once you broke the law (And by break the law I mean harming people), and the longer you survived the more desperate they get, and it gets pretty intense. But it doesn't remove upgrades or anything, it just causes trouble. So once that happened, I put the game back. And that's really disappointing, because it's supposed to be one of the greatest adventure games to come out around the era that Jak and R&C came out.

Killer7 is just...weird. When I saw the cover, I assumed that Killer7 was a mob group with those 7 members representing it. In the opening cutscene, the camera sees the black guy turn white. At first I assumed he was in disguise somehow, but then I found out what was really going on. Holy shit, what a twist.

As for the gameplay, it's kind of like Resident Evil 4. Safe rooms, different camera angle when shooting, monsters that move slowly toward you and don't die with their heads blown off. When I got to this part where you have to shoot a weakspot, the weakspot was noticeable, but for some reason even with a charged shot, there was no indication I was hitting it. So I just backtracked, killed enemies, and looked everywhere before I realized I was too far away. Even though I can hit the enemies far away I can't hit that spot?

The story was very weird from what I played, and the atmosphere was even weirder. Every time you kill an enemy, they spew blood from every orifice and there's this Joker laugh. It gets annoying. Once I start experimenting with the other personalities, I realized all of them suck, and I got my ass handed to me. And this is the first stage. Also, there's tons of locations to go to, and no map to tell you where you are. So once I got halfway through the first stage and died, I gave up and put the game back on the shelf, another disappointment.

It seems like I'm nitpicking and not giving it a fair chance, and while that may be true, I always like for a game to give me a good first impression. Even if the game starts off slow, I'll give it some time, but I usually know right away whether I'm going to like them or not. Both these games are rare nowadays, so they were wastes of money for me.

Now, for the Wii, both Madworld and No More Heroes sit on the shelf. I heard Madworld is a poor man's Gears, and I heard No More Heroes is like Dead Rising. But I haven't tried either of them yet.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 11:10 PM Reply

Killer7 was a wonderful game, I enjoyed it very much. I think I rented it on the PS2... It was crazy, but it blew my mind!

Yeah, whatever.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 11:23 AM Reply

At 12/9/10 01:28 PM, MrSaint wrote:
At 12/9/10 11:33 AM, Auz wrote: also still guiding my girlfriend through Ocarina of Time.
That's cool! How far did she get in the game?

Pretty far actually. She's currently in the Shadow Temple, but she's doing that one before the Spirit Temple (I usually do it the other way around). So she still got some way to go and she's not liking the Shadow Temple much, but I don't think she's gonna give up on the game.

She's also pretty good at it apparently. She managed to beat all the bosses and mini bosses so far without going Game Over once (although she was close a few times). I wasn't even with her when she defeated Volvagia and Morpha and I was amazed she managed to beat Dark Link on her first try. That's one miniboss that took me several tries when I first went through the game.

At 12/9/10 02:40 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 12/9/10 11:33 AM, Auz wrote:
I have 8-9 hours of gameplay, but most of the time I was playing I was sidetracked with other stuff so I just left the DS on and I'd go do something like go for a smoke, or have supper, etc.
I'd say without following a walkthrough, it might take about six hours or so to get there... Given you are reading everything and all that rather than skipping every word that pops up and shit.

Oh I see. The hours will easily add up that way indeed. Six hours still seems quit far in, but I think in the first game it was also four hours at least until you got those thieves.

At 12/9/10 08:20 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Can I join this?

Sure, welcome :)

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 03:09 PM Reply

At 12/10/10 11:23 AM, Auz wrote:
Oh I see. The hours will easily add up that way indeed. Six hours still seems quit far in, but I think in the first game it was also four hours at least until you got those thieves.

Yeah, it's hard for me to say for sure really... Five or Six seems fair... I haven't gotten to try again yet, I can't find the charger and I hate playing the DS when I can't find the charger, just because once it dies it's dead until I find it again... Shit's been randomly going missing here, driving me mad.

Yeah, whatever.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 03:16 PM Reply

At 12/10/10 03:12 PM, Tetros wrote: I got mad fly cash in Wild World now that I've got me 7 orange trees before I've paid off my second house loan.

So I got it made with that income plus the money rock, and once Nook n' Go comes around I'll buy an axe, chop down some trees, and make even more mad cash from fruits.

Awesome, I can't find where Animal Crossing went here... It is bothering me, I had many plans for my city.

Yeah, whatever.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 06:49 PM Reply

Can I join this club?

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 11:25 PM Reply

I've started No More Heroes and right now, it's quite good. It's one of those straight run-through-hallway slasher games, which I don't mind.

While the combat is fucking awesome, and the writing is brilliant, there are definately some flaws. And one of them is the HUB. Seriously? This has to be one of the worst HUBs I've ever seen. I would prefer a map screen that lets you select locations rather than this drive-here-drive-there bullshit. There is literally nothing to do except drive to locations, so what's the point? Imagine GTA4 with 95% of all the sandbox potential removed.

Also, every time you hit something with your bike at more than like 5 mph, you fly off. And also, the fucking money. Holy fuck, doing those side missions is the most boring thing ever. I can understand if it's to get 100%, unlock upgrades, unlock bonus content, and unlock clothes. But why do I have to earn an absurd amount of money carrying COCONUTS just to play the next mission? It is THE antifun.

So other than having an extremely pointless money-earning system and..."sandbox" mode, No More Heroes is damn good. It's also kinda hard, even on Sweet difficulty. (Being able to block while standing still seems like it would be more fun)

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 11:35 PM Reply

At 12/10/10 06:49 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Can I join this club?

You were already welcomed by Auz, Tyler.
But I will say it myself, yes and welcome.

No More Heroes was a fun game Blaze, definitely one worth playing at least once.

Yeah, whatever.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 11th, 2010 @ 07:16 AM Reply

Hey guys, please contribute to this topic. I want to see your old consoles and games

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 11th, 2010 @ 10:05 AM Reply

Sadly the only systems I have are NES, Wii, Gamecube, and PS3. I have a little bit of money what system would you guys recommend I buy?

SNES
N64
Xbox360

Also does anyone else have Nintendo Zapper for the NES? That things awesome!

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 11th, 2010 @ 11:16 AM Reply

At 12/11/10 07:16 AM, MrSaint wrote: Hey guys, please contribute to this topic. I want to see your old consoles and games

The only old consoles I own are up in the attic, fuck that.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 11th, 2010 @ 11:43 AM Reply

At 12/10/10 03:09 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 12/10/10 11:23 AM, Auz wrote: Oh I see. The hours will easily add up that way indeed. Six hours still seems quit far in, but I think in the first game it was also four hours at least until you got those thieves.
Yeah, it's hard for me to say for sure really... Five or Six seems fair... I haven't gotten to try again yet, I can't find the charger and I hate playing the DS when I can't find the charger, just because once it dies it's dead until I find it again... Shit's been randomly going missing here, driving me mad.

Indeed, that's one thing I always dislike about handhelds. You can never play for long periods since you'll have to recharge them batteries all the time.

At 12/11/10 10:05 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Sadly the only systems I have are NES, Wii, Gamecube, and PS3. I have a little bit of money what system would you guys recommend I buy?

SNES
N64
Xbox360

I would suggest an N64 since it has lots of awesome games, but I think the same goes for the SNES. I don't know anything about the XBox 360.

Is that the thing you use for Duck Hunt?

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 11th, 2010 @ 05:07 PM Reply

At 12/11/10 11:43 AM, Auz wrote:

Yeah, it is. It's the gun. I can't really think of any notable games other than Duck Hunt that it uses that thing, though. Billy Bayou?

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 11th, 2010 @ 08:04 PM Reply

At 12/11/10 05:07 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 12/11/10 11:43 AM, Auz wrote:
Yeah, it is. It's the gun. I can't really think of any notable games other than Duck Hunt that it uses that thing, though. Billy Bayou?

Operation Wolf can be pretty fun. Yeah but that's it. The first game I ever played was when I was 3 and I played Super Mario World. I was born in 1995 and I'm only 15 BTW

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 11th, 2010 @ 10:08 PM Reply

So, I beat Donkey Kong Country Returns (meaning that I beat the last boss and saw the credits, I didn't reach 100% completion yet) in about six days after purchasing it. Should I take this to mean that the game is easier than the original Donkey Kong Country games or that I'm just a better gamer than I was when I played the Super Nintendo classics?

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 11th, 2010 @ 11:29 PM Reply

Oh my god, No More Heroes is so fucking hard.

And that's saying something, because I'm playing on easy mode. There are so many cheap deaths it's unreal. For the Rank 2 fight against Bad Girl, there's a move she has where she drops to the floor and pretends to cry, and if you're anywhere near her you die instantly. And the missions where you can't get hit once? They're fucking impossible.

I'm at the part where you have to drive your bike across a highway dodging assholes on motorcycles and dodging boxes and logs. When you get past the highway, you go into a forest. After that, you have to jump a bridge. If you fail to jump the bridge, you have to go ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THE FUCKING HIGHWAY SECTION ALL OVER AGAIN.

Oh, and the money is still a huge issue. No matter how many times I do the easiest mission to get money in, all I can get is around 130,000 dollars. Then I have to drive all the way back to the mission HUB, select the mission, and drive all the way back to where the mission starts. And the mission itself is 3 minutes long. The Energy Saver Mk. III costs 1 million motherfucking dollars, so I only have to do that 10 times, but it's a LOT more tedious than it sounds.

This is worth one playthrough, but that's it. I don't even think I'll pick up the second one. One thing I have to say, the plot just got interesting.

The music sucks too.
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 12th, 2010 @ 12:11 AM Reply

Okay, what the fuck? I beat the second-to-last boss, (As in Rank 1) and got to choose whether I wanted to go back to the city, view the ending, or view the real ending. I chose the ending as I assumed the real ending took place where the ending left off, and it was weird, BUT once the credits finished I saved over my file. Which means, I was given no chance to go back and view the real ending and real final boss.

I mean, sure, I get a New Game +, but that is SUCH bullshit that I have to do the whole fucking game over again.