BBS Signature
dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 29th, 2009 @ 01:21 AM Reply

I fucking love Nintendo. If my Nintendo DSi had a big enough hole, I would so fuck it. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story has also made this Christmas one of the better ones that I have had in a long time.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 29th, 2009 @ 07:07 AM Reply

At 12/26/09 12:33 PM, Tetimaru000 wrote: Pokemon is disappointing.

Waaaah?

You can say all you want about Pokemon, but the games have always been pretty good. Or at least the original ones up until Crystal.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
KingRoran
KingRoran
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Dec. 29th, 2009 @ 09:45 PM Reply

Count me in. I got a DSi and currently working on beating Call of Duty Modern Warfare Mobilized

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 4th, 2010 @ 04:21 PM Reply

It sure fell a little quiet in here. What have you guys been up to?

I am still busy with Metroid Prime here, although I think I'm starting to near the end. Also I finally came to a point in the game that I didn't like all that much.

It's about when you're somewhere halfway in the Phazon Mines and get that Power Bomb upgrade. I thought I still had a long way to go from there, but all of a sudden I had immediate access to almost all the remaining power ups. The game then wanted me to go all around the planet again to collect them, while in the meantime I had to fight off those annoying Chozo ghosts numerous times. And I know I will have to do a similar thing again real soon when I have to collect all the twelve artifacts.

But other than that, I've been enjoying it a lot and I think this will go into my favorite games of all time.

BBS Signature
sumguy720
sumguy720
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 4th, 2010 @ 11:53 PM Reply

At 1/4/10 04:21 PM, Auz wrote: It sure fell a little quiet in here. What have you guys been up to?

Personally, I've been waiting for the GameBoy Micro to drop in price. Can you believe they're still like 75 bucks?
Right now I'm playing Doom and Doom2 in the GBA slot of my DS. Great games.

Also: I don't believe in the Nintendo DSi.
Is it really worth the extra fifty bucks?

BBS Signature
dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 5th, 2010 @ 02:14 AM Reply

At 1/4/10 11:53 PM, sumguy720 wrote:
At 1/4/10 04:21 PM, Auz wrote: It sure fell a little quiet in here. What have you guys been up to?
Personally, I've been waiting for the GameBoy Micro to drop in price. Can you believe they're still like 75 bucks?
Right now I'm playing Doom and Doom2 in the GBA slot of my DS. Great games.

Also: I don't believe in the Nintendo DSi.

It was for me! Seeing as how I ownb a regular DS, I have no need for the Lite and I do like the extras the DSi comes with.

By the way, I'm back from Mexico guys =D! I beat Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and it was surprisingly easy compared to the previous 2, especial Partners in Time. I still loved the game overall and do plan to replay it. Time for some Metroid though.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 5th, 2010 @ 05:27 AM Reply

At 1/4/10 11:53 PM, sumguy720 wrote:

Just looking at a picture of it: I doubt I even want to have one. It's a little too small for my liking.

At 1/5/10 02:14 AM, dmansland wrote:
At 1/4/10 11:53 PM, sumguy720 wrote: Also: I don't believe in the Nintendo DSi.
It was for me! Seeing as how I ownb a regular DS, I have no need for the Lite and I do like the extras the DSi comes with.

I don't know exactly what extras are on the DSi, but I don't think I would pay more when I just want to play games with it.

BBS Signature
Ass-Crumb
Ass-Crumb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 6th, 2010 @ 10:08 AM Reply

At 1/5/10 05:27 AM, Auz wrote: I don't know exactly what extras are on the DSi, but I don't think I would pay more when I just want to play games with it.

The extras I have seen so far is pretty much a camera and editing software that comes with. They're obviously going to make games for it like they did with the game boy camera, so you could also just wait for those.

Anyways on the topic of cameras I bought Pokemon Snap at a local pawnstore not knowing what to expect. It was kind of boring here and there but it kept me entertained, well worth the $8 I spent on it. Although it was too short, since I could beat it in like 5 hours.

Good Threads: 1 2 3 4 5
I can't see shit

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 6th, 2010 @ 10:53 AM Reply

I just finished Metroid Prime.

Collecting the artifacts wasn't such a big deal after all. The hints are pretty obvious and I already stumbled across half of them by accident along the way.

The final battles, like all the bosses in the game, were pretty epic in my opinion. Especially the battle with Meta Ridley was awesome (and fucking hard). I think that one will get a high place in my favorite boss battles list. The final Metroid Prime form was a bit disappointing in that it was fairly easy considering I beat it while I started with only 1/3rd of my health.

Anyway the closing scenes were also a bit of a letdown. They were kinda short, but on the other hand very long ending scenes a-la Final Fantasy just don't suit the game (or series).

All in all a great game. I certainly recommend it to anyone who has a Gamecube here. It's probably the best Gamecube game ever made.

At 1/6/10 10:08 AM, Ass-Crumb wrote:
At 1/5/10 05:27 AM, Auz wrote: I don't know exactly what extras are on the DSi, but I don't think I would pay more when I just want to play games with it.
The extras I have seen so far is pretty much a camera and editing software that comes with. They're obviously going to make games for it like they did with the game boy camera, so you could also just wait for those.

Heh yeah but somehow I doubt they're gonna be that good. I'm thinking it's gonna be a lot of stuff like Wii Play: Silly minigames that you get bored of within an hour. But we'll see.

Anyways on the topic of cameras I bought Pokemon Snap at a local pawnstore not knowing what to expect. It was kind of boring here and there but it kept me entertained, well worth the $8 I spent on it. Although it was too short, since I could beat it in like 5 hours.

Pokemon Snap is a pretty nice game. Even though you could finish it in 5 hours, I think it does have a lot of replay value. Or at least, playing the levels over and over again is still pretty fun up to a certain point. Well worth the $8 indeed.

BBS Signature
dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 8th, 2010 @ 03:43 PM Reply

I finally finished Metroid Prime Hunters. I got to say, I am ashamedof myself for not being able to beat it before, it was pretty easy actually. Might as well supply a small review.

The game was good overall, but the controls were bad for me. First Person Shooter really don't go well with the DS but Nintendo did a good job at making them manageable. It's not unplayable, but it's hard to control Samus from time to time. It is a real donwgrade to the original, a lot less power ups, music is good, graphics are good for the DS.

Now I want a new Metroid, but in 2D for the DS. Like Fusion. That would be wonderful. Now to keep using my arcade stick and hopefully some day be as good as I was with the controller.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 8th, 2010 @ 04:49 PM Reply

At 1/8/10 03:43 PM, dmansland wrote: The game was good overall, but the controls were bad for me. First Person Shooter really don't go well with the DS but Nintendo did a good job at making them manageable. It's not unplayable, but it's hard to control Samus from time to time.

I always wondered how the controls for it would work. Like is shooting tapping the touch screen? That would seem a little odd to me... I would probably be worried all the time that I break the screen/pen out of enthusiasm.

It is a real donwgrade to the original, a lot less power ups

I guess they had to make room for the 3D world and such.

BBS Signature
dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 8th, 2010 @ 06:40 PM Reply

At 1/8/10 04:49 PM, Auz wrote:
At 1/8/10 03:43 PM, dmansland wrote: The game was good overall, but the controls were bad for me. First Person Shooter really don't go well with the DS but Nintendo did a good job at making them manageable. It's not unplayable, but it's hard to control Samus from time to time.
I always wondered how the controls for it would work. Like is shooting tapping the touch screen? That would seem a little odd to me... I would probably be worried all the time that I break the screen/pen out of enthusiasm.

No, you shoot with either L or R, depending on if you're left handed or right. You can choose to look around with either the 4 buttons or with the touch screen. Jump by double tapping the screen or pressing L/R, weapon management is handled with the touch screen, morph ball also, and you get a boost but pressing the jump button, or sliding the stylus fast on the touch screen. Nothing too gimmiky and it all works.

It is a real donwgrade to the original, a lot less power ups
I guess they had to make room for the 3D world and such.

The 3D worlds themeselves were small to be honest. but the CGI looks great.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 11th, 2010 @ 03:15 PM Reply

At 1/8/10 06:40 PM, dmansland wrote:
At 1/8/10 04:49 PM, Auz wrote: I always wondered how the controls for it would work. Like is shooting tapping the touch screen? That would seem a little odd to me... I would probably be worried all the time that I break the screen/pen out of enthusiasm.
No, you shoot with either L or R, depending on if you're left handed or right. You can choose to look around with either the 4 buttons or with the touch screen. Jump by double tapping the screen or pressing L/R, weapon management is handled with the touch screen, morph ball also, and you get a boost but pressing the jump button, or sliding the stylus fast on the touch screen. Nothing too gimmiky and it all works.

Still sounds pretty complicated to me, but I suppose it could work once you get used to it. Seems like a waste though that there are so many double controls for the same thing.

At 1/11/10 12:52 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Is the DSi Worth buying ?

I don't own one myself, but I keep hearing bad stuff about it.

Does It atleast have downloadable content like the wii console?

No idea.

BBS Signature
vxSkullxv
vxSkullxv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 11th, 2010 @ 05:54 PM Reply

Sup people I want in
I have a ds lite and a wii
Favorite game super smash brawl

dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 11th, 2010 @ 09:07 PM Reply

At 1/11/10 03:15 PM, Auz wrote:
At 1/8/10 06:40 PM, dmansland wrote:
At 1/8/10 04:49 PM, Auz wrote: I always wondered how the controls for it would work. Like is shooting tapping the touch screen? That would seem a little odd to me... I would probably be worried all the time that I break the screen/pen out of enthusiasm.
Still sounds pretty complicated to me, but I suppose it could work once you get used to it. Seems like a waste though that there are so many double controls for the same thing.

It really isn't, that's just how I am, I over complicate things. The good thing is they kept the game simple so it doesn't feel like you're playing Call of Duty with a NES controller.

At 1/11/10 12:52 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Is the DSi Worth buying ?

I personally love it, but that's because it's very good for me and all of that.

Does It atleast have downloadable content like the wii console?

Yes it does, but not a lot. If you're worried about the GBA slot, you're better off buying a GBA SP or the original GBA (not sure about the GBA Micro) since those models can play all the classic Game Boy games.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 13th, 2010 @ 11:42 AM Reply

I just went through my N64 games box and found my first N64 game: International Superstar Soccer 64.

Played it for a bit and it sure brought back some memories. I never realized back at the time how far ahead this game was to the Fifa series on like... every level. And actually it still is when it comes to determining the strategy for your team.

Also, the game just has a totally different feeling than a Fifa game somehow and some of the unrealism in the game is just funny for it's silliness :p

So yeah, pretty good game which was perhaps overlooked often back at the time. Also didn't Konami go bankrupt or something later? Too bad, because I think that company had a lot of potential.

At 1/11/10 05:54 PM, vxSkullxv wrote: Sup people I want in
I have a ds lite and a wii
Favorite game super smash brawl

I suppose it would be alright to let you join =)

At 1/11/10 09:07 PM, dmansland wrote:
At 1/11/10 03:15 PM, Auz wrote: Still sounds pretty complicated to me, but I suppose it could work once you get used to it. Seems like a waste though that there are so many double controls for the same thing.
It really isn't, that's just how I am, I over complicate things. The good thing is they kept the game simple so it doesn't feel like you're playing Call of Duty with a NES controller.

Heh alright then, if you say so :p

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 14th, 2010 @ 12:55 AM Reply

yeah, im joining, i love nintendo. anyways, im currently working on Wii sports resort, which i just got for christmas.

NinjaGuy
NinjaGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 14th, 2010 @ 10:10 PM Reply

I'll join, though I prefer xbox 360 , I play lots of wii and DS games online

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 15th, 2010 @ 11:02 AM Reply

At 1/14/10 12:55 AM, Lionel738 wrote: yeah, im joining, i love nintendo. anyways, im currently working on Wii sports resort, which i just got for christmas.

That looks like a very fun game to me. I already liked Wii Sports a lot, more than Brawl and Mariokart to be honest, but I always wished it was much more expanded. It felt like just a little extra you get when you buy a Wii, while it actually had so much potential.

So if I ever get a Wii again, I'll probably buy Wii Sports Resort right away.

And I think it's okay to let you join =)

At 1/14/10 10:10 PM, NinjaGuy wrote: I'll join, though I prefer xbox 360 , I play lots of wii and DS games online

Yeah I guess you can join too. Welcome!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 18th, 2010 @ 01:55 PM Reply

My girlfriend called me today. She went to one of those stores for used goods and found an N64, complete with 2 controllers and 4 games. The games being:
-Lylat Wars
-Jet Force Gemini
-Perfect Dark
-Wipeout 64

For only 25 euros and she bought it so that I could buy it from her. Looks like a pretty sweet deal to me. I don't own any of those games yet and I know they're all rated as (very) good games. Plus I could use two new controllers, and for the controllers alone you already gotta pay more than 25 these days.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 18th, 2010 @ 08:11 PM Reply

We are now talking about Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64.

Go.

Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 18th, 2010 @ 09:10 PM Reply

At 1/18/10 08:11 PM, puddinN64 wrote: We are now talking about Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64.

Go.

Platforming was amazing, extremely funny, love the iinuendos, that bear and bird sure know how to give you a challenge AND make it simple enough for anyone to play.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 19th, 2010 @ 03:00 AM Reply

At 1/18/10 08:11 PM, puddinN64 wrote: We are now talking about Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64.

Go.

Awesome game :p One of my favorite games of all time.

I'm still looking if I can buy it somewhere, but if anyone ever sells it it's usually over 50 euros. Despite the game's popularity, I think that's a bit much. Other N64 games that are a bit less popular you can usually get for less than half that amount.

BBS Signature
Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 19th, 2010 @ 08:32 AM Reply

Go.

wait a minute is Conker's Bad Fur Day that game where you control that squirrel who has terrible hangover

Somebody light me up a little

I regret nothing! I didn't steal this signature, I just took it without permission and modified it :3

BBS Signature
Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 19th, 2010 @ 10:00 AM Reply

At 1/19/10 08:32 AM, wallrus wrote:

Go.
wait a minute is Conker's Bad Fur Day that game where you control that squirrel who has terrible hangover

Shit, i never heard that it was originally for N64.One more game to my list that i need to try to hunt

I regret nothing! I didn't steal this signature, I just took it without permission and modified it :3

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 19th, 2010 @ 10:13 AM Reply

Go.

Yep that's the game. Although the hangover you are talking about is only at the very beginning. The rest of the plot is basically just Conker doing random things on his adventure to get back home.

If you haven't played it yet, you definitely should someday.

BBS Signature
Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 19th, 2010 @ 12:09 PM Reply

At 1/19/10 10:13 AM, Auz wrote:
At 1/18/10 08:11 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
If you haven't played it yet, you definitely should someday.

Well thats not going to be easy, where could i find it in these days

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 19th, 2010 @ 12:40 PM Reply

At 1/19/10 12:09 PM, wallrus wrote:
At 1/19/10 10:13 AM, Auz wrote: If you haven't played it yet, you definitely should someday.
Well thats not going to be easy, where could i find it in these days

Well there are of course very easy ways to get it, but those may not be discussed on the BBS.

I know ordinary stores might not have it anymore, but a lot of online stores do still sell the game. Amazon for example sells brand new ones, but be ready to pay a lot for it. I doubt you could get it any cheaper than $50.

BBS Signature
Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Jan. 19th, 2010 @ 02:18 PM Reply

At 1/19/10 12:40 PM, Auz wrote:
At 1/19/10 12:09 PM, wallrus wrote:
At 1/19/10 10:13 AM, Auz wrote:
I know ordinary stores might not have it anymore, but a lot of online stores do still sell the game. Amazon for example sells brand new ones, but be ready to pay a lot for it. I doubt you could get it any cheaper than $50.

PAL version ?

BBS Signature