00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Boayne98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nintendo Club

169,135 Views | 1,692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-09 08:11:55

At 11/8/10 11:23 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Wow. Fuck getting 100% in Sunshine. Finding all those blue coins simply isn't worth it, at all. It's one thing when I want to get 120 stars, it's another thing when I have to buy 24 of them with blue coins you have to search for in stages, especially when the only thing it gives you is a lame new end screen.

I always try to get 100% in my games, no matter what but it can be a total waste of time and pain in the ass. But if you really have nothing better to do then it's not much of a problem the way I see it.
My buddy, all he does is game and he puts so much hours in to just one game, if you put together all of his game times for every game he owns I swear it would be over a year, he's totally crazy.
I will try getting 100% but unless it's a rental I'll take my time on it and not play constantly.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-09 08:52:43

At 11/8/10 11:23 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Wow. Fuck getting 100% in Sunshine.

Usually I will go for 100% completion as well, regardless of the rewards you get for it. I just want to enjoy every game I have to its fullest and often the side quests are quite interesting in most games.

To be honest though, I usually end up completing games for like ... 99% since eventually I will lose interest in the game when some little side quest is way too tedious and boring.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-09 09:08:35

At 11/9/10 08:52 AM, Auz wrote:
Usually I will go for 100% completion as well, regardless of the rewards you get for it. I just want to enjoy every game I have to its fullest and often the side quests are quite interesting in most games.

Yeah, the way I see it your paying X amount to own the game, usually a pretty expensive price if it's new. You might as well play that game as much as you can and get your moneys worth. If you're only going to complete the main things, sure there is a point but you might as well keep going. Get the most out of your game.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-10 12:49:10

At 11/9/10 09:08 AM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/9/10 08:52 AM, Auz wrote:
Yeah, the way I see it your paying X amount to own the game, usually a pretty expensive price if it's new. You might as well play that game as much as you can and get your moneys worth. If you're only going to complete the main things, sure there is a point but you might as well keep going. Get the most out of your game.

Agreed. Usually going through the main game alone doesn't feel satisfying enough for me, knowing that there's so much stuff I'm missing out on. I'd rather play on for a few more weeks, completing side quest and going through the game for a second time than putting the game aside after finishing the main story.

It might help though that I never buy any new games before I finished my older ones. If I still had five other games lying around, I might not wanna stick with one game for too long. Although I'm sure I will get back to it eventually.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-11 22:31:27

At 11/11/10 10:29 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
MIND. FUCKING. BLOWN.

Hahaha! That is awesome.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-12 00:41:10

My younger brother just picked up a few games for the DS.
He got 3 Castlevania ones, 3 Kirby ones, Animal Crossing, Drawn To Life, Simcity DS (lol), and Rune Factory... And a few I can't remember.

Any of you guys have opinions on these games? I'm sure I'll enjoy the Kirby ones, however I played one a bit earlier, just the tutorial and it wasn't very appealing to me... I can't remember the name though.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-12 14:55:32

At 11/11/10 10:29 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I completely beat Super Mario Sunshine with 120 stars to cure my OCD, and was not satisfied at all. I have to get Galaxy 2, because Galaxy was so much better than Sunshine, it...jesus. It's just what I think is a perfect Mario game. I liked 64 and Sunshine's exploration, but I think Galaxy's linear 3D platforming is where Mario truly belongs.

I don't have Sunshine or Galaxy, but from what I've seen from both games Galaxy definitely looks more interesting than Sunshine. This water jet thing never appealed to me that much.

Also:

MIND. FUCKING. BLOWN.

Woohaa!

At 11/12/10 12:41 AM, EpicFail wrote: My younger brother just picked up a few games for the DS.
He got 3 Castlevania ones, 3 Kirby ones, Animal Crossing, Drawn To Life, Simcity DS (lol), and Rune Factory... And a few I can't remember.

Any of you guys have opinions on these games? I'm sure I'll enjoy the Kirby ones, however I played one a bit earlier, just the tutorial and it wasn't very appealing to me... I can't remember the name though.

I've played some Kirby games and I thought they were quite fun. However, they are pretty easy for the more experienced gamer. You can usually get through them quickly without having much trouble.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-13 00:08:55

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-13 01:42:00

At 11/13/10 12:39 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 11/13/10 12:08 AM, puddinN64 wrote: Wow, what is this world coming to?
MO MONAY!

How are they making money off of this? Are they going to sue people who use it in their speech? Artists who use it in their songs?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-14 17:47:11

At 11/14/10 05:35 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: In other news, replaying Galaxy and, coming off of Sunshine, it seems that by this point in time Charles Martinet is extremely tired of voicing Mario. He just doesn't seem to have as much emotion as he did in Sunshine.

Isn't the only thing he says is stuff like "WooHoo", "Ow" and "STAR!!!" ?

Steam: Chubzilla100 also Check out da You Tubes

I dont think you understand the importance of clicking my sig, and the limitless prizes it holds.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-14 17:48:35

I just got through the main story of Pokemon Platinum. There are still a load of things left to do though and I already got 40 hours clocked.

I have to say, all in all it's another solid Pokemon game. If you enjoyed any of the former gen games, you will probably like the fourth gen games as well. I would go for Platinum and not the other two though, cause I heard Platinum had lots of extra features the other two simply don't have.

At 11/13/10 01:42 AM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 11/13/10 12:39 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: MO MONAY!
How are they making money off of this? Are they going to sue people who use it in their speech? Artists who use it in their songs?

Something like that I guess. Not that anyone will use it...

At 11/14/10 05:35 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Is it me or has Mario never, ever had a bad game? Besides the educational crap in the 90s of course. Even the sports games are good in their own right, and Mario Kart is still my favorite racer.

I think there were one or two for that total failure of a game system called the CD-I or something. The one that also had those horrible Zelda games.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-14 18:03:48

At 11/14/10 05:48 PM, Auz wrote: I just got through the main story of Pokemon Platinum. There are still a load of things left to do though and I already got 40 hours clocked.

I have to say, all in all it's another solid Pokemon game. If you enjoyed any of the former gen games, you will probably like the fourth gen games as well. I would go for Platinum and not the other two though, cause I heard Platinum had lots of extra features the other two simply don't have.

Is that a brand new one or what?
I have heard of it but not a lot about it, and the 'other two' means what? Black and White that are coming out eventually? Or no.
Sorry, just haven't paid attention to Pokemon much lately.

I'm playing through Animal Crossing... No idea why but it's something to do, brings back memories of like... Grade 3 on the Gamecube.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-14 18:27:28

Nevermind that Pokemon question, that was so silly of me... Just remembered Platinum was out before HeartGold and SoulSilver yes?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-15 05:39:44

At 11/14/10 06:27 PM, EpicFail wrote: Nevermind that Pokemon question, that was so silly of me... Just remembered Platinum was out before HeartGold and SoulSilver yes?

Yeah, the 4th Gen was Pearl & Diamond with Palkia and Dialga as their star Pokemon. The third one (like Yellow, Crystal and Emerald) was Platinum starring Giratina.

I don't think there has ever been as much difference between the third game and the base two games. There are 60 more Pokemon to catch in this game from the beginning and there's a long list of additions and changes with respect to Diamond and Pearl. Therefore I suggest that if you still want to buy any of these three, buy Platinum as you get much more for your money.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-16 22:34:03

Any of you guys played the Phantom Hourglass before? Just started it and I'm only at the part where you get the first Sea Map or whatever, it's lots of fun though... My brother picked it up off a buddy of his, letting me play through it first since he already has... Missed Zelda games since I lost most of my Nintendo consoles.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-17 05:33:32

At 11/16/10 10:34 PM, EpicFail wrote: Any of you guys played the Phantom Hourglass before? Just started it and I'm only at the part where you get the first Sea Map or whatever, it's lots of fun though... My brother picked it up off a buddy of his, letting me play through it first since he already has... Missed Zelda games since I lost most of my Nintendo consoles.

I'm planning to get it after I'm done playing Pokemon Platinum. Well either Phantom Hourglass or The Spirit Tracks, I'm not sure yet.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-17 08:28:26

At 11/17/10 05:33 AM, Auz wrote:
I'm planning to get it after I'm done playing Pokemon Platinum. Well either Phantom Hourglass or The Spirit Tracks, I'm not sure yet.

Oh shit, I totally forgot about that one... Haha. I might throw that on my Christmas list or something, since I still live at home and all that... Might as well see if my Pops can get it for me.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-17 17:09:49

At 11/12/10 12:41 AM, EpicFail wrote: and Rune Factory... And a few I can't remember.

The original Rune Factory is a great game. Two was not so good. I haven't got three yet.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-17 17:32:53

Phantom Hourglass is a cool game. I fell in love with it from the very beginning. Though I remember there was this moment that really pissed me off. I think it was when you get the second sea chart. There was a simple puzzle which made me go crazy. All I had to do is close the DS and open it lol

I remember that I solved it when I was falling asleep, while playing in the train. I closed to take a nap and woke up, with the puzzle magically solved.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-17 20:07:44

At 11/17/10 05:09 PM, Schizo-Sephy wrote:
At 11/12/10 12:41 AM, EpicFail wrote: and Rune Factory... And a few I can't remember.
The original Rune Factory is a great game. Two was not so good. I haven't got three yet.

Hmm... The one my brother got is some Harvest Moon styled one.

At 11/17/10 05:32 PM, MrSaint wrote: Phantom Hourglass is a cool game. I fell in love with it from the very beginning. Though I remember there was this moment that really pissed me off. I think it was when you get the second sea chart. There was a simple puzzle which made me go crazy. All I had to do is close the DS and open it lol

Not sure if I am there yet, I just got the second part not long ago, just did the part with the 'Mermaid' girl, and got my 5th heart piece from the 'hero' on the boat in the Northern area.

I remember that I solved it when I was falling asleep, while playing in the train. I closed to take a nap and woke up, with the puzzle magically solved.

You are lucky.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-17 22:51:57

At 11/14/10 05:35 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Is it me or has Mario never, ever had a bad game? Besides the educational crap in the 90s of course. Even the sports games are good in their own right, and Mario Kart is still my favorite racer.

You could argue that Dr. Mario was a subpar Tetris clone and that Dr. Mario 64 was a cheap, rushed game on a dying system.

But, honestly, you're right. Mario's games have always generally been playable.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-17 23:39:18

Hey guys, long time no posted over here. Does anyone know the releaase date of DOnkey Kong Returns ?
I pre-ordered it yesterday and the stores info said it will be released on my country at 19th day which is this weeks Friday.
Just checking because the place where I ordered has had some problems at updating the game informations.
Man I can't wait to play it. I also got this Cabela's game hunter 2010 for Wii. I'm getting it at Friday as well. Don't know how it turns out but it looked fnny.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-18 09:59:53

At 11/17/10 07:31 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I hated Phantom Hourglass. I just don't like this "sailing" crap that goes with the cel-shaded series.

Sometimes it was quite boring in The Windwaker when you had to sail to the other end of the map.

At 11/17/10 08:28 AM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/17/10 05:33 AM, Auz wrote: I'm planning to get it after I'm done playing Pokemon Platinum. Well either Phantom Hourglass or The Spirit Tracks, I'm not sure yet.
Oh shit, I totally forgot about that one... Haha. I might throw that on my Christmas list or something, since I still live at home and all that... Might as well see if my Pops can get it for me.

Yeah I might get one of them for the holidays as well.

I don't know, I'm leaning towards getting The Spirit Tracks since I've already seen that sailing stuff in The Windwaker and the train thing is something new to me. It does look a little silly, but perhaps it's interesting.

At 11/17/10 11:39 PM, wallrus wrote: Hey guys, long time no posted over here. Does anyone know the releaase date of DOnkey Kong Returns ?

I actually just went to one of those toy stores and a sign said that it will be released on the 3rd of December here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-18 10:30:06

At 11/18/10 09:59 AM, Auz wrote:
I don't know, I'm leaning towards getting The Spirit Tracks since I've already seen that sailing stuff in The Windwaker and the train thing is something new to me. It does look a little silly, but perhaps it's interesting.

Yeah I wonder why the DS Zelda games have that, I think it's kind of weird, it was neat in Windwaker back when I had the gamecube, but I sort of miss being able to run around all the time instead of travelling by boat and such, but that isn't enough to stop me from playing the games... At all.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-18 13:46:58

At 11/17/10 11:39 PM, wallrus wrote: Hey guys, long time no posted over here. Does anyone know the releaase date of DOnkey Kong Returns ?
I actually just went to one of those toy stores and a sign said that it will be released on the 3rd of December here.

Yeah I checked out my order a moment ago and damn I'm disappointed. The release date was updated to 3rd of December over here as well.

Well I guess I can wait for a while.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-18 17:03:54

Anyone knows the release date of The Conduit 2? \m/

Metal Hell

The cold wind and the snow of this night, whips my heart of pure ice

My cold blood is running through my veins, but my soul burns like an everlasting flame

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-18 19:52:41

At 11/18/10 05:03 PM, rockereaper wrote: Anyone knows the release date of The Conduit 2? \m/

Some time in February apparently.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-19 05:43:00

At 11/18/10 07:52 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/18/10 05:03 PM, rockereaper wrote: Anyone knows the release date of The Conduit 2? \m/
Some time in February apparently.

Hmm, yes February is when it should be released. Any people who play Tcon tell me if you wish to add. The game is dead for european players though. =(

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-19 07:13:50

So I bought some cheap gamepads yesterday and started playing Final Fantasy 1 NES. This game is hardcore, and I got to the point where I just didn't want to play lol

though here I am, playing it again

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-11-19 14:15:50

At 11/18/10 10:30 AM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/18/10 09:59 AM, Auz wrote: I don't know, I'm leaning towards getting The Spirit Tracks since I've already seen that sailing stuff in The Windwaker and the train thing is something new to me. It does look a little silly, but perhaps it's interesting.
Yeah I wonder why the DS Zelda games have that, I think it's kind of weird, it was neat in Windwaker back when I had the gamecube, but I sort of miss being able to run around all the time instead of travelling by boat and such, but that isn't enough to stop me from playing the games... At all.

Indeed I do prefer walking around the land of Hyrule, rather than sailing a mostly empty sea with some small islands here and there.

At 11/18/10 01:46 PM, wallrus wrote:
At 11/17/10 11:39 PM, wallrus wrote:
Yeah I checked out my order a moment ago and damn I'm disappointed. The release date was updated to 3rd of December over here as well.

Well I guess I can wait for a while.

Just two more weeks :)

At 11/19/10 07:13 AM, MrSaint wrote: So I bought some cheap gamepads yesterday and started playing Final Fantasy 1 NES. This game is hardcore, and I got to the point where I just didn't want to play lol

though here I am, playing it again

I didn't like Final Fantasy I all that much when I played the GBA remake. I was a bit clueless on where to go at times and sometimes I winded up in areas where the monsters were a hell lot stronger than I was. Also, I remember there were some really annoying, hard parts where you had to go far away from any town with no access to healing your party other than the items you carried with you.

BBS Signature