Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to doubles six 2009-08-31 20:07:00 Reply

i just had an idea which i know you wont take on but hey worth a try
you could have it like two competitions in one, one for pre selected teams and one for people who have randomly been chosen, that means people could take part in which one they wanted or both, the voting would be really complicated though i dunno up to you just an idea

MeMB
MeMB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to doubles six 2009-08-31 21:38:27 Reply

At 8/31/09 08:07 PM, ashman112 wrote: you could have it like two competitions in one, one for pre selected teams and one for people who have randomly been chosen, that means people could take part in which one they wanted or both, the voting would be really complicated though i dunno up to you just an idea

Yeah, that's an awesome idea! Except, you know, AwesomeSaurus just posted the exact same thing.

I say we do a random pool, and a random pool only. And with a strict monitoring of participants for both quality of art and reliability. And no softie business: you suck, you get the boot.

BBS Signature
AwesomeSaurus
AwesomeSaurus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to doubles six 2009-09-01 00:15:45 Reply

Word, thank you for your confidence in me, Nae. Okay so if anyone has ideas for the next theme, shoot me a PM. Ill probably start up the "registering" phase in two days or so.

Yeah I think the idea to enter as a pre-made theme might be a thing for a whole 'nother type of thread, since it is pretty different, and finding new friends is always good :p

As for screening entrants, I totally agree. It won't be that you have be LaserKarl Jr. or anything, but the entrants work should show some dedication. And as in your case, MemB, I think a new rule will be that you have to be cool with using programs such as AIM, MSN etc. or at the very least e-mail.

I had a little idea that maybe you register by putting yourself into two different categories or something, like inexperienced and advanced. And each category could get its own votes, that way we can have some definite high quality stuff. Alas I already see a problem with this being "look at my stuff, and tell me what category I fit into," and I just don't want anyone to feel put down. Let me know what you guys think about this type, but I'm guessing it will just be in the classic totally random style.

Anyways, to repeat: Send me some ideas for the theme via PM!

doubles 7 hoo-rah!
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to doubles six 2009-09-01 04:05:21 Reply

At 9/1/09 12:15 AM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Word, thank you for your confidence in me, Nae. Okay so if anyone has ideas for the next theme, shoot me a PM. Ill probably start up the "registering" phase in two days or so.

Good, I like the idea of you hosting the next one...

Yeah I think the idea to enter as a pre-made theme might be a thing for a whole 'nother type of thread, since it is pretty different, and finding new friends is always good :p

Yup, Its part of beauty of this that you do not know beforehand who you are going to be teamed up with. Although, I think if this is really going te become a recurring thing again, it really isnt that big of a problem if you do not perform to your best. Better luck next time right? Since it was really unclear whether there would be a follow up to this last one, it would have been really suckish to get fucked up by a shitty partner.

As for screening entrants, I totally agree. It won't be that you have be LaserKarl Jr. or anything, but the entrants work should show some dedication. And as in your case, MemB, I think a new rule will be that you have to be cool with using programs such as AIM, MSN etc. or at the very least e-mail.

Id love to be teamed up with laserkarl :D... Agreed with the msn rule... Also I think we can be quite harsh in that if someone drops out of a double without providing a really good reason (dad died or something like that), they are just out forever...

I had a little idea that maybe you register by putting yourself into two different categories or something, like inexperienced and advanced. And each category could get its own votes, that way we can have some definite high quality stuff. Alas I already see a problem with this being "look at my stuff, and tell me what category I fit into," and I just don't want anyone to feel put down. Let me know what you guys think about this type, but I'm guessing it will just be in the classic totally random style.

The validity of that would depend on the number of participants you get. Also, I think that it is indeed hard to judge for yourself whether you are novice or advanced... I mean, compared to dexter3000 (no offense) id consider myself advanced... Compared to Laserkarl, or Jagundodo, im a novice...

Anyways, to repeat: Send me some ideas for the theme via PM!

Ill see if I can think of something

doubles 7 hoo-rah!

Whore-agh

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature